jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you think ISIS will actually attack New York City? Or is it just talk?

1. friendlywebguy profile image75
    friendlywebguyposted 2 years ago

Do you think ISIS will actually attack New York City?  Or is it just talk?

2. Chantelle Porter profile image91
    Chantelle Porterposted 2 years ago

I think they are serious. But I also think they enjoy psychologically tormenting people. Sick.

3. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/10445934_f260.jpg

Remember 9/11.   I sincerely believe that ISIS will eventually attack New York City as they will all large cities because that are all the economic bases are.  The purpose of ISIS is to attack, even socioeconomically disrepair the economic bases of a society.  When they succeed in doing that, they will have the West by its tail.

4. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 2 years ago

I think there are far more prevalent threats  than ISIS, but that being said I think "ISIS" will conveniently attack whatever is required to get us pulled into another war in the middle east to control the oil.  That's what all of this has been about the whole time.  How many times have we bombed our "ally" Saudi Arabia?  None - we are in cahoots with them, yet the 9/11 terrorists were Saudi not Iraqi or Afghan.  People never questioned though and blindly accepted the call for war. 

When we went to Iraq we further destabilized the entire region over there and funded and trained the terrorists who make up ISIS now.  It's all a game, fear is a great way to get nations to willingly go along and for those who profit from war to keep lining their pockets at the expense of humanity.

My only hope is that more people are looking with a critical eye this time, instead of letting terror of "those people" get to them.  I think with this country's record of violence, you are more likely to be targeted by some loon who was able to too easily gain access to firearms and shoot up a school or theater etc.  They are just "crazy" though and not "terrorists" because they aren't Islamic wink .. funny how that works. 

Fear is a powerful weapon getting people to drop common sense and give up freedoms and all sorts of things. Will they attack New York, probably - especially if it serves the monetary interests of the war machine... sad but true.

5. profile image0
    LoliHeyposted 2 years ago

If they seriously wanted to attack a place, why would they advertise it?  It's not like they want to be stopped.  Still, I believe they'll do it.  Be thankful for everyday it doesn't happen.

working