Trump throws paper towels in PR? You've got to be joking

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (74 posts)
  1. Credence2 profile image78
    Credence2posted 6 years ago

No reprieve for you this time, Trump fans. Is he merely mocking the residents of Puerto Rico? Is it a publicity stunt? If it is, it is in poor taste.

He needs to spend more time and resources with viable Presidential response to this crisis.

Cmon folks, why do anything so irrationally calloused and stupid? There is something wrong with this guy and instead of blaming the press coverage, he needs to visit a psychiatrist's couch. As usual, he asked for it.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol … 729059001/

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 6 years agoin reply to this

From your link:

"...Trump cast rolls of paper towels into the eager arms of delighted Puerto Ricans on Tuesday."

"At the island's Calvary Chapel, enthusiastic residents reached for the paper towels"

"...the president was cheered amid signs that read "Proud Americans," "God Bless You Mr. President" and "Let's Make Puerto Rico Great Again."

It would that there was far more going on than you would have us believe.  Are you ashamed for trying to turn what appears to be a very enthusiastic response into just another negative spin about our President from another disgruntled voter with TDS?

1. IslandBites profile image89
        IslandBitesposted 6 years agoin reply to this

A small group selected days before to be there.

No doubt.  Surely we know that for a fact.  Names, credit card numbers (to buy air flights), voice recordings of hiring them, flight numbers, telephone logs of the conspiracy, etc.  No doubt at all, is there - it is absolute hard, true fact.

Or, just maybe, it's a gut reaction from Trumpaphobes desperate to discredit anything he does.

Air flights? Credit cards? SMH

For someone who knows so much about politics you seem conveniently oblivious when it comes to Trump.

Btw, I live here in PR so I know what I'm talking about. (And just so you know, it's not a secret yikes yikes yikes )

Then YOU have those air tickets!  Or, if they were already in PR, at least recordings of them being hired for such an onerous duty, along with their names and such.  Get that proof to the media!

(When you make conspiracy claims you should be prepared to back them up with something more than "I live here in PR so I know what I'm talking about.")

(Do you really think only hired people would show up?)

Conspiracy? <snipped>

You can search for Angel Perez interviews about Trump visit if thats a surprise to you. Like I said, thats no secret.

No proof, then.  Outrage at being asked for it, yes, but no proof.

Good enough - I don't have time for people that make crazy claims but then can't back them up, either.  Saw a claim today that a majority of Muslims approve of homosexuality (got the same response, too - a request for proof) - this isn't much different.

2. colorfulone profile image77
        colorfuloneposted 6 years agoin reply to this

TDS?  I guess so!
        A sense of humors is better, it is helpful on humors threads like this.

I take it is a humorous thread.  Cred had to be kidding!
        "You've got to be joking."

3. Marisa Wright profile image86
        Marisa Wrightposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Did you see the TV footage?

2. colorfulone profile image77
    colorfuloneposted 6 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13727962.jpg

1. colorfulone profile image77

I like that time Obama Kicked A Door Open!  He knew how to leave the stage with class! 
      *   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3SFXQfE4kk

1. profile image0
        PrettyPantherposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I know you don't care if what you share is true, but in case anyone out there does, here is a video comparing the fake one with the original. You guessed it, Obama did not kick down the door.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SKRuyjJxqv8

1. Aime F profile image70
          Aime Fposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I automatically assume everything colorfulone links to is a load of cow poo but thanks for clarifying so that anyone not familiar with her can get the picture.

1. profile image0

You're welcome. I used to assume that most people are savvy enough to smell the excrement, but experience has taught me there are a lot of defective noses out there. big_smile

3. profile image0
    PrettyPantherposted 6 years ago

On election day, I echoed many who said "Out with the class; in with the crass."

He proves it almost every day, as do his supporters.

4. Aime F profile image70
    Aime Fposted 6 years ago

He looks like he’s tossing t-shirts to kids at a hockey game. Such a weird dude. It’s been painfully obvious for a while now that he struggles with appropriate interactions so it’s not at all surprising. He actually reminds me a lot of my grandpa shortly before he died, I was constantly apologizing to people for his borderline offensive comments and flippant behaviour in serious situations. Except he wasn’t the president, so you know, on a much smaller scale...

1. Marisa Wright profile image86

Exactly.  I don't blame Trump, I blame the spin doctors who thought that would be an appropriate publicitiy stunt.  How much difference will one roll of paper towel make?   He should've been supervising the distribution of palletloads of something useful.

