Ads Disabled because I wrote an article critical of the Gay Agenda

Jump to Last Post 51-65 of 65 discussions (708 posts)
  1. Sychophantastic profile image85
    Sychophantasticposted 4 years ago

So, first of all, why do we all waste so much of our time trying to "convert" people who are less intelligent than we are? In other words, why are those people who are scientifically literate and well-educated spend their time or even feel compelled to spend their time attempting to explain the definition of intelligence to stupid people? If somebody doesn't have the basic intellectual foundation to understand certain things, it's highly unlikely that any of us are going to illuminate them in a forum of this kind, yet we feel compelled to do so. Why? I am guilty of this.

To perhaps answer that question, I would also suggest that we are struggling with a much larger problem and that's the intellectual disintegration of America. People who toss the Bible out as authority on all things moral and scientific tend to be people who believe and do things like the following:

1. Deny that evolution is a valid scientific theory.
    2. Support discrimination against all kinds of groups of people.
    3. Support teaching creationism in public schools.
    4. Change textbooks in public schools by eliminating science.

I could come up with a bunch of others of a more political nature, but I'll refrain. Are we so compelled by Biblical idiocy that we feel like we're fighting a battle for the soul of our country? I know there's a place for people of faith in the scientific community and the two can co-exist. Not sure the opposite is true.

What do we call a person who sincerely believes the Earth is 6000 years old? Dangerous? Stupid? Moronic? Insane?

1. cfin profile image72
      cfinposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Because, those stupid people are running around trying to spread hate in the world and effecting peoples lives.

I agree though that you can't fix stupid. But you can show their victims that we are here. We, the people who stick up for them. The world is changing and we are willing to speak out against bullies and bigots. Let the bullies know it's not ok anymore and we have put this bully in her place. For the 1st time in history, the intelligent people of the world are telling the tyrants that enough is enough. Intelligence rules the world now. Not tyranny and stupidity, not fear mongering nor hate.

People like that can now crawl back into the hole that they came out of because the Volksgeist has rejected them for good reason. Not because of the color of their skin, or their orientation, nor the amount of money they have in their pockets. But simply because of who they are as an individual and the harm they wish to bring to others.

1. JMcFarland profile image86
        JMcFarlandposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I completely agree.   Religion,  Christianity especially,  has been forced to evolve or die multiple times,  and it's happening again.   Eventually the fundamentalists will die off,  but they need to recognize that they no longer have carte Blanche,  and that their views and across will be held accountable.

2. Joshua-C-Rarrick profile image46
      Joshua-C-Rarrickposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Youre wrong in your assumptions...
      I do not deny that evolution is a scientific theory...I deny that it is true. If you can teach evolution in the public school as a theory, why not creationism, which has been around much longer than evolution and has been much more widely accepted? Hmmmm you're a bit one sided there....both should be taught. I dont discriminate or support discrimination against anyone. I also dont know what you mean about Christians not teaching science. I work in a Christian school, and we teach science...in fact, I graduated a Christian school and tested in the 96th percentile in the nation on my SATs... So, I suggest you try to understand a bit more about Christians as a whole, rather than judging us by your own limited experience.

1. profile image0
        Rad Manposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you here. Both should be taught in school. Although evolution should be taught as a science and creationism should be taught as a theology.

1. profile image0
          Motown2Chitownposted 4 years agoin reply to this

You mean, since religion and science address two entirely separate questions?!?!?!?!  What a novel idea! smile

2. profile image0
          mbuggiehposted 4 years agoin reply to this

But---NO religion in public schools (First Amendment's freedom from religion/Establishment Clause) and so NO Creationism taught as theology, but as only---and VERY clearly as only, part of a larger curriculum of world religions.

Years ago I taught high school social studies---"Global Studies", and we did a unit on world religions that highlighted the basic beliefs of each religion. It would be appropriate, obviously, to include Christianity in such a unit if it was given the say treatment as all other world religions.

1. profile image0

If you want your kid's taught religion better put them in a private school. I'm not American, but here we have a secular public funded school system and a Catholic public funded school system. Because the Catholic system is public funded it's heavily regulated. My kids went through and one is still going through the Catholic system. (married a Catholic) Science was science, religion was religion. Kids are fine.

1. profile image0

And yes, as someone educated in Catholic schools (K through college) myself, I can attest to the fact that in Catholic schools religion is religion and science is science and they are not conflated in any way.

