Who has the higher I.Q.: Donald Trump or Rex Tillerson?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (26 posts)
  1. crankalicious profile image88
    crankaliciousposted 6 years ago

Since this has become a topic of debate with the Secretary of State calling the President a "moron" and the President firing back that he would win a battle of I.Q.'s, who really is the smarter man?

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 6 years agoin reply to this

How can anyone make any kind of determination without testing both men?  Just throw numbers out, pretending that they mean something?

crankaliciousposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Well, President Trump seemed certain he would win. Usually, I think, one way to determine I.Q. is vocabulary. It's not entirely accurate, but usually the breadth of a person's vocabulary is an indicator of their I.Q.

Hmm.  That leaves out younger children, and I've met some kids that were incredibly smart.  Not knowledgeable - that takes time - but very, very smart.  I've also met people nearly illiterate that were smart as a whip.  Education isn't much of an indicator, either. 

Setting aside the few that are just lucky, would the ability to excel at things (outside physical activity) more than others do be an indicator of intelligence?  Maybe accumulating vast sums of money? big_smile

1. Aime F profile image70
            Aime Fposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Would that me more indicative of intelligence, or having rich parents who made your name worth something before you were even born? Hmm...

Having a name will not magically produce money.  Not in large (billions) quantities, anyway.

But just a thought in any case.  Does accomplishment far beyond the norm indicate intelligence?

1. profile image0
                promisemposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Actually, having a name does magically produce billions for children in the form of inheritance.

Note that Trump wants to kill the estate tax. His children will inherit his billions and save hundreds of millions in taxes (if Trump really is worth that much).

2. ptosis profile image67
        ptosisposted 6 years agoin reply to this

OK, but can tell at least one person is NOT a genius no matter what he thinks of himself.

Genius IQ

Anyone with a general IQ this high is undoubtedly a genius. From this range on, only specific high-range tests should be considered. You have the ability to think critically, conceptualize ideas and form your own conclusions. Your ability to think in patterns and to produce order out of chaos enables you to handle complexities and see logic in everything. Needless to say you are self-aware of your abilities and have the brains for all known occupations. If you think of intelligence as the ability to adapt easily to new situations then you are at the top of the charts.

None of that describes Ol Bone Spurs

2. profile image0

Tillerson is a moron for calling Trump a moron in a meeting with other people. Some people are smart in certain ways and really stupid in other ways.

It is hard to believe he would say that, especially given the number of leaks coming out of the White House these days.

1. profile image0

Yep, the leaks are just massive. I suspect Tillerson got away with talking like that at Exxon because he was CEO for many years and could say whatever he wanted. Now he has to watch everything he says.

If I'm reading my news correctly, Tillerson was exasperated because Trump had said that he wanted to increase our nuclear arsenal by a factor of 10 and had said some negative things about the State Department during a meeting with the State Dept. personnel. This, of course, makes Tillerson's job pretty hard and I bet he wasn't too happy about the damage control he had to do. Trump is like a tornado that just upends everything he touches or talks about.

2. profile image0
          PrettyPantherposted 6 years agoin reply to this

It seems that many people who wouldn't normally say things like that are saying things like that.  Trump brings out the worst in people.  He is not a leader; he is a bratty child driving his elders crazy.

3. Credence2 profile image78
      Credence2posted 6 years agoin reply to this

This is sort of dumb to begin with, if either Trump or Tillison want to impress me, they need to do their jobs with minimum screw up. As President, Trump should be taking the lead in tamping stufflike this down. This IQ thing is a wasteful diversion, besides Trump might be disappointed with his score. Then we will need a new test.

4. Sharlee01 profile image80
      Sharlee01posted 6 years agoin reply to this

In my opinion I think they are both well accomplished. Both have  headed up large companies, and were successful in doing so.  Rex, is certainly demure and sensible when speaking. He speaks his mind with a professional air.  However, after hearing him handle the press the other day, he clearly is a man that does not fall into any media traps. he was straight forward, and concise with his statements. Now, Trump, he is direct  blunt to how he sees a truth, and completely unfiltered. He does fall into the media traps. And banters with them.  It's  not a case of IQ, I think it's a case of personality differences. They most likely both have good IQ numbers.

5. profile image0
      PrettyPantherposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I have no idea who has the higher IQ.  One can have a very high IQ, but be so emotionally damaged that you use your intelligence in damaging ways that also appear to be stupid.  I think Trump might also be suffering some dementia, which only adds to the chaos in his mind.  His emotions and damaged psyche outweigh whatever intelligence might have originally been there.

Just my opinion, of course.

1. ptosis profile image67

Just observing Trump daily 'oops' demonstrates just how clueless this guy is.  Let's just pick a single episode yesterday. I know, I know, it is so hard to choose just one in the myriad of missteps....

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/13/politics/ … index.html

"I met with the President of the Virgin Islands."

Either he is talking to himself in third person or he is ignorant that he is the POTUS - which includes the Virgin Islands.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13740870.jpg

Professor Kelley told me 100 times over three decades that “Donald Trump was the dumbest goddam student I ever had.”  I remember his emphasis and inflection — it went like this — “Donald Trump was the dumbest goddam student I ever had.” 

Professor William T. Kelley taught Marketing at Wharton School of Business and Finance, University of Pennsylvania,

2. Aime F profile image70
    Aime Fposted 6 years ago

The question could be “Who has the higher IQ: Trump or *literally anyone except maybe Peter Griffin if he were a real person*” and my money would be on literally anyone except maybe Peter Griffin if he were a real person.

3. ptosis profile image67
    ptosisposted 6 years ago

The numbers are in:
    #25for45

4. Tim Truzy info4u profile image94
    Tim Truzy info4uposted 6 years ago

There is a theory of multiple intelligences which you all alluded to in this forum. DJT obviously is not a dumb man - he duped a small portion of Americans who elected him. He did run a successful business as well. Rex is the more sensible of the two, and he ran a prosperous business. Another research finding also showed that men who wind up leading businesses are more self-centered. (They did their research when they developed the character, Michael, on the show "The Office."
    (Hypothetical) In any case, Rex would be a fun person to chat with any day; he has people skills.
    (Only hypothetical) Going to lunch with Trump: With DJT - I'm wondering if I would wind up paying the check, buying the restaurant, paying for his transportation - and he calls me an ignorant s.o.b., and then, tell me to feel good about it. He has very good con and collect skills.  - sly as a fox.

he ran a prosperous business. NOPE.
      Name one. Realty and investing are pass-thrus

5. Credence2 profile image78
    Credence2posted 6 years ago

Well, people, who is taking all of this seriously? What is next, a 'willy' contest? This silly stuff should never have got into public, such a meaningless controversy between Trump and a member of his cabinet?

We have plenty of challenges that stand before both men, can we do better? Romper Room?

6. ptosis profile image67
    ptosisposted 6 years ago

Sorry losers and haters, but my I.Q. is one of the highest -and you all know it! Please don't feel so stupid or insecure,it's not your fault

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 9, 2013

"I know some of you may think l'm tough and harsh but actually I'm a very compassionate person (with a very high IQ) with strong common sense" (April 21, 2013)

Yes, trumps IQ is higher. That's if IQ stands for "Idiot Quotient"

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13737301_f1024.jpg

1. Credence2 profile image78
      Credence2posted 6 years agoin reply to this

Ptosis, I ought to have you arrested for that crazy cartoon!

7. Tim Truzy info4u profile image94
    Tim Truzy info4uposted 6 years ago

O.k. DJT didn't run his business well. But you have to ask yourself: this president is obsessed with high poll numbers and I.Q. height - what is he missing? (lol)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)