Anti-gay senator arrested for DUI after leaving a gay nightclub

Jump to Last Post 1-42 of 42 discussions (126 posts)
  1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

These things always make me laugh, oh the hypocrisy...

http://network.nationalpost.com/NP/blog … -club.aspx

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If that's true, it's sad and maddening of course.

But indeed the article says he's sorry.  One can assume he's ashamed of something---either getting caught or else ashamed of his actual behavior.
      That's something many people have none of---shame for being involved in perversion.
      That shame leads to repentance if one is willing to do so.  And that's the only salvation any person has.

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
        Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This explains why christians are such criminals and behave so badly. They know there is no everlasting judgement as long as they are ashamed afterwards.

I was wondering why Christians did not need to follow the rules they so loudly shout about.

Thank you for clearing that up.

Do you have to wait to be ashamed of preaching against the word and being ian adulteress? Is it OK to go on doing that even though you know it is a sin  and then be ashamed later?

What is the cutoff point? Do you have to be ashamed already or only when you get caught and it is in the newspapers? I must admit - I like the sound of your religion more and more Brenda.

"Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law as long as you are ashamed when caught."

Liking it a lot. Where do I sign up?

1. Mamelody profile image61
          Mamelodyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nicely put Mark.. Christians today are really complete fcuk-ups..

What annoys me the most is those that preach against something like homosexuality and in the end you find out they've been homosexuals for a gazzilion years!

Christians should learn to understand that its not their words that people listen to.. it's their actions that people see. I believe the book of James puts that very clearly that "be yea doers of the word and not hearers only"

Most Christians today are just hearers and hypocrites and thank God he doesn't judge us according to our sins smile

2. Uninvited Writer profile image79
        Uninvited Writerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

He is only sorry because he got caught.

1. profile image0

Maybe.
          Who knows?
          Surely not you, unless you've talked to him.

I suppose time will tell.

2. Tom Cornett profile image80
      Tom Cornettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

He could use the Clinton excuses:

"I did not have sex with that man!"   smile

Alcohol....."I didn't swallow."    smile

1. profile image0
        StormRyderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol

2. mega1 profile image79
        mega1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

grass - "I had one joint, but I didn't inhale!"

1. profile image0

Obama:  "Yes I inhaled.  That was the point!"

2. Tom Cornett profile image80
          Tom Cornettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I had quite a few pounds...I didn't exhale.  smile

3. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

omg haha big_smile

this title gets today's "Best In Show". hee hee how funny...

4. Phoenix 69 profile image60
      Phoenix 69posted 14 years agoin reply to this

So do we know for sure WHY he was at that club?  Does he actually have sex with other men or was he just looking to get the gay vote?  Maybe he decided their votes count, too.  Just like all those people out there who don't give a crap about illegal aliens because they can personally make money from them.

Maybe ask the guy who was in the car with him.

1. profile image0
          JeanMeriamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well if the DUI was caught while they were still driving away form the club, then he can probably honestly say he did not have sex with that man.

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Stupid is as stupid does. hmm

3. profile image0
    Kathryn LJposted 14 years ago

Whats a DUI?

4. Uninvited Writer profile image79

Driving under the influence

1. profile image0
      Kathryn LJposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Not quite as naughty (sexually) as I was expecting.  A plonker on so many levels.  Driving under the influence - unforgivable.  Anti-gay, how does someone get away with this crap nowerdays?

2. Pearldiver profile image67
      Pearldiverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's a Gay charge anyway lol

1. profile image0

hmm

5. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

Well obviously as long as you don't get married being gay is okay with him. LOL!

6. Ohma profile image59
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

No surprise. Our government is run by idiots who are fueled by hypocrisy, and like apologizing is going to change what?

7. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 14 years ago

I debated on whether or not to post this smile
    I'm glad someone else did.

8. profile image0

I just love pro-family, Chritian, conservative hypocrites. They are so much fun to watch get caught. In the men's room, in Argentina, in gay bars.

It's why they have a God that doesn't require anything but believing in him to be saved. If they had to earn it, they'd fail miserably. All this guy has to say is I Believe, I'm Sorry and his God says okay. And the Christian followers go along....