I can still recall the priests teaching us about evolution and the Big Bang and making it very clear that the Bible's "Creation" story was just that---a story; an allegory designed to offer some simple but definitely not historically accurate narrative of how we came to be.

I never met a priest (or nun) in a Catholic school---and I taught in Catholic schools for several years, who "believed" in (a) the Bible as a literal document or (b) in Creationism in any way.

2. wilderness profile image97
        wildernessposted 4 years agoin reply to this

If you were a teacher, then you have to understand the difference between science and religion.  Science (ALL the sciences) hypothesize and look for evidence to support that hypothesize.  Religion hypothesizes and declares it true because they like the sound of it.  Most definitely science does not declare an hypothesis true because people millennia ago thought it was.  Nor is it declared true because masses of people think it must be, without ever checking or even understanding the reasoning behind it.

The result, of course, is that religious teachings (creationism) does not belong in the science class.  Teach it in religion classes - fine, but keep it out of the sciences until it uses the scientific method of searching for knowledge.

1. profile image0

Wilderness:

After seeing the student paper that you posted, it is clear to me (at least) that there is NO science taught in some so-called "Christian" schools---at least nothing that you and I and other rational and educated people would understand as science.

I did a little searching on the web to see what Christians might be teaching in science class and found the following (among thousands of very similar examples):

https://answersingenesis.org/store/prod … u=40-1-323

1. wilderness profile image97

Form the complete description:

"Best of all, God’s Design textbooks help you teach science from a biblical, creationist perspective, emphasizing God’s handiwork in the world around us. Using the God’s Design curriculum from AiG will help strengthen your student’s faith by showing how science consistently supports the Bible’s written record. "

Translation: "We will teach your child to believe the myth by pretending the bible's written record is correct and slamming the children repeatedly with that pretense.

"Students will learn to think critically and logically examine arguments presented by all sides in the creation/evolution debate."

Translation: "Children will lose the ability to reason, accepting anything the priesthood tells them as absolute truth".

I do find it a little odd that a pair of electrical engineers find themselves qualified to write instructional texts on chemistry, physics, biology and cosmology.  Not only is that quite a spread of knowledge for anyone, it is far from their own field of study.

1. profile image0

Ha! I hear you.

One thing I saw on one of the Christian curriculum sites was a notation that "minimal teacher preparation was needed".

Gee...you think?

1. profile image0

Did it also say "minimum student thought needed"?

1. profile image0

I think that goes without saying...wink

2. wilderness profile image97

Judging from this and the test I posted previously, I fear that would scare off most students.  That much thought can be downright scary, particularly when parents comprehend that it might result in learning something.  That does not seem to be the objective here; rather a good case of brainwashing is.

3. gmwilliams profile image82
      gmwilliamsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000-what about ALL OF THE ABOVE.

2. Sychophantastic profile image85

Is it fair to say that those who use the Bible as the source of all their information are scientifically illiterate and tend to be mathematically illiterate as well?

If so, what do we do about that? Isn't that dangerous for us as a culture?

1. profile image0

I believe that science illiteracy coupled with the current trend toward science denial is a threat to our national security.

1. wilderness profile image97

Disagree.  While the incredible ignorance we see is there, it is also fairly rare.  Sure, people today don't understand the most basic things about everyday tools and articles they use (computers, microwaves, TV's, cars, etc.) they don't need to, either.  They hire someone else to use or fix them.

The near total science illiteracy, on the other hand, is not common.  Most people know stars are a long ways away, they know we came from a big bang, they know the earth is not flat and not the center of everything.  That small minority has a very loud voice, but aren't common enough to do any real damage to our country.

I hope.

1. profile image0

I hope you are right.

2. Joshua-C-Rarrick profile image46
          Joshua-C-Rarrickposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Minority? LOL Big Bang? Really? Seriously? 70% of the US claims to be Christian.. that would leave the other 30% a minority

1. Maffew James profile image92
            Maffew Jamesposted 4 years agoin reply to this

You do realize he was stating that the amount of people who have no knowledge of science are a minority? Not that Christians are a minority.

2. profile image0

And the largest single Christian denomination: ROMAN CATHOLICS...wink

But Catholics aren't Christians yikes

wink

2. profile image0

wink

3. profile image0

I'm a Christian, and a Catholic. Well, I WAS, until you informed me otherwise. I'll let Jesus know I've never really believed in him after all. I'm sure your mansion in Heaven will be much larger for having corrected that misconception for me. wink

1. cfin profile image72

Awesome! See you in hell I guess!

