jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Do we need to make a fundamental change in the way we view each other?

1. Born2care2001 profile image73
    Born2care2001posted 5 years ago

Do we need to make a fundamental change in the way we view each other?

Is it possible for a global society with so many different life styles to agree on an agenda for living peacefully together on the same planet? If so, how?

2. SidKemp profile image95
    SidKempposted 5 years ago

Some people do know how we can view ourselves and all other people as one family of brothers and sisters. And, clearly, if we all learned this type of respect and love, war, systematic oppression, and most violence would come to an end. That would be a good thing.

But the truth is that no one has every found a reliable way to help people shift their deep perspectives. Even a figure like Buddha or Jesus couldn't do it - if they could, we'd have world peace now.

All I know to do is to live my truth and keep deepening the way that I see myself and others, and share the meditations, prayers, thoughts, and practices I discover and live by with those who will listen.

Would that we would all open our hearts. Often, though, our hearts have to be broken open by the pain of life.

3. lrc7815 profile image89
    lrc7815posted 5 years ago

I think it would certainly be easy enough to agree to an agenda of "aceptance" but living up to it may be a different story.  lol

We are one species consisting of different colors, languages, lifestyles, but...our composition, the stuff we're made of is the same.  If we could remind the world of that one simple concept, perhaps things would change.  There will always be evil people and groups but they will always be the minority.  Oh, if only it werea perfect world.

1. SidKemp profile image95
      SidKempposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I agree. Eric Eriksson coined the term "pseudospeciation" for the unfortunate tendency people have to think of other people as not of the same species, the same cloth, the same family.

4. Beata Stasak profile image83
    Beata Stasakposted 5 years ago

We are able to travel to every corner of the world in a short span of time, we are able to connect with anyone from all around the world in no time, what we need to do now is to accept that the real value is in our differences and the real unity is in our similarities.....'love your neighbour as you love yourself'...we are all neighbours in our great 'Earth neighbourhood'smile