1. wyanjen profile image71
      wyanjenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ouch!!
      Love it lol

I'm not the kind of person who stops to look at a car crash... but I do love watching hypocrites squirm.
      big_smile

9. mr. daydream profile image60
    mr. daydreamposted 14 years ago

Maybe he mistook all the transexuals standing outside waiting to get in the club for women (lol).

1. profile image0

LOL!

2. profile image0
      china manposted 14 years agoin reply to this

or thought they were a queue of heavy make-up-blue-rinse conservative christian women and went in to touch up a few votes !

10. profile image0
    StormRyderposted 14 years ago

Damn..another one!! How many of these anti-gay, holier than thou republicans have been getting caught doing this stuff the past few years??...Its really is funny actually big_smile

11. Jewels profile image83
    Jewelsposted 14 years ago

Skeletons always seem to come out of closets.

12. trooper22 profile image61
    trooper22posted 14 years ago

ROFL!  I love the "Wrong Wing"  they just can’t keep a lid on their most ardent anti-gay flamers from going "Fabulous!"

13. IzzyM profile image88
    IzzyMposted 14 years ago

Maybe he just likes going to gay bars?
    I used to love going into gay bars back in Glasgow. If you bumped into someone on the way to the loo or when making your way through a crowd, the gay contingent always said sorry or graciously accepted your apology. In a straight bar you got growled at with "watch where you effen going!"
    I liked the atmosphere, it was much more relaxed. and p.s. I'm a straight as they come.

1. profile image0

Yeah Izzy but you didn't  then go on to a political career slagging off said nice gay community did you?  Agree with you on the gay night out though.  I used to enjoy a night out in Manchesters Canal Street, it was safe, fun and I made loads of good friends.

1. IzzyM profile image88
        IzzyMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No you're right. I wouldn't be so two-faced as to say one thing in public and do another in private. But then all politicians are the same. That's why we hate them so much - none of them deserves our vote especially after the expenses scandal.
        The guy got a DUI too, he must have thought he was above the law. Typical politician!

14. profile image0

I agree Izzy, but you don't think being gay is a sin and make a career being part of the Christian right who thinks it is.

1. IzzyM profile image88
      IzzyMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nope, nor do I understand where this christian movement came from. There are plenty christian churches in the UK and none of them are gay-bashers, as far as I'm aware. They all accept people for what they are. Even Spain, a Catholic country, allow gay marriages and you never hear of gay-bashing here; the people are tolerant of everything - laid back - when I say everything I obviously don't mean everything - like they hate pedophiles and rapists and murderers and the like - but ordinary people going about their business and not bothering anyone else, no probs.

1. profile image0
        Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think that this might be an American thing. We have a Religious Right here that seems uniquely Puritanical and Hateful.

1. kerryg profile image83
          kerrygposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, even the Catholic Church seems nastier here - just look at their recent behavior in DC. Apparently they feel that discriminating against people based on their sexual orientation is more important behavior for Christians than helping children and the needy. roll

1. livelonger profile image86
            livelongerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's called "effortless virtue." It's easy to bash gay people when it doesn't require any change in your own behavior.

Quite a bit more difficult to follow Christianity's other commandments to take care of the poor, love everyone, etc.

2. thisisoli profile image70
          thisisoliposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hehe that's true, one of the first questions my future american inlaws asked was what denomination of Christian I was, they did not even conceive that I might not be religious.

Over here in the UK and a fair amount of Europe, religion is much more of a background thing. I can't speak for the entirity of america, since my view is still fairly limited, but even in the liberal areas the religious intolerance seems just a little bit stronger than I am used to, it kinda freaks me out a little bit!

1. Sab Oh profile image57
            Sab Ohposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Was it "intolerant" of them to ask you that?

1. thisisoli profile image70

No, the intolerance comes in where I actually have to pretend to be religious to be accepted by her grandparents, just like my fiancée has to pretend to be religious if she wants anything to do her grandparents as well.

That is true intolerance. I don't care if they are religious, but they care if I am not religious.

1. Ralph Deeds profile image64
                Ralph Deedsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If I had been one of your prospective in-laws and was concerned about such an issue, which I'm not, I would have asked that question of my daughter, not my prospective son-in-law.

2. Sab Oh profile image57

You didn't say anything about 'pretending' in your previous post.

