Watch this 60 minutes about Ukrainian war

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (42 posts)
  1. Readmikenow profile image94
    Readmikenowposted 4 months ago

If you want to understand the Ukraine war with russia watch this segment of 60 minutes. It will give you an understanding of what Ukrainians are fighting for and I mean ALL Ukrainians.  Believe me when I tell you, they will never surrender to russia no matter what.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiBnpiUrmZ8

1. Kathleen Cochran profile image77
      Kathleen Cochranposted 4 months agoin reply to this

From your mouth to God's ears . . .

Readmikenowposted 4 months agoin reply to this

Thankyou.

2. Nathanville profile image92
      Nathanvilleposted 4 months agoin reply to this

Thanks for sharing - my thoughts are with you and all Ukrainians.

Thank you...I also thank the UK for ALL of their support on the battlefield and off.

A refugee told me a touching story of how a Ukrainian soldier training in the UK was flown to a refugee camp in Poland to be with his wife when she gave birth.  The UK then took him back after a week or two and let him continue training.  The Ukrainian woman told me this is something the people in the UK have done again and again for us.

This is just ONE story...I could go on but thankyou doesn't seem enough at times for what people in the UK have done for Ukrainians.

1. Nathanville profile image92
          Nathanvilleposted 4 months agoin reply to this

A very touching story, thanks for sharing - I am pleased that we are able to help smile

3. Credence2 profile image78
      Credence2posted 4 months agoin reply to this

We all can't help but to sympathize with the 60 minutes piece that clearly exposes Russian aggression in area.

But what about the Republican faction in Congress and much of the MAGA community that resist further aid to the Ukrainians, how can they be explained? What is driving the Pro-Putin faction of the party?

Cred,

I have gotten into shouting matches with people about funding the war in Ukraine.

The argument of those who don't believe in funding the war is that they don't see it as a benefit to the United States and our money is best spent elsewhere. It's a political tool.

That's it.

I call that ignorance. When someone mentioned the corruption of the Ukrainian government, I laugh and point out how the US government is just as bad if not worse in terms of corruption.

I always point out how russia's military has been severely degraded and they are no longer able to invade another country at this time.  They are struggling to make any battlefield gains against Ukraine. The world is a safer place with Ukraine able to properly conduct a war against russian aggression.

I think the money invested in supporting Ukraine translates into less money and military resources needed to defend against russiian aggression in the future...and there russian aggression is like waiting for the leap year to arrive, it's just a matter of time.

Most people don't realize Ukraine was just a stepping stone with russia invaded Ukraine.  They had plans to move beyond Ukraine and absorb parts of other countries.  If they are not stopped now, russia will continue on their quest to once again become the USSR.

"Russian General Admits Ukraine Just a 'Stepping Stone' to Invade Europe

A key Russian general who Russian President Vladimir Putin promoted this week views the invasion of Ukraine as a mere "stepping stone" to further conflict with Europe.

In a recent interview with Moscow's state-run Russia-1, a clip of which circulated widely on social media Saturday, Mordvichev said he believes Putin's war will last quite a long time and expand in the future.

"I think there's still plenty of time to spend. It is pointless to talk about a specified period. If we are talking about Eastern Europe, which we will have to, of course then it will be longer," the general said.

"Ukraine is only a stepping stone?" the interviewer then asked.

"Yes, absolutely. It is only the beginning," Mordvichev responded, who went on to say that the war "will not stop here."

https://www.newsweek.com/russian-genera … pe-1825776

1. Credence2 profile image78

I have been following yours and Ken's discourse with great interest. Two basically conservative individuals with opposing views.

I neither like nor trust Tucker Carlson for all of the other rightwing and false concepts he advocates. I would naturally give more credence to mainstream CBS news reports. Ken's video post is informative, but I do not trust the source. While it does not have to be CBS news, I need a source more credible than Tucker Carlson.