"In heaven, all the interesting people are missing" - Nietzsche

2. profile image0

I'd guess we're more likely to connect in Purgatory! wink

2. gmwilliams profile image82

Such people fortunately are in the VERY, VERY SMALL minority.  They WILL die out.   People who have atavistic views in this postmodern society are OUTNUMBERED.   Besides that, they do not have the psychointellectual life skills to navigate this increasingly, complex postmodern society so they will retreat from this society, creating their own universe.    However if such people have children, it will be
      QUITE UNFORTUNATE for the children involved.  These children will grow up in a stultified, quite insular atmosphere but if they aren't completely brainwashed and are psychologically savvy enough, they will eventually rebel against such atavistic thinking and believing parents.

3. gmwilliams profile image82
    gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago

Let me add that it is HIGHLY IMPERATIVE that America become more scientifically literate if she wishes to compete with nations who possess an extremely proficient degree of scientific, technological, and mathemathical literacy.   America must learn to fully embrace science and discard her subconsciously fear of fully exploring, utlilizing, and realizing her scientific potential.  This is the 21st century and intelligent design and creationism is taught in schools.  Totally unbelievable, such things are the height of cultural regression.   Discard these outmoded religious precepts and be attuned to this modern era.  Had better if America wishes to fully thrive scientifically.

4. Sassy Diva profile image76
    Sassy Divaposted 4 years ago

I think that it is important to respect others and their beliefs. If an article is written, it should be written The hubber should write a small passage explaining that the articles content is not in any way meant to offend any particular audience. On the other hand Hubpages Should present in writing articles that are permitted in each hub. I don't feel that hubpages is discriminating. But I do feel that they have to protect their audience, themselves, and the hubber from any legal issues or law suits. You can always rewrite your hub and submit it again and change your wording. Atleast this is my opinion. I love writing on hubpages. I think that they are not trying to offend you, but are rather taking precaution to protect you.

5. profile image0
    mbuggiehposted 4 years ago

Brie: Why did you censor my comments (by not "approving" them) about your comments equating homosexuality to pedophilia?

1. Brie Hoffman profile image64
      Brie Hoffmanposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Because you purposely misconstrue what I said..so I am done with you.

2. gmwilliams profile image82

Because she has a particular mindview regarding the subject and anyone who disagrees with that viewpoint WON'T be heard, pure and SIMPLE.

1. profile image0

Exactly...and anyone who calls her out on things---including her veiled efforts to conflate pedophilia and homosexuality.

But, we should expect this. After all, religion depends on the censorship of all competing ideas.

6. Joshua-C-Rarrick profile image46
    Joshua-C-Rarrickposted 4 years ago

Yeah, I am done with this thread. I have yet to bash gay people, or make fun of scientifically minded people or call them names or act as if they are inferior...yet the supposed "scholars" here seem to enjoy making Christians seem stupid... If you want to debate, try not doing it in the manner a 5 year old child takes on the pre-school playground crowd. Grow up and talk facts....buh bye

1. Zelkiiro profile image94
      Zelkiiroposted 4 years agoin reply to this

>complains about insults being hurled
      >hurls insults

The dictionary defines "hypocrite" as...

1. gmwilliams profile image82

Ah ha.........isn't it quite interesting, Zelkiiro.  The human mindset, really mindboggling, isn't it!

2. Susana S profile image98
        Susana Sposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Looks kinda like ......

this!

https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t1.0-9/10478241_10152092790006863_1360289828996265326_n.jpg

1. profile image0

Definitely.

2. JMcFarland profile image86

it also looks like this:

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/9038917_f248.jpg

3. Cardisa profile image90
          Cardisaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Love the memes here...lol lol

I'm a Christian and I don't claim to know the bible throughout. But what little I do gather is that "God is love" and if He is love, He loves all creatures, great or small. He loves all people and he didn't create mankind to be separated from each other. We are all one family. This hate and revile against homosexuals is not God's way.

When it comes to the nitty-gritty of things, it's what's in our hearts and how we treat our neighbors, that's important. By neighbors, I mean all mankind.

The other person's sexual preference pales in comparison to the compassion we should show each other. Our love and concern for the other person should not be about who sleeps with whom but about how that person copes with life.

When last have we asked someone else, how they are dealing with a family crisis, or if they are eating well? When last have we just offered someone else an ear or shoulder to cry on.  Instead of dwelling on sexuality why not dwell on people in general? We would be much better off.