But I do blame Trump for his speeches.  How disgraceful, to compare Puerto Rica's hurricane to Katrina and imply that they got off lightly.   And to tell them that they've stuffed up his budget.   And I didn't read about those, I saw the video footage, and I'm appalled at his heartlessness.  I know some have tried to say he was being humorous, but both statements were in really, really bad taste.

1. GA Anderson profile image90
        GA Andersonposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Damn Marisa, you beat me to the punch!

I wanted to point out that the real dummy was whichever staffer put those paper towels out there for him to throw. Surely reasonable folks aren't going to think Pres. Trump orchestrated that effort. Can you imagine him saying to his staffers - "Hey, put some paper towels out there for me to throw."

But, but, but, wait... please notice that none of that thought applies to the tone-deafness of him actually throwing the paper towels. An experienced politician would have known better.

GA

1. profile image0

A normal human being would have known better.

2. Misfit Chick profile image74
          Misfit Chickposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Totally agree. Sometimes, it really does seem like he has people close to him who are trying to set him up for backlash like this; or they are just plain inexperienced, themselves. If Trump wasn't so damn shallow to begin with, he could see how silly stuff like this makes him look. He probably shouldn't have surrounded himself with so many friends & family; and concentrated more on experience - since he didn't have much. It would have been a good idea.

1. Credence2 profile image78
            Credence2posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Neither am I a politician, but who does he surround himself with that allows him to embarrass himself like this? If Trump does not have the judgement to make a simple discernment in basic common sense, then may heaven help us survive the remainder of his term. If I were Trump, I would begin with a clean sweep of his current entourage.

An adolescent could do better!!

1. colorfulone profile image77

That's for sure.  Case in point, ... Cred.

2. wilderness profile image95

"He should've been supervising the distribution of palletloads of something useful."

Marisa, that is not the task of top management, whether government or private industry.  Trump's job is to provide money and manpower, not to be on the docks playing foreman of the work crew.  It isn't even his job to determine how many bottles of water or gallons of gas are shipped, no matter how much he's blamed for not shipping the "right" materials.

1. Marisa Wright profile image86

Of course I didn't mean he'd REALLY be managing the distribution!! What I meant was, how unpresidential is it to chuck paper towels at people?   How pathetic does it look?  Surely his team could have come up with something that made him look less ineffectual.

1. profile image0

I have a feeling that any photo op that doesn't include a muzzle is a potential land mine for this president. big_smile

2. Live to Learn profile image59
            Live to Learnposted 6 years agoin reply to this

It never ceases to amaze me the hoops we need to scramble to jump to complain about Trump.  Although I agree with PP's sentiment concerning our 'foot in mouth' commander in chief the left is doing a grand job of obfuscating their legitimate opposition to this man by complaining about the silliest and most mundane things. Complaining that  the man 'chucked paper towels' during the distribution of needed supplies to hurricane victims is about as nonsensical as the explanation why a librarian was justified in being offended by a gift of books from Melania Trump.

How does anyone honestly expect an adult to be offended by a guy 'chucking paper towels' to a crowd of people who need the paper towels?

1. profile image0

So you're not offended? That's fine. We already know the minimum standard for human decency  in a presidential candidate is abysmally low for a Trump voter.

We should not be surprised that they are not offended by pretty much anything he does as President.

Truthfully, in the videos I saw of the event the audience didn't seem offended either...  Only the liberals with TDS, back in the states, have claimed offense - seems their ability to empathize with others and look beyond surface impressions their own emotions create is abysmally low.

2. Live to Learn profile image59

Offended that the guy was passing out paper towels in a manner you found offensive? Should I be? I'm having difficulty finding rhyme or reason from the left these days. Sorry.

5. colorfulone profile image77
    colorfuloneposted 6 years ago

I'm glad our President is NOT a stupid politician.
    Notice the optics, optics are important.
    Duh.. Mayor NASTY!

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13728318.jpg
    A self fulfilling prophesy...right there.
    Liberalism disorder much?  TDS?

6. Kathleen Cochran profile image77
    Kathleen Cochranposted 6 years ago

I still can't believe my fellow citizens put him in this position.  What did they expect?

1. Live to Learn profile image59

What did they expect? A political future free of Hillary was enough for me. I just saw the latest Hillary excuses. Said women who didn't vote for her disrespected themselves. Just forget that the woman attempted to play the minority card to garner votes and is po'ed that it didn't work for her.

