Arrogant Hubbers

Jump to Last Post 1-33 of 33 discussions (124 posts)
  1. yui lockhart profile image60
    yui lockhartposted 12 years ago

I am still new at writing field, and I find some hubbers to be RUDE. Is it actually right to say that your ideas is IDIOCY? Have you encountered some hubbers who have this level of intelligence ? A level that don't accept ideas from fellow writers, and the worst is, they tell you that your idea is stupid? How did you cope up with these guys? Help please?

1. PaulaHenry1 profile image66
      PaulaHenry1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Unfortunately on HP as well as in your daily life you will find those who are all too willing to criticize, put-down or just be rude. Ignore them I find is the best method. Sorry to hear you are having issues....

yui lockhartposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I suppose it is normal smile I just dont know if i should take it as a criticism to improve more, or should I ignore it.

1. rebekahELLE profile image86
          rebekahELLEposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Rudeness is not constructive. If someone is rude, there are many more who will be helpful. Leave the rude ones to themselves. smile

1. Cardisa profile image89
            Cardisaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Most of the hubbers who do this sort of thing have not written a single hub or have a profile. I was accused of copying a hub from the internet yet my plagiarism checker has not come up with a single article that matches mine.

Most of these people are sock pockets or whatever the hell they are called. Just delete the comment if it's made on your hub.

1. gmwilliams profile image86
              gmwilliamsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Amen, Cardisa,  I second you on that.    The "hubber" who called me an nitwit and idiot NEVER published a hub and that person has been a "hubber" for years.   There is a saying that critics NEVER do!  Amen a milnillion times!  This thread should be called, STUPID HUBBERS.  For it is such who criticizes a fellow hubber's work!  How DARE they!

2. GoodLady profile image91
            GoodLadyposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I agree with RebekahELLE...leave the rude ones to themselves.  I was following someone who left an inappropriate remark last week, which bothered me - till I decided I wouldn't bother reading his work any more.

2. manlypoetryman profile image77
      manlypoetrymanposted 12 years agoin reply to this

What IDIOT told ya' your IDEAS were IDIOCY? That is more then rude...that's just someone being an _ _ S...straight up!

I told that hubber that it is very rude of him to say that, but I dont want to pick a fight. It is time wasting and mind vonsuming as well

1. janesix profile image60
          janesixposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You don't want to pick a fight, yet you start an entire thread on it? lol

3. paradigmsearch profile image61
      paradigmsearchposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Compared to some other forums I've seen, this place is a pussy cat.

Hang in there. Believe it or not, this is one of the nicer places around.

Thank you !

2. viryabo profile image94
        viryaboposted 12 years agoin reply to this

+1

4. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I wouldn't let it get to you, as everyone is going to have their own opinions on things.  I guess the best advice I can give you is to try not to take things too seriously when talking to others in forums about your point of views.  Sure, there are some hubbers that delight in acting intellectually superior to others, but not everyone here is like that.  Just give it some time, as I'm sure you'll come to realize that not all hubbers are like that here. smile

I must admit that I am not mature enough to face these types of people because they really get into my nerves , but I am fully aware that I have to control myself and let my mind do the thinking and not my emotions

1. dungeonraider profile image89
          dungeonraiderposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Keep in mind, yui lockhart, that there are many people, in any forum or chat, that troll others.  That is, they get off on getting a rise out of you.

1. Rosie2010 profile image67
            Rosie2010posted 12 years agoin reply to this

@dungeonraider - that's exactly what my son said when I told him about the rudeness and meanness of some people in forums and chats.

@yui lockhart - I had also experienced being put down here on Hubpages.  Some are polite saying "Thanks for your lack of knowledge, Rosie."  Some are direct saying "Rosie, what you're saying is pure nonsense."  ..... Okay, there were right... but that is not the point!  lol

5. paradigmsearch profile image61

Well, it took awhile. But I finally found the text that we are all talking about here. Frankly, I was astounded when I saw who it was.

He also said to another hubber, "Actually, you are talking through your hat. Get lost."

So he wasn't just picking on you.

Maybe he's just having a bad day. lol

Yes as i have read other posts. But let's be quiet! Heehee

I found it too.  I once commented on a hub of this hubber.  He replied to each and every comment, except mine.  I'm guessing my comment must be beyond idiotic.  lol

I miss lansones, yui. sad

1. Pcunix profile image91
            Pcunixposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Rosie, I have no idea what comment I missed replying to or why.  I do try to respond to every comment, but I guess I screwed up. I certainly did not intend to slight you.