1. profile image0

You continue to touch my heart every day! You are a beautiful person!

1. Cardisa profile image90
              Cardisaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Michele. What the bible doesn't teach the holyghost does. You can know the bible from start to finish but without that spirit inside that guides you, you will go about your faith all wrong.

There must be something within us that guides us along the right path and that thing is our compass. You don't have to know every scripture to be holy.

I want to let everyone here know that religion was created by man. The only requirement is that man be holy. Being holy requires certain principles which the bible teaches, but God did NOT create religion and if we depend on religion we are going fail. I call myself a Christian because I believe in the Christ and I believe there is ONE God, but I don;t preach religion because every religion has one thing in common, they all have one deity they worship.

God only requires us to be holy, he did not require mankind to be separated by religion , race or sexuality. If we live holy, then everything else will fall into place. We wouldn't be having this discussion as to who is a Christian or not. Religious history wont save you, holiness will.

3. profile image0

Exactly...total hypocrites.

2. profile image0

Would you like some accolade for not "bashing" gay people? You make it sound as if you are heroic or gracious for not "bashing" a particular group of people.

As for facts:

We are talking facts, but facts mean absolutely zero to people's who allow themselves to be controlled by a total work of fiction; a collection of made-man allegories and myths about a mythical being and his mythical allies and enemies; a collection of allegories and myths edited and changed over time to serve the political and secular ambitions rooted in a quest for power, control, authority.

1. Justin Earick profile image84
        Justin Earickposted 4 years agoin reply to this

It's not based in myth, it's simply telling the story of the the sun and the solstices, and the procession of the equinoxes more largely, as with many other ancient Mesopotamian belief systems.
        The rest is mostly rules are to keep people in line. The idea of the afterlife is the carrot to keep people following those rules and keep people (slaves, poor people) from standing up for themselves by giving them the idea that they have an eternity of rewards, just not in this lifetime; and the afterlife is the stick to keep people afraid of hell and subservient to the church who cherry-picks as they go based upon modern interpretation of ancient texts.

3. JMcFarland profile image86

If you want to debate, try learning the rules and logical fallacies before making an attempt, and you may be taken more seriously.  Just sayin'.

4. profile image0

Ha, he says he has insulted no one and them says we are a bunch of 5 year olds in playgrounds. LOL

7. Joshua-C-Rarrick profile image46
    Joshua-C-Rarrickposted 4 years ago

Wow, that is one of the most hateful comics I have EVER seen. True Christianity is nothing like that at all. In fact, this makes me sick at my stomach. I have always been taught that we love people, no matter what their standing in life. I do NOT have to condone someone's actions to care about them. On the flip side, stating that I think someone's actions are wrong or immoral, does NOT constitute a hate speech. For me to say that Timothy McVeigh committed a heinous act in blowing up the federal building in Oklahoma City does not mean I hate him. I still didn't want to see his life snuffed out. For me to say I strongly disagree with the homosexual lifestyle and I believe it to be immoral, is not a hate speech. I simply disagree with the actions surrounding that lifestyle. I am sorry this is your view of Christianity Susana, and I truly hope you meet some real Christians very soon who can show you the truth of the Bible. Christ never condemned a person, but he never condoned their sin either... He told them to go and sin no more. His heart was full of compassion, Ours should be as well.

I"m sorry, but weren't you done with this thread?  Didn't you just write a whole post about it?  And yet you're here?

2. Brie Hoffman profile image64

Joshua, it doesn't benefit their agenda to understand or believe you..therefore they choose to see disagreement as hate because that is what furthers their agenda and their own hatred.  It gives them justification in their hatred of us.  It's like when the Nazi's told themselves that the Jews were evil.  They did this to appease their conscience..it's the same exact thing.

1. AshtonFirefly profile image78
        AshtonFireflyposted 4 years agoin reply to this

That's what most atheists say about Christians too.

Guess it depends on what side of the fence you're looking at it...

Just a thought. I'm not atheist, so...

Another assertion that you can neither demonstrate or prove.  I'm starting to think that is all you're capable of,  which is the opposite of evidence and logic.   Thanks once again for admitting it.

Do you really think that just saying something is fact makes it fact,  and that everyone should just accept whatever you say?   While asking for evidence from anyone who disagrees with you that you dismiss out of hand?   It's nothing more than a hypocritical double standard to mask the fact that you absolutely cannot price what you say is true,  you're completely uninformed on history,  science and even the history of your own religion,  and you just want to be believed in principle.   Sorry,  reality does not work that way.   You don't work that way for anything but your religious bias.

