Seattle And The Autonomous Region of Chaz

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (75 posts)
  1. GA Anderson profile image83
    GA Andersonposted 4 years ago

I have only what the media has presented as information. But what the hell . . .

It seems the city of Seattle has ceded a section of the city to anarchists/protestors.

The Right-wing media is also promoting that the Mayor of Seattle is talking with these people as serious participants.

Apparently a complete police percent, (area and building), have been ceded to the anarchists/protestors as the autonomous nation of Chaz. Businesses extorted to be allowed to open and no police presence to enforce the rule of law for American citizens.

Do I have it wrong, or is this just nuts?

Can this problem, (the Mayor's actions), be laid at the feet of Progressive Liberal policies of appeasement and acquiescence?

GA

1. gmwilliams profile image83
      gmwilliamsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Man oh man oooh man......where are we going?   2020 could be adequately described as a cataclysmically tumultuous year.   Gus, at this point, NOTHING SURPRISES ME ANYMORE.  I shall leave it at that.  Now, I am going to have a martini & rare steak garnished with pickled red onions while I watch Dr. Zhivago!   Have a lovely night.    I wonder what more SURPRISES 2020 has.....IN STORE!!!!  Remember the Temptations song, BALL OF CONFUSION.   This is the song that comes to mind in relation to 2020.

GA Andersonposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Unlike you, I am surprised Grace,  I was aware that Seattle was a very Progressive city, but to acquiesce to what can only be described as anarchists is a stark wake-up call for me.

My next thought is to wonder what the citizens of Seattle think of this development.

GA

1. wilderness profile image95
          wildernessposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Absolutely Seattle is a progressive city.  They "progressed" into driving business out and now into driving the people themselves out. 

But have no fear - it is still a haven for illegal aliens.  They will maintain order and keep the city coffers full! big_smile

2. Sharlee01 profile image89
          Sharlee01posted 4 years agoin reply to this

GA, I don't think anyone at this point care what the citizens think in Seattle. Zero, nobody. Oh, except President Trump, but why go there...

It's clear the mayor and Governor are not considering the majority of the taxpaying citizens. It is clear the people that have built their new country don't care what those outside their country think.  I guess if the citizens of Seattle better figure something out, maybe realize they have the wrong people in their government might be a good place to start. Maybe even ost these two fools, and request Federal help to bring law and order to their city. It seems too easy, but that's just might be the problem.

It's becoming more and more evident that this now has become a very dangerous situation, and clearly a well-planned takeover and backed by most likely ANTIFA or some other wonderful left organization.  Oh well, can't blame this one on white supremacists.   Being a conservative, I have always cherished my second amendment.

I never actually thought I would need it. Guess the forefathers were pretty dam smart.

2. profile image0
        savvydatingposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Dr, Zhivago? Hmmm.. not feeling it. But the steak sounds pretty good. wink

2. Ken Burgess profile image74
      Ken Burgessposted 4 years agoin reply to this

You have it correct, it has been going on for days now.

They have taken control of the entire area, use armed guards at the entry points to restrict who and what comes in.

I believe they have taken over a hotel within that zone, and only destroy the properties of those who try and resist them.

Police have ceded the area entirely, all of Seattle pretty much, only the most urgent 911 calls will be responded to.

Robbery, assault, vandalism and anything not considered life threatening goes unanswered... for most if not all of the city.

As this has been allowed for days to go unchallenged (in fact the Mayor or Seattle told President Trump to go back to his bunker and hide when he tweeted out that she needed to do something).  I suspect we may see this re-enacted in other cities soon.

As the local officials tell their police force to stand down, or that they are going to be disbanded or unfunded, it makes sense that these groups will begin to occupy and take control of sections of other cities.

They are having trouble getting food supplies though... and I can only imagine what will happen when the power company decides to cut power to the area or the water supply gets cut.