It was a long time ago.  I went looking for it but my activity feed could only go so far back.  You were busy saying hello to all your friends.. I checked more than once.. as I said, you were busy.  smile

6. profile image0
      Website Examinerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

It was more personal, actually...

1. paradigmsearch profile image61

Comments Sections! Where the REAL forum wars take place! lol

7. gmwilliams profile image86
      gmwilliamsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

To Yui: Oh yes, I have written hubs on one of my favorite subjects, the large family.  Well, one "hubber" ACTUALLY verbally attacked my premise regarding the subject and called me a nitwit and idiot- and I have deleted the "comments".  The hub author is always FREE to delete "comments" that are rude and offensive.  Let me not digress.   However, when I researched the name of the particular "hubber"- this one had 0 hubs.   I have discovered it is usually those who do not participate regarding the hubbing experience are the ones who are the most virulent in their critique.

8. Dorsi profile image89
      Dorsiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

hmmmm...odd that you would ask that. I just had a hubber that said I was "delusional" (but I did tell him that was rude and he did apologize) Of course it was over a political hub too...lol....

So I let that one just roll over me. Politics will do it every time, I tell ya!

9. NatalieSack profile image60
      NatalieSackposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oh, yes.  There have been occasions when I've offered suggestions to a hubber in response to a question they've posted, and another hubber jumps in to tell me my opinion is wrong.  They don't say they disagree with my opinion, they tell me it is wrong.  I have tried ignoring these hubbers, and I've also engaged some of them and argued my point.  So far I have remained civil--even when I haven't wanted to--and after a particularly snarly debate I got an email from a moderator (I think) thanking me for arguing politely.  All you can do is see what works best for you, and stay true to yourself.

10. AEvans profile image72
      AEvansposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ignore them. Place yourself around hubbers who inspire you, guide you and appreciate you. Anything negative just turn the other cheek. The will either adore you or they will not bother you again.

1. profile image0

I disagree.

1. AEvans profile image72
          AEvansposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Ignoring them is far better then debating and getting all upset. Don't attack them but being kind to them makes things more simple. You don't attack them when they are attacking you. You leave them alone.

Or you can provide your opinion in a positive manner.

1. profile image0

Ignoring them is fine. "Turning the other cheek" is not a good strategy, in my opinion.

2. Pcunix profile image91

And, as we have seen here, it is also important to understand whether you really have been "attacked" at all.

11. ThatYossarian profile image59
      ThatYossarianposted 12 years agoin reply to this

One way to look at it is that no matter where you are, or what your idea is, there will be a certain percentage of people who disagree with you. When you post your work on the internet you're going to run into more people, including those who disagree with your opinion.

I'd prefer to hear those people out and let them disagree with me openly. How else can I test the mettle of my own ideas? Anyway, if the responses and criticisms to your ideas are name-calling, then it seems like you've made a pretty good case in your hub because name-calling is a pretty weak response.

My advice: don't ignore them. Take it in. What are they saying? Is there actually any substance to the criticism? If not, and if the comments are only petty insults and childish tantrums, then you're doing just fine.

2. profile image0
    Website Examinerposted 12 years ago

Unfortunately, some members take pleasure in acting superior, showing off, and making other members feel bad.

Keep going. Never let anyone discourage you from what you want to do.

1. manlypoetryman profile image77

Amen to that!

1. profile image0

Thank you!

1. profile image0
          TrinityCatposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I agree. They act grandiose, but forget they are behind a computer. If we dare one of these people to tell it to our faces, they back off cowardly. It's just best to ignore them and keep on writing what they "hate" to bug 'em off! big_smile

2. rebekahELLE profile image86
      rebekahELLEposted 12 years agoin reply to this

++

Ignore them.

3. Dale Hyde profile image80
      Dale Hydeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

As I have noted before, I have stopped coming around the forums as much as I first did simply because of some members that "have to" have the last say or repeat what you may have said and try to sound superior when they do it. I don't like being talked down to by anyone as well.  For those members who think they are All Knowing and above everyone else, remember, we all are equal, and you only distance yourself from others by trying to act superior.  What you do accomplish is run people off as they don't come here to see you trying to run "your" forum" in "your" arrogant and superior manner.

Dale, I find that the "All Knowing" members have a lot of followers, who would swear on their great great grandmother's grave, that such member is really "All Knowing" and an upstanding citizen and a really really nice person.  Seriously?  big_smile

4. profile image0

+1

5. yui lockhart profile image60

Agreed!

