jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

What is the FIRST THING that comes to mind at the mention of....................

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 17 months ago

What is the FIRST THING that comes to mind at the mention of.....................DONALD TRUMP?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13148353_f260.jpg

2. Ken Burgess profile image90
    Ken Burgessposted 17 months ago

The Art of the Deal

In the book Trump repeatedly stated that market researchers and consultants that many businesses rely on weren't reliable:
    “I don’t trust fancy marketing surveys. I do my own surveys and draw my own conclusions.”

I think this definitely extends into politics, it is why his whole campaign has been against the grain, and defied polls time and again... he tunes into things other people don't.  I wouldn't bet against him where it relates to business and real estate, as despite what anyone says, he has been damned successful (unbelievably so) to parlay a few million dollars into at least a few billion... that is a feat very few people could do.

But whether that translates into the political arena, and lands him the Presidency, remains to be seen.

3. lovemychris profile image60
    lovemychrisposted 17 months ago

excess. obesity. waste. the quintessential "ugly american". no class. no style. just bluster.

4. Greensleeves Hubs profile image98
    Greensleeves Hubsposted 17 months ago

The first thing that comes to mind is how bizarre it is that a man with that many faults can attract the support of so many people in a country where those faults are freely and openly exposed.

A man who has demonstrated tendencies which are misogynistic, xenophobic, prejudiced, hypocritical, disingenuous and habitually deceitful, ill-informed and scientifically ignorant, irrational, petulant, rude and crude, and who is of suspect temperament and suspect financial integrity,

To most of America's allies in the world it seems utterly bizarre that such a man could even be a candidate, let alone a  potential winner, in the presidential election. Watching events in the campaign is like staring through the looking glass at a strange and unreal world. To elect him would be a dangerous gamble.

1. lovemychris profile image60
      lovemychrisposted 17 months agoin reply to this

frankly, it is unreal. just read that trump supporters flooded the online polls using reddit and 4chan. they want to make it seem dumpy is winning so dems stay home dont vote. theyre instructed to flood internet w president trump memes. brainwashing.

5. FitnezzJim profile image81
    FitnezzJimposted 17 months ago

Even though he has spent over a year running for President, the first thing that comes to mind for me when someone mentions Donald Trump is when he shaved the head of Vince McMahon at WrestleMania XXIII.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMKFIHRpe7I

1. lovemychris profile image60
      lovemychrisposted 17 months agoin reply to this

lol

6. Billie Kelpin profile image86
    Billie Kelpinposted 17 months ago

The first word that entered my mind at your question was "flim-flan man" and I didn't even know where that word came from or exactly what it meant.  When I went to Wikipedia just now I discoveredit was a film I had never seen.  The main character is described in this way:   "Master of Back-Stabbing, Cork-Screwing and Dirty-Dealing!" – is a drifting confidence trickster who makes his living defrauding people in the southern United States. One of his specialties is rigged punchboards. He befriends a young man named Curley (Sarrazin), a deserter from the United States Army, and the two form a team to make money."  I had no idea it was a movie - now I've GOTTA see it smile

working