3. profile image0
      savvydatingposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Personally, I am offended by the name Chaz. They should have named it "Heather" or something unisex like "Rowan. " 

Meh....Once they run out of food and attention, their little district will be "Gone With the Wind"

4. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 4 years agoin reply to this

All I'm going to say is when shit hits the fan, I wonder how many of them are going to go from saying "Fuck the police" to suddenly wishing they had them back.

2. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 4 years ago

Apparently it didn't take long for protection rackets to begin, as businesses are reported to now have to pay "protection" to open.  Citizens are also being required to show ID to enter, even if they live there.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/seattle-law- … s-too-late

Yes, it is a direct result of liberal policies of appeasement and acquiescence.  Anarchy is an odd result for those wanting government control to the nth degree, but there it is, right before us.

I have to wonder just who is going to do what when a fight breaks out or the drug dealers come in.  When a home is broken into or a daughter is raped.  Will they perform a citizens arrest and detain them (it's called "kidnapping")?  Will they just shoot them (it's called "murder")?  Or is it a case of "anything goes"?

3. profile image0
    PrettyPantherposted 4 years ago

Yes, it's nuts. I wonder if it will last as long as this siege did?

https://www.oregonlive.com/portland/201 … 41_da.html

1. Ken Burgess profile image74

HAH... comparing  a handful of whackos taking over a wildlife refuge to thousands taking over a good chunk of a major American city is laughable.

1. profile image0
        PrettyPantherposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Actually, they didn't take it over. The mayor and police boarded up the station and left .The armed wackos in Oregon seized the refuge and threatened townspeople, The unarmed wackos in Seattle are welcoming anyone except police or armed wackos.

All that said, it's still nuts,

Free Food, Free Speech and Free of Police: Inside Seattle’s ‘Autonomous Zone’

Wonder where they think all this free food is going to come from?  I saw one report saying they were already begging for more food to give away.

1. profile image0

I don't know. Donations? I think it was just some free food, not three meals a day for everyone there.

2. Ken Burgess profile image74

OK... thank you for that, I got a good laugh... nearly choked on a pistachio.

There are far more armed whackos in that group that has occupied the Seattle Free Zone than there were active participants of that seized refuge.

…. Half hour later....

I went to grab the link to the video that showed the armed protestors, but those videos and any evidence of armed people the "Free Zone" seem to have been wiped off of YouTube.

It was easy for me just to check my History on my YouTube channel... they are gone.  And just about any reports in the local news has been cleaned up as well.

I was however able to find this... at least it has something about it.

https://www.citizenfreepress.com/breaki … extortion/

I found that, too.  When I first looked there were guns everywhere.  Now all gone - couldn't find an armed man anywhere.

Nice to have a news network showing unbiased pictures, isn't it?

Google (which owns youtube) and the majority of the media do not want Americans aware of how dangerous this group is.

They want America to think they are righteous hippy-like protestors, protesting racism inherent in the system and police.

They don't want Antifa brought up, they don't want Anarchists brought up, they even try to minimize the mention of BLM.

One has to keep in mind, the ultimate goal for the Left (which controls most media outlets as well as Google, Twitter, etc.) is to oust Trump as President and oust the Republican majority as well.  They want to paint Trump, the police and anything else that could be considered Conservative in the worst possible light.

What I do know is that the escalation has not peaked, and the worst has yet to occur.

3. GA Anderson profile image83

Yes, the police did board up the station, one building, but it is the armed wackos, (according to news shots of armed anarchists) that have barricaded the access to what was described as a six-block area.

Seattle’s Autonomous Zone Has Its First Warlord; Local Rapper Raz Simone Takes Over
          https://hubstatic.com/15059466.jpg

The Seattle 'zone', which includes apartment buildings and businesses, also contains the Seattle Police Department's East Precinct, which cops abandoned on Monday after receiving a threat that the station would be overrun and burned down

https://hubstatic.com/15059524.jpg

A map created by protesters shows the 'Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone', or CHAZ, in Seattle, where protesters are manning barricades and controlling entry

https://hubstatic.com/15059525.jpg

This looks a lot different than your Oregon occupation.

