Biden's Already Saved the U.S. $1.5 Million

Jump to Last Post 1-2 of 2 discussions (29 posts)
  1. Valeant profile image87
    Valeantposted 11 months ago

Estimates say Trump costed around $36 million a year in golf, so that's $3 million a month.  Biden's been President for two weeks and hasn't golfed once.  So half a month without golf equals $1.5 million in savings so far.

https://trumpgolfcount.com/

1. Sharlee01 profile image84
      Sharlee01posted 11 months agoin reply to this

I am pleased to hear he is not out on the golf course. This man appears very lethargic most of the time.  Not a good idea to have him out doing much of anything. Very pleased to see he is staying close to home. And yes, he will be offsetting all the other money we have lost in the past three weeks.  Did you ever have a look-see on the cost of belonging to WHO and Pairs Climate Accord?  And then there is his huge nonsensical stimulus package.  Oh well.  Maybe we should just put him in a golf cart after all. ("Weekend At Bernies" comes to mind).

Valeantposted 11 months agoin reply to this

The guy who jogs over to the press and is out biking all the time appears lethargic to you?  Remind me the last time Trump jogged...that's lethargy.  And didn't Biden just set a new record with Executive Orders to start a Presidency?  Not bad for a lethargic guy, I guess. 

For someone who claims to base posts on facts, the evidence seems to be going against your claim.

I think Trump is very overweight, and one can see he could care less about his health.  But his energy level seems pretty good.

I had a look-see on Youtube. There are several clips of Joe running and biking... I will give this one to you. Who knew!

I noticed you ignored Joe's spending habits. He has been on a real spree for just being in office for three weeks. The facts are he sighed us up to spend a ton of cash on "Old Boy" Club Organizations"  That money could be put to better use.

"While the U.S. had been the largest funder of the WHO, providing between $400 million to $500 million each year, the Trump administration suspended financial support to the organization last year, pending a review of its COVID-19 response, and initiated a process to formally withdraw U.S. membership. On his first day in office President, Joe Biden reversed this decision, and the administration has indicated it will restore U.S. funding to WHO."  https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covid-1 … anization/

"Who funds the Paris climate agreement?
          In 2016, the Obama administration gave a $500 million grant to the "Green Climate Fund" as "the first chunk of a $3 billion commitment made at the Paris climate talks." So far, the Green Climate Fund has received over $10 billion in pledges."

I would think these two organizations will be very glad to see us in the fold once again.

Joe is spending like a drunken sailor.

I cannot argue with Joe spending like a drunken sailor.  Accurate. 

Expecting viruses or climate to just get better on their own hasn't been a solution.  And he was elected on being pro-science and to fight climate change, so allocating monetary resources to those causes will likely be supported by the 81 million in his base. 

We'll have to see if he increases the national debt by $7.9 trillion in his four years.  That's the mark just set.

Some right here at HP's forum have commented on "Trump adding so much to the National Debt. When I pointed out no one could not have predicted a pandemic and its outrageous costs, and that Trump certainly should not be blamed for the bulging National Debt.

WHO was a very big part of why the virus got so out of control over the world. And do some research into the PCA. Climate change is no joke, but the PCA is.

Well in regard to Biden increasing the debt he added 1.9 trillion and ticking, and all In three weeks. Or do we only count COVID stimulus cash if Trump had to spend it?

Correction, he's willing to spend $1.9 trillion, which Congress has not approved yet.  And of course whatever is allocated will count for Biden's tally.

As for the WHO and PCA, I trust your position on those as much as I trust claims on systemic election fraud.

Yes, it has not been approved yet. I have never supported the theory that there was systemic election fraud. I felt there was voter fraud, as we know occurs in most elections in America, and it would not be enough to change the election.  I noticed some liberals seem to feel they can say whatever comes into their mind. It seems to give them some form of satisfaction, even if the statement is untrue. Very odd

And I notice that Trump supporters seem to want to attack most government organizations and think that living in constant chaos is the best way to conduct a civilized society.  That's very odd as well.

2. Sharlee01 profile image84

I am so sure you are aware that science conflicts with what causes true climate changes. So, I won't go there. And as I implied I don't hold COVID stimulus expenditure against either Trump or Biden. Although we both know lots of the last stimulus cash has not yet been spent, and once again we have a lot of non-related Covid cash clinging to the new package.