1. Ken Burgess profile image76
            Ken Burgessposted 4 months agoin reply to this

That is fair, however it is the information that is provided by the guest he is giving a platform to that is relevant.

This is the true benefit of Tucker at this moment is he is not beholden to a network, he is not beholden to sponsors who pay for ads.  The people he talks to are much less filtered than anything you will see on MSM.

I trust such information much more than I trust CBS... sorry, not interested in corporate canned messaging with the intent to sell the war to Americans.

Al Jazeera
            https://www.aljazeera.com/tag/ukraine-russia-crisis/

Swiss perspectives
            https://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/topic/fore … s/44685900

Deutsche Welle
            https://www.dw.com/en/russias-war-in-ukraine/t-60931789

These types of sources aren't trying to sell the war to their people, much more likely to be providing un-biased information.

Ken, Carlson is neither objective or impartial but is MAGA mouthpiece with his and its own agenda and objectives that I am diametrically opposed to.

The more reputable sources that you linked did indicate that the Ukraine and the efforts of the West to sustain it has been trying, with a noted comment from a Finnish official saying that Russia is not a threat to Europe. While others have expressed concern about Russia being encouraged to attack a NATO aligned nation. Unlike Carlson, none of the articles indicate the effort to control the Ukraine from a pro-Russian perspective as having merit.

I think Tucker brings out information that the MSM refuses to touch, therefore, whether you agree with it or not, it is worth considering.

You do not see it that way.  We approach how we perceive things from different angles.

I ask questions... like:

Crimea has been part of Russia for 8 years, why is Biden going on about it now?

Why is Zelensky making tours to NATO Nations about taking back Crimea and Biden saying he will support Ukraine in its decisions?

Why is it Zelensky/Ukraine refuse to proceed with the UN agreed to terms in the Minsk Agreement?

These are questions if people weren't asking BEFORE the conflict began, they should have been asking afterwards.

Once it did begin, I myself asked a lot of questions and did a lot of digging, which was well documented in these forums.

The EU/NATO want Ukraine included in its sphere of influence ... Russia said no.

Crimea's succession only occurred after the overthrow of the Ukrainian government in 2014.

If America/NATO had chosen to recognize that succession as legitimate and agreed to have Ukraine remain neutral and outside of the NATO alliance, would there be war today?

Probably not.

Many people would be alive today, many millions more would be living in Ukraine today, if someone had put Peace and Prosperity ahead of American/Western hegemony.

It's important to understand that a growing portion of the world is standing apart from America in its endeavors, and some are aligning to stand with Russia.  This has been compounded by the support we are showing Israel in its efforts in Gaza.

IE - https://www.mfa.gov.cn/eng/wjbxw/202302 … 27664.html

Again, I search for information that comes from outside the U.S. or more importantly, not from the MSM.  I know all information provided by the MSM is biased, at best, or fraudulent all too often.

On top of that, if you don't take time to consider the other side of things, their perspectives and their interests, how can you ever hope to resolve matters without war, without violence?

On top of that, if you don't take time to consider the other side of things, their perspectives and their interests, how can you ever hope to resolve matters without war, without violence?
                  ------
                  I do consider the other side, and so does Mike and yet we all still come to different conclusions, considering risks and benefits. I am, too, concerned about an escalation of hostilities  in the region. But, I don't  trust Putin a great deal to limit his ambitions nor his stated objectives in the region.

Israel is another kettle of fish, I would like to see much more restraint in financial and military resources provided to Netanyahu by our Government and not get embroiled in the conflict beyond diplomatic efforts.

I am not qualified to answer the other questions you address without more research. But, both you and Mike seem well informed on this topic, but still have starkly different opinions.

There is nothing wrong with non MSM sources as long as they are no more biased than the MSM you claim is such. Tucker Carlson is part of that right wing bias as far as I can see.

Certainly, you can classify Tucker as right wing, as almost everything these days that does not fall in line with the messaging of the current Administration and the MSM is considered 'right wing'.

