jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Can we imagine our life without money?

1. shwetha123 profile image71
    shwetha123posted 5 years ago

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

Yes, been there and done that. Dirt poor and also wanted for nothing. Have seen both sides of the spectrum.

3. cjpooja26 profile image66
    cjpooja26posted 5 years ago

Though I want to imagine my life without money but I cant.....

4. healthyfitness profile image78
    healthyfitnessposted 5 years ago

Yes, i've been extremely poor before and anyone who says money can't buy happiness has never been without it!

1. ChristinS profile image95
      ChristinSposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I disagree, happiness is a state of mind.  I've been rock bottom poor and happy and the opposite and struggling.  Happiness is an attitude, it doesn't depend on money.

5. jravity1 profile image69
    jravity1posted 5 years ago

Yes..I can. It would take hard work and a lot of sacrifice, but the freedom that comes with it.....awesome even at worse.  I can imagine people trading, houses made of wood and dirt. Horse drawn carriages would make a full return. The way money is used and abused today, no wonder no one can imagine life without it.  It gets you tvs, houses, cars, expensive clothes.... but come on. You can make clothes, to many people sit on there butt and watch tv. You don't need a car when you have a horse, crops can be planted, animals can be hunted for meat. You would learn your own medicines.

Yea..its called happiness.

6. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 5 years ago

In an ideal world we would be able to barter and exchange.  Money takes people hostage with fear.  I've been at both ends of the spectrum, extremely poor and very comfortable.  There were times in my life where we had the least money and I was very blessed and happy.  In fact, I think it was that mindset - wanting what I had and being grateful, that lead me to a place of monetary comfort.  I fully believe what we focus our mind on is what we perceive and manifest.  If we focus all the time on lack, limitation, poverty etc. that's what follows.

7. Barbara Kay profile image91
    Barbara Kayposted 5 years ago

I can't imagine not having any money at all, but I have been poor in my life. If no one at all had money we'd all have to work out a barter system. That might not be so bad.

working