I'm afraid the fact that the left takes no responsibility for the outcome of the election is mind boggling.

+1
        It never was about getting Trump in the white house: it was about keeping that woman out of it.  And, for lots of people, making a statement that we're tired of the "same old, same old" in our government.  He really did hit a nerve with "clean up the swamp", for that's exactly how a very large number of people see that city.

I'm afraid he is proving himself to be a swamp rat himself. Or so it appears to me. But, all things considered, I believe he is less of a dangerous rat than Hillary would have proven to be.

Yes, but the hope was the he wouldn't be.  To think that Clinton wouldn't be is incomprehensible.  Absolutely he's less dangerous that she would have proven to be - there is no comparison.

I agree. I will say that I had no expectations of Trump cleaning up any swamp since I feel he has benefited from a lop sided system as much as any politician has.

A different system, but yes.  Personally my hopes for cleaning it up are based more on the clear statement made by voters than anything Trump can do.  Likely a forlorn hope, but perhaps repeated messages can help.

No. I wholeheartedly agree. We are seeing that the system cannot be fixed from the inside.

1. profile image0

The only way the system will be fixed is from the inside. We must get money out of politics and we must be educated, well informed voters. We are failing on both counts.

2. profile image0

You all fell for the long con and no one was more surprised than the,con man himself.  He just wanted a little money and more fame, but he got the presidency,  too

Well that's priceless since I think the Democratic party faithful have fallen for the longest con in history.

1. profile image0

Lol, I am sure you do.

Of course I do.  And I will say that this 'not my fault, not my problem' attitude is getting old. This is our country but, hey, don't take any responsibility and don't find common ground to create solutions. It's so much easier to not do anything but complain about things.

1. profile image0

Not do anything? I am politically active. I pick up the phone, go door to door, attend meetings. I serve on the planning commission.  I even ran for office. Why do you assume I do nothing but complain?

And here you are complaining that Hillary voters should take responsibility for the dumbass president. All you have to do is admit he was your choice and leave it at that, but you always try to shift responsibility to those who didn't even vote for him. His current behavior is just a continuation of the character he has always displayed. That is why it is not surprising that Trump voters are rarely offended by anything he does. You already showed you have a low standard for presidential conduct by voting for him in the first place.

2. profile image0

Yes, because somehow we are more responsible  for Trump being elected than those who took their pen and placed a mark beside Trump's name.

Hilarious!

PP, can you at the least admit that the candidate the DNC put forth (and the manner in which it was done) was so unpalatable to so many people as to help get Trump elected?

1. profile image0

I have stated multiple times Bernie was a better choice,  but I can guarantee you had she won I would have taken responsibility for the fact that she was elected by my vote and the votes of every Hillary  voter.

It is beyond absurd to blame anyone else but Trump voters for the fact that he was elected president.

Even if it turns out you were influenced by Russian fake news, you can only blame yourself for the choice you made.

Actually, had Hillary won I would have expected those who put Trump as the Republican candidate to take some responsibility for allowing a schmuck to be the Republican candidate.

1. profile image0

Yes, responsibility for a lousy candidate, but not responsibility for the election of the other candidate.

LOL. The two go hand in hand. When given an either or choice you do take some responsibility for making one of those choices unpalatable.

But hey. 'Not me, not me' is the mantra of the left. I get it.

1. profile image0

You're the one refusing to take full responsibility for your vote.

7. ptosis profile image68
    ptosisposted 6 years ago

Trump almost threw cans of chicken at hurricane victims.

After passing out bags of rice and hurling paper towels, Trump "contemplated" adding the cans of chicken into his hurling arsenal. The crowd, the Post noted, "gently told him no."

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13731587.jpg

1. profile image0

He is such a doofus.

8. ptosis profile image68
    ptosisposted 6 years ago

It is truly more and more difficult to 'stand by your vote' for 'Ol Bone Spurs.

Is it that certain voters will never admit that they could possibly have made a mistake? Dealing with people who will never admit they are wrong  .. and then blame others! Sounds a lot like Donnie. So perhaps the Drumpf voters saw a bit of themselves in General Incompetence?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pow … 171fcdd678

1) Trump is unserious about passing legislation.

2) Trump has alienated several Senate Republicans that he needs more than they need him.

3) Trump cares more about showmanship than statesmanship.

4) Trump still does not understand how government works.

5) The president’s credibility is shot in Washington.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13733671.jpg

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)