15. Rayalternately profile image60
    Rayalternatelyposted 14 years ago

politician = liar. Well what a shocker! big_smile

lol lol

16. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Has he "come out" yet? lol

1. profile image0

That wouldn't be you being a bit naughty earnestshub would it?

1. earnestshub profile image79
        earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Moi? lol

2. profile image0

lol  He might have came....I'm not sure about came out though?? lol
      Why does it seem to be the republicans always getting caught with boys or in gay situations?....Or is it just my imagination that they are the ones we hear about all the time??

1. profile image0
        Kenrick Chatmanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think a few Democrats have been busted in these types of situations... However, they typically do not vehemently protest this type of behavior like some if not several Republicans. Likewise, people tend to remember Republicans like this individual mentioned in the article.

1. profile image0

You are probably right Kendrick! smile

1. profile image0

Thanks StormRyder.

17. profile image0
    Kenrick Chatmanposted 14 years ago

An unidentified man was in the vehicle with him. lol...

It was probably Mitch McConnell who appears to be a bit light on his feet!

1. profile image0

lol...

18. thisisoli profile image70
    thisisoliposted 14 years ago

To be honest the problem is not with the hypocritical gays who promote anti-gay bills, the problem is with those who would have never let them get to the position they are in if they were openly gay. The problem is that in many systems the people who don't let the gays in to power, are the voters.

Who "would never let them"?

1. thisisoli profile image70

The voters, collateral low level homophobia is a big hurdle for the few openly gay politicians.

19. Uninvited Writer profile image79

He will probably be like that minister who was caught in a gay affair (can't remember his name) but his wife has forgiven him and he has said he is not now or has never been gay so all is forgotten now...

However, if he were a liberal politician people would still be calling for his head.

It is fine to be a gay politician but not admitting it to the voters out of fear of reprisal, it is another thing when you are constantly condemning gays and denying them rights.

20. torimari profile image67
    torimariposted 14 years ago

Ah, the tasty irony.

21. kerryg profile image83
    kerrygposted 14 years ago

Haha, I do love watching the hypocrites squirm.

But I would love it more if their own self-loathing wasn't driving them to make policy decisions that hurt real people, including some I love.

22. skyfire profile image78
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

http://feministing.com/imageStorage/dumbledore-is-gay-lolcat.jpg

23. Mamelody profile image61
    Mamelodyposted 14 years ago

Another nincompoop that should be shot for wasting everybody's time..

24. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 14 years ago

Mark,
    Why are you taking such an interest in lil' ol' me?
    I'm nowhere near as experienced as you around here.
    But anyway, hey, I do have a hub in the works, dedicated to you. 
    I'm sure you're waiting with bated breath! (NOT) haha.

You won't like it.

Should I refrain from dedicating it to you?

25. profile image0

Oh wait....

I think I've been too hasty in assuming you have some special interest in my posts, Mark.

I bet you treat every Conservative and/or Christian with the same disdain.

Only the hypocrites, sweetie pie, only the hypocrites....... wink

1. profile image0

I see.
        So...you're trying to save me from what you perceive as the error of my ways, right?

Not in the slightest. I am pointing out that you are in no position to be pointing the finger at anyone.

I have no interest in saving you whatsoever. But people who go around preaching when they are not perfect invariably cause srife and arguments.

As you do.

So - I am attempting to get you to be a genuine christian instead of a hypocrite in the hope that if I can get enough of you to be so - the world will become a better place.

Make sense?

As an example - The Arch Boishop of Canterbury has been preaching a LOT about the "ills of secular greed" and the need to "invest ethically".

The CoE just recently lost £60 million in a dodgy real estate deal that involved illegally evicting rent controlled tenants from their homes in NYC.

I guess the reason I am so against your religion is that it is very much a "do as I say, not as I do" religion. Disgusting really and has caused 1800 years of wars.

Take yourself as another example.

Publicly claiming to be scared of those who go against the Word - and doing so yourself. Defending yourself all the while. Hypocrites, Brenda - Hypocrites. Jeebus had a few words to say about them also if I recall. wink

1. profile image0

Scared?

I'm not personally scared of them.

I fear for the morality of this nation as a whole and I fear for the souls of innocents individually who are being led astray by the liberal mindset.