GA

1. profile image0

Yes, it is different. Let's hope the occupation ends without anyone getting killed, unlike the Oregon occupation.  Where did you find those pics?

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-ne … ut-police/

The pictures came from Google image search.

GA

There had been videos posted by on the scene protestors and/or bystanders early yesterday morning, including one that showed physical attacks taking place.

They were all removed from youtube when I went looking yesterday evening. 

Very interesting how within the span of a day, they worked to scrub most evidence or mention of armed occupiers from existence.

History and reality being rewritten right before our eyes.

I don't know about any specific videos that you might be referencing Ken, but I did find tons of videos about CHAZ with a simple youtube search.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ … attle+chaz

GA

GA,

I am sure you did, just not the videos that had been put up 36 hours ago that showed the armed protesters were present.

Also mention of the presence of Antifa and Anarchists is all but ignored.

This territory was seized through violence, that police precinct had been under duress for two weeks.

They have set up border walls, and armed checkpoints to keep out undesirables.

They also have their own internal patrols to keep 'order'.

They've invented a parallel society doing exactly the same things they have been protesting about (border walls, checkpoints, police force).

They don't really want change, they just want power.

2. GA Anderson profile image83

I remember that standoff. But I don't think taking control of a National Refuge building compares to taking over blocks and blocks of a large city.

I can't imagine it being allowed to go on for 41 days either.

GA

3. Readmikenow profile image94
      Readmikenowposted 4 years agoin reply to this

The Bundys took over the headquarters of a National Wildlife Refuge...not parts of a city.  No businesses or people were ever threatened.  When people went to visit, they would give them a meal and talk to them.  This was a protest.  Everyone expected to get arrested.  They wanted to draw attention to their cause and what the federal government had done to ranchers in the area.

They didn't post a flag and say it was a new country...etc.

"The organizers were seeking an opportunity to advance their view that the federal government is constitutionally required to turn over most of the federal public land they manage to the individual states, in particular land managed by the Bureau of Land Management (BLM), United States Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS), United States Forest Service (USFS), and other agencies. In 2015, the militants believed they could do this by protesting the treatment of two area ranchers convicted of federal land arson, who they believed were wrongly convicted. This is despite the fact that the men in question, father and son Dwight and Steven Dwight Hammond, did not want their help. The occupation began when Bundy led an armed party to the refuge headquarters following a peaceful public rally in the nearby city of Burns."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occupatio … ecreation.

I think there is a huge difference between what the Bundy family did and the Seattle protesters.

4. Kenna McHugh profile image92
    Kenna McHughposted 4 years ago
    1. Sharlee01 profile image89

Thank you for sharing this link.  Very poignant.

5. Readmikenow profile image94
    Readmikenowposted 4 years ago

https://hubstatic.com/15059591.jpg

6. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image80
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 4 years ago
  7. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image80

Book a vacation to the free state of chaz, or antifastan. Anarchist utopia ran by democrats. Peace, love, joy, luxury accommodations, thought provoking art work - they've got it all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaf6bql … e=youtu.be

8. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 4 years ago

Quite a long read, from a witness to the whole thing, but I think it says all that needs saying.  If neither the state of Washington nor the city of Seattle will protect the people that live there then it's time for someone that WILL do so to move forward.

https://www.facebook.com/josh.pearce.16 … 7442269458

I disagree, I think it's wiser to let the Governor handle this. Perhaps the citizens should speak up if they desire something to be done about the new country in the middle of their city. It's their state, their city. Maybe they need to protest?  Yeah really. The Federal Government should stay out of this. Let this bunch either rise or fall all on their own.

Problem is that the Governor isn't handling it.  Instead a large part of the city is turned over to those that do not own it.  Last I heard there were some 500 homes in the CHAZ, with people that now have to provide ID to get to their homes, and who may be kicked out at any time.

That's not to speak of the business owners that now have to pay a protection racket (sounds like the '20's Mafia, right?) to open their store. 

The rights of these people are NOT being protected, and neither are their lives and property. It has simply being given away to anarchists that have no ownership at all, whether financially, culturally or in any other manner; that are domestic enemies of the people and the country.