While people like myself don't align themselves, and others try to identify as Libertarians or Independent, we all get labeled 'right wing'.

I believe there are only two sexes for instance, but to the Left which controls the narrative today, that makes me an extremist, a 'right winger'.

Ten years ago, that belief merely made me normal, not Conservative or 'right wing'.

I think at one time Tucker worked for CNN and was considered very liberal or Left leaning.  I don't think it is Tucker that has drastically changed, it is the political Left that has changed.

As for him being a Trumper... I think he sees the dangers in what the Administration is doing, how it has weaponized the DOJ (and FBI), the raids on Trump's home, the many charges and efforts to destroy him and has decided to make a stand on what he believes is wrong.

If this were against Trump alone, that might get less traction, but the Biden Administration abuses its power against others as well, big and small.  Elon Musk is in much the same boat as Trump, he is being persecuted by the Biden Administration.

President Biden not so long ago stood at a White House podium & stated that Elon Musk would be investigated "looked at".  When asked ‘How?’, President Biden responded "There’s a lot of ways."

There certainly are. The DOJ, FAA, FTC, NLRB, SDNY, FWS and the FCC to name a few that have all taken action against Musk or his companies.

https://www.westernjournal.com/biden-ad … elon-musk/

In August, Biden’s Department of Justice sued SpaceX for alleged discriminatory practices against immigrants.

In September, Biden’s Federal Aviation Administration completed a lengthy investigation into SpaceX’s failed Starship mega-rocket, which exploded minutes after takeoff in April. The FAA ordered the rocket grounded pending 63 corrective actions.

In March, Biden’s Federal Trade Commission tried pressuring Musk to reveal the identities of journalists associated with Twitter and the “Twitter Files,” a mass transparency project that exposed government involvement in social media censorship.

In September, the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York — part of Biden’s DOJ — targeted Musk with potential criminal charges for alleged undisclosed personal benefits derived from his car company, Tesla.

All of these examples (and several not listed here) occurred between August and November. That certainly does fit a pattern of “regulatory harassment.”

The Federal Communications Commission just recently halted and refused to reinstate the $886 million broadband grant that had been awarded, but that decision was not influenced by Biden in any way.

So... this abuse, this weaponization of the Justice system and the Regulatory agencies is not just against Trump, it is used against anyone that tries to stand against the tyranny of this Administration.

2. Readmikenow profile image94

"Crimea's succession only occurred after the overthrow of the Ukrainian government in 2014."

You really have NO grasp of the reality of this situation.

So sad if you actually believe these words.

CRIMEA WAS ILLEGALLY ANNEXED BY RUSSIA

I've done all I can to to help you understand the reality of the situation and now all I can attribute your attitude to is willful ignorance.

This is from the US Embassy in Ukraine.

"Seven years ago, after protests in Kyiv brought an end to the corrupt Yanukovych regime, Moscow inflicted revenge upon Ukraine for its decision to chart a path toward the European Union and the trans-Atlantic community.  On February 20, 2014, Russia’s “little green men,” Special Operations Forces with their insignia removed, armed with Russian weaponry and carrying military-grade communications equipment—took over Ukraine’s Crimean peninsula.  A week later, they seized the Crimean Parliament.

Thus, began Russia’s seven year campaign to destabilize Ukraine and thwart its aspirations for democratic development and closer ties to Europe though the Kremlin’s purported annexation of Crimea and a bloody conflict in eastern Ukraine.

In March 2014, to lend a veneer of legitimacy to its occupation—in violation of international law and in contempt of Russia’s commitments as an OSCE participating State – Moscow orchestrated a sham referendum in Crimea.