Yes, it makes sense----you don't care about my soul,  you just want to tell me how to be something that you yourself have no interest in being.

No - I want you to be what you are claiming to be and stop being a hypocrite.

You fear but are quite happy to go against the word yourself?

Don't you think that the example you set as a divorced woman living in adultery is exactly the sort of "liberal mindset" you are preaching against? wink

26. profile image0

oh..

honey bunch!  haha

27. profile image0

What I'm asking is WHY?
    WHY do you want me to stop being what you perceive as a hypocrite?   That's my question.
    You said the world would be a better place.   How would it be a better place?
    You said I'm not perfect.  I agree!   How would the world be a better place if I were perfect??   Jesus was perfect,  and yet you refuse to listen to Him.    I am "perfect" in Him because I'm a sinner saved by His grace.
    What is it you're looking for, Mark?  Perfection?  Then you've missed out on it so far, because you ignore the One who is Perfect.

LOLOL

The world would be a better place if you practiced what you preached.

But - it seems that is not necessary. You can go around demonstrating "the liberal mindset" by getting a divorce and living in adultery.

Yet you feel you are qualified to preach out loud that others should not do things that you percieve to be the "liberal mindset" and corrupting others.

See how this is hypocrisy and people will not be able to take what you say seriously - because you do not follow the rules you preach about?

And you do not understand why this causes strife and wars? sad

So - when you tell me I am missing out on perfection - I cannot believe you because you are such a hypocrite. See? wink

28. profile image0

What I see is that you cannot believe a sinner can get forgiveness for their sins.

I'm so glad God is more forgiving than you, Mark.

I wonder if you would feel the same if it was President Obama we were speaking of.

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
        rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yes, I caught that also. as long as it's someone she likes.

when people think this way, there is no logic in their viewpoints.

2. profile image0

Absolutely!
        Obama has the same chance to get forgiveness as anyone else does.
        But forgiveness requires recognition of one's sin and being repentant for them.    I see no indication that Obama is repentant of anything at all.

2. Mark Knowles profile image58

Not at all sweetie pie. LOLOLOLO I said quite clearly what I meant. You are preaching and doing the things you preach against.

There is a word for this. lol lol

Christian.

lol

Damn Brenda, you sure love a good fight.. good luck though.. Mark's a tough one big_smile

1. profile image0

Even he has a soft spot somewhere in his heart.
          Wouldn't be human if he didn't.
          I will find the soft spot if it takes me......a whole day!  ahhaaa

Dear me.

I have no soft spots for hypocrites who preach "do as I say, not as I do," Brenda. Sorry.

1. profile image0

I wasn't referring to any "soft spot" for me.
              I mean there must be a soft spot somewhere in your heart for Jesus.
              But I probably was dreaming to think I could find it.
              He can, Mark.  He can.
              I just hope there's one there, when He comes to find it.

Rubbish. I don't need your incredibly misguided interpretation of the bible sweetie pie.  A long dead maybe does not need anything from me and I got what I need from the bible long ago thanks.

Lets get back to the subject at hand which is hypocritical preachers who do not do as they preach huh wink_

29. profile image0
    JeanMeriamposted 14 years ago

Well I don't get it. Why can't you have openly gay politicians in the states? I find it funny when I hear the arguments about family values. What kind of family value is it to hate and condemn other people's children or possibly your own?

He's a politician. He has to say what the voters want to hear to keep his job whether he holds the same beliefs or not.

The DUI is what is serious here. That could cause actual harm to another person.

We do have a few openly gay politicians in the U.S., most notably Congressman Barney Frank from Massachusetts, chairman of the House Financial Services Committee. There are several openly gay mayors also. However, in many states and jurisdictions (Red states)being openly gay would mean the odds of getting elected near zero.

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_10181376

http://www.queerty.com/polis-to-become- … -20080813/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barney_Frank

30. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Sin? What a joke.

31. livelonger profile image86
    livelongerposted 14 years ago

I thought this article was hilarious (I am in no way connected with the author and get no sort of kickback!): Top Five Republican Gay Sex Scandals

It's a list of the top 5 only in 2007... Of course, since then, there have been dozens more.