Given that, send in the troops and clear them out.

1. profile image0

To be clear, I don't support this occupation any more than I did the one in Oregon. However, it has only been a few days and I'm sure officials are working to end it as peacefully as possible, For once I agree with Sharlee. Let the city and state handle it. The Feds should only step in if requested.

2. Sharlee01 profile image89

You do realize many could be hurt or killed if push comes to shove?  Washington state is a very liberal state.  I do realize many people live in the Chaz zone and many businesses are affected.  It should be up to them to come up with solutions. It seems no one that lives or has businesses in the zone have complained.  Why do you feel the Federal Government should be called in when the citizens actually ae not complaining?

Different strokes for different folks. If someone came to my little part of the world(My neighborhood) they would have been run out by my neighbors and me... You might have guessed I am a conservative, and so are my neighbors, we believe in the second amendment. We would protect our homes, our neighborhood,.We support the police and are glad to have them, and would demand their help if we had an uprising.

Liberals do things differently. At this point, it appears they do not see Chaz as a problem.   They have not asked for any law enforcement to step in.

I say let them handle their own problems their own way. They are the ones that have to live with their new order or should I say no order. If the federal Gov gets mixed up trying to make things right for the citizens that are living in Chaz, these very citizens may feel their ideals are threatened. They just might turn and fight the troops that came to restore order. I call this kind of logic half-ass backward logic.  Left and right just don't think the same as a rule. Time we all realize that and stop butting heads.

Let Seattle handle Seattle or should I say, Chaz... Remember Kent State

Can't go with you on this one, Sharlee.

First, I don't see some 500 homeowners plus however many business owners as all far left liberal.  Second, you're saying it is up to the people to protect themselves...something that is on the opposite end of the political spectrum from liberalism.

Then there's the problem of "They have not asked for any law enforcement to step in."  Can we expect the governor, the chief of police or anyone else in Seattle/Washington government to tell us when their citizens express discontent with how they handling the problem?  I think not - any complaints (including to liberal media) will never see the light of day.

No, I am not saying they should protect themselves, I am saying they have not asked for anyone's help as of yet if they prefer to handle this themselves they should be given the chance.  It is a dangerous road to go down to just assume they want troops to intervene, and rush in. You have a good point, we do not know if any of the citizens affected have requested help or are dissatisfied with how this is being handled by the Governor and Mayor. Time will tell.

Hopefully, these protesters run out of steam. Very bad situation and many could be hurt or killed if they resort to using guns. I believe in law and order, but this is a powder keg.

A classical error in thinking that appears to be shared by many.

How much more do you suppose is possible over and above the abandonment of police stations, the occupation of city areas, rioting, looting, assault, etc.?

I think the powder keg is all the non extremists, all the 'average joes" at home with their hunting rifles and pistols that wouldn't be caught dead living in cities like Seattle or NYC.

If these "protests" ever make their way into rural areas, you can bet things will get bloody.

1. profile image0

Why would they make their way into rural areas, Ken?
                  And why do you say "things will get bloody" if they do?

Because if you go breaking into businesses and homes in rural areas you get shot.

In cities like NYC and Seattle its not easy to own guns, and the population in general in most cities is anti-gun... the population is more reliant on Police handling things, and in NY especially taking action to defend yourself with a gun is more likely to lead to arrest and jail time than committing the actual crime of breaking and entering or assault.

In rural areas shop owners and home owners take it upon themselves to protect themselves, and in my county the Sherriff's office encourages people to carry weapons and protect themselves, their homes and businesses.

In my county in the last few years, two times police officers were being assaulted, one was shot after pulling someone over, and ordinary citizens came to their defense, shooting the assailant.

If our Sheriff's office was under attack in my county, there would be thousands of people coming to its defense.

Keep it in the liberal cities... if it goes into rural areas, there will be blood.

2. Credence2 profile image80
                  Credence2posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Ken, Your right wing have always proved to have the greater penchant toward violence, just look at the body count coming from their "extremist" organizations.

