jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Why ask loaded political questions designed to get a one-sided answer?

1. CR Rookwood profile image83
    CR Rookwoodposted 5 years ago

Why ask loaded political questions designed to get a one-sided answer?

This seems more like a set up for a lot of down voting and unpleasant commentary. Wouldn't it make more sense to write a hub on the topic than to 'ask' a question that really isn't a question but rather a disguised opinion?

2. Attikos profile image79
    Attikosposted 5 years ago

One aspect of Hub Pages is its capacity as a host for discussion of current events. It is becoming a popular place to do it, and that has not gone unnoticed. We are seeing a rising number of new members who have joined not as writers but as partisan propagandists. Some of them post leading questions meant to push a campaign's talking points, others are Net police out to harass and silence opponents of their side's election narrative. It wouldn't surprise me to find a few are even paid operatives of the major parties. It would be nice not to have to put up with them, but there is no way to get rid of such abusers without adopting stringent rules of content that would tread on everyone, not just the malefactors. I'm afraid we're in for it until after the election.

CR Rookwoodposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you! That actually makes a lot of sense and is very helpful.

2. Georgie Lowery profile image94
      Georgie Loweryposted 5 years agoin reply to this

This is a great answer and does make lots of sense.

3. lovemychris profile image64
    lovemychrisposted 5 years ago

Why take the time and effort to write a hub that will be voted down, flagged and taken away? Mine as well as a question. Much less work for the same result.

4. Civil War Bob profile image59
    Civil War Bobposted 5 years ago

I agree whole heartedly with Attikos and gave him an up vote.  Some people just have a shotgun mentality and don't realize folks can jam a stick in the barrel to blow it up on the guy doing the shooting, metaphysically speaking of course! wink

CR Rookwoodposted 5 years agoin reply to this

lol! CWB, you always get me laughing. Thanks!

working