Have you been victimized by unscrupulous perennial mail order companies?

1. 4FoodSafety profile image75
    4FoodSafetyposted 4 years ago

Have you been victimized by unscrupulous perennial mail order companies?

I order five hybrid peony plants from what I thought was a respected mail order catalog. I wanted these for the front of my house and I thought I was buying a hybrid of a specific color.

Little did I realize that peonies take two - three years to bloom. The first year there were tiny buds but no real discernible flower. This year all five plants bloomed and they bloomed in a common color. The warranty is for 12 mo but the question is not about the life of the plant, the question is the switch and bait.

I am out of $250 or should I report there unethical tactics to the Better Business Bureau?

2. The Examiner-1 profile image74
    The Examiner-1posted 4 years ago

My first question is: Did you not do research on growing/growth of peony plants before you bought them?
    My second question: Did you research the name of the mail order catalog to see if it is legitimate. Perhaps the BBB, or someone, could have told you.
    Now I would send the name of the catalog to the BBB and see what they say. If they cannot tell you anything then perhaps they may recommend someone else who can.
    Here is a link that can help:
    http://atlanta.bbb.org/
    I believe that you can go here to find a site closer to you.

3. Barbara Kay profile image92
    Barbara Kayposted 4 years ago

I've had more of a problem with getting such tiny plants. Not all companies are the same. I would write to the company first and see if they'll refund your money and let them know if they don't you will report them to BBB.

working