So, from my of view, I know who it is that I really need to look out for.

I prefer progressive cities over conservative strongposts. So, long live Seattle, it is a really cool city, ever been there? So, what am I doing in Florida?

San Francisco, Denver, Honolulu, Portland and more does it for me.

3. Sharlee01 profile image89

Ken, I did point your sentiment out in one of my previous comments in regard to my own conservative neighborhood, the guns would come out, and there would be bloodshed. It is so unreal to think it's come this far to have to consider protecting one's home.

I am hoping Chaz can be handled peacefully, I feel these people although breaking the law are remaining peaceful. Hopefully, they get their point across and disperse without violence. 

Here in Michigan last week the protesters from BLM have had protested in some of our better communities and small towns. They have been peaceful. However,  It is clear our citizens are becoming angry and demanding if there is any form of law-breaking it is shut down with police force. Threatening if the police won't do their job handling lawbreakers the citizens will be doing the peacekeeping.  Here in my community, there have been protested at the police stations, getting just that point across. These are men, women, and children...  Our local social media is also alerting to be ready for more BLM protests. Yesterday they vandalized a huge rock in the small town of Romeo, (The Romeo Rock just a huge rock that welcomes people to Romeo)  just a small picturesque town where antiques are sold. The town is made up of apple farmers, small business owners, and beautiful old homes. Not sure why BLM feels the need to protest there. It's a black and white community where they all get along and are proud people that have lived side by side from the mid-1800s.

I have never been so scared that this will erupted into citizens picking up guns and using them.

I prefer to let the protesters in Chaz be heard, and pack up and go home before our Federal Government sends in troops. It appears so far the protest in Chaz has been peaceful.

My fear is that ANTIFA could be behind this, and using the peaceful citizens as shields, and are looking for a fight with the Fed Gov.

I should have qualified my statement, it is evident that many of the northern  and west coast states have different mindsets regarding weapons and the use of them than most southern states.

States like GA, AZ, AL, FL, TX are still gun friendly states with many police jurisdictions that encourage the people to protect and defend themselves.

It absolutely was one of the reasons why I chose to move to FL, where I have the right to defend myself against anyone entering into my home, and against anyone who attacks me or my family.

In a state like NY you are certain to face prosecution for attempted murder/manslaughter if you defend yourself, even in your home.   
                    If I remember correctly, NY law requires that you take every means possible to flee, rather than confront someone who is illegally entering your home.

Many northern and west coast states have similar laws and restrictions.

9. Credence2 profile image80
    Credence2posted 4 years ago

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat … 173968001/

It is the usual over reaction from the ratty right, there has been no extortion of business and compared with that stupid armed Oregon protest some time ago, this affair is totally innocuous.

So, once again, I tell the right winger to PUT A SOCK in IT.

1. profile image0

Whew! I was beginning to think I was the only person to think this way.

1. Credence2 profile image80
        Credence2posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Panther, rest assured, you certainly are not!! I am sure that once people are done with meet and greet, they will move along.

The Oregon standoff produced at least one fatality, where were all the conservatives and their outrage, then?

2. wilderness profile image95

Gotta love it when a far left idiot says there are "no formal reports of extortion to police...when there are no police to report to, right?

Left wingers need to PUT A SOCK IN IT themselves.  Or give the are back to those that built it, instead of giving it to anarchists that have no skin in the game at all.

1. profile image0

You do not think that a person couldn't pick up the phone and report extortion? Heck, they could probably film it, too.

LOL  Would YOU do that?  Who would you report it to?  Those that gave away your livelihood to a batch of hoods in the first place, or to the artists painting graffiti on your property?

It's pretty much guaranteed that if you DID report such illegal activity you wouldn't have a store (or maybe your life) any more - that's what happened with the Mafia and there isn't any difference, not at the root, is there?

1. profile image0

You're being awfully dramatic. Yes, I would report it if I were being extorted. Sheesh.

I ask again - who would you report to?  The only person that has even offered help, let along actually taking measures to protect them, is our President.

