"I Invite You To Join Me" Tulsi Gabbard

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (24 posts)
  1. Sharlee01 profile image80
    Sharlee01posted 18 months ago

https://hubstatic.com/16187598.jpg

Former Hawaii Rep. Tulsi Gabbard announced she is leaving the Democratic Party, denouncing lawmakers on the Left for promoting policies that “[racialize] every issue & stoke anti-white racism.”

https://twitter.com/TulsiGabbard/status … tist-cabal
    “I can no longer remain in today’s Democratic Party that is now under the complete control of an elitist cabal of warmongers driven by cowardly wokeness, who divide us by racializing every issue & stoke anti-white racism, actively work to undermine our God-given freedoms, are hostile to people of faith & spirituality, demonize the police & protect criminals at the expense of law-abiding Americans, believe in open borders, weaponize the national security state to go after political opponents, and above all, dragging us ever closer to nuclear war,” Gabbard said. “If you can no longer stomach the direction that so-called woke Democratic Party ideologues are taking our country, I invite you to join me.”

“I believe in a government that is of, by, and for the people. Unfortunately, today’s Democratic Party does not. Instead, it stands for a government of, by, and for the powerful elite,” Gabbard said. “I’m calling on my fellow common sense independent-minded Democrats to join me in leaving the Democratic Party.”
    https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/other/tu … r-AA12Pf4U

https://hubstatic.com/16187603.jpg

Thoughts ----

1. Ken Burgess profile image75
      Ken Burgessposted 18 months agoin reply to this

Truth.

100%

Sharlee01posted 18 months agoin reply to this

Yes Ken, I mean is she not one Dem we would have really considered voting for?   I was always drawn to her uncompromised values.

She was my choice, I still have an article up as to the reasons why.

Oh well, we got Satan instead... I mean Biden.

Agree ---  I hope others follow her, take her up on her invitation, and start coming out and voicing their true views on the Democratic party. It would be a wonderful start to perhaps cleaning up the Democratic party or doing away with it for something new.

I don't doubt it. 

Those that have always been politically active, to the point of being sycophants, to the point where they cannot be objective, will remain devoted to the Democratic Party.

For the rest they will move away... not saying they will support the opposing party, but they will listen to who-ever comes out as the Republican's leader in 2024 and give them more than a fair shake.

As happened with Trump in 2020, I believe many people will vote just to get the incumbent out in 2024, they will vote for change, Biden by then will have done the improbable, and become even more unpopular than Trump was.

I will vote for change as I did in 2016, it is more than apparent we have a party that is killing democracy and doing it in the most despicable of ways.

2. Miebakagh57 profile image69
            Miebakagh57posted 18 months agoin reply to this

God save America!

2. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 18 months agoin reply to this

She certainly got it right there!  AND had the guts to take action based on that truth.  Few are honest enough to accept it and fewer still will take action.

100% ----

2. abwilliams profile image68
    abwilliamsposted 18 months ago

Great minds Sharlee...wink  I think we posted this story at the same time. I accidentally went to 'Freeform' and had to bring it back to 'Politics'.
    I am very proud of her and I believe that she is paving the way for others that aren't okay with what has become of their Party.

I am so proud of her too!  Hey< think she would have been the only one in the Dem party I might have voted for... LOL

She took one big step, and I hope many will follow.

Sharlee01, and @abwilliams, having studied the American political polity for a long time, I'm convinced that the Democratic Party needs an overhauling.                               Seriously, it's impossible for an individual no matter how wealthy to hijack the party and put in the changes. The odds are too many. But that doesn't deter  certain to walk out on the party in question.                                      Critically, in times like these, that unlike any other, that a woman, not a man will take the pioneering  move beat the men to the second place.                                 Well done. Tulsi.

yes, she was brave, and I hope to see more like her. The Democratic party has become o disruptive to America, it needs to be overhauled from the ground up.

1. Miebakagh57 profile image69

Thank you, Sharlee01, thank you.

You are welcome, my friend.

3. Sharlee01 profile image80

Please listen toTulsi in her own words ---  As another full description of why she has left the Democratic party. Take the time to listen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UeyV6qGcK8

4. Sharlee01 profile image80

Bravo Tulsi !
    https://hubstatic.com/16192187_f1024.jpg
    Tulsi Gabbard blasts censorship, denial of 'objective truth' by the left: 'It is conform or be canceled'
    Tulsi Gabbard torches Democrats for not defending what it means to be a woman

"Former Rep. Tulsi Gabbard said people in the "highest positions of power" are denying objective truth and trying to bully people who disagree. 

"It is conform or be canceled," Gabbard said Thursday night in an address to the Independent Women's Forum, calling the mindset "as un-American as it gets."

Gabbard spoke on the importance of defending what it means to be a woman as leaders in the Democratic Party refuse to define the term "woman" and slammed the left for embracing cancel culture and censorship.

"Those who deny the biological differences between a man and a woman are not only erasing women as a category of people, they’re denying the existence of objective reality, and the ‘truth’ becomes whatever those in power want it to be," said

Gabbard pointed out that Supreme Court Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson could not define what a woman was during her Senate confirmation hearing.

"We have an administration in the White House, and woke politicians in Washington, a Supreme Court justice, who are unable and unwilling to define what a woman is."

Gabbard pointed out the hypocrisy of the Democratic Party for claiming to be on the side of feminists but refusing to defend women's sports when female athletes object to competing against biological males

"How is it controversial to define what a woman is?" Gabbard asked. "It is the height of hypocrisy for those who claim to be feminists, who claim to be champions for women over decades … to deny that there is such a thing as a woman."
    The former Democratic presidential candidate left the Democratic Party on Tuesday, denouncing the organization as an "elitist cabal."

Gabbard, who retired from the House of Representatives in 2021, attacked the institution in a nearly 30-minute video posted to her YouTube account. She did not announce plans to join the Republican Party or adopt any other political affiliation, however.

"I can no longer remain in today’s Democratic Party that is now under the complete control of an elitist cabal of warmongers driven by cowardly wokeness, who divide us by racializing every issue & stoke anti-white racism," Gabbard said in an excerpt posted to Twitter.

5. abwilliams profile image68
    abwilliamsposted 18 months ago

Amen! Hear, hear!
    Gotta love a gutsy WOMAN!!!!

Hopefully, and I pray, more will follow.

1. Miebakagh57 profile image69

I likewise pray to that effect.

6. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
    Kathryn L Hillposted 18 months ago

She no longer remains in TODAY's Democratic Party because it has become:

1. An Elitist Cabal of Warmongers.
    2. A Party of ideologues driven by cowardly wokeness.
    3. Intent on taking the country by putting it under it's complete control.

It divides us by:

*Radicalizing every issue 
    *Stoking anti-white racism
    *Working to undermine our God-given freedoms
    *Being hostile to people of faith & spirituality
    *Demonizing the police
    *Protect criminals at the expense of law-abiding Americans
    *Promoting open borders
    *Weaponizing the national security state and going after political opponents
    *Dragging us  ... to nuclear war ...

So, she has quit being a Democrat.

What is she now? An independent?

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
      Kathryn L Hillposted 18 months agoin reply to this

I'm wondering. I noted that prior to her departure, she was thought to be too 'Republican' minded. And she's being told to go and join the Republican Party?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)