The latest on our President and the Democrats on Israel

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (19 posts)
  1. Harvey Stelman profile image60
    Harvey Stelmanposted 13 years ago

Read this link and tell me you knew the real story before reading it. http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articl … 05387.html

1. Doug Hughes profile image60
      Doug Hughesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"Former U.S. President Jimmy Carter called the blockade imposed on the Gaza Strip a "crime and an atrocity" on Thursday, and said U.S. attempts to undermine the Islamist movement Hamas had been counterproductive.

Speaking at the American University in Cairo after talks with Hamas leaders from Gaza, Carter said Palestinians in Gaza were being "starved to death", receiving fewer calories a day than people in the poorest parts of Africa. "

This is from 2008 but I think the blockade and conditions for Palistinians have not improved.   Starving the Palistinains in NOT a workable strategy for peace inthe Mideast.  It's brutal - it's unChristian - it's barbaric!  Israel IS a soverign nation - they don't have to do what we ask. And we don't have to protect them when that angry mob of Palistinians and the rest of the Arab world turns on the bully that Isral is acting like.

Harvey Stelmanposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Doug, You use that anti-Semite Carter as a good source. Why not try Googling Carter and anti-Semitism and find out for yourself, I know you won't believe what I say.

Israel has provided food, medicine, energy and water to the Palestinians in the Gaza. Lets not forget Israel also gave the Gaza to the Palestinians a while ago. Why don't you blame Egypt for cutting off the Palestinins?

Egypt blocks their border, destroys their tunnels (that bring in weapons) and they don't give them anything. They have expelled Palestinians from Egypt.

Jordon does NOT wwant any more Palestinians, even though they talk a good game.

Keep blaming Israel for all the Palestinian problems. What have they done with the billions they have received, besides buy arms and killing?

2. rhamson profile image70
      rhamsonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This whole thing is like watching a ball game and falling asleep in the 5th or 6th inning and waking up in the 9th to discover the score has changed.  How and when it changed is a complete mystery.

Picking a point in time to illustrate when and who escalated the conflict and who started what is a "Nanny-Nanny-Boo-Boo" scenario.

When did the conflict begin?  Who profited from the result?  And at whos' expense was the result  justified?  Simple questions no one wants to answer.

2. lovemychris profile image77
    lovemychrisposted 13 years ago

This is the best news I've read all day!!! And I haven't really read it yet...it's long and I'm tired. But if this means that the Democrats are finally waking up to the horror that is Zionism...Hooray!!!
    It's about damm time.
    And of course the Repubs are behind the atrocities committed against Palestine...they are Neo-Cons!
    They have an agenda...the project for a new American century...World take-over...The New World Order..it be them.
    Well, at least the Middle East anyway..where the oil is/was...it's Africa now isn't it? Africom the new Palestine?
    It's genocide going on right before everybody's eyes with nothing being done about it.
    Nuclear weapons...hello.
    Intifada....60+ years...that's a long time to be oppressed and brutalized.

Oh yes! Another reason to like Obama...
    Oh, and try reading J Street for a change, or Rabbi's against Zionism...and watch Occupation 101_avi....plenty of Jews are horrified by the Likud gvt. as well.
    Dare to Hope....Dare to Hope....Dare to Hope......maybe it WON'T turn out like the RF's want it to. (Rotten F**ks)

love, Love yourself! You name all the anti-Jewish organizations, including self hating Jews. You want Israel wiped out without understanding what Israel has done for you.

First- The Gaza was given to the Palestinians over a year ago. For this Israel was hit by thousands of rockets by Hamas; would you want to stop an enemy that did this to you.
      Second- Three Arab countries have kicked out the Palestinians when Arafat brought them there.
      Third- What have the Palestinians done to help their people; why are there still refugee camps.
      Fourth- Why do you think Israel has built a wall to keep Palestinians from killing Israeli's?

You evidentally have no idea of how Israel has helped you.
      1- Do you have Instant Messanger?
      2- http://www.squidoo.com/chutzpatent
      3-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio-frequency_identification
      4- http://www.google.com/search?q=israeli+ … 1I7DKUS_en

Why not see all that Israel has to offer you vs oil.

3. lovemychris profile image77

Breaking the silence: Israeli soldiers speak out
    Burning Conscience: Israeli Soldiers Speak Out

4. lovemychris profile image77

05/ 2/10 12:02 PM  PARIS — More than 3,000 European Jews, including prominent intellectuals, have signed a petition speaking out against Israeli settlement policies and warning that systematic support for the Israeli government is dangerous.

systematic support of Israeli government policy is dangerous and does not serve the true interests of the state of Israel."

That's how you make your pont, Chris. Bravo! Now give us the citation - where that's from.  I know yourheart is in the right place, but you piss me off half the time by ranting like a leftie version of a libertarian who should remain nameless.

Doug, I finally agree with you. I'll bet my links wer never read, you should take  look at them.

I read the article - basicly a claim that there is a divide along party lines of eroding democratic support for Israel and blind GOP support for anything Israel want to do to Moslems. Punishing everyone in Gaza for the radicals sho have shot rockets from Gaza has radicalized the entire Palistinain population in Gaza and motivated