Outside of that they have been completely abandoned by government and all it's authority, whether police, mayor, governor and even the national guard.

But I like the "dramatic" comment, even if it's twisted completely out of anything real.  The drama is coming from the criminals and rioters, not from those on the outside giving honest opinions untainted by far left politics.  They are the ones using the death of a man as an excuse to take over millions (billions?) of dollars worth of property from people completely innocent of any wrongdoing.  They are the ones flaunting national and local laws in the name of "justice".  They are the ones destroying public and private property. 

You want true drama?  Drama from real life, from one that witnessed the whole thing?  Read the link I gave earlier, from a national guardsman ordered and required to give away any rights of the people, to refuse protection for the people of the city, to stand aside and watch as Antifa and other rioters simply took whatever they wanted.

1. profile image0

One thing is clear, and perhaps I am stating the obvious, but right-wingers seem vastly more fearful of this occupation than they were when armed protesters seized the Malheur Refuge.

And, my word, do you think the entire police force in Seattle has left? You really think extortion could not easily be reported by phone?

I am not in any way minimizing what is happening in Seattle, but you do sound like Tucker Carlson on steroids. ;-)

Third time - who would you report to?  Who are you going to report extortion to, that has not already abandoned you to your own devices? 

Somehow that little question, central to the problem, is being ignored.

I would think if anyone that has a home or business in Chaz they come and go. They could certainly report any problems to another police station outside of Chaz.  Common sense should tell us we don't need any more deaths. You do realize another black man was shot running from the police in Atlanta last night.  We have lots of fires going on at the same time, do we need a huge five-alarm fire in a make-believe city called Chaz?

2. profile image0

Geez, wilderness, a phone call can be made to any precinct in Seattle. I thought the answer was obvious the first time, and when you asked me again, I said you're acting as though the entire Seattle police force has left, figuring you would know a phone call can be made to any precinct, not to mention 911 is still functional. Let me spell it out for you: a citizen in the CHAZ zone can make a phone call anywhere in the world, including any precinct in Seattle. Get it now?

10. GA Anderson profile image83
    GA Andersonposted 4 years ago

Yes, it does offer a good gound-level perspective.  Thanks for the link.

But it only begins to say it all. Next, we should hear from the Seattle residents that have been abandoned by their elected officials.

But . . . unless those residents ask for help I think the president should hold back on using any Federal force.

GA

Same question, GA - who should they ask for help?  The governor that abandoned them?  The Mayor that did the same?  The police that also left them to rot?  The national guard?

Who should they ask for help?  I think it goes without saying that any letters (or phone calls) to the Governor is going to be shuttled right into "file 13" - they will never see the light of day.

The best bet would be a public outcry—call the media, (conservative media of course), go outside and stage a counter-protest. A Republican Congressman/woman, the White House, and just to cover their bases—their buddy or relative that has the guns.

There isn't a non-extreme answer to your question, because as you have noted, all traditional avenues of societal law and order have abandoned them.

But, if they don't speak out first then we don't know that they are not just okay with their situation?

I think you might assume they are not okay with their situation. I assume they are not okay with it, but I don't think the president should invoke Federal authority, (if he has it), on an assumption.

GA

I don't think it possible or reasonable to think that all 500 homeowners and all the business owners are OK with it.  Nor does it make a bit of difference if there is only one that isn't - that's all it takes to declare that the law must be enforced.

11. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image80

https://hubstatic.com/15061748.jpg

Heh. The Marxist antifa democrat can't grow a plant to save their lives. And these are the resistance, the revolutionaries.

These people would have died on the first day Stalin had them breaking rocks, and these are the people who insult you on the internet.

12. Sharlee01 profile image89
    Sharlee01posted 4 years ago

Chaz is no longer being used to describe the six-block autonomous zone. The new name is CHOP (Capitol Hill Occupied Protest).

1. gmwilliams profile image83
      gmwilliamsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

One can rightfully state that the INMATES are now in CHARGE.   Some factions of America are practicing INVERSE LOGIC if you ask me.  There is a reversal of what is reasonable & logical.   Some parts of America is becoming the Wild Wild West literally.

