What Will Our World Look Like in the Next 6 Months+

Jump to Last Post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)
  1. crankalicious profile image86
    crankaliciousposted 4 years ago

Make some predictions, political or not, involving the election or not.

What will our world look like in the next 6 months to x number of years?

How will our lives change?

The one thing I suspect will happen is that President Trump will push to open things back up too soon and most Americans, tired of sitting around, will support that decision, but that, as a result, the virus will come roaring back and we will end up in another quarantine state - either nationally or in hot spots like New York.

I also predict that a vaccine will emerge sooner than a year to 18 months scientists are predicting. Most likely, the antibodies of people who've recovered from the virus will produce something that protects others, but then we'll see a mutation in the virus that will cause us more problems.

I really don't know whether Trump will be re-elected or not. I think it can go either way because too much can happen between now and then. I think if ultimately the death count is much lower than predicted, that will work in his favor, but if the virus re-emerges, Americans will be so tired by then, they'll look to new leadership.

1. Live to Learn profile image60
      Live to Learnposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I think everything is going to be fine. I agree that we will have solutions, treatments and vaccines sooner rather than later.

As to the economy, we do need solutions. People have to work to eat and pay their bills. I doubt Trump will push to reopen without putting into place recommendations by the CDC. But whether we open it sooner or later we'll see secondary waves. I wouldn't blame the administration, unless what happens here is remarkably negatively different than what we see in other first world countries.

2. MizBejabbers profile image89
      MizBejabbersposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I remember the polio scare that occurred when I was a child. My husband grew up about a 30 minute drive from my hometown. We both contracted "light" cases of polio, which has affected our lives. But we were lucky. I was never able to be a nimble dancer, and my hips were too weak to learn to water ski. He has similar problems with his legs. But we were lucky. We've had friends who were in those terrible iron lungs. Or who were wearing braces and using crutches to walk.
      I mention this because I wonder what kinds of problems will the survivors of this virus suffer? Will they have permanent lung scarring and early COPD or emphysema. Will they be a constant drain on their families and the healthcare system? With as much of our population being affected, how will that affect this country in the long run. We all fear that a mutation will occur, and we hope it doesn't move into our animal population to ping pong back and forth from humans to animals and vice versa. It is just possible that Trump and the economy may be the least of our worries.

3. CHRIS57 profile image61
      CHRIS57posted 4 years agoin reply to this

People have started to wash their hands. They understand that it is not all about deodorants. That will stay.

People find out that Skype, Webex or you name it are quite useful tools. Homeoffice seems to be useful too. That will become more dominant.

After the mess is over, there will be no trace found in death statistics of a country. And that leads to one prediction:
      Politics and Power forget immediately about Corona. Their way of thinking is tactical, not strategical. In democracies from one election to the other, not from one generation to the next.

Better off is some autocratic, hierarchic system like China. China will master the crisis much better, so if the US wakes up after having dealt with itself, the shots are called by China and to some extent Russia. The world will not forget that Corona help came from China, South Korea, Russia but not from the USA.

It will be a reshuffled power constellation after the crisis. Viruses are highly asymmetric. If i were a terrorist, i would rub my eyes how easy it was to shake up a giant. There will be much done in terms of countermeasures. Hopefully the health care system will benefit.

4. Sharlee01 profile image84
      Sharlee01posted 4 years agoin reply to this

What Will Our World Look Like in the Next 6 Months+
      jump?

It will return to the status quo. It may not even take that long.

2. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

"What Will Our World Look Like in the Next 6 Months+"

We will go back to being a mess as usual.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)