Th Idiocy That Is Mankind!

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (72 posts)
  1. Artimes Blaine profile image60
    Artimes Blaineposted 10 years ago

Apologies for the title, but it was the only thing my tired brain could come up with on such short notice. I wasn't finding much in the Freeform Discussion thing, so I decided to make my own and thus here we are. Talk about whatever comes to mind first and don't worry about it sounding lame or too philosophical. Trust me, my brain will come up with some crazy stuff for us to talk about and you will commonly have a WTF moment as to how or why my weird brain came up with such ridiculous nonsense. So have at, my fellow Hubbers...why does that word make us sound like the ultimate couch potatoes?

1. Bk42author profile image94
      Bk42authorposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I love the title! I was looking for something like this on the forum yesterday.

Artimes Blaineposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Bk and please have fun.

1. profile image55
          descentiongalposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Waite, BK is the only one that gets to have fun? What about the nearly 1 million other users who lurk within these walls?

My apologies, descent. All are welcome to have fun. Just be nice to your fellow posters. wink

2. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 10 years ago

I spilled spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

(Thank you, Steven Wright.)

1. merej99 profile image73
      merej99posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Oh, that's RUFF

2. Artimes Blaine profile image60

*starts laughing* Oh God that was hilarious.

3. spartucusjones profile image90
    spartucusjonesposted 10 years ago

I wear a luchador mask and $5 poncho. Do I wear the mask because I am embarrassed by the idiocy around me? Do I wear it because I am embarrassed by my own idiocy? Or do I wear it because it was on sale and I would be an idiot if I didn't buy it?

I didn't cost me anything for this pic!  I used faceinhole.  LOL

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/8796863_f248.jpg

Why Wonder Woman?

Because at the time that I made it I was a full time student, working full time, with a part time chaser, plus I was writing, selling Mary Kay, and being a mom to 3 boys.  And Wonder Woman has some uhhhh....  (looks around for a moderator) assets and, of course, Bracelets of Victory

*giggles* You are indeed Wonder Woman! *bows in admiration*

2. spartucusjones profile image90
        spartucusjonesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

So maybe I am a idiot! I could of used Faceinhole and saved the money!

1. profile image55

Thats a gamble on a good day. Waite.. what is Faceinhole?

*chuckles* Apparently it is an easier version of Photoshop.

The last one sounds the most plausible, given that I don't think you are an idiot. As for everyone else, now that is debatable. tongue

1. spartucusjones profile image90

I personally like to think that everyone else is the idiot! I like to be the only sane one in a world of insanity! Of course liking to think something doesn't make it so, but oh well.

Unfortunately, you are not sane. Fortunately, you are the good kind of insanity.

Thank you, that is the nicest thing that anyone has ever said to me!

*smiles* Being sane is far too boring. Being the good kind of insane makes life interesting and often times very fun. XD

2. merej99 profile image73

I'd like to be insane and eventually get paperwork that says I'm sane.  At least I'd have proof.

*chuckles* An insane person with proof that they are sane, the world just might end. wink

4. profile image0
    Dave36posted 10 years ago

I can only post this as i'm in the Uk, & it's bedtime so i'll get back to yer another night.....Anyway Mankind aren't idiots, & to prove that look at technology etc....I know what you mean though, because look at what they do with the technology!....Mankind are "weak" that's what they are, & in general do exactly what their told.....Governments are the idiots, & that's what the idiocy of mankind is.....WTF? have the various Governments around the world, been doing for the last few hundred years?....Lining their pockets killings 10's of millions & their mates pockets & the Royals pockets etc, whilst shafting us all at the same time.....So there's mankind, but there's 2 kinds, there's us, & there's them.....Their the slave masters, & we're the slaves.....Where was your land to farm when you was born?, your relatives "must" have had one at some time in history....Mankind is exactly how the Governments want them to be, so if the USA is like the UK, & turning to shite, who do you blame?.....You can't blame the masses they haven't been running the show, it's the Governments show so their obviously to blame for everything....The only thing i blame the masses for is for being weak, & the majority are failing lifes test.

Nah...they're idiots

1. profile image55

Is that an official diagnosis, or just a professional opinion.

Why can't it be both?

1. profile image55

ah, very good. +2 for you.

plus nothing. It is what it is. Oh, I have that on a T-shirt.

2. Cre8tor profile image92
        Cre8torposted 10 years agoin reply to this

+1

Hahaha...just kidding everyone! smile

Just kidding?! *pounces on Bk*

I must say that you have made some excellent points, but even a single individual can effect change...even if it is one person at a time. As for governments, they are ruled by greed and the lust for power. And to be honest, it will take an idiot with more courage than they thought they had to change the idiocy that is governments.

PS: Yes, the US is going into the toilet at an alarming rate, forcing people like me to do Hub Pages because we can't get 'normal' jobs.

1. profile image0
        Dave36posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I beg to differ buddy, a single person has never changed anything ever (maybe slowed something down, or outed something/someone)....Whatever is happening now, has bee planned well in advance....I say the governments are idiots, but i know their very clever people that just pass themselves off as idiots....You've got a 2 party "system" in the USA, just like we have now in the UK.....So it doesn't matter which one you vote for, the same exact "planned" shite will get rolled out behind the scenes.....Politicians are just puppets mate, their ran by the power mad people who ever they are.....Why are our 2 countries buying everything from China?, a country with zero human rights....Then we go around the world, posing as the worlds "policemen"!lol

A single person creates the spark. In the words of the Doctor 'Great men are forged through fire, it is the duty of lesser men to light the flame.' So initially, you may not see results but given time, it can turn into a roaring flame. How do think the whole Women's rights movement got started or the abolishment of slavery occurred. It takes a single person to get the ball rolling.

