What do you call a driver who hits a bicyclist and leaves without finding out if

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (16 posts)
  1. tirelesstraveler profile image78
    tirelesstravelerposted 3 years ago

What do you call a driver who hits a bicyclist and leaves without finding out if they are hurt?

If you hit a bicyclist while driving up Auto Mall Parkway, on Friday afternoon, and didn't stop, you will always wonder if you killed the bicyclist. Your total disregard for common courtesy put you in a situation that may bite you harder than not having your drivers licence, or insurance.
    The cyclist is in terrible pain. The bike was damaged and since the cyclist was returning to work after lunch there was time lost. Not to mention you totally screwed up a 3 day weekend for the cyclist and his family.

2. Faith Reaper profile image85
    Faith Reaperposted 3 years ago

Well, a sorry excuse for a human being! Sorry to judge, but ...

tirelesstravelerposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Faith, my good self is furious at this person. My bad self is praying for retribution. Thankfully my husband was able  to get back to work and call me, but he is in all sorts of pain.

2. Faith Reaper profile image85
      Faith Reaperposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I understand and that was my first gut reaction. I am so sorry about your husband and will pray for healing and relief from pain. I will pray for the other person to do some soul-searching. Is there any way the person did not know he hit your husband

3. liesl5858 profile image89
    liesl5858posted 3 years ago

I think the driver is irresponsible and have no conscience at all, supposing your husband was injured so badly. Some people just don't care anymore and it is really sad. I hope your husband gets better soon.

A family friend killed a person in a hit and run.  He went back and turned himself  in, but it is really bad to hit and run.

4. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

that is not a responsible person, if I did, I still have to check out, make sure he is not dead. If hurt, take him to hospital and pay for the bills. Otherwise guilt will fill up in my dreams

5. Thief12 profile image89
    Thief12posted 3 years ago

I think you won't find any disagreement. It's an irresponsible human being, and moreover, a criminal.

6. Ericdierker profile image47
    Ericdierkerposted 3 years ago

Certainly the first thing we call them is a criminal. With injuries it is a felony to hit and run. So we call them a felon next. But all in all my prayers are with the two of you today. Years ago my father in law was killed in such a fashion, he could have been saved. Forgiveness was real hard to come by.

Eric, we are doing well.  Thanks for the prayers.  We are just grateful for no serious injuries.  We will see how the bike fared on Tuesday.

7. The Examiner-1 profile image71
    The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago

They are a hit-and-run driver just like hitting cars, they do not always know whether or not anyone is injured - and how bad - besides insurance problems. I say that they should all get the same laws/rules.
    I hope that someone else got his/her license plate numbers/letters.

Kevin, the guy that stopped only saw my husband flying through the air.  There are traffic cams in that town and a motorcycle policeman who is not happy about cyclists being hit on his watch on the look out.

2. The Examiner-1 profile image71
      The Examiner-1posted 3 years agoin reply to this

I see now that I should have mentioned in my first comment "...they do not know or 'care'..." In other words, a lot of them could really care less about life. They should be jailed for bodily harm or sometimes murder.

8. cat on a soapbox profile image97
    cat on a soapboxposted 3 years ago

I am sorry and hope that your husband's aches and pains heal soon! The driver of a vehicle is required by law in most places incl. Calif. to report any accidents involving damage. This includes both personal injury and property damage. It could be a lamp post or a parked car! Unfortunately,  some people feel no moral obligation and think  "why bother if I won't get caught?"  The person who did this is a scofflaw and coward. You have every right to be angry but try to let it go so the insensitive person who committed this hit and run doesn't continue to affect your family's well-being. 
    Hoping for a good outcome,
    Cat:)

9. Jackie Lynnley profile image89
    Jackie Lynnleyposted 3 years ago

I don't see why they would run since the law does nothing to people who hurt others in accidents. I think it should be the same punishment as if you accidentally shot someone. They are just as hurt or sometimes killed. Drunk drivers walk all the time; it is like take their license but what punishment is that? I doubt they do that even on the first offense even if someone died. Really crazy.

So true.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)