another health care issue...implanted chips

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (30 posts)
  1. SparklingJewel profile image66
    SparklingJewelposted 14 years ago

I received this today in my e-mail...

If you didn't have a good enough reason to fight this so-called healthcare scheme, now you do!  Refuse to be chipped like a dog!  This is buried in the "healthcare" bill:

http://ppjg.wordpress.com/2010/03/30/re … -registry/

2. TheGlassSpider profile image67
    TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years ago

They'll have to kill me first.

3. Ohma profile image61
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

This is the kind of crap buried in the bill that the Dem's say we are imagining.
    I agree spider me too!

1. TheGlassSpider profile image67
      TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That sort of thing is SO creepy. I'm not a violent person, and I even respect the government. But there is no way NO WAY I'll ever accept such a thing.

I would mutilate myself to have it out if it were forced on me. I would die fighting it. I would hope not to have to kill, but as far as I'm concerned such a thing threatens my (and anyone else's) very survival. I would hope that the powers that be would know enough to leave well enough alone. There's no good reason such a device couldn't be used in a card - which would, admittedly, only make it slightly better.

*heebee jeebees* If it really comes to that, I'm getting the hell out of here.

1. Sab Oh profile image57
        Sab Ohposted 14 years agoin reply to this

DO NOT RESIST. THEY KNOW BETTER THAN YOU. YOU WILL SEE HOW WONDERFUL IT IS AFTER YOU HAVE BEEN IMPLANTED.

*dreadful vision of pod people* LOL Sab Oh. I think you hear me.

4. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Wanna know what I think of the new law NOW?? go read my forum post about Obamacare! Sorry, but I'm mad and upset!

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61
      Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ummmmmm, seems it was all about nothing...(check latest post)

As is this thread.

You should check the credibility of your sources before going off the deep end.

Or just continue to live your lives in irrational fear, it's all up to you.

While I do not know if mandatory chipping is or is not included in the health care bill, there is plenty of evidence to suggest that the government is very, very interested in the RFID chip and its use for the general population. Check it out. All you have to do is type it into the search engine.

They've already begun to use them.

5. SandyMcCollum profile image64
    SandyMcCollumposted 14 years ago

That's science fiction! I'd never agree to it... it sure brings up a lot of questions for me. I have no idea what's in that health care bill, but I don't know a single person who's for it.

1. profile image0
      Kenrick Chatmanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am for it and know plenty others who are including my friends who are physicians.

I'm sure big brother loves you.

1. profile image0
          Kenrick Chatmanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well they understand the dangers of people living without medical insurance and not participating in routine checkups.

Likewise, when several of these people eventually visit the hospital suffering from unbearable pain, in most cases this could have been prevented at a much early stage in the process if detected.

Guess how many of them do not have insurance or the money to pay for their expensive treatments including surgery and prescriptions? You know hospitals, physicians, and other medical workers do not work for free?

I remember from your earlier post that you stated you do not want health insurance. Well big brother is trying to look out for your and other insured tax payers' best interests...

For instance, I would have never known that my cholesterol was borderline high without a routine checkup. Likewise, I have been taking 10mg of Lipitor every other day and my cholesterol has been back to normal. This measure prevented me from doing major damage to my arteries over the long run...

That's all well and good, but what that has to do with the mandated use of implanted RFID chips is beyond me.

ETA: Health care does not necessarily equal insurance. And no, I do not want to be forced to buy insurance, or to feed the insurance companies who - with no qualifications - feel as though they somehow ought to be able to decide what medical procedures one ought to be eligible for.

Notice though, you don't see me protesting wildly or going nuts over the passage of the health care bill. These chips, however, are a completely different story. The sh** will hit the fan if those little monsters are forced upon me, and I recommend you read about them before you go proclaiming loudly your love of them. It's obvious you're not really on top of the meaning of this thread.

2. donotfear profile image83
          donotfearposted 14 years agoin reply to this

YES, BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING.............
          http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y183/fordonotfear/obama0001.jpg?t=1270002882

2. profile image0
      LegendaryHeroposted 14 years agoin reply to this
  6. Doug Hughes profile image61
    Doug Hughesposted 14 years ago

The article cites HR 3200. The 'H' in HR stands for 'House' - as in the House version of the Health Care Bull - which is the version that was totally discarded. Only the Senate version passed - and the 'fixes' in the reconcilliation bill.

Wingnuts, you are being manipulated. They are yanking your chain. You are going for it like a fish for a lure. Why be a sucker for every wild claim?  I seem to recall that the FDA curently tests and classifies every medical device from crutches to pacemakers. Is/was this an extension of that concept with the goal of standardization? I don't know. 

A little sanity, if you please.

You can call people names all you want and be deprecatory all you want. As I stated before, since I haven't made it all the way through the monster health care bill - I don't know if the chips are in there or not. But the fact of the matter is they exist, they are in use, they have been/are being tested. There is PLENTY to read about them from all kinds of people.

