Media and Government Corruption behind hiding Hunter Biden's Laptop

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (34 posts)
  1. Readmikenow profile image95
    Readmikenowposted 2 years ago

Many conservatives and members of the conservative media were openly mocked and ignored concerning the story behind Hunter Biden's laptop.  It turns out, THEY were right about it.

"51 defiant ‘intelligence’ experts refuse to apologize for falsely discrediting Hunter Biden story"

"When the New York Post brought to light Hunter Biden’s laptop in October 2020 just before the presidential election, 51 top intelligence experts all discredited the story that has now been verified by The New York Times and they steadfastly refuse to apologize for it.

These are current and former spies and high-ranking military officials who are supposed to ensure the safety of the United States. Instead, they ostensibly provided cover for President Joe Biden to get elected, claiming the laptop story “has the classic earmarks of a Russian information operation” in what many consider a Deep State operation designed to ensure former President Donald Trump did not get reelected.

The New York Post was smeared and censored for their reporting on the subject. Americans were banned from social media for mentioning it. After all that, the New York Times now admits the story was true on the eve of Hunter Biden being possibly indicted for criminal and tax-related crimes.

Former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, former Director of the CIA John Brennan, and former Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta were among those who signed a letter claiming that the laptop story was false."

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2022/03/19 … y-1214565/

1. James A Watkins profile image85
      James A Watkinsposted 2 years agoin reply to this

You are right on the money.

2. profile image69
      KC McGeeposted 2 years agoin reply to this

And those 51 intell experts knew full well biden was compromised before the 2020 election. That's how currupted they are.

3. Sharlee01 profile image81
      Sharlee01posted 2 years agoin reply to this

I am pleased to see the story is being covered at this point in the NYT. I am sure more journalist will also start reporting the facts that were uncovered a couple of years ago.   The evidence is damming and hopefully, now the investigation will look into every aspect of Hunter Biden's dealings with China, Russia, and his Ukraine dealings.

In my view, the media will heat up on this story in the weeks to come -- Hunter is toast, as well as all the crooks that signed that letter that the laptop story was false.  We have a slimy Government do we not?

I have always felt Joe Biden is compromised due to his son/family's grifts.

4. profile image69

When Biden's IQ test results came back as "Negative". He asked his wife; Does this mean I don't have to wear a mask?

2. profile image0
    savvydatingposted 2 years ago

Good luck getting the Left to care. They still believe Trump colluded with Russia even though that story was debunked long ago.

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2019 … a-dossier/

What they fail to realize is that Joe Biden is compromised given his and Hunter’s shady dealings with Russia, Ukraine, and China. If Joe Biden is compromised, so is our country. But then, having “Uncle Joe” as the president is a scandal in itself.

1. James A Watkins profile image85
      James A Watkinsposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Amen and right on! I agree wholeheartedly.

3. profile image69
    KC McGeeposted 2 years ago

And they wonder why true Americans don't trust our government. It's because they are rot to the core.

4. Readmikenow profile image95

This is the type of media we have in the US

"FLASHBACK: MSNBC, CNN, CBS told viewers Hunter Biden laptop story was Russian disinformation
    Liberal pundits were quick to label the laptop 'unverifiable,' 'disinformation,' and 'disgusting'"

The New York Times last week confirmed the authenticity of Hunter Biden’s missing laptop, a story which was originally dismissed as Russian disinformation by many liberal media outlets leading up to the 2020 presidential election.

Television hosts, guests and journalists quickly took to the airwaves in October 2020, reassuring viewers that the laptop was "unverifiable," likely tied to the Kremlin, and the product of a smear campaign orchestrated by former President Trump and his allies.

"We start this hour with the tale of international espionage connected to a close confidante of the President of the United States," MSNBC's Ali Velshi said on Oct. 17, 2020. "The president was reportedly warned that his personal attorney, former New York City mayor Rudy Giuliani was the target of a Russian intelligence operation, a story that is unraveling to reveal allegations of disinformation, dirty tricks and a federal probe over Russian efforts to disparage Joe Biden."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/msnbc-cnn … tion-media

1. profile image69

It's not a surprise. The CIA is knee deep into the Liberal news media, telling them what and what not to spew. Rearch "SAC in the CIA" and you will realize that that is exactly what happned within our own country before , during and after the 2020 election by the CIA.

Readmikenowposted 2 years agoin reply to this

You are right.

