jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Cutting money out of the equation?

1. Leafblade profile image60
    Leafbladeposted 6 years ago

Cutting money out of the equation?

We have the technology and capability to do it. After the financial collapse of many global markets, the constant cutting of various programs that provide social and environmental assistance, this huge disparaging gap between the rich and the poor and the massive environmental toll we're suffering from energy companies using non-renewable or extremely risky fuel sources, don't you think it's time we take aim at one of the roots of all of this trouble?

2. christopheranton profile image74
    christopherantonposted 6 years ago

The Bible says that "The Love of Money is the root of all evil".
    That is very true. But please note that it doesnt say. "the use of money"
    Money is just a means of exchange, designed to facilitate the transfer of goods and service between parties. If we were not using it, we would have to use either barter or stealing. Barter,(where we swap things), is sometimes useful, although not as good as using money, as we would have great difficulty swapping some items. Stealing is wrong on almost every basis.
    I conclude, therefore, that we are stuck with using some form of money, whether we like it or not.

3. Matt in Jax profile image69
    Matt in Jaxposted 6 years ago

You have to keep a monetary system intact or the world will stretch further into chaos. The world could easily be run by hackers and the smarter of those criminals that now exist.

4. tsmog profile image83
    tsmogposted 6 years ago

it will never go away. Money is only a symbolic method of exchanging a value for a value. I don't think in my neighborhood I could give them a hub for a hamburger. Or, take my job, I create and maintain reporting systems. How could I get the value of that service other than through a symbol of value - money, and it be equitable to some other person who makes hamburgers.

5. onegoodwoman profile image77
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

This is not about the rich and the poor............

The bottom line is this.............money is a medium of trade.

Unless you have something else to trade for goods and services, you need money.

Long before money was widely used, there was the bartering system.........it could work today and tomorrow, IF you have something of value or a needed skill to barter with.......

Do you, do your children, does your Grandmother?

6. celebritie profile image84
    celebritieposted 6 years ago

bartering always is a good way to trade stuff for more stuff, or everyone can just learn to live on less.

working