The government is intensely interested in them, and people have already begun to use them. There are people running around who have them in their hands already. You can call it wingnuts all you want - as far as I'm concerned the people who even developed such technology (and it DOES exist) and those who want to use it are the wingnuts.

Keep your insults to yourself, sir.

ETA: And as for the FDA: have you seen a commercial for medication recently? Or better yet...have you had a chance to notice the slew of class action suits against pharmaceutical companies because their FDA-approved drugs are killing people? Hmm...makes me wonder if the FDA is doing their job.

1. Doug Hughes profile image61
        Doug Hughesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

", since I haven't made it all the way through the monster health care bill - I don't know if the chips are in there or not. "

But you are quite willing to promote a panic about an issue that I showed was decpetive at best, a grosss misrepresenation probably, and might not even exist in ANY form in the health care bill that became law.

But  I do respect your constitutional right to be paranoid.

No, I am not promoting panic in any way, shape, or form - I am merely stating how I personally feel about the possible use of RFID chips implanted into humans. Anyone else is free to have them or not, or do whatever they want with them. What is written is my opinion alone.

I might not have read the whole bill, but I have read plenty about the chips and they scare the crap outta me - and I'm not afraid to admit it.

1. profile image0
            PrettyPantherposted 14 years agoin reply to this

In your original OP, you stated "this is buried in the health care bill."  You didn't state that you didn't know whether or not it is in there; you stated that it is in there.

Please take responsibility for your own spreading of misinformation.

And, like Doug said, you do have a right to be paranoid, but I suggest it would be helpful if you didn't try to spread it to other people.

Although, it is your right.

What are you talking about? I didn't open this thread...I merely commented on it.

1. profile image0
                PrettyPantherposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ack!  You are right.  I apologize for attributing words to you that you did not write.

roll  [The rolled eyes are for me.]

Hey it's all right; stuff happens. wink We can even disagree and still be friends. smile

It's all good.

@ Ron: Would it surprise you to know that: I hardly know anything about Palin except that she was McCain's running mate and her daughter got preggers...and that a lot of people make fun of her.

Limbaugh? lol From what I hear, he's a total a**, but to give the benefit of the doubt--I've honestly never actually heard a single word from his lips or read a single thing he's written (or witnessed whatever it is he does-radio?)

And I don't even know who Beck is (unless you're talking about the musician who made Mellow Gold, among other things, and I'm pretty sure you're not).

I'm sure that makes me dreadfully naive. lol My opinion on this matter is the result of other sources of information and personal, visceral revulsion.

2. Padrino profile image59
        Padrinoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Don't worry about not being all the way through the bill yet, no Congressperson or Senator has even read it, except maybe the ones who voted NO!

1. livewithrichard profile image73
          livewithrichardposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No but when someone tries to feed you a line as fact about this law you can check it out yourself. 

The actual bill H.R. 3590 which became Public Law No: 111-148

This opens as a .pdf with a nifty "find" box at the top. Just type in any word or phrase you would like to investigate and it will search the entire document, all 2409 pages of it.

There is no terminology for any implanted devices in this law. Yes, the technology is available but it is not being forced on anyone with this law.

Also, here is H.R. 4872 (The Reconciliation Act, or "the fixes") and there is no mention of implanted devices in there either.

7. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

We never hear 'everything' in any bill anyway ,so whats the big deal about this one.

If I had a loved one denied health insurance , Id have signed it like yesterday ....

Another thing many people simply cannot to pay for insurance NOW as companies insist they must. In some cases premiums a third of their wages...

It is long over-due that power be taken from Health Insurance companies who in my opinion have grossly misused it.

And another thing what the hell is this obscession with drugs and zillions of drugstores all over America.
    Is everyone sick , most of the time??
    Seriously ya cant drive i/2 a mile without a large drugstore perched on a corner ,an then their competitors on the opposite corner. Shelves lined with varietys of the same thing?

Doesnt anyone think society is maybe expecting to be always unwell, or are we being told we are-subtle brainwashing.

Actually if you or I, ever needs surgery ,how would we ever know whats 'all been done'...I mean half the population could be walking around already with 'added bits' lol

8. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

mandatory chipping would be a horrible idea. they might make crimes against children even worse. if a pedophile knows a child he snagged could be tracked, instead of molesting him or her and letting them go, which is horrible enough, they might put the kid in a lead box or an underground chamber to block the signal. or try to 'surgically remove' it. parents need to be more accountable and take care of their children better. we already have labels on everything. all the labels in the world aren't going to save children from neglect.

9. Ron Montgomery profile image61
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

Is it any wonder this crowd honors Palin, Limbaugh, and Beck?

10. Sab Oh profile image57
    Sab Ohposted 14 years ago

It's all just part of "growing up" as a country. Europe will respect us once we all have chips. Why do you hate poor people? Trust your betters.

etc.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)