5. Readmikenow profile image95

This even upset Bill Barr

"Bill Barr says Joe Biden lied to Americans about Hunter Biden laptop: ‘I was very disturbed’

Former U.S. Attorney General Bill Barr appeared on "America Reports" Monday and said he was "shocked" to hear then-candidate Joe Biden lie about his son Hunter’s laptop during the 2020 presidential debate against then-President Donald Trump.

The New York Times recently confirmed the legitimacy of the laptop, breaking with the media’s earlier position that the laptop and its contents were "unverifiable" and the product of a "Russian disinformation campaign."

"America Reports" co-host John Roberts asked Barr where the Department of Justice (DOJ) investigation into the laptop could be headed, giving mention to a heated exchange between Barr and Trump referenced in the former attorney general’s book "One Damn Thing After Another."

Barr responded that he was "limited" in what he could discuss because of "possible ongoing investigations," but acknowledged that he was previously against injecting a criminal investigation against Biden’s son into the 2020 race without "definitive judgement" from the DOJ.

"Dammit, Mr. President, I am not going to talk to you about Hunter Biden. Period!," Barr allegedly told Trump in the months leading up to election day.

Barr maintained that he would have said the same thing today, asserting that he would not discuss criminal cases with Trump. Despite his disagreement with the former president, Barr noted that he was "very disturbed" that Biden "lied to the American people" about the laptop during the presidential debate in October 2020.

"He’s squarely confronted with the laptop, and he suggested that it was Russian disinformation and pointed to the letter written by some intelligence people that was baseless—which he knew was a lie. And I was shocked by that," Barr said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics … uxbndlbing

1. Ken Burgess profile image77
      Ken Burgessposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Joe Biden is nothing but a lying corrupt stooge?

I am shocked by that.

1. profile image69

biden is a oxygen thief.

2. Sharlee01 profile image81

I might add, a lying dangerous confused stooge..

1. Ken Burgess profile image77
          Ken Burgessposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Did you hear his latest speech where he talked about a New World Order...

Dementia Joe, of all the people, to be out there rambling on about a NWO.

1. Sharlee01 profile image81

Yes, I found the statement revealed, A top military person said to him in a  'secure meeting" said to him. Is the president support to be sharing what is said in a secure meeting?

"As one of the top military people," said to me in a secure meeting the other day, 60 million people died between 1900 and 1946. And since then, we've established a liberal world order, and that hadn't happened in a long while," Biden said. "A lot of people dying, but nowhere near the chaos.

"And now is a time when things are shifting. There's going to be a new world order out there, and we've got to lead it. And we've got to unite the rest of the free world in doing it."

Biden is a lousy president, but he is a GREAT entertainer.  Too bad he needs to be more presidential and less entertaining.  He ends up just ends up always being a sad and sorry embarrassment for our country.

1. Sharlee01 profile image81

I really don't know what to make of his latest statement about "New Order"?

It really makes me wonder where he picked up this new world concept bit?

Who, is influencing him with this kind of crazy?  What was scarier, was the full context to the Great of what he said.

"As one of the top military people," said to me in a SECURE MEETING the other day, 60 million people died between 1900 and 1946. And SINCE then, WE"VE established a LIBERAL WORLD ORDER, and that hadn't happened in a long while," Biden said. "A lot of people dying, but nowhere near the chaos."   --   (last I looked we have many conservatives in the world. Guess I missed us establishing a  New Liberal World order).

"And NOW  is a time when things are shifting. There's GOING  to be a new world order out there, and we've got to lead it. And we've got to unite the rest of the free world in doing it."

He is either babbling or these are his true thoughts or he is repeating others' sentiments?    The context of this statement to me would be shocking if said by a man that we knew to be in control of his faculties.

2. GA Anderson profile image89
            GA Andersonposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Welll . . .  as a choice of words, I think it was a terrible mistake. I don't think he meant it the way most folks think when they hear "New World Order," and I can agree with him that the resolution of this crisis will establish a new world order of military alliances and power, (not the mythical NWO of elite controllers), but his was a really bad choice of words.

GA

1. profile image69

Biden said; " A LIBERAL New World Order". Listen to his speech again. I can only imagine what that would look like. God help us.

1. GA Anderson profile image89

Yes, I saw that "liberal" part.

GA

2. Readmikenow profile image95

At what point do we stop believing what biden has said as "choice of words" and begin to accept he's no longer able to hide what he really means?

That's a fair question. And I have several times thought that his choice of words, (on different issues), might be more Freudian slip than a simple gaffe. I didn't hear this poor choice as more than just that—a miscommunication of a message, but I can't argue your thought.

GA

3. Sharlee01 profile image81

Pretty long Freudian slip...