3. MakinBacon profile image80
    MakinBaconposted 12 years ago

On the other hand, nobody has to "accept" anyone else's ideas, otherwise we would all be the same. Criticism is part of being a writer, and I've been on the receiving end for years.

Just write about something that generates a lot of passion, and you'll quickly find out.

Possibly you're trying too hard to be accepted as well. For me, I don't have any expectations one way or the other concerning how someone will respond. That helps so one doesn't get overwhelmed by those who disagree with you, and may express it strongly.

In my opinion you are a fellow fine human being in your own right. big_smile

2. yui lockhart profile image60

I dont know what principles to follow, because my professors have taught me that i should take an hear out other's opinions and ideas. At first for me, i dont care what everybody has to say, but it took me awhile to realize that looking into other's perspectives shall help me grow. Maybe, your opinion is case to case basis. I assure you that i will remember your advice smile

4. livewithrichard profile image72
    livewithrichardposted 12 years ago

Yui, I had to laugh because the very first person that came to mind after reading your OP is the exact person that called your idea idiocy.  Unfortunately, you are going to find many people here that are just like him and they will go over and beyond with their convoluted egos. 

I suggest start making a list of those people and either ignore them or avoid anything they write.  Do not take it to heart.  These people have absolutely no influence in your personal or professional circles. They are an anomaly in civil society and it is best not to feed into their arrogance.

1. Jean Bakula profile image92
      Jean Bakulaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

This is really one of the nicer groups of people. I went on one site and people swore at me for no reason! Try not to let it get to you, there are always ignorant people.

But I will surely take your advice and remember it by heart! Thank you

5. profile image0

OK, I found it too. I'd say that if you visit someone's hub and are treated badly, don't go there again. It is not such a good idea to start forum threads in that situation, since people will soon figure out who it is about. This is my opinion.

I still think he is cute and fuzzy. lol

Maybe he will drop by here. big_smile

1. recommend1 profile image60
        recommend1posted 12 years agoin reply to this

I am cute and fuzzy ! ! !   -   I also call idiots an idiot when they are being really stupid - however, I also defend second language writers and beautiful women, so it wasn't me this time guvnor !  big_smile

1. manlypoetryman profile image77

I hope you're kidding Recommend 1...By what power would any of us have the right to label someone's ideas as being "Idiotic". There has to be better ways to say it.

Why is it necessary to be polite when someone posts some really stupid comment, attacks someone else, or is bigoted or a fundamental religionista ?     

I also congratulate etc - when good stuff is put up.

I do not believe that the dumbing down of being politically correct, sleazy ass licking, and mindless agreement is healthy for discussion.

If anyone does not want me to say that their comment is stupid then don't write stupid comments.

2. MelissaBarrett profile image59
          MelissaBarrettposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You are cute and fuzzy.

and I resist the temptation to make rude comments on your posts,  not only because you are a beautiful woman - but also because you bite !!! big_smile

1. MelissaBarrett profile image59
              MelissaBarrettposted 12 years agoin reply to this

They are nibbles really.  Seldom do I draw blood.

6. manlypoetryman profile image77
    manlypoetrymanposted 12 years ago

I found him...I found him. Not that surprised either hmm

1. profile image0

Same here.  hmm

me too hmm

7. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 12 years ago

oh no...poor you....just roll with it...that's what i do...or in this case let it roll off of you  big_smile

8. yui lockhart profile image60

Thanks for the feedback fellow hubbers, it is not only about him. But i encountered some as well. A hubber told me that my english is like GOOGLE TRANSLATOR because it souns so bad, I took that criticism as a tip how to improve my writing. My prifessors taught me to accept others opinions brcause it makes you more humble and open. i dont know what are the principles to follow but I keep my mind open for duggestions and ideas. I would also admit that I am not mature enough to take serious criticisms but i also see to it that I am working on that because it helps me grow. Let's not focus on one person guys because many hubbers do rhe same thing of speaking like a superior. I am only 19 years old so I hope everyone in the  hubpages community will help each other to open up and fonder existing ideas.

Sorry for the typo's.. Im only using my phone big_smile

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
        SomewayOuttaHereposted 12 years agoin reply to this

i see you are in the Phillipines..if english is your second language...good for you...many people do not attempt to speak a second language...let alone write in another one....you go girl!

