Who are the 5 most influential people in your life, and why?
Discuss who has had a profound impact on your life - whether they are living or dead
My mother, dead, my husband, living, my best friend, living, my children, living. Interesting question!
My mother because she made the choice to have me and her poor mothering skills have made me the person that I am today.
My father because he saved me from getting killed by my mother and has been the most supportive and influential person in my life.
My Horticulture Teacher John Allen, without his teaching and his wisdom I would have not made two of the most important decisions I have ever made. Do not rely on what the vocational training he has given me to support me the rest of my life and to think about joining the military to gain life experience and an opportunity to get an education beyond high school.
My wife, she has taught me that striving to improve myself is easier than striving for nothingand that love is unconditional.
My son who loves me even when when he is mad at me. He reminds me that I want to be a better person so that I can teach him can be a better person.
My Mom--taught me most everything I know. She is always there for me. She taught me the importance of not neglecting the house of God especially during rough times.
My Dad--has taught me so much! He taught me to do right no matter what happens. He taught me to put God's Word first in my life.
My brother--I have always looked up to him. He taught me to put God first in my life and to keep an open relationship with Him.
My Pastor--faithfully preaches Gods Word to me every week. He taught me to be faithful in my work for God. I have learned so much from him!
My Youth Pastor--taught me for 7 years in our youth group. He has such a burden for the teens. He was always there if we needed advice or help in a situation. He has taught me so much from Gods Word!
My husband - he's taught me so much about how to look at life, including being generous to a fault (I'm still trying) and seeing the best in people.
My older brother(s) - they taught me how to defend myself!
My 11th grade English teacher - he taught me to love literature and writing.
My graduate school professor - he taught me to strive for the best and to enjoy working.
My parents - of course! Taught me how to look the world with a critical eye (in a good way!), how to work hard, and how to be kind.
My mother, father, husband and immediate family, best friend. These people have all set great examples in life. They have successful careers, high ethical and moral standards, Inspiring Faith in God, great listeners and just are there for you when you need them.
I love reading all these answers! Truly heartfelt and sincere! Personally, the 5 most influential people in my life include:
1. My paternal grandfather, for showing me the true meaning of unconditional love
2. My mother, for showing me that you can love and have a close relationship with someone, even after a rough period in life
3. My father, for believing in me but also teaching me that absence does not necessarily make the heart grow fonder
4. My children (there are 4 of them, so I cannot limit to 5 overall persons by naming them individually) - they have given me new eyes to see the beauty in the moment, taught me patience, and have continued to love me when I have not loved myself, and
5. My husband for supporting me through my most difficult moments, each and every time.
In Hindu philosophy, the order of significance in terms of respect and honour (highest first) is summed up in Sanskrit as: Maathaa (Mother), Pithaa (Father), Guru (Teacher) and Deivam (God).
Maathaa - Having carried us in her womb for 9 months and going through the pangs of labour. our mother brings us into the world. She nurtures us with love, brings us up through all kinds of hardships and provides unending love. And, expects nothing in return. My mom has been a source of great inspiration since time immemorial - for her sheer hardiness, perseverance and more than anything else, wearing a smile hiding away any sorrows lying beneath.
Pithaa - It is our mother who shows us who our father is. And, it is our father who teaches us values in life by being role models for boys and a rock of support for girls. My dad was an example of generosity, humour and understanding, values that we siblings imbibed growing up.
Guru - there were several teachers who have guided me across life. My high school chemistry teacher who taught us about friendship and personal values, my medical school surgery professor who taught me that learning can be accomplished in small bite sized chunks, my higher surgical training mentors who taught me humility and integrity, the list is endless. In fact, anybody from whom we learn, however trivial the matter might be, is a guru. As my spiritual Guru, I do have the Sankaracharya of Kanchi, whose life and teachings and blessings guide me even today.
Mitrah (friends) - Ah, why is he bringing this new class into the order system, you might ask? Because, that order system pertains to reverence, but the question posed here relates to influence. There have been several friends in my life, some of whom started off as relatives. My wife, the greatest of them. Each friend has taught me something unique not by lecturing or pointing at things, but living and leading by example. I am grateful to them all.
Deivam / God - I am at that stage in life where I do not know if there is a God, but as somebody pointed out to me, there is no Divine, there is only divinity. Every person who has touched my life in some way and has influenced it significantly, are but facets of such divinity. I owe every single one of them - thank you.
I am not easily influenced by anyone. But I do admire people who work hard, believe in themselves, help others and live life on their own terms.
1. My parents
2. My friends
3. My teachers
4. My favourite movie star
5. People who i think they are awesome
1. My parents and little brother - They have been by my side no matter what I have decided to do with my life. They even supported me when I decided to get married and move 2,000 miles away. I can talk to them about absolutely anything and they completely understand me, even if they don't agree with me. I don't know where I would be if I didn't have such an amazing family.
2. My husband - We've been married almost a year and I am constantly learning from him. He tells me about the army and politics (neither of which I've ever been interested in before marrying him). And, just like my parents and brother, he is always supporting me and challenging me to do my best. He is always there for me whether I'm happy, angry, or sad. I love him more than anything.
3. My cockatiel - I know this sounds silly, but he has taught me so much in a little over a year. He is so funny, and so smart that is absolutely amazes me. He is constantly doing sweet little things like crawling from his cage onto the couch to sit with me. He's definitely preparing me for being the mother of a human baby some day.