3. profile image0

Brie:

Why are you so focused on homosexuality?

You've excused away every other possible admonition and prohibition from the Bible as either not applicable in the present or as applicable only to Jews.

So...again, why are you so focused on homosexuality?

Why are homosexuals so focused on Christians?  My article was about homosexuals forcing their views on Christians not the other way around!  I don't see them taking Muslims to court or going to a Muslim bakery to ask them to bake a wedding cake..HMMM I wonder why!

Homosexuals are focused on Christians only when Christians try to force them to behave the way they think a Christian would act. In other words, when Christians try to get homosexuality banned. I have never met a gay or lesbian person who doesn't like Christians for what they believe. It's if they try to impose those religious beliefs in a legal system.

Show me one case where Christians tried to get homosexuality banned that didn't involve children?

Um.. people picketing and sending petitions to the government to ban homosexual marriage because marriage was supposed to be between " a man and woman?"  On those grounds ONLY? No mention of children. You've never seen this happen in your own community? Or in the entire US? I know you're not a fan of watching the news (according to your hubs, and I don't blame you there) but that can be seen without the news or any medium. No Christian I have ever spoken with on this planet opposes it on the grounds of strictly whether it will benefit children or not.

So if Christians argue that it's for the welfare of children, then it's ok? Remember, that's still an imposition of CHRISTIAN views of how children should be raised, so it really just an extension of what I was saying...nobody has a legal right to tell another person how to raise their kids.

That is being against gay marriage not homosexuality.

That's just it. You've proven my point. Most homosexual people don't give a damn how you think unless you're infringing on their legal rights. Therefore, this is the only situation in which a homosexual person would get upset with a Christian person on their opinion about homosexuality. That's the only venue in which their legal rights can be exercised. Most homosexuals I know, as I already previously stated and which you ignored, do NOT care what Christians say as long as their rights are not violated. 
                      Christians are attacking and attempting to condemn homosexuals publicly on the basis of the fact that marriage (and sex) should be experienced between a man and a woman. If you are not aware that Christians do this on a regular basis, you are not aware of the world you live in. Christians want homosexuality eradicated from even being recognized at all, not just in marriage.
                      You also did not address my question about the children being involved.

2. profile image0

Sodomy laws---applicable to same-sex partners only, on the books in many states until the Supreme Court overturned the ban on sodomy with Lawrence v. Texas in 2003. Assorted laws criminalizing homosexual acts on the books in all 50 states at one time or another. Current efforts to reintroduce sodomy laws---particularly targeting same-sex couples.

3. profile image0

Brie:

Are you telling me that as long as homosexuality does not "involve" children, then Christians are fine with it and will accept it on par with heterosexuality including accepting same-sex marriage?

Further more, since my wife and me ARE legally married and recognized by the federal government,  I suppose that the accusation of fornication no longer apply.

1. profile image0

I posted a comment that I was legally married (and had been for some time) so none of that "fornication" stuff applied, but Brie chose not to approve it for publication here.

No, because gay marriage is not the same thing as homosexuality.  Fornication is a sin as is homosexuality but as long as Christians are not forced to accept it, most Christians just treat is like any other sin.  It's only when it is being forced onto us ..to accept it as a legitimate life-style that we oppose it.

But no one is forcing you to accept it.   My marriage does not impact you whatsoever.   If a Christian illegally discriminated against a gay couple,  they have to answer to the legal authorities.

2. profile image0

Brie:

How does same-sex marriage personally affect you? Forget the stop sin/sinners from sinning crap--because you let all sorts of sin/sinners continue unchecked.

Just  one simple question:

Why so obsessed with homosexuality?

3. profile image0

Brie:

So same-sex marriage is a buy one/get one free sin (2 sins in 1) OR is same-sex marriage okay if the partners promise to be celibate?

If Christians were not illegally discriminating against a legally protected minority,  there would be no lawsuits.   It seems simple to me.

3. AshtonFirefly profile image78

Maybe Muslims don't try to impose on their legal rights.

4. profile image0

Could it be because you will not relent in your efforts to hurt us? To destroy our lives and careers? Our families?

Could it be because you won't stop trying to us the US government to deny us our "inalienable right" to life, liberty, and happiness?