Here in our country, english is almost a part of our daily lives , from the expressions to daily conversations w/ friends. Thank you! smile))

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
            SomewayOuttaHereposted 12 years agoin reply to this

smile

9. profile image0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 12 years ago

I wouldn't worry about it.  You need to understand that people can be anyone they want to be online.  Don't take it personal, and the better off you will be.

Yes, it's nothing personal. smile thanks fir the advice smile

10. LuisEGonzalez profile image77
    LuisEGonzalezposted 12 years ago

yui lockhart; Please do not let this get to you . For every rude individual on HubPages there are literary hundreds who will go the extra mile to assist and encourage you. Thank you for hanging in there........cool

1. Dorsi profile image89
      Dorsiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well said.

Thank you smile

11. rLcasaLme profile image69
    rLcasaLmeposted 12 years ago

These guys are mostly having temperament problems. Just ignore them. You're not writing to please them, are you? wink

1. rLcasaLme profile image69
      rLcasaLmeposted 12 years agoin reply to this

why not give them a taste of your humor?
      people without a sense of humor are always the victim of infuriation.

12. GmaGoldie profile image82
    GmaGoldieposted 12 years ago

If you wish to see the real world, take a tour of YouTube comments. Sadly, many comments have been turned off because the comments are disgusting. In fact, Madonna even made a YouTube video asking her viewers to clean up their act.

Hub Pages is much better than most but of course, the world takes all kind.

It is my hope the world becomes smaller and communication more open and respectful.

Great Forum post - thank you very much!

13. pisean282311 profile image64
    pisean282311posted 12 years ago

in 1 and half years+ on hubpages i havent found any one rude out here...

1. mary615 profile image84
      mary615posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Me either!  I have found just the opposite.  I think writers are more sensitive than most people (maybe that's why we write).  I have made so many new friends here, and though we've never met in person, I feel close to them.

14. aware profile image69
    awareposted 12 years ago

lead by example . i prefer the civil exchange of contrary ideas .

15. Daniel Carter profile image63
    Daniel Carterposted 12 years ago

Arrogance is a cover for a very deep insecurity. It's a way to reinforce to one's self that they are not less than anyone else. The odd thing is that it's always about putting someone else down.

Rudeness is simply a reflection of one's own self loathing. Any attack is a cry about their own personal misery and that they don't know how to accept themselves, and need to attack others as a result.

We are all ill with these symptoms to various degrees and from time to time. When you begin to realize that, you begin to see how ineffective they are and how unimportant it is to play into another person's inability to accept self and others. the more you understand this, the more you realize that you are okay and have no need to harm yourself or any others.

For as often and as penetrating as arrogance and rudeness can happen, we still somehow stare in shock. When I laugh at it instead of become upset, it's amazing at how unimportant it all becomes.

16. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 12 years ago

This is a nice place. Let's kill this thread. smile

17. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 12 years ago

If someone personally insults you in a forum, you can report it as a personal attack. Not so sure with hub comments.

I personally try and answer in an indepth as possible form, because often I assume the person is misinformed. However some days I really want to call some people idiots!

1. livewithrichard profile image72
      livewithrichardposted 12 years agoin reply to this

smile smile Don't we all?  But you find restraint because that's what civil people do and that's what makes this such a good community.

18. profile image0

The OP's comment to which you responded was: "Yes, all the beers and wines here in the Philippines are proved to contain minerals that can help our body. I also believe that liquors outside our country is also helpful. Im into the brighter side of ideas.."

Maybe that explains why some people have gotten the impression that your comment was directed at her as well. It is good to hear you say that it wasn't.

Well, I really can't help people who are unable to understand  two simple sentences, can I?

But did anyone here notice that I called no one an idiot, called no one stupid?  No.  I'm a horrible person because I think adding vitamins to liquor is idiotic.

Ok. I am a horrible person.  You know why?  Because I didn't bother to read her last comment carefully and did not realize that she thought I was insulting her.  I see that now, but after all this whining and lying which nobody bothered to correct, I really don't care any more.

Anybody could have looked at  the comment thread and realized that there was no way that was directed at her. Nobody did. 

So I don't care.  I'm tired and I've had enough.

19. profile image0

I read all of the comments carefully, and was in doubt what you meant. So it was a misunderstanding, I don't think having cleared that up is such a bad thing. We don't all match up with your intelligence level, it is probably true. I don't even mean this sarcastically. I don't consider you a bad person, either. Thanks.