No, not the wild west.  Liberals took the guns away from those that respected the law first.

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image80
          Wesman Todd Shawposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I wonder where that one old dumb dude is right now. The guy who spends all his time wanting to disarm law abiding persons, so they can be preyed upon by armed criminals.

I hope he has wept. These past few weeks have shown so many millions why they need to own firearms.

That person's entire reason for spending time on Hubpages networks has died, and been quickly buried. I'd be sad for him except that I want him to be miserable about it.

I posted a link a while ago where the rednecks of Coeur D' Alene, Id. heard the rioters were coming in vans from nearby Spokane, Wa. and patrolled the town with their faux "assault rifles" that night.  Not a hint of damage, no one hurt at all, a peaceful night of actual protesting as the vans turned around and went home.  A "soft" target was needed and that town did not provide one.

Yes, we're seeing a reason to own the tools for self defense.  Bet the people if CHAZ understand it even better!

13. Sharlee01 profile image89
    Sharlee01posted 4 years ago

CHOP has turned the keys to their new world zone back to the people of Seattle. Two killed and numerous others injured, and a couple rapes... Well, all good things must come to an end.

Seattle police have retaken the East Precinct after clearing out the protest area known as the Capitol Hill Organized Protest, or CHOP, making more than a dozen arrests after Mayor Jenny Durkan declared the gathering an unlawful assembly.

Did CHOP in any respect accomplish any positive change for the people of Seattle?

"Against the backdrop of national discussion around how to reimagine public safety in the United States, Seattle’s local government leaders have been moving forward with promises to reduce the Seattle Police Department (SPD) budget, although significant disagreement exists over how much funding should be removed. While four Seattle City Councilmembers so far have called for SPD budget reductions of 50%, Mayor Jenny Durkan has currently proposed cutting only 5% from SPD’s budget, which was approximately $410 million in 2020. She has also vowed to share with the public budget scenarios that would represent what reductions of 20%, 30%, and 50% would look like."

Well maybe CHOP will have provided Seattle with a smaller footprint in regards to Law enforcement.  This was one of their demands...

Odd, isn't it, how Durkin's opinion suddenly changed when the mob protested in her private, gated community?  When they broke down the iron gate and marched on her house they were suddenly dangerous and CHAZ had to be cleared out as an "unlawful assembly".

(This was the event where two people were shown, one woman with a pistol and her husband with an "assault" rifle, telling protesters to get off their private land.  They were marching to the mayor's house there to complain.)

I don't find her change of heart odd... I find it hypocritical and scattered brain. Nothing surprises me when it comes to some liberal minds. I mean she was fine with the protesters taking over a place where 500 citizens resided, and lots of business had to suffer due to closing down. But come into her neighborhood...  How dare they. BLM until ya come around my neighborhood, then not so much.

White people are all for protesting, but they go home and leave a pretty big mess for black people to clean up. Not sure BLM should hook up with do-gooder. Just saying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQCBraUWTPc

Sorry for being so direct and sarcastic, but not in any mood for walking on eggshells. This mayor has created a big ugly problem that left two young black men dead, and many hurt. So, sick of liberal BS.

LOL  That was sarcasm, Sharlee.  I agree with you.

(did you mean White people are all for pretesting, or [/i]while[/i] people...?)

What I was expressing was --- and should have most likely been clearer in my phrasing. Perhaps --- "some white people are prone to protest for a cause they feel strongly about. However, it would seem in the case of the recent BLM protests the white citizens have or will run out out of steam and return to their homes, feeling all justified, and I might add even feel a new sense of pride...  However, they accomplish nothing and left a big old mess for the people they had hoped to help. LOL

I must add, it seems the Dem's are moving on to a new Hoax -- Impeaching AG Barr. Can you even keep up with all the dirty political Dem ploys? One would think they would slow down, they go from one crazy thing to the next. They just keep shoveling the feed to their base.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)