Could it be because you tell lies about us and claim that we are pedophiles?

Want more examples?

2. MelissaBarrett profile image60
          MelissaBarrettposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Because if she said all people who ate shellfish were going to hell, this thread would have been 4 posts long.

1. peeples profile image92
            peeplesposted 4 years agoin reply to this

lol

2. profile image0

True...and I am allergic to shellfish, but gay, so then what?

1. MelissaBarrett profile image60
              MelissaBarrettposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Bah, it's sort of a pick your battle kind of thing. No need to waste energy on fighting those who have no power to influence anything just because they disagree with you. The world is full of people that disagree.

Why argue with an internet full of people whose opinions... honestly... affect nothing?

1. profile image0

I hear you...good point!

4. Maffew James profile image92

Funny that you would liken anyone who supports equality to Nazis, who sought to eliminate people who were different. Pretty sure, you fit the ideals of a Nazi better than your opposition does.

Also, you might find it interesting to note that Adolf Hitler was a Christian, and he thought he was doing God's work:

"My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison. To-day, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before the fact that it was for this that He had to shed His blood upon the Cross. As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice... And if there is anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly it is the distress that daily grows. For as a Christian I have also a duty to my own people."

1. profile image0

Well...before that Brie and her allies were conflating gays and supporters of equality with pedophiles---or at least with supporters of pedophiles.

It wasn't long before the Nazi analogy was deployed. After all, it is in the great big book of talking points from the Christian right...wink

It probably won't be much longer until her slippery slope arguments turn to polygamy and bestiality.

1. profile image0

Yes---exactly. Not sure why we haven't gotten there yet.

8. Lawrence David profile image60
    Lawrence Davidposted 4 years ago

Isn't it fascinating how people use the Holy Bible as a weapon against their own private beliefs.  All too frequently, particular passages in the "Good Book," are distorted and twisted into someone's belief in what is called "Abominations."  Since we all seem to have a computer, perhaps going to your own search engine and type in "Bible Abominations," some of these individuals will discover themselves as sinners as well.  I find it strange that religious leaders and Sunday Morning Hypocrites as well, will blast out one passage against others.  I must tell them to Keep Reading.  I, for one, decided upon a whim, to go on line and query abominations in the bible.  Somehow, I came up with approximately 70 plus abominations listed.  If they were not going against "sex," they were going against pigs and mice as consumables.  Perhaps these same I even went to the book of "Leviticus" and discovered that it was approved for man-kind to eat fish that had scales, but it was an abomination to consume shell fish in any form.  HELLO!!! says: Leviticus 11:9-12
    9 These shall ye eat of all that are in the waters: whatsoever hath fins and scales in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, them shall ye eat.
    10 And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you:
    11 They shall be even an abomination unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, but ye shall have their carcases in abomination.
    12 Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that shall be an abomination unto you.
    Deuteronomy 14:9-10 says:
    9 These ye shall eat of all that are in the waters: all that have fins and scales shall ye eat:
    10 And whatsoever hath not fins and scales ye may not eat; it is unclean unto you.

1. profile image0

I have a friend who says pork is bad for her particular body and of course that of her families as well, but bacon is of course different. Bacon is good for her and she puts it on everything including her veggie burger . LOL.

9. Sychophantastic profile image85

Killing the Jews was "truth" for the Nazis. I'm sure they would be horrified at your attack of them.

10. Maffew James profile image92
    Maffew Jamesposted 4 years ago

Turns out the Earth is flat after all:

"Isaiah 11:12 : And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the Earth.

Revelation 7:1 : And after these things I saw four angels standing on four corners of the Earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.

Job 38:13 : That it might take hold of the ends of the Earth, that the wicked might be shaken out of it?

Jeremiah 16:19 : O LORD, my strength, and my fortress, and my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come unto thee from the ends of the earth, and shall say, Surely our fathers have inherited lies, vanity, and things wherein there is no profit."

Spheres don't have corners or faces. God says the Earth is flat. Science has proven it is spherical. Thus, given that God knows everything and cannot make a mistake according to the bible, he would know that the Earth is not flat. Ergo, God does not exist.

Also, from Genesis 1:16 : "And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also."

The reason the moon shines at night is because it reflects the sun. The sun itself could be considered a light because it emits electromagnetic radiation in the visible spectrum, thus creating actual light. The moon is a satellite and doesn't emit visible light of its own, yet God says it is a light just like the Sun. Once more, God would know that the moon isn't a 'light', and he does not make mistakes. Ergo, God does not exist.