I don't buy it.  I don't think you need any particular genius to understand

""Vitamins can be ADDED to liquor. I can't imagine the intelligence level that would prompt such idiocy."

Certainly I understand how she, with a less than perfect understanding of English, might be confused, and I am sorry I missed that.  I don't see how any native English speaker could possibly construe that as being a personal attack.

But apparently certain people here want to see it that way.  In some cases, I fully understand why.   I do not understand why nobody bothered to quote what I actually said, but people do love a public lynching..

1. profile image0

I tried to see your comments either way, and felt that they were also directed at her because she had endorsed what the bottlers were doing (as I have quoted above). I have since said that I have now understood what you meant.

No one quoted you, previously, because no one wanted to name you in the thread. No one had quoted her either, until after you quoted yourself.

I have nothing more to add in this threat. Thanks for responding.

Fair enough..

20. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image82
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 12 years ago

Look, here's the deal:  You can say most anything you wish in your own hubs - but you can't come to my hubs or someone else's hubs and just go at them and expect them to be sweet.

I see hubs by people all the time that I KNOW to not read because I'm not going to agree with them.  I still like those people.  I'll read their other hubs.  Why go looking for a fight?

21. Xenonlit profile image60
    Xenonlitposted 12 years ago

This guy sounds like a troll who used to haunt alt.net.usegroups ages ago, I cant remember his screen name but he was prolific! He was everywhere.

There was a big myth that he was a web bot or even a group of people. Everyone of us was a nitwit, an idiot or something insulting. One person even made a hilarious question machine where you could ask him any question and this guy would reply that the questioner was a nitwit, an idiot, a dummy...

22. wordscribe43 profile image92
    wordscribe43posted 12 years ago

Personally, I think it was just a misunderstanding.  I read Pcunix's hub and the comments with great interest... as it's a topic I follow closely.  I read the comment before Yui made this thread and did not construe it as a personal attack against her.  I knew he was referring to the bottlers/manufacturers practice as an "idiocy". 

I can see how his comment was incorrectly construed in hindsight, however.  So, hopefully others will be similarly able to see how they've misinterpreted his message... that is, no personal attack on Yui, but rather the bottlers.

This is part of the problem with written communication.  It's why I loathe email, you can't read one's body language or hear intonations.  I never discuss heated or emotional issues in email for this very reason.  This is a good case in point, imho.  smile

23. profile image0

Well said!

24. Happytobee profile image59
    Happytobeeposted 12 years ago

u called?????

25. Pcunix profile image91
    Pcunixposted 12 years ago

Well, I apologize.  It certainly was not intentional.  I think you are a very talented person and I am sure your comment was valuable.

26. rLcasaLme profile image69
    rLcasaLmeposted 12 years ago

Now, this got me to thinking about my earlier post.

"These guys are mostly having temperament problems. Just ignore them. You're not writing to please them, are you?"

I've said that statement assuming that yui had received such titles like "idiot" in a forum, or maybe that she was attacked by someone verbally blatantly. I was also thinking that maybe the guy is just having an authoritative intellectual power trip.

From these previous forum posts, I've learned that it was actually just a replied comment from a hub. A hub from Pcunix! tsk tsk tsk...

I guess my previous post does not apply to him. I quite know the guy.

I believe Pcunix have made it always clear to be careful commenting on his hubs. He's a very opinionated guy and he'd be rude if need be. He has a reputation to have his own opinions without compromise. I wouldn't take offense from him.

We differ in many things like religious views. I'm a christian. He's an atheist. He can call me an idiot, but i would understand why that is.

27. Kangaroo_Jase profile image75
    Kangaroo_Jaseposted 12 years ago

The view I have about this subject is everyone is entitled about their opinion, but not before I give them the opinion they become entitled too smile

1. sofs profile image78
      sofsposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol This is the best on this thread so far big_smile

28. yui lockhart profile image60

I see, and I can understand it more clearly now, thanks for the explanations guys. What I thought about this comment (""Vitamins can be ADDED to liquor. I can't imagine the intelligence level that would prompt such idiocy.") is since I thought of that idea of putting vitamins to liquor, and that level of intelligence would prompt such idiocy, therefore my level of intelligence was plain stupid, nonsense or anything that can be equated to idiocy. So there is the logic. Do not worry guys, this is nothing personal and I don't take things so easily at heart. It is just that I also want to deal with these type of people nicely. what would I say or react etc etc etc. Thanks for the opinions guys. smile very much appreciated.