Science is a funny animal when it comes to climate changes, not as simple as the Government would like you to think it is. Have a long look at the Pairs Climate Accord.  It is not all that cracked up to be what it pronounces to be. They set out lots of proclamations and goals. They do nothing to enforce those goals. Very expensive club to belong to, one gets very little for all the dues. Seems Biden is spending money to keep votes in place.  I  find this form of politicking practice distasteful. Just my view

2. profile image0
          PrettyPantherposted 11 months agoin reply to this

Remember, Trumpers judge people very differently than others do. They look at a calm, intelligent, thoughtful person like Obama or Biden and see "boring" and "lethargic." Conversely, they look at a lying, bullying,  braggart like Trump and see "confident" and "decisive." As for describing Trump as "energetic," that one really makes me chuckle. The guy rarely put in more than 4-6 hours of real work per day. Oh, I forgot, Trumpers think "executive time" spent watching TV and tweeting counts as work.

But, back to the subject of your OP....I am gloriously happy we are no longer supporting that lazy a$$'s golf and TV habits. big_smile

Edit: Remember when Trump rode in a golf cart while the other G7 leaders walked? Ah....the memories. lol

2. Ken Burgess profile image91
      Ken Burgessposted 11 months agoin reply to this

Wow... that's awesome.

Back in the 90s our government passed NAFTA which allowed businesses (jobs) to flow freely out of the US by the millions.

Trump actually kept his pledge to amend NAFTA and make it more US friendly.  Something the other nations as well as many corporations fought him on.

https://apnews.com/article/222da26d3fe4 … 194addfc6f

Then there was the ACA, also known as Obamacare, that wonderful bit of work helped make the major Insurance companies into regional monopolies while making the smaller more niche Insurance companies go out of business... which in turn allowed the "only game in town" Insurance companies to increase their rates by over 100% a year,

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/10/25 … -premiums/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothec … -premiums/

And if you couldn't afford to pay those rates, that's OK you can go without Insurance, you just have to pay a small penalty at the end of the year, a couple thousand dollars, no big deal.

Trump did away with that "penalty" fee, but our caring government will soon reinstate it (if Biden hasn't done so already).

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/05/joe-bid … nalty.html

But what happened to the Small Insurance companies and competition within the business is nothing to how this Pandemic has crushed Small Business in particular in the retail and services industries... but hey, no restrictions on those Walmart or Target chains baby, too big to fail, too big to hold them to any standards that the small guy has to contend with.

Gotta love Biden though, his first acts are targeting some of the remaining businesses that have not been scuttled by this pandemic, bless his heart for being so quick and decisive to go after them.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 … -in-space/

https://kvia.com/news/texas/2021/01/28/ … gulations/

https://www.pri.org/stories/2021-01-22/ … -relations

But, hey, you're right, its awesome that he is saving so much money by not being out golfing.  That makes a huge difference when considering the bigger issues, doesn't it?

1. gmwilliams profile image84
        gmwilliamsposted 11 months agoin reply to this

Ken, totally agree with your premise.   The Biden blinders are on with some people.  Biden like Obumler are disaster but Biden will be a wrecking ball for America.   In 4 years, you will not recognize America- as it will become a cesspool.  Then there will be a Republican president who won't take any nonsense from the current Liberals & put the latter in their place. Oh yes, Biden is a joke.   A bubbling, mediocre joke.  Don't respect him at all.

2. Valeant profile image87

First off, Musk was having issues with government regulation already back in December.  Remind us who was President in December?  Biden's FAA gave him clearance, after SpaceX got into compliance, to perform his latest test this past Tuesday.  You linking to an article claiming Biden grounded SpaceX is disingenuous, at best.

And those poor oil and gas companies with their $55 billion in profits.  Let me get out my tiny violin about those added regulations.
        https://www.taxpayer.net/energy-natural … s-profits/

NAFTA to the USMCA moved a few percentages, that's about it.  It'll likely just mean that Mexican workers get a pay raise in union jobs.  As you've argued ad nauseum, manufacturing has been under pressure from China and many economists actually argue that NAFTA helps North American companies compete by lowering costs, increased productivity, and improving cross-border supply chains.

https://www.cfr.org/backgrounder/naftas-economic-impact

As for the ACA, you're discussing nongroup markets which encompass about 10.6 million Americans.  Health insurers have been gauging Americans for decade as noted by the growth in premiums: The total average family plan cost increased by 43 percent from 2008 to 2016, but it went up more than double that rate — 97 percent — from 2000 to 2008.  No denying that deductibles have increased however.  It's part of the reason many are pushing for a public option.

https://www.factcheck.org/2017/03/emplo … d-the-aca/

2. Live to Learn profile image73
    Live to Learnposted 11 months ago

Nice.  Had he not offset that by allowing thousands of people to freely enter the US, thus putting millions at unnecessary risk (millions who have been quarantining, wearing masks, losing their businesses to mandatory shutdowns) by possibly bringing more cases across our borders; we might think he had really saved us money.

