jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

Do you feel that President Obama has shown leadership in this government shutdow

1. Smireles profile image76
    Smirelesposted 4 years ago

Do you feel that President Obama has shown leadership in this government shutdown crisis?

The United States government is in gridlock. No matter which party you follow, this is a very serious government crisis. The president is the leader of our country. Leadership is important. Whether yes or no, please state your reasons.

2. Barbara Kay profile image90
    Barbara Kayposted 4 years ago

I think it was more of a problem with the Republican party. At first the party wanted to do away with Obamacare. After that they gave up on that, the Tea Party didn't want to agree with the other Republican party members. The Tea Party have been difficult all along. They don't like the form of government we now have.

I know Republicans will hit the down arrow for this post. I have seen so many hate posts towards Obama and he hasn't been perfect. I hate to say their are a lot of people that hate him just because he is black and this disgusts me.

I can understand too, those that don't like Obamacare. It is going to help some people and hurt others. It isn't perfect.

1. suzettenaples profile image89
      suzettenaplesposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I agree.  I think much of the dislike against Obama in DC is racist.

2. Smireles profile image76
      Smirelesposted 4 years agoin reply to this

A short comment. I do not believe that disagreement with President Obama equals racism. He is the president of all the people in this country and as such is bound to have people disagree with him.

3. Becky Katz profile image84
      Becky Katzposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I don't think a lot of the dislike of Obama is racist. I know I get tired of being called racist when I just don't like his politics. I know many others that are not racist but just don't like him or his politics.

3. Bibowen profile image95
    Bibowenposted 4 years ago

Obama has certainly demonstrated leadership during the crisis--leadership that further sinks America and makes it an international joke. He continues to run up the nation's debt, which tempts financial collapse and saddles our children with a financial burden they will never surmount. Furthermore, he led in making the shutdown as miserable for people as possible by the closing of federal parks and monuments--in some cases spending more money to close the parks than it would have cost to keep them open! He did all this to save his signature legislation--Obamacare, the most stupendous boondoggle ever foisted upon the American people, a program so irredeemable that even its makers (and many the hypocrites that are advancing it) would never agree to live under it, and in fact, have gotten waivers so they won't have to live with the train wreck that have have mandated for the rest of their subjects. Yes, the president is a leader--a leader we would all be better off without.

1. tsadjatko profile image69
      tsadjatkoposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Leadership qualities? Bullying your opposition and insisting on no negotiations,"my way or the highway", fear mongering false consequences of a shutdown solely to make political points is not leadership but tactics you'd punish your child for trying.

2. savvydating profile image97
      savvydatingposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Sort of like the captain of a sinking ship telling his crew to "deal with it" while I go below deck to write my speech about the crews failure to save the ship the "captain" is supposedly in charge of... a rather "hands off" approach to "leadership."

3. gmwilliams profile image87
      gmwilliamsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Totally agree.  Remember the adage that with friends like these, one does not need enemies.  Just apply this to Obama.  He hates this country and will further impoverish this country into a financial black hole!

4. Becky Katz profile image84
    Becky Katzposted 4 years ago

I do not believe that he has ever shown leadership. He whines every time things do not go his way. He blames everyone else for things that go wrong. He has divided the people of this country, whether trying or not. He has not had a single year with a budget, for whatever reason. All of these things point to a failure in leadership.
    He has also broken his own definition of leadership. He has had to have the debt limit raised numerous times. He said about two years before he was elected that that was a leadership failure.

1. gmwilliams profile image87
      gmwilliamsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Obama=dictator in chief!