"WE"VE established a LIBERAL WORLD ORDER, and that hadn't happened in a long while," Biden said. "

After watching and reading the speech, his context did not in my view indicate he was talking about the Military. In fact, he was about to take questions, and then diverted into this -----

"So, I want to thank you again for — there’s much more to say, but I’ve already probably taken too much time — of your time right now.

But I’m happy — I’m told I’m — we’re going to take some questions, Mary.  Is that right?  Well, I’m happy to start taking questions.

But thank you for all you’ve been doing.

I think — you know, my mother had an expression: “Out of everything terrible, something good will come if you look hard enough for it.”

I think this presents us with some significant opportunities to make some real changes.  You know, we are at an inflection point, I believe, in the world economy — not just the world economy, in the world.  It occurs every three or four generations.

As one of — as one of the top military people said to me in a secure meeting the other day, 60 — 60 million people died between 1900 and 1946.  And since then, we’ve established a liberal world order, and that hadn’t happened in a long while.  A lot of people dying, but nowhere near the chaos.

And now is a time when things are shifting.  We’re going to — there’s going to be a new world order out there, and we’ve got to lead it.  And we’ve got to unite the rest of the free world in doing it.. "

It did in no respect appear he was talking about the Military or NATO at that point. 

he just went off script, and this is when he gets in trouble, but also may reveal his thoughts.
              transcript --   https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-roo … y-meeting/
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFn8_ESsffI

In the end, once again --- what difference does it make. He is sitting in the White House, and that's all she wrote.

4. IslandBites profile image88
              IslandBitesposted 2 years agoin reply to this

You are right. But I dont think it was a bad choice of words, I think they were the correct words. Maybe he (they) decided to ignore the typical political BS.

After World War II—the deadliest conflict in human history—countries sought to ensure the world never again devolved into such horrific violence.

World leaders created a series of international organizations and agreements to promote global cooperation on issues including security, trade, health, and monetary policy. The United States has championed this system—known as the liberal world order—for the past seventy-five years.

Sorry, I missed this, eight days ago.

It was still a dumb choice. Even though accurate, why choose a tainted phrase? Surely you don't disagree that waving NWO at conservatives is just inviting unnecessary trouble. and tie the word "liberal" to NWO and heads will explode. Completely unnecessary trouble.

Sometimes tolerating and compensating for BS is the best route to success.

GA

6. Readmikenow profile image95

Issa tells Psaki, Big Tech to preserve Hunter Biden-related records, as GOP eye investigations after midterms

'This is the most consequential political scandal since Watergate,' Issa said

"Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif., is demanding White House officials and Big Tech companies preserve any records pertaining to the suppression of Hunter Biden stories, so that Republicans can launch an investigation if they win back the majority in the midterm elections.

"We already know for a fact that Big Tech colluded with some of the nation’s most powerful media and most influential Democrat partisans in the intelligence community to suppress the truth, censor fact-based journalism, and cover for the Biden family," Issa told Fox News in a statement. "Now the full truth and complete accountability must follow."

"The New York Times last week confirmed the authenticity of Hunter Biden's infamous laptop, which was left in a Delaware repair shop in 2019 by the first son before being turned over to the FBI by the repair shop owner. Previously, the newspaper dismissed the laptop story as "Russian disinformation" at the height of the 2020 presidential campaign and claimed in a September 2021 piece that The New York Post's reporting on the laptop was "unsubstantiated." Social media companies at the time suspended The Post’s accounts and blocked users from sharing the story, citing policies that don't allow the distribution of hacked material."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/issa-p … p-midterms

7. RJ Schwartz profile image87
    RJ Schwartzposted 2 years ago

Bureaucrats are not concerned with right and wrong - only power and control.  Of course everyone in DC knew about Hunter and his bad behaviors, but the alphabet agencies, like the media and social media are all lapdogs of the power and control group, so they run as much interference as necessary and then some.

1. profile image0
      savvydatingposted 2 years agoin reply to this

"....lapdogs," otherwise known as useful idiots.

The term "useful innocents" comes to mind. Originally coined by Bogdan Raditsa of the Yugoslav government in a 1946 article he wrote after witnessing his friends imprisoned, tortured, and executed once communism entered full swing under Tito.

Radistsa's friends thought they were serving democracy.

The term was changed years later to "useful idiots," though not by Stalin or Lenin as most people assume. Stalin called his lapdogs "useful fools."  Lenin used the term "simpletons."

Sadly, I imagine Hunter Biden will not have to pay for his corrupt activities and will go on to garner even more monetary favors from dictators.

Meanwhile, America suffers.