In the intervening years, Russia installed a repressive regime targeting Crimean Tatars, ethnic Ukrainians, and all those who oppose the occupation.  The Crimean Tatar people faced the worst of Russia’s repression.  They endure an endless stream of raids on mosques, homes, and workplaces.  Their community leaders are banished from the peninsula, their media outlets shuttered, and their peaceful self-governing bodies criminalized as “extremist organizations.”  There has been no justice for the approximately one dozen Crimean Tatars who disappeared in the early days of the occupation, nor for the dozens of others who have been tortured or otherwise abused by Russia’s Security Services.  Hundreds of Crimean children are growing up without their fathers, who are falsely labeled “extremists” and “terrorists” and unjustly held in Russian prisons for their peaceful opposition to the occupation.

Russia’s oppression is not limited to the Tatars.  Journalists and bloggers, Jehovah’s Witnesses, ethnic Ukrainians, and many others fear any form of expression will be interpreted by the occupation authorities as dissent, costing them their liberty or even their life.

Occupation authorities have conscripted nearly 28,000 Crimean residents into the Russian Armed Forces.  Many of these Ukrainian citizens have reportedly been assigned to units connected to the Russia-led conflict in eastern Ukraine.  Russia’s actions in Crimea and ongoing aggression in Ukraine are a threat to European security and undermine the principles enshrined by the OSCE and the United Nations, namely that no country can change the borders of another by force.

Rather than abide by international norms, Russia has engaged in a concerning military buildup in Crimea, including moving nuclear-capable aircraft and missiles, weapons, and ammunition onto the peninsula.  It has increased its military presence in the Black Sea, the Sea of Azov, and the Kerch Strait.  Russia’s forces harass commercial shipping and mount other provocations, for example the attack on the Ukrainian Navy, seizure of three Ukrainian vessels, and detention of 24 Ukrainian servicemembers.  In a December 2020 resolution, the UN General Assembly condemned the militarization of Crimea and called for Russia, as the occupying power in Crimea, to withdraw its forces from the peninsula and end its occupation of Ukrainian territory.  Today, we reiterate the UN’s call for Russia to end its occupation of Crimea and withdraw its forces from Ukraine.

The position of the United States is clear: Crimea is Ukraine.  We strongly reaffirm our support for Ukraine’s sovereignty, independence, and territorial integrity within its internationally recognized borders, including its territorial waters.

Just as we stood by Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania during the dark decades of Soviet despotism, so, too, do we stand unwaveringly by Ukraine, and we reject Russia’s purported annexation of Crimea

Russia must end its oppressive occupation of Crimea and release all Ukrainian political prisoners.  We call for international monitors, including the Special Monitoring Mission, to have full and unhindered access to the entire territory of Ukraine, which includes Crimea.

We do not, nor will we ever, recognize Russia’s purported annexation of Crimea.  The Crimea-related sanctions will remain in place until Russia returns full control of the peninsula to Ukraine."

https://ua.usembassy.gov/seven-years-of … of-crimea/

Stop repeating russian propaganda and start stating the truth.

You have no credibility when it comes to discussing this topic.

4. Miebakagh57 profile image69
      Miebakagh57posted 4 months agoin reply to this

Tomorrow, I'll do when I'm more relax.

Your insights will be appreciated.

5. Castlepaloma profile image76
      Castlepalomaposted 4 months agoin reply to this

Video is not available in Canada, I guess too many secrets.

Canada has some real free speech issues that I find interesting.

You are right the video is not available in Canada.

It is interesting since the largest population of Ukrainians outside Ukraine is located in Canada.

1. Castlepaloma profile image76
          Castlepalomaposted 4 months agoin reply to this

Was a brick masonwith a  Ukrainian boss out in Edmonton Canada, for a few years. We had lots of good times. Too bad politics comes along banning and blocking and  more normalize like old USSR.

2. Ken Burgess profile image76
    Ken Burgessposted 4 months ago

There never had to be a war.

The Biden Administration ensured there would be, this was something that had been in the works long before 2014, or 2021.

Very easy for those who want to take the time to do the research and find the answers to do so.  If one has the ability to dig for information, the internet hasn't been scrubbed, yet, of truth.

