jump to last post 1-16 of 16 discussions (20 posts)

What is the view from your nearest window?

1. Silver Fish profile image85
    Silver Fishposted 5 years ago

What is the view from your nearest window?

2. bac2basics profile image92
    bac2basicsposted 5 years ago

Beautiful and majestic mountains, pale blue sky with a few streaks of thin cloud, swallows flying by.

Silver Fishposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Sounds amazing. Dawn is just breaking here, I can see my garden, the leaves on my apple trees are starting to colour golden and there is a slight frost.
      What country do you live in ?

2. bac2basics profile image92
      bac2basicsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Spain

3. DreamerMeg profile image91
    DreamerMegposted 5 years ago

Close by, apple trees in the garden, other houses in the town, the bus station, part of the railway track and scaffolding, because there is some work being done on the chimney. In the further distance, the side of the hill and some trees. It's overcast here but dry.

4. xanzacow profile image73
    xanzacowposted 5 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7243152_f260.jpg

Theses houses and the Cherry Grove inlet. If I go across the street behind my house I see the Atlantic Ocean.

5. Astralrose profile image93
    Astralroseposted 5 years ago

Endless rolling hills that just turned greener two months ago and a small river that drowned a dog a month ago when water was still very heavy and now is about to turn dry.

6. Blond Logic profile image99
    Blond Logicposted 5 years ago

Mine is of the lake in front of the house. We have our cages of fish (tilapia) in a circle around an aerator. The lake edge has tall reeds (cattails). Just behind it I can see my neighbor's homes. Their hammocks hanging between their trees. To the left is a wooded area that backs up to the dunes. To the right, mature coconut palms that are swaying in the wind.

Wow, that sounds amazing!

7. melbelle profile image60
    melbelleposted 5 years ago

A row of Crepe Myrtle trees which is next to the neighbors fence around a vacant 5 acres.

8. bankscottage profile image94
    bankscottageposted 5 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7243455_f260.jpg

My view from our back window is of our yard with a small mixed woodlot in the distance.  It is a gloomy day and most of the leaves have already fallen.  It was much prettier a few days ago when the sun was shining and the trees were in full color. 
    The view from our camp is much nicer, but it is closed for the winter.

Another amazing view, thanks for posting a photo.

9. NateB11 profile image93
    NateB11posted 5 years ago

The resident managers' apartment, their car, bikes on the bike rack, trees and shrubs.

10. Attikos profile image80
    Attikosposted 5 years ago

A squirrel drinking from a birdbath. Grass, fallen leaves and needles. Pines, dogwoods, oaks, a birch and a magnolia. Azaleas and hedges. A picket fence. An outbuilding. Rosemary, sage, oregano, sweet bay, lavender. A flicker, a redbird, a blue jay, several robins. A gray sky threatening rain.

11. Trish303 profile image72
    Trish303posted 5 years ago

the fair grounds across the street. it is the view from all my windows, along with some trees and the zoo

12. onegoodwoman profile image77
    onegoodwomanposted 5 years ago

Sitting at my kitchen table.................pecan trees,  grape vines,a bird bath, bird feeders and birds.   Most are preparing to migrate southward, but I can recoginze a few, that I have fed over the last 2 winters.    I will feed them again this year.   I will also make the lint from my dryer, the hair from my brush and comb, tidbits of paper........available to them, for them to use in their coming spring time nests.

13. profile image0
    Garifaliaposted 5 years ago

The sad view from my window cannot compete with what I've read before, but it is my view and I'm happy to be able to view it from the security of my own home: it's a narrow paved street with bland blocks of flats on the opposite side and a few two-storey homes on my side. Along the street are small scattered flowering trees where once there were majestic poplar trees and cars whoosh by every so often. It's a cool autumn day but the hot sun does not seem to relinguish summer.

14. FredBhai profile image42
    FredBhaiposted 5 years ago

A gloomy and foggy day. Can only see a few birds on a tree close to my window.

15. Mark McClean profile image60
    Mark McCleanposted 5 years ago

A couple of bird feeders with no birds and about a thousand squirrels underneath.

16. profile image52
    RudysT4posted 5 years ago

We have a golf course on both sides of our house - the first round in next to our back yard and the 4th round is towards the front.  And we have a lot of trees in the back yard area and a few in the front.  And deer are always around our house - we had three in our back yard a couple days ago - and turkey show up too.  All and all - I like it here - we are in eastern Nebraska a short distance to the Missouri River.

working