11. Zelkiiro profile image94
    Zelkiiroposted 4 years ago

Here's an interesting tidbit for all you Creationists out in the audience:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9hs3Y1 … p;t=23m59s

I got five minutes in. I couldn't watch the rest. It was too painful.

My disclaimer: Not all creationists are like this, granted; and every person can exhibit this much lack of logic.

I love how they're saying: It's never been proven. It can't be fact!

Then I began talking to my computer:
      "So...we replace it with something else YOU think is fact? Even if evolution WAS wrong, that doesn't make creationism right. Y U NO UNDERSTAND?"

*facepalm* Ok I'm done.

2. cfin profile image72

Creationists: Because evolution doesn't exist. That's why dog's, who one man can cause to evolve across multiple generations of breeding and atmospheric influence....yup....they don't exist. Your dog is a figment of your imagination.

All animals are bred within their own kind, never is something bred outside of their kind.  Sigh...

Define "kind".  Then define species,  please.

In the Bible "KIND" is used to refer to any GROUP of living things capable of reproducing together - producing other offspring that are themselves the same kind.
            Canines are an excellent example. We would never imagine that all the different breeds of domesticated dogs are different species. And we would never imagine that all the different breeds of dog are anything but dogs. We would all agree, I think, that BREED does not equal kind.
            Yet within the dog category there are numerous WILD canines that are categorized each as a distinct species. All of these are capable of reproducing together, so even though science calls them species, they are nonetheless the same biblical KIND.
            Canines include domesticated dogs (100s of breeds), wild dogs, dingos, jackals, foxes, wolves, and coyotes, as well as other extinct and extant dog-like species. Generally speaking, all of these breeds and species are part of a single kind - the dog.
            Canines include many breeds, many species, and are all included within a larger category of taxonomy called the canidae family or the sub-family:caninae, or to narrow the classification more distinctly, the genus canis, which includes dogs, wolves, coyotes, and jackals. Then within these wide classifications are a hundred or more species.
            Any distinct species which are capable of reproducing together are NOT different biblical kinds. They are the same kind. Furthermore, if it can be shown by migration patterns, by history, by DNA, or other possible factors that a species is related to another species (even if they can no longer reproduce together) they are still the same kind. They are divergent offspring with the same ark ancestor.
            Kind is not equal to species. Kind is a wider classification, closer to genus or family or sub-family

I fail to see how this is relevant. No, a dog can't breed with a cat for example, that's common sense. Dogs and cats did however, descend from a common ancestor.

Creationists like to say that evolution doesn't make sense because something can't just randomly change into something else. This isn't how it works though. The domestic dog evolved from wolves. You can see the same process in experimentation with domesticating the red fox. Through artificial selection, researchers in Russia took foxes that had traits amenable to domestication, and selectively bred that line until they had a domesticated fox carrying preferable genes that make it more hospitable towards humans like a dog is. The domestic foxes they've produced act more like dogs, carrying their tail low and seeking affection, which wild foxes don't do. Their ears are even folded like a domestic dog. This is an example of evolution that is artificially driven.

Natural selection is the same process, but driven by survivability. It can be easily explained by looking at something like sickle cell anemia. Because malaria had no treatment for a long time, and humans with sickle cell anemia have a higher resistance to malaria, whilst malaria was killing off humans with normal red blood cells that were more susceptible to infection, humans with sickle cell anemia were more likely to live on. That's one of the reasons why a larger population of people have the condition today. More people with sickle cell anemia were able to survive malaria, compared to those without the condition.

Then you have bacteria where you can see natural evolution taking place because they divide so quickly. Where else do you think antibiotics came from? The bacteria and fungi that can produce antibiotics are able to kill off their competitors. Whilst other species of bacteria are killed off by competitors, the antibiotic producers live on, becoming more widespread. In this same way, when humans attack bacterial infections with antibiotics, the bacteria that are susceptible die off, but those with mutations protecting them against the antibiotic live one. Kill off enough of the weaker variant, and before you know it, you have species like methicillin resistant staph. There's even documented evidence that bacteria can share genes with their own species, transferring them to another bacterium, or even to another species of bacteria, therefore creating a new 'animal' per se.

2. cfin profile image72

So you agree then Brie, that dogs evolve? As you just said they bred within their kind but they change.  All dogs came from wolves. Dingos, foxes and countless other species exist and all came from one background. It is undeniable!!
          "never is something bred outside of their kind" So the creation of the German shepherd from the wolf Brie? Please explain how that is possible?