The intro is hilarious:
    "It’s gone past ridiculous and straight to the absurd. At this point, it appears your average public restroom has more gay Republicans in it than clean handtowels. The “holier-than-thou” party has spent an awful lot of time on their knees this past year, but they haven’t been doing a lot of praying." lol

32. profile image0

I think I touched a nerve there.
    We're making progress! big_smile

Yes. I thought I made it clear that I think hypocrites  are a bad thing and cause conflict and violence wheresoever they go. Was I not clear Brenda? I am not a big fan of deliberately obtuse either. I find it dishonest.

I will try and be more clear in future. wink

33. Pandoras Box profile image60
    Pandoras Boxposted 14 years ago

If I was a male republican, who actually wasn't gay, I don't think I'd visit the men's restroom at any republican conventions.

1. profile image0

Or take a shower at the gyms they frequent.

34. creepy profile image57
    creepyposted 14 years ago

im surprised by the reaction of many here i thought liberals liked gay people oh just gay people that vote the way they do i get it

Not people who deny gays rights. It's the hypocrisy that gets to people.

1. creepy profile image57
        creepyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hypocrisy like saying i didnt have sex with that woman but i really did    oh yeah thats a lie  i forgot how moral democrats could be

2. kerryg profile image83
      kerrygposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If Barney Frank got caught in the men's restaurant with his pants down and his **** in another guy's mouth, nobody would blink an eye, because Barney Frank has been out for years and doesn't pretend to be something he isn't.

But you can't go around preaching about "family values" and the evils of gay marriage and expect people to let it slide when you get caught in that situation. It's the hypocrisy people are scoffing at, not the orientation.

Are you kidding? Certain people would be screaming for his head smile

screaming for his head    thats funny

i personally like head from a woman

but whatever

He's been 'caught' doing a lot worse than that and he's still there in the Congress.

2. creepy profile image57

its not the hypocrisy its that a conservative got caught doing something wrong in your eyes

the truth is hypocrisy is a virtue in dc

and the republicans have not cornered the market on that virtue

not by a long shot

3. Ralph Deeds profile image64

We just don't like gay, phony homophobic Republicans. You sound like a whining Republican to me. Are you gay and creepy or just creepy?

is this what they call a personal attack

Seems like one.

35. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

It's Sunday Knuckleheads give it a rest!big_smile

36. Uninvited Writer profile image79

Hypocrisy like denying rights to people and condemning them for how they lead their lives and lets not forget the DUI.

And I'm not a Democrat.

how does one man deny rights to many people 

what about the dui

is that a sign of his lack of morals or a mistake that 1000s of people make everyday

maybe youre right

we should shoot him to make an example of him

love your tolerance

37. creepy profile image57
    creepyposted 14 years ago

wasnt calling you a democrat

democrats in general

38. Uninvited Writer profile image79

DUI is illegal regardless of who you are. It would be just the same if a Democrat who condemned gays was caught coming out of a gay bar and arrested for DUI.

no it wouldnt

thats the hypocrisy

39. Uninvited Writer profile image79

Yes it would be...the conservative pundits love to bring up wrongdoings by liberals while ignoring those of conservatives.

no they dont

they do not deny what someone has done

they hold them to task for it

are you sure youre not a democrat

you sound like one

40. Uninvited Writer profile image79

Actually, when I posted this I had no idea he was a Republican. The National Post is not exactly known for it's "liberal" views.

national post

i am unfamiliar with the national post

That is where the news story came from. It's a major Canadian newspaper.

oh

youre canadian then

You have newspapers up there? I thought you just carved stuff on trees for the next hiker to find.

(j/k)

41. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

susan, he sounds like someone we know, doesn't he? 
    have you checked his hub? hmm

I am becoming a little suspicious smile

2. creepy profile image57

you dont like my hub

hmmm, you do realize how to spell pictures?

i do but my P key doesnt work big_smile

hmmm, I'm going back outside on the patio. wink

ah the atio

see there it goes again

" my P key doesnt work "

You should see your urologist.

42. sunforged profile image70
    sunforgedposted 14 years ago

i read the original article but not all 7 pages of responses..theoretically, a politicians vote should reflect their constituency's wishes not their own personal beliefs.

I also despise hypocrisy and limitations on personal freedoms but I would equally despise an elected official who did not represent the interests of those who elected them

note: I know nothing about this individuals political base

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)