jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (11 posts)

Any creative ideas of what to do with these?

1. peeples profile image92
    peeplesposted 3 years ago

Any creative ideas of what to do with these?

They were bulb covers on Christmas lights. They are 1"-2" each, lots of bright colors. I feel wrong throwing them out! Any creative ideas?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12097470_f260.jpg

2. LoisRyan13903 profile image80
    LoisRyan13903posted 3 years ago

I would get some glass jars from the dollar store-some sell decorative jars and put them in it.  Would make a nice gift for someone or a decoration for your house.  I did something like this with glass beads and gave them out as Christmas presents.

3. Lady Guinevere profile image60
    Lady Guinevereposted 3 years ago

I put the white lights that I have around my deck.  It allows enough light for me to see to walk onto the deck at night and gives me just enough light to find my house key on my keyring.  I also lined the rail that goes down my back steps so that i could see to go down and up them in the dark.  Our porch light does not light the steps well and this was the perfect use for them.

4. LongTimeMother profile image96
    LongTimeMotherposted 3 years ago

Could be fun for a pre-schooler learning to count. "I'd like one orange one." "Can you find three blue ones?" Good for addition. "If I have four yellow and three green ones, how many do I have altogether?"

I'm guessing they are plastic, not glass. smile

1. cat on a soapbox profile image98
      cat on a soapboxposted 3 years agoin reply to this

What a great idea!

5. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

try string them together into a garland, slide in a heart shape cardboard for valentine's day.

6. Austinstar profile image87
    Austinstarposted 3 years ago

Cat toys?
    A huge wreath?
    Targets for BB gun practice?
    Tops for walking sticks?
    Outside tree decorations?

7. bravewarrior profile image93
    bravewarriorposted 3 years ago

I'm not a crafty person, but I watch a lot of makeovers on HGTV. I've seen them make awesome indoor/outdoor mosaic tabletops out of smashed glass and plates held in place by grout and polyurethane. Perhaps you can do the same with these colorful baubles?

Another thought is to suspend them from trees or a birdhouse, coat them with peanut butter and birdseed. The colors may attract birds and give them something delectable to munch on.

8. cat on a soapbox profile image98
    cat on a soapboxposted 3 years ago

They can be drawn from a bag to choose groups or teams by like colors. We did this often in Girl Scouts. They could also be hidden in a search game and assigned point value: blue=10, green=20, etc.

9. Bidd Waxx profile image78
    Bidd Waxxposted 3 years ago

Get a sturdy piece of backboard or cardboard, cover the backboard with paint or foil , shape a Christmas tree or any design and attach each one of those securely. When done you will have a colorful wall or door hanging. Otherwise, donate them to the goodwill, someone will come along that will make use of them.

10. peeples profile image92
    peeplesposted 3 years ago

Thanks everyone. With all your ideas I am sure we will have them used up in no time. We actually ended up with even more. So I think we will be able to do quite a few things with them. They are so pretty. I am sure we will have lots of fun upcycling them.

working