There is variation within a kind but NO ONE KIND BECOMES ANOTHER as is taught by Darwinism.

Can you describe evolution please?

Macro-evolution refers to any evolutionary change at or above the level of species. It means at least the splitting of a species into two or the change of a species over time into another.

That's actually incorrect,  and that does not describe the actual theory of evolution.

2. Maffew James profile image92

Macro-evolution is just a term to explain lots of micro-evolution over time.

3. profile image0

Wrong Brie.

2. cfin profile image72

LOOK, what the bible says doesn't matter because we are speaking ENGLISH on an ENGLISH site and you are referencing a book that has been translated more times than we can count and most meaning has been lost.

NOW you are quoting Darwin even though you just discredited science. So stupid!! DOGS EVOLVE!! End of story. They grew  larger ears, change color, change size, change their skull shape, eyes, eye sight, even lose their tails or hair. Go throw your nonsense at someone else. I'm done trying to even comprehend how someone can be so illogical and brainwashed.

1. profile image60
                retief2000posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Dogs are a product of selective breeding. All dog forms are a consequence of that selective breeding. There is only one species of dog and they are so close to wolves as to reliably breed with them. There is little genetic difference from one dog to the next, despite their external appearance their genes have not evolved to produce a new species.

Yes, to breed a new variant of the dog, you take a dog with traits you like, and concentrate those traits by breeding similar dogs together until you have a new variant that is carrying the desired traits and can reliably pass them down every time it repoduces.

Foxes and dogs are an example of evolution from wolves as a common ancestor. That's evolution.

1. profile image60
                    retief2000posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Dogs cannot reliably pass down a trait unless bred with a similar dog. If you breed a Great Dane and a German Shepherd Dog you will have neither a Great Dane nor a German Shepherd Dog, you will have something entirely different. They are both simply dogs and can easily breed with wolves.

Wolves are not really an ancestor, as one might think. The donkey and the horse have an ancient ancestor but are of distant enough relations that they do not produce breed-able off spring. This in not the case with dogs and wolves. Dogs are not a product of evolution. They are wolves shaped by the desires of men to perform certain tasks or to possess certain traits. That is not evolution.

I have no objection to evolution, though I think it is still a sketchy and incomplete idea. It is using dogs as an example that is flawed.

3. Maffew James profile image92

Brie, I would suggest you look up horizontal gene transfer. Bacteria can transfer genes to members of their own species or to other species without reproduction.

http://www.sci.sdsu.edu/~smaloy/Microbi … hange.html

1. cfin profile image72

Maffew, she will say this is a lie as she interprets the bible as saying it's a lie. She is arguing a point by backing up her conclusion with it's own conclusions. i.e the car is invisible because I say it is. If you can see it, then you have magic goggles on because the car is invisible. Why? Because a book said so. Because the book is magic!! That's why!

There is NO EVIDENCE for macro-evolution..it must be believed on..just like any religion.

What part of MACRO don't you understand?

The part where it applies to your argument. Because it doesn't. I just said before, MACRO-EVOLUTION is ONLY a WORD, used to describe lots of MICRO-EVOLUTION over time.

Which means..it cannot be scientifically proven and must be taken as true based on faith.

2. cfin profile image72

Brie, your very condescending for a person with such a low level of education, or education based on fact and recognized as education in the western world at least.

I have a college degree and used to teach high school.  I'm sorry I have a low tolerance for fools.

12. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 4 years ago

Being against gay marriage = wanting gay couples to  have less rights than straight couples = being anti-homosexual.

EXACTLY.

13. Sychophantastic profile image85

You guys can argue about creationism and evolution all you want, just make sure you leave the Nazis out of it. They claimed to know the truth, so I don't see why we should criticize their truth. And they had a book of facts to back it up.

14. Sychophantastic profile image85

Evolution is a scientific fact. I think you're just talking about the idea that humans evolved from apes. Otherwise, you don't understand evolution at all and you might as be using the word "junknuts".

I'd like to go back to the original question. So, Brie, if these Christian businesses were discriminating against black people and the black people tried to shut them down, would there be anything wrong with that?

15. Sychophantastic profile image85

Scientists have observed organisms evolving more times than anyone can count. The statement that evolution cannot be proved scientifically is a statement of pure idiocy.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)