1. profile image0

There's more slaves in the world now than ever before buddy, & as far as women's rights what rights do you speak of?.....I don't know if you've noticed, but we don't have rights anymore.

The right to vote is at the top of the list. Not to mention, being able to pursue careers that were completely male driven for a long time. Women have come a long way, but there is still much that could be changed. A woman I may be, but my only desire is to leave something positive behind to help guide future generations. Thus the reason why I am now pursuing my dream of becoming a novelist.

5. merej99 profile image73
    merej99posted 10 years ago

When I was a bartender many moons ago this drunk guy orders a bar pie (9" personal pizza).  So it's just about done and I'm getting ready to cut it so I ask, "You want me to cut it in 4 pieces or 8?"

He looked up at me and said, "Four because I can't eat 8."

Really?
    http://s2.hubimg.com/u/8796859_f248.jpg

*chuckles* That really is idiotic.

6. profile image55
    descentiongalposted 10 years ago

i Knew an idiot once, nice guy. Horrible bad breath.

Seriously?

7. HollieT profile image82
    HollieTposted 10 years ago

I blame the people who voted for the people who introduced pizzas in the first place.

Hey! I like pizzas!

1. HollieT profile image82
        HollieTposted 10 years agoin reply to this

But you don't have to like the people's person's politician. Whether they like pizza or not.

Did Al Gore introduce Pizza around the time he invented the internet?

I'm pretty sure the internet preceded pizzas.

Nope, pizzas preceded the internet by a few hundred years. They were making pizza in Europe for a long time before the net showed up.

I was only kidding *giggles*

I know. tongue

Pizza good. Politician bad. *kicks dirt at said politicians*

1. profile image55

Gore would eat that dirt then sue you for the cost of one large pizza. Its just the kind of guy he is.

You referring to Al Gore? Didn't he have a radio show on the AM band?

1. profile image55

That and he was a rather prominent us politician. Some would argue he still is.

I liked his radio show. Dad would often listen to him while we were out, so I sorta got into it. It was the only thing I ever listened to on the AM band.

8. Darksage profile image60
    Darksageposted 10 years ago

Why are we so scared to do something for mankind?

Because a vast majority  of the human race are idiots? Or simply we lack the confidence to effect the change that mankind so desperately needs.

9. profile image0
    Beth37posted 10 years ago

The Potty Putter.
    http://s1.hubimg.com/u/8798590_f248.jpg

That is awesome!

Now that is just ridiculous. That is truly the peak of laziness.

1. profile image0
          Beth37posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Does it speak of laziness or does it speak of multi-tasking?
          Laziness would be to only use the commode, this man is honing a skill *while using the commode.

*raises an eyebrow* He's learning how to putt on a toilet. That definitely implies laziness since the act is taking place while sitting down when the original act that he is honing the skill for requires him to be standing not sitting.

I'm not sure it would be a good idea to use the potty putter while standing! The results could be a bit messy.

Point and case.

2. merej99 profile image73

Perfect!  When is father's day?

No way! You cannot be serious!

10. lbsf1 profile image80
    lbsf1posted 10 years ago

We are all idiots

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/2b/Green_Day_-_American_Idiot_cover.jpg

*I'm not from the US however still wink

*chuckles*

11. Artimes Blaine profile image60
    Artimes Blaineposted 10 years ago

Did we really run out of things to say about The Idiocy That Is Mankind? *pouts* I know there has to be more! *crickets* Any time you're ready. *scowls and walks off to her other forums*

12. maxoxam41 profile image63
    maxoxam41posted 10 years ago

No need to apologize it does reflect my opinion too. Who would still believe that capitalism works for the people's happiness? Who would still believe that our governments (mainly westerners) or any corporation have our interests in mind? Who would still believe that Afghanistan, Libya, Iraq, Syria... were more dictatorships that our "sweet" West? Who would believe that the IMF, the UNO ... work for the interests of the world versus ours? Who would still believe that the elite and the corporations will pay in the future as many taxes as the lower classes? Who would still believe that our national natural resources don't believe to the people versus private interests? Who would still believe that the overexploitation of our ground without environmental consequences?.... Who would still believe in a rosy future?

Those who wear rose tinted glasses. Hm, sounds like something from Depeche Mode. I have probably stated this before somewhere, but the world has gone mad! To quote one of the characters of the Sherlock series, 'Why can't people just think?' There is a reason we have that gray squishy stuff between our ears. It is not there as a place holder.

2. profile image0

I don't believe it for one minute maxoxam41, & the trouble with most peeps is it's too far fetched to be believed.....I live in the UK, & i know i was born a slave....They stole the land then they stole the gold etc, now i can work for them for 40 years to get a piece of my land back....My house is my prison cell, & my town is nothing better than an open prison....If someone has 100 grand in the bank, congratulations, they have 100 grands worth of paper, while the bankers keep the gold....People can't think anymore the governments seen to that, & most people worship celebrities money power & greed....It's not all doom & gloom though as the Brazil World Cups coming up, so that's another 20/30 billion wasted!lol

So bankers are Ferangi, are they? *chuckles* I could probably associate every type to a Star Trek stereotype. Ooh that sounds like fun and would probably make for a great hub.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)