What can you see when you look out of your bedroom window?

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (33 posts)
  1. annart profile image82
    annartposted 11 years ago

What can you see when you look out of your bedroom window?

Whether on the ground or first floor (or basement!), what do you see from your bedroom window?  I can see the Bridgwater Marina and the start of the Bridgwater to Taunton canal, sometimes with swans and ducks on them, always with colourful narrow boats moored at pontoons.  Around the area are flats built out of the old warehouses used when ships used to come up the river and deposit their cargo, as well as an animal feed warehouse, canal-side paths and many pedestrians and cyclists.

2. safiq ali patel profile image67
    safiq ali patelposted 11 years ago

A road, a Mountain with trees and a misty blue sky. Some gothic temples and viaduct....

annartposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Sounds wonderful!  Thanks for answering.

3. lburmaster profile image72
    lburmasterposted 11 years ago

My neighbors backyard. Their pool, the deck that needs to be painted, the trees that barely block my view. No matter what time I go to bed, they always have a room light on in their house. I will never understand how and why they stay up so late and wake up so early.

Neighbours are often a mystery!  Thanks for answering.

4. Goody5 profile image59
    Goody5posted 11 years ago

Nothing, because I keep the blinds closed  smile

What would you see if you didn't keep the blinds closed?!

5. Mr. Happy profile image70
    Mr. Happyposted 11 years ago

I see a small Cedar Tree who's height reaches my second floor bedroom window. Past the Cedar, I see a six-lane street, which really should be a highway and across that a row of town-houses.

I do not look out that window much; I have blinds and curtains - that room is only there for sleep, prayer or magic. I do not linger around and nobody else does either.

Great that you've got the tree to off-set the streets; a little bit of country!  Thanks for stopping by.

6. Sherry Hewins profile image93
    Sherry Hewinsposted 11 years ago

The forest, and the trees. Sometimes a squirrel or a deer, maybe one of my dogs.

Great to be able to see wildlife; you obviously have lovely surroundings.  Thanks for answering.

7. Jon Kohan profile image62
    Jon Kohanposted 11 years ago

well if i look past my neighbor hanging out his second floor window smoking, i can see downtown and the mountins. It's a really nice view but most of the time it's the neighbor hanging out the window.

Hope you don't get the smoke too!  Sounds like a good view apart from that.  Thanks for taking the time to answer.

8. Amy Becherer profile image66
    Amy Bechererposted 11 years ago

From my first floor apartment bedroom window, I see the back alley where I park my car and the birdfeeders I put out to feed and water the wildlife.  Today, the winds are 50 mph with blowing snow flurries, so I see a myriad of gathering leaves and trash tossed by careless litterers.  I have braved the wind and cold several times today to try to clean the area so the wildlife has clear access to the black-oil sunflower seeds and fresh water I put out everyday.  I see that the birds are having difficulty flying and prefer feeding from the seed on the ground.

I see little foot traffic except the occasional walker cutting through the back alley to shorten their trip or avoid the traffic on the main thoroughfare.  Occasionally, I see a homeless person perusing through the dumpsters that sit near the building in the alleyway for use by the apartment residents.

When I look straight ahead I see the backyards of the private homes on the other side of the alley.  One home has a private pool with a cedar privacy fence.  The home directly in my line of sight has a chainlink fence that surrounds the yard, which has several fir trees and a few maple trees.  Many of the birds that feed at my bird stations live in the fir trees, two of which a pair of beautiful cardinals.

What a great picture you create!  Your local birds are very lucky to have you around.  Thanks for taking the time to answer, Amy.  Good to see you.

2. Amy Becherer profile image66
      Amy Bechererposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you kindly, annart.

3. annart profile image82

You're very welcome.

9. ryanjhoe profile image55
    ryanjhoeposted 11 years ago

My house is close to my neighbor home which is only 1 meter, so when I opened my window, I could only see the wall between my house and their home.

10. KDeus profile image92
    KDeusposted 11 years ago

My raised garden! Since I live in Florida, I can garden year round. Waking up to see how things are coming along is so wonderful.

How lovely!  There's nothing better than waking up to see beautiful plants, flowers and wildlife.  Thanks for answering.

11. gios the martian profile image61
    gios the martianposted 11 years ago

The neighbours hanged washing.  I think he needs to update his wardrobe.

Isn't it interesting what's on people's washing lines?!!

12. Don Fairchild profile image70
    Don Fairchildposted 11 years ago

Such an interesting question for me as I recall my earliest and most likely first ever memory of my life. 
    I woke up to a grey dim morning possibly early winter.  A light rainstorm brought dozens of raindrops randomly dripping from the roof line.  The rain was a new sight for me and it was fascinating to see the clear drops dancing and falling from sight.  I remember the room layout in later years as it was familiar to me.  I was also curious about how the pillows on the bed were laid around me like a wagon train protecting me.
    Yes as strange as it might seem, this memory had to be when I was around six months old or so.  To this day I am at peace waking up and watching rain drops in the morning.

An interesting variation to the question.  Thanks Don.

13. profile image0
    lisasuniquevoiceposted 11 years ago

When I look out of my bedroom window I look upon a little forest green and flourishing next to a small stream that flows North. In winter it's a panaorama of white covered frozen tundra. Crystalized, frozen in place beauty that's majestic. In Spring is the colorful tulips that poke their head ups from the sun warmed soil. In the Fall the spectrum of color ranging from a deep magenta to a warm golden tone the leaves don't disappoint.
    Lisa

Wow!  That sounds beautiful all year round.  Thanks for your contribution.

14. miguel91 profile image60
    miguel91posted 11 years ago

My neighbor's home. Occasionally his dogs.

15. sisterofdummy profile image59
    sisterofdummyposted 11 years ago

Houses, trees, grass...Things like that.

16. lilian_sg profile image63
    lilian_sgposted 11 years ago

Nothing much. Car park area with some tall trees and opposite would be the other blocks of HDB flats.

17. shofarcall profile image60
    shofarcallposted 11 years ago

Hi annart, This is the 1st "question" hub I visit. Just browsing out of curiosity. Because I happen to be in my bedroom right now, I thought it was a good questions to reply to!
    So, what do I see. Firstly, my home is on stilts (log home) which means I have a birds eye view. I have glass sliding doors on one side and a huge window on the other side of the room. I look out onto a green oasis of trees of many kinds. Cabbage trees, ironwood trees, etc beneath which is a garden filled with plants which are shade lovers. So it gives the illusion of being in the midst of a jungle.  I love it!

It sounds absolutely wonderful!  Thanks for your answer.

18. profile image0
    Vincent Mooreposted 11 years ago

A 14th foot drop to the street and sidewalk on a busy street.

Thanks for the answer.  I love finding out everyone's different scenarios and outlooks.  Helps to put my fellow hubbers in perspective.  All the best!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)