jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

Asgardia - a space nation. Is this a good idea?

1. jackclee lm profile image80
    jackclee lmposted 4 weeks ago

Just found this country which is based in space.
    It claims over 200,000 citizens so far...
    Is this a good idea?

jackclee lmposted 4 weeks agoin reply to this
    2. Misfit Chick profile image71
      Misfit Chickposted 4 weeks agoin reply to this

It stands to reason that you would find something suspicious about this. I know the 'free country' and 'unity' bullet points in their constitution are scary to most Christian extremists & many conservatives - relax.

Its just people playing, 'let's pretend' together. Believe it or not, adults do it all the time - probably as much as kids, LoL! People are tired of life on this earth - it sucks, there's too much fighting, too many people in your business, and too much corruption, etc. I think people just like the idea of perhaps 'doing things right' once we get into space.

Its just a bunch of harmless dreamers, Jack - and a long dang time before it ever actually comes to any kind of 'real' fruition, if ever.

jackclee lmposted 4 weeks agoin reply to this

You assume too much. I just pose the question? I have no opinion on this one way or another.
        From a technical point, since I was an engineer, and have some knowledge about physics and the sciences...
        I think it is a tough problem to solve.
        We can barely survive on earth with all the resources...
        To replicate a living environment in space ala 2001 Space Odyssey is almost impossible.
        The cost and the technical challenges are just too great.
        Something like this has been tried on earth...called Biosphere. It failed miserably...

working