8. Readmikenow profile image95

One of the most upsetting aspects of the Hunter biden laptop controversy is how many people would not have voted for joe biden if the mainstream media would not have hidden the story from the public.  It might have changed the election results, I don't know since the democrats were able to effectively cheat so well, but it would have changed things.  It's time democrats begin to realize the damage they've done to this country by installing biden as president.

"the Media Research Center asked The Polling Company to survey 1,750 Biden voters in seven swing states (Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Nevada, North Carolina, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin), six of which (all but North Carolina) were called for Biden (survey details below). We tested these voters’ knowledge of eight news stories — all important topics that our ongoing analysis had shown the liberal news media had failed to cover properly. We found that a huge majority (82%) of Biden voters were unaware of at least one of these key items, with five percent saying they were unaware of all eight of the issues we tested."

https://www.lifenews.com/2020/11/24/17- … -censored/

1. profile image0
      savvydatingposted 2 years agoin reply to this

A thorough article.

2. Sharlee01 profile image81

Very eye opening article.

9. Sharlee01 profile image81
    Sharlee01posted 2 years ago

Weeks before the 2020 Presidential election, the New York Post published a shocking story about Joe Biden’s son, Hunter, that, if true,  certainly could derail  Biden’s claim to know nothing about his son’s many multimillion-dollar influence-peddling deals.

The Post claimed: “Hunter Biden introduced his father, then-Vice President Joe Biden, to a top executive at a Ukrainian energy firm less than a year before the elder Biden pressured government officials in Ukraine into firing a prosecutor who was investigating the company, according to emails obtained by The Post.

“The never-before-revealed meeting is mentioned in a message of appreciation that Vadym Pozharskyi, an adviser to the board of Burisma, allegedly sent Hunter Biden on April 17, 2015, about a year after Hunter joined the Burisma board at a reported salary of up to $50,000 a month.

“The blockbuster correspondence — which flies in the face of Joe Biden’s claim that he’s ‘never spoken to my son about his overseas business dealings’ — is contained in a massive trove of data recovered from a laptop computer.

“The computer was dropped off at a repair shop in Biden’s home state of Delaware in April 2019, according to the store’s owner.”

The pro-Democrat/anti-Republican/anti-Trump media promptly sprang into attack mode.

From the New York Times to The Washington Post to CNN to The Hill to Politico, among others, the media dismissed the story as “Russian disinformation.

” The Hill wrote: “More than 50 former intelligence officials said emails alleged to have been found on a laptop belonging to Hunter Biden show signs of a Russian disinformation operation.”

The statement of the 50-plus intelligence officials read: “We want to emphasize that we do not know if the emails, provided to the New York Post by President Trump’s personal attorney Rudy Giuliani, are genuine or not and that we do not have evidence of Russian involvement — just that our experience makes us deeply suspicious that the Russian government played a significant role in this case.”

CNN’s Brian Stelter said on his TV show: “Let’s get back to the new season’s storyline. Let’s break down how this all happened. Because it was launched, as I showed you, by the New York Post, and then promoted by another Murdoch media property, that of course is Fox News. You worry about Trump’s corruption and Fox says, ‘What about Biden?’ Every hour of the day. So Fox is a producer of this serialized drama, but there are big questions about who might have created this show. And that’s what’s probably most important here.”

Twitter, when the story broke, took down the two of the Post’s stories about Hunter and the laptop and blocked users from posting pictures of the emails or links to New York Post stories, preventing the Post from distributing it on that platform, dramatically reducing the number of people who would and could learn about the bombshell allegation. Facebook suspended distribution of the story over “signals” that the story is false and said that its “fact-checkers” were examining it.

Now, some 17 months later, The New York Times, among other media outlets, admits the Hunter Biden/New York Post story is true. And the emails suggest that not only did Joe Biden know about his son’s influence peddling, but that Joe Biden might have financially benefited. For example, in one email Hunter talks about “10 percent for the big guy.” The “big guy” likely refers to father Joe.

This is a small consolation to former President Donald Trump and the 16% of Joe Biden voters who, according to a Media Research Center poll, claim that had they known about the Hunter Biden story, they would not have voted for Joe Biden.

Worse, after the authentication of the Hunter Biden laptop story, one of the 50 former intelligence officials who wrote the “Russian disinformation” letter now says, in essence, “So what? Trump lost.” John Sipher, who retired after a 28-year career with the CIA, in response to a commenter tweeted: “I lost the election for Trump? Well then I (feel) pretty good about my influence.” https://www.minotdailynews.com/opinion/ … ell-story/

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)