jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Would you vote for Hillary to get a woman into the presidency?

1. bradmasterOCcal profile image31
    bradmasterOCcalposted 2 years ago

Would you vote for Hillary to get a woman into the presidency?

2. lisavollrath profile image97
    lisavollrathposted 2 years ago

No, but I'd vote for her because she's the best person running for the job.

I don't think anyone would vote for any candidate simply based on their gender.

1. Veroniquebee profile image75
      Veroniquebeeposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Completely agree with the point that one shouldn't base their vote just on the gender of the candidate. If one would be good president, it really doesn't matter what their gender is. Their abilities, however, do matter.

3. peeples profile image93
    peeplesposted 2 years ago

Not a chance. While I would love to see a woman as president since it is WAYYYY over due, it matters more to vote for someone based on actual merit.

1. nicomp profile image68
      nicompposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Yes, it's overdue. We should pick a leader by chromosomes.

4. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12728989_f260.jpg

No. I doubt many people would {switch parties} to vote for someone because of their gender, race, or religion.
    Most of Hillary Clinton's votes are going to come from people who generally vote Democrat anyway.
    They support the Democrat platform.
    A lot of folks thought blacks voted for Obama because he was black. The reality is most blacks and other minorities tend to vote Democrat.
    If Hillary Clinton were to face Ben Carson she would get most of the black vote. If Joe Biden had been the Democrat choice and ran against Carly Fiorina I suspect Biden would get the bulk of female voters.
    I believe party platform trumps sexual gender for most voters. Generally speaking the only exception is during a recession.

1. bradmasterOCcal profile image31
      bradmasterOCcalposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Good points, and loyal party voters are in my opinion the core of the problems with politics in the US/

2. LoisRyan13903 profile image81
      LoisRyan13903posted 2 years agoin reply to this

I only vote my party if I am not sure who is better

5. LoisRyan13903 profile image81
    LoisRyan13903posted 2 years ago

Not just because of gender.  I'm not democrat but I usually vote for people who are pro-union.  Usually the democrats are this

working