4. My first psychology teacher - It has been over 3 years since I started my first psychology class, and I've had many many more since then (I'm a psychology major), and none of my teachers could compare to him. He was constantly making jokes about everything and I aspire to be as great a teacher as him when I finish school.
5. My best friend - I have known this guy for 7 years now. And when I met him he was on some pretty hardcore drugs. But there was something about him that told me I should stick around. He struggled with drug addiction for a very long time. But he has been out of rehab for almost a year now and is still clean. There were times that I completely stopped talking to him over the years, because of things he had said to me or what I anticipated to happen. But I like to believe I was there for him most of the time. Knowing him has shown me that people are capable of turning their lives around completely when you love them and show them that you care. I have never been more proud of anyone in my entire life.
Firstly, The last Prophet Muhammad (May peace be upon him) as he is a perfect example in all possible human relations. A perfection for the leaders, for those with faith, as a hero, as a general, as a husband, as a friend and as a human. I feel connected with him whenever I think of him and seek help from his life examples beaconing me in my problems.
Islam's second caliph,Hazarat Omer Razi a tallah unhun. He had so great human qualitites that we see in the today's fantasy stories of Iron man, Batman, Spiderman and the other MANS. He was The Ruler who would leave his house at night to wander in the streets of Madina to see for himself the problems of his followers.
He is my personal SUPER MAN.....
My mother's grandmother. She died at the age of 125 years and taught me what a beauty simplicity is.
My mom whose life revolves around the Fantastic Four(Rafia, Naima, Muneeb and Hamid). She is a woman of such a great character that who ever has met her admires her. She is 'Hardwork Redefined'. Her colleagues ask her to shop for them owing to her 'Bargaining Skills'. Her peers calls her 'The Helper' and her grand daughter calls her 'My best friend.'
A brother who has helped me out in all thicks and thins of my life and kept secrets safe. His calm attitude and ever helping hand triggered the ship of my life sail safe.
Thanks to you all and thanks to Stephhicks68 who made me acknowledge them.
If you have asked for two more I would say My Hubby Billal and my dearest doctor friend Jiya Aziz who are the inspiration of my life.
1. Jesus: made me, saved me, placed the good works ahead of me in which I walk with His help.
2. A good friend who likes anonymity who led me to Jesus.
3. Mom...birthed me, raised me from age 5 as a widow, taught me to read, made me inventive, as in "mothers are the necessity of invention."
4. Dad, who passed on his personality traits though only had 5 years to personally affect my life.
5. The guy who decided my job should be ended 1/31/12 who freed me up to get on Hub Pages as well as tour Fredericksburg, Chancellorsville, and Gettysburg with the newly acquired free time.
My mom. Because she loves me unconditionally.
My oldest sister. Because she's always there when we need help.
The doctor who saved my life last year. Because he saved my life
My best friend: who would do anything for me if I asked. But I don't have to ask because she knows before I know.
And a sweet, loving friend who I e- mail every day who lives in New England who would give anyone the shirt off her back.
There are others but these five come to mind first.
1. My God
2. My Husband loves me lots he is my best friend of mine, he supports me in every matter.
3. My sister, after my husband the only person i trust she is my elder sister, she solve problems and advise me when am in trouble.
4. My parents
5. My Students
1. My Mum
2. My Dad
4. Friend David
5. J.K Rowling
1. Very close, very similar, Mum is the most loving of people. Wish more than life itself for her happiness to be secured.
2. Family is everything to me. My Dad is so kind, intelligent and interesting. See more of myself being like him in nature now I am approaching 30.
3. My Mums, Mum. Spent a great deal of time with her. She is a strong lady who has lived a life for some 83 years. I love her very much and hope a cure can be found for Parkinsons one day.
4. I ought to have my siblings or my wonderful friend Kate. However, David. Friend of three years who educated me about love and life, I had missed so much- intelligent conversation in person. He has a fantastic mind and talent in terms of his practical capabilities.
5. Rowling provided escapism and food for my imagination. Love that she got kids into loving books and in so doing created an appreciation of literature for future generations. As a person her way of working, her influences, challenges, story and her sharing her getting along best with males. She has inspired me to write a series of children's novels.
by Ellana 9 years ago
What one mistake or regret in your life would you change if you could?
by dobo700 9 years ago
Who was the most important person in your life?
by dannamae26 10 years ago
Who is the most influential people in your life? your personal preference.who is the most influential people in your life? your personal preference.
by Holly 11 years ago
I've been contemplating the key to living a happy existence and a thought came to mind- Maybe part of being happy is when your life and what you do in your life matches who you are on the inside.I spent a large portion of my life being who others wanted me to be, and was never true to who I was...
by Christin Sander 6 years ago
Should Cursive writing still be taught in school?My 15 year old son can barely sign his name in cursive and does all his writing in print and I find it maddening that kids aren't taught how to write well. His writing is like reading that of an inattentive 5 year old, yet he's extremely bright...
by websclubs 11 years ago
Who are the most influential people on HubPages right now?
Copyright © 2021 Maven Media Brands, LLC and respective content providers on this website. HubPages® is a registered trademark of Maven Coalition, Inc. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. Maven Media Brands, LLC and respective content providers to this website may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|