PS: sorry if my english is a little bit of, i am not used with your idiomatic expressions and I am still studying and memorizing some of them, but I can converse in english. I am used to academic writing that is why I tend to communicate with that format of writing. So please bear with me and I hope someday I can be as excellent writer as you do guys. Thanks a lot.

I don't think you thought of the idea of adding vitamins to liquor smile

You commented that you thought liquor contains vitamins; I assumed that you actually thought that was true, which is why I emphasized "ADDED" in my reply.  I see now that you are aware that these are added, not natural as they are in beer.  I do think that adding vitamins to alcohol is definitely idiocy, but I had no intention of including you in that thought.

Also - the value of vitamins in beer is somewhat contested - but even if the alcohol does not totally negate their value, claiming that beer is "healthy" because of vitamins is quite a stretch.   It may or may not have other value. 

By the way:  Your hubs are much better written than your comments and forum posts - I assume that you either spend more time at those or have someone help you - either way, I think you are in little danger of being seen as anything but excellent.  I don't think you need concern yourself with worrying over that.

1. Aficionada profile image78
        Aficionadaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The part that confuses me is what kills the vitamins in the first place?  I know that it's an assumption on my part, but since wine is made from grapes, which contain vitamins, it seems you are saying there is something in the fermentation or production process that destroys them.  If so, what is it that does that?

You can see that I don't actually know anything about wine production!  But to me it is not an unrealistic idea to think that wine could contain vitamins naturally.  Why doesn't it?

1. profile image0

Pcunix has been talking about liquor, which - unlike wine and beer - is a distilled product.

The terminology is mixed, both in the original Hub (26 references to "wine" in the Hub and the comments) and in this thread, as you can see in the post where you quoted the OP's comment.

In her first comment on the Hub, she mentioned "liquor," but PCunix's response mentioned "alcohol" (which includes wine and beer). Her response to him then narrowed the discussion primarily to wine.

Many definitions of "liquor" that I have found in various places have said that it is an alcoholic drink "usually" or "especially" - but not "exclusively" or "always" - one produced by distillation rather than fermentation.  Some sources do make the claim of exclusivity.

Since PCunix did not bother pointing out the distinction on the original Hub, it seems to me that he is comfortable with the more generic meaning of "liquor" as being relatively synonymous with "alcohol."

More to the point, I think using any supposed vitamin value as an excuse for drinking is silly at best.

Sure, if that is the reason for it.  As a collateral benefit to a social practice, the argument might be different.

2. Pcunix profile image91

It isn't that they get killed - it's said that the alcohol interferes with the uptake - the "bioavailability".

This clarification helps, and it also explains why adding vitamins to alcoholic beverages might not seem like idiocy to some; that is, if more vitamins are present, more are available for uptake, even if that is limited because of the alcoholic content.

I'll disagree smile

smile Disagree with their reasoning? smile Or disagree with my statement that "it also explains why adding vitamins to alcoholic beverages might not seem like idiocy to some"? smile Let's be specific now, lol! lol

I'll disagree that it isn't idiocy and I woud also like to buy a vowel.. smile

29. A Troubled Man profile image57
    A Troubled Manposted 12 years ago

I'm only here to tell you your opinion. smile

30. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 12 years ago

How did the thread get from arrogance and rudeness to liquor?  Not meaning to be arrogant or rude, just laughing a bit at the evolution of the comments. Although I guess there might be a connection in some situations . . .

There is. big_smile

2. profile image0

It was, implicitly, always about that since that was the topic of the hub that primarily motivated the forum thread to be started.

31. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 12 years ago

Gotcha. Guess I need to go read that hub. Thanks!

1. profile image0

You're welcome. Enjoy!

32. Enelle Lamb profile image73
    Enelle Lambposted 12 years ago

One of the nice features on hubs is that you can delete the comments you don't want published big_smile I found this tool to be very useful when people "hijacked" the comments section, or published rude, unreasonable or unrelated comments...you are the author and have every right to decide what kind of comments you want published on your hub.
    Besides, it's a great way to have the last word LOL

33. profile image56
    SanXuaryposted 12 years ago

I have no problem being called anything if it has any thing intelligent to offer. I see way to many comments that offer nothing, but I also find plenty of writers who offer just as much. I try to approach all my writings to the entire audience and not a select group. A lot of these hubs are personal comments and agendas and so they become personal for the writer. Its what we call selective writing with a closed mind and anyone who disagrees does not get an intelligent argument only a dumb comment.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)