Do Republicans hate everyone?

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (15 posts)
  1. IDONO profile image59
    IDONOposted 11 years ago

Do Republicans hate everyone?

Mitt was recorded saying 47% of Americans were parasites. Last night, Sarah Palin on Fox News said she couldn't believe how 52% of voters could be so stupid as to re-elect a man to 4 more years of misery. I just answered my own question. No. They don't hate everyone. There's that 1%....... 1%!  sound familiar? I bet they worked out those numbers as not to offend their friends.

2. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 11 years ago

The Republican politicians just say stuff like that for the cameras to get their voter base riled up. Republicans who are not politicians don't hate everyone They just hate black people and hate whatever they think a "liberal" is. Theirs is a radical party of religious extremists and racist nationalists.

3. Charlu profile image78
    Charluposted 11 years ago

No definitely not, they only hate, think less of, treat like degenerates,  those that are not willing to bow down kiss their !$^* and make them more money. lol

1. IDONO profile image59
      IDONOposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'm ashamed of you! You missed one. They also hate women that think they should be allowed to vote and make their own moral decisions. OOPS! That's a big part of their election loss isn't it? They forgot women's votes count too.

4. lostdogrwd profile image61
    lostdogrwdposted 11 years ago

not real hate , just past entitlement of white supremacy when anything that they did was right, but time has past and the years of seeking cheap to free labor have made this country into the great melting pot of people and the old school white cling to the Republican party for the told them type of people what they like but it was all lies and not the truth has hit them in the face save the fact that they can't see that the rich is playing them like a piano to keep them from seeing the fact that they living just as hard as everyone else and paying the rich share of taxes just like everyone else until we stop them. 12 trillion of this 16 trillion dollars debt is the rich 1 to 2 % tax cut and congress borrow the money for the the working middle so-called class people to pay for it. its a money grab so people wake up and come together and stop this madness

5. cat on a soapbox profile image94
    cat on a soapboxposted 11 years ago

I'd love to hear the actual soundbite where Gov. Romney called the 47% who wouldn't care about tax cuts "parasites." It must have been edited out of the recorded quote I heard. Thank you!

6. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 11 years ago

Ahh Great another meaningless forum  thread  I'm bound to endure for the sake of morons !   Write on ! write on !

1. ReneeDC1979 profile image61
      ReneeDC1979posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I love conflict.  Nice comment and I'm happy you took the time to read the question and comment.  It means you're thinking!  And we hubbers know that you can't please everyone.

2. IDONO profile image59

I was always taught that the only stupid question was one not asked. I was also taught the only thing worse than a stupid question was the person responding to it. My question was asked in irony. Your answer, Republican -like; miserable and negative.

7. lone77star profile image72
    lone77starposted 11 years ago

Do Democrats hate everyone?

Sorry, but both are equally dumb questions.

The Corporate Party really does love you for buying into their divisiveness.

Divide and conquer, and they hardly have to lift a finger, because you're doing their dirty work for them. All fed by ego -- us versus them.

America is going down and too few give a hockey puck. Sad.

Too bad so many will wake up only after it's too late to do anything about the death of America. The Constitution is nearly gone as it is, shredded by Clinton, Bush, and Obama. Shredded by the congressmen who suck up to the Corporate Party lobbyists, and by the Supreme Court justices who think Corporations are people, too, but that they don't have to spend a day in jail for their crimes.

No, our government thinks Corporations deserve bailouts and bonuses for their crimes.

Both sides of the Corporate Party don't hate. They're play acting -- keeping alive the illusion of choice -- whipping their followers into a frenzy to keep them distracted.

Well, it's working. This dumb question is proof of it.

8. ReneeDC1979 profile image61
    ReneeDC1979posted 11 years ago

I think it's impossible to hate everyone.  I think they will be mad for the next four years and continue to degrade and show no support for the President.  It is unfortunate that in 2012 we are so divided.  Doesn't the Constitution start out 'We The People?' 
    I guess WE is French and people is just a term to represent a part of the whole. 
    Unfortunately, some people won't change and we're stuck with Fox News!  - NICE QUESTION

1. IDONO profile image59

You're right. This was sort of a John Stewart/ Colbert type question. I forget sometimes that some people have no sense of humor. Wouldn't be nice if there were no left or right when it came to American issues?

9. Billie Kelpin profile image86
    Billie Kelpinposted 11 years ago

Republicans don't hate anyone, I believe.  They're just terribly scared. They have a very evangelically-based strict guideline for themselves which they use to perfect their relationship with God.  They have bought-into a skewed logic system perpetuated by people like Joel Osteen and they have misinterpreted compassion and social justice (as those virtues have been traditionally viewed by Christians) and twisted the meaning of those words into hot button words like "entitlements" and "hand-outs".  They do not want to become "addicted" to dependence and assume that others do want to!  - an obvious egotistical point of view. They have a tough-love, strict-father view of the world, as George Lakoff, linguist at Berkeley points out, and in spite of any good intentions they may have, they've created a hostile environment in our nation because of their fears.  Quite terrified of the future, they cling to the past because to not do that would create disquiet within them.  I have dear friends who are Republicans.  They are good people who see the world totally differently than I do.  So we talk about kids and places we've been and know that's just about as deep as we can go with our friendship.

10. LandmarkWealth profile image67
    LandmarkWealthposted 11 years ago

What kind of a question is this.  Romney did not call anyone parasites.  He simply stated a fact, that 47% of americans don't pay income taxes and therefore his message of tax reform does not impact them. For the same reason a teenager doesn't care when they leave the lights on...They're not paying the bill.  He did reference the victim mentality we have in this country which is quite apparent among at least some of the population.  There are large masses of people who have every reason in the world why they can't accomplish something, and hence they never do.  I grew up in an inner city slum and was always taught not to make excuses and I am quite successful.  If people spent half the amount of time thinking about ways to create new opportunity for themsevles as they did complaining about what other people have, they'd be much more successful.

With regard to this 1% nonsense.  They didn't race to the magic money tree.  They got there by creating new ideas and new innovations that served the consumer well enough to pay for their services.  They already pay 37% percent of all the income taxes yet only make 17% of the national income.  And if the President continues to demonize them in his second term like he did in his first, then he'll get more of the same.  Private investment will stall.  Large companies will sit on the two trillion in cash for another 4 years like they did the last 4 years, and the American working class will continue to suffer.  It's the entreprenuers that create jobs as they purse new endeavors. The more hostile you are to them, the less capital investment you'll see.
    Home Depot was created by a bunch of 1%'s that started in the 99%'s.  Where would all the people of NY and NJ be today if they had to depend on the mom and pop shops to resupply them in such a disaster ???  They'd never be able to meet the demand.  Thanks to the 1%'s that created great idea's like Home Depot and Lowes people are getting what they need in a much more timely manner then they otehrwise would.  Not to mention the 100's of thousands of jobs they create and millions in tax revenue to the treasuery they pay annually.
    The Irony is the bigger the gov't gets the more of a divide there will be between the income of the 1% and the 99%.  Someplace along the line a large number of people in this country got this strange idea that because someone else makes money, that means another has to lose money.  The lack of understanding of economics in America is astouding.

11. CrescentSkies profile image64
    CrescentSkiesposted 11 years ago

The logic in your extended description is too flawed and biased to list all the possible problems in it...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)