jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

What are the common traits of the not-so-well-to-do?

1. ngureco profile image83
    ngurecoposted 5 years ago

What are the common traits of the not-so-well-to-do?

Those with no saving and are most unlikely to have a better life in the near future.

2. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 5 years ago

That they lack money? All people have a variety of differences regardless of their lot in life.  There are many "poor" people who are quite happy and live peaceful lives and have a great attitude about making due with what they have.  There are others who have problems like addictions who have kind of made a hard life through bad choices, then others just hit an unexpected hard turn - layoffs, bad economy, businesses closing down.   The same can be said for "rich" people - some of them are not happy despite having monetary wealth and they never have "enough".  Others are very kind, hard working, generous etc.  Some are born into wealth and never know the value of hard work etc.

Aside from not having money, I don't really see how there would be an across the board commonality among the poor - nor the rich for that matter? Everyone is different.

1. Lor's Stories profile image59
      Lor's Storiesposted 4 years agoin reply to this

The poor are loved more. And they have nothing to hide.
      How do I know. I worked with the poor many years ago.

3. vbonilla117 profile image60
    vbonilla117posted 5 years ago

I agree! Those who earn less than $40,000 are actually more happier than those who make more! smile People are learning to become more self-sufficient and live with less.

4. JenPaxton profile image84
    JenPaxtonposted 5 years ago

I think that ego is a person's biggest downfall, no matter their rank in society.  It's inherant in people who are perpetually unhappy with life, and it's all across the board - rich, poor, middle-class, third-world, first-world.

5. Lor's Stories profile image59
    Lor's Storiesposted 4 years ago

That's really kind of judging lots of people.
    Are well- to-do people better.

You can not have money and live well or happily.
    I have a disability and can no longer work but that doesn't say I have certain traits. That's being very unfair.
    But that's my opinion.