Would love to see the proof that thousands have crossed the border in the last two weeks.  Please provide that, otherwise I think you're just making a false claim.

It appears border crossings were already increasing under the Trump Administration:
      https://apnews.com/article/mexico-coron … d80be1c130

1. Live to Learn profile image73
        Live to Learnposted 11 months agoin reply to this

Lol. The executive order he signed,  if challenges fall short, will certainly result in a higher number than I suggested.

Time will tell if golfing savings will offset costs involved in allowing virtually unfettered entry into this country.

I agree with you that granting amnesty to the 11 million or so already here illegally sends the wrong message, one that says if you can get past our border laws, you will be granted citizenship.  That's not the right policy, a slap in the face to those who go through the process of legal immigration, and a divergence from Obama who deported the most people in history.

Biden's certainly not openly stating he will allow people unfettered entry if they are not already here, that's a pretty big exaggeration.

1. GA Anderson profile image88
            GA Andersonposted 11 months agoin reply to this

I agree with both parts of your comment, but I think Pres. Biden is facing a huge challenge in coming up with a plan to deal with the numbers that are and will be drawn to the U.S. based on the perception, (due to the campaign and new administration's comments), that they will not be barred from the gates.

I don't think we have the logistical structure to handle new immigrant efforts in the manner the president is proposing. It will be interesting to see what he does differently from previous administrations. (no, that was not an opening to bash Trump's policies.  It was a plural reference that also includes Obama's time and was an honest admission that this will be a major challenge)

GA

1. wilderness profile image95
              wildernessposted 11 months agoin reply to this

It's pretty easy to correctly predict a very large influx of illegals into the country.  Whereupon the ranks of both DACA and others will grow while Congress does nothing about it.

Yes, I think it is easy to predict larger numbers coming our way, but I am having trouble getting a handle on just what the president's EO means for folks, (both the illegals and our DHS personnel), on the ground.

His declaration: Stop deportations for the next 100 days seems pretty clear, but I have found too many conflicting interpretations and guidances to have a clear understanding of just who those stopped deportations apply to.

According to the official DHS directive, all the really bad guys, (the felons, criminals, and national security risks, etc.), will still be deported. And that same directive says the order only applies to folks that got here before Nov. 1, 2020. So it appears the stopping of deportations won't apply to those that came/come after that date.

Then there is the confusing "Release them all" email chain and the inference of very conflicting action messages to the rank and file of DHS and ICE at the border. This particular message confuses things even more. It turns out that the action was directed at Covid-19 positive risks, but it doesn't differentiate between new arrivals and pre-Nov. 1 arrivals. So, if a new arrival is Covid positive do they too immediately get released?

It does seem clear that the boots on the ground may be as confused as I am. I can easily see them erring on the wrong side and letting more be released than should be.

GA

1. IslandBites profile image89
                  IslandBitesposted 11 months agoin reply to this

Then there is the confusing "Release them all" email chain and the inference of very conflicting action messages to the rank and file of DHS and ICE at the border. This particular message confuses things even more. It turns out that the action was directed at Covid-19 positive risks, but it doesn't differentiate between new arrivals and pre-Nov. 1 arrivals. So, if a new arrival is Covid positive do they too immediately get released?

I dont think that's what it meant. It is not about people who might have Covid, but people who are at high risk if they get it.

Also, I believe that directive was retracted the same day.

You may or may not be right about the targeted Covid folks. If you are I think that means even more folks would be immediately released.

The "memo" that you spoke to wasn't a directive, at least not as officially as the "Directive" that the acting, (or assistant?), DHS director released., but that memo was ordered retracted the same day. However, I think that retraction was ordered because of the entirety of what was in the memo.  I think the clarifying emails in that chain did confirm that "Release them all" was the official instruction for the Covid HRD folks.

I am not standing firm on that interpretation because I didn't go back and confirm my understanding. I will just wait for more clarifications to hit the news cycle.

GA

2. GA Anderson profile image88

That was one of the things I credit former Pres,. Trump with. His actions intended to force Congress to do their job. Alas, that effort failed. And, apparently, is still failing under Pres. Biden.

This, (the DACA solution), is not the responsibility of the president, it is the responsibility of our Congress. And they are continuing to fail to meet their responsibilities.

GA

2. wilderness profile image95
            wildernessposted 11 months agoin reply to this

Except that if they can get by the border guards (easier without a physical barrier) then they can stay, for he has told ICE to stand down everywhere else and ignore the requirements of the law and his oath of office.  And the more illegals in the country the higher the cost; that 3M he supposedly saved by never taking a weekend pales in front of the billions illegals cost us.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)