Rather than a lengthy post, I will leave a counter video to the one Mike provided, an opposing opinion worth considering.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHPoxAlZI74

"There never had to be a war."

This is a really ridicules.

Guess what?  An argument could be made that World War I didn't have to happen.  Neither did World War II, Korea, Viet Nam or the Gulf War.  BUT they happened.  That's reality.

What do you expect Ukrainians to do? Say, "Oh my, this war could have been avoided.
      We should just let russia annex any part of our country and make it theirs because there are people who believe this war didn't have to happen.  We should also forget all the slaughter of our civilians and the war crimes committed by russia because this war didn't have to happen."

Is that what you think should Ukrainians should do?

There IS a war.  It has been going on now for almost two years.  There is no type of war crime that russia has not committed against Ukraine.  They've done them all.  From torture of civilians, to systematic rapes and more.

Woulda Coulda Shoulda...it's all over now.

This IS war. 

You don't know much of the history between russia and Ukraine.  You probably don't know much about the attitude of Ukrainians when it comes to russia.  You could not possibly understand why Ukrainians fight so hard against russia. 

There is so much you just don't know and can't get from clicking stories on the internet.

And I always ask you the same questions Mike,

How many more hundreds of thousands of Ukrainians are going to die in your pursuit of revenge or victory or whatever it is Ukraine thinks it can get?

Ukraine is being destroyed, millions of lives have been ruined, hundreds of thousands killed... and the only thing Ukraine has to show for these tragic sacrifices is a Russian army stronger today than it was 2 years ago, and 25% of its country now controlled by Russia.

These are realities.

I recognize the West... America and the UK are no longer dealing with reality, our governments make decisions based on fantasy and delusions... which is why we have Rachel Levine and Sam Brinton types in the Biden Administration and all the insane decisions the Biden Administration has made.

The American Neocon and Biden led effort to prosecute this war against Russia is no different.

The expectation that Russia was going to collapse in on itself has proven to be a grave miscalculation on their part.  One that has come at a horrific price for Ukraine, and a growing economic one for America.

It is time for sane and rational people to take control of the decision making, sadly, it is clear the Biden Administration is lacking in such...

Rather than bring this war to an end, before it escalates further... I believe... as I have always warned, as I have always feared was their ultimate goal, this Administration will soon have America directly engage in this war.

And when it is over, also as I told you in the very beginning, Ukraine will be worse off than any nation we have ever done this to... Iraq, Syria, worse even than what happened to Germany and Japan in WWII.

That is what lies at the end of this road for Ukraine, if sane people don't take control and find a way to peace.

"How many more hundreds of thousands of Ukrainians are going to die in your pursuit of revenge or victory or whatever it is Ukraine thinks it can get?"

You just keep getting more ridiculous.

Ukraine was invaded.  A foreign country is trying to take over Ukraine.  They are fighting a war.  A war for their right to live their life free of russian dominance. In World War II did people say they should stop fighting the Nazis because Europe is being destroyed.  Millions of people are being killed millions dollars worth of damage is being done?

I suppose you believe russia should have just let the Nazis have whatever part of russia they wanted to avoid all the death and destruction that resulted.

Guess what? No, the invading Nazis were fought because they were the invaders. It took four years to defeat Nazi aggression.

"And when it is over, also as I told you in the very beginning, Ukraine will be worse off than any nation"

Again, I laugh at this comment because it is based on a total and complete lack of knowledge and understanding of reality.

I will repeat this again and again I hope all who read this understand it. 

YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT ON ANY LEVEL.

I question your grasp of reality in this situation among other things I question about you.

3. Ken Burgess profile image76
    Ken Burgessposted 4 months ago

There were the Minsk Agreement(s) approved by the UN

https://press.un.org/en/2015/sc11785.doc.htm

https://www.securitycouncilreport.org/u … s/ukraine/

Which Ukraine/Zelensky never implemented.

https://mronline.org/2023/02/11/zelensk … greements/

Then there were the Cease Fire - Peace Negotiations in Turkey five weeks into the war, which the US/UK told Ukraine to walk away from.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national … otiations/

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/3/2 … -agreement

The Russian take : https://tass.com/politics/1629441

In any regard, America does not belong fighting this war, America does not belong fighting on the border of Russia, or over a dispute as to whether Crimea seceded properly and it should be recognized or not.

You do not like the facts I present, you do not like the fact that I do not support this war, I will never support this war, and I will advocate to end this war to those politicians that answer to me.  I will oppose our entering into it to the best of my ability.

Okay.

It doesn't matter.

Ukraine will continue to fight for its freedom from russian aggression.

There are not words to describe how much I and many other Ukrainians don't care what russia said.

They are invaders.  This is a fact and it's indisputable.

As far as I am concerned you don't present facts.  You present russian proppaganda points.  Things you say are things that come out of the mouths of political commentators in russia.

"Ukrainians are going to die in pursuit of revenge or victory or whatever it is Ukraine thinks it can get"

Almost these exact words were spoken by the russian political commentator Vladimir Solovyov.

I do wonder about your motivations.

4. Readmikenow profile image94

As I've said before, russia's military is severely degraded.  It is down to using reserves, criminals, new conscripts and outdated equipment.  They are no longer a threat to invade another country.  They simply no longer have the military to do such a thing thanks to Ukraine.

"Russia's Military 'Badly Weakened' As War Drags On: Pentagon

Russia's military is "badly weakened" from the grueling war in Ukraine, U.S. Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin has said, as Russian and Ukrainian troops face another second winter of fighting.

After 21 months of all-out war, "the Russian military has been badly weakened," Austin said during an address at the Reagan National Defense Forum on Saturday.

The many months of attritional warfare has exacted a high cost on both Russia and Ukraine, but Western analysts and governments have suggested the conflict has torn apart much of Russia's military strength. Newsweek has reached out to the Russian Defense Ministry for comment via email.

"Russia has lost nearly half the combat effectiveness of its army," Admiral Tony Radakin, the head of the U.K.'s armed forces, said in early July.

In early May, the head of the Defense Intelligence Agency, Lieutenant General Scott Berrier, said it would take somewhere between five and 10 years for Russia to rebuild the modern capabilities of its armed forces.

"The reorganization that the Russian military took in the early 2000s meant that they would be better, faster, smaller, if you will, from what they were in the Soviet era," he told the Senate Armed Services Committee.

"That army largely is gone, and they are relying on reserves and reserve equipment; older Soviet era kinds of kit," he said. "It is going to take them a while to build back to
    more advanced kit."

"It will take years for the Russians to build back up their ground forces," agreed Avril Haines, the director of National Intelligence, at the same Senate hearing. Russia has "really significantly degraded"

https://www.newsweek.com/russia-militar … ne-1849058

5. Readmikenow profile image94

Russia confirms Ukraine destroyed its warship in Crimea attack

One person reported killed in attack that targeted the Novocherkassk, which Ukraine said was being used to transport Russian drones.

Russia has acknowledged a Ukrainian attack has damaged a warship in the occupied Crimean port of Feodosia in what Ukraine and its Western allies called a major setback for the Russian navy.

Ukraine’s air force said earlier that it had “destroyed” the Novocherkassk landing ship, with President Volodymyr Zelenskyy joking on social media that the vessel had now joined “the Russian underwater Black Sea fleet”.

One person was killed and four were injured in the attack, the Moscow-installed governor of Crimea, Sergey Aksyonov, said, adding that six buildings had been damaged and their residents evacuated.

Aksyonov said the strike triggered a fire that had been brought under control.

Russia annexed Crimea from Ukraine in 2014 in a move Ukraine and the West condemned as illegal, and has not been internationally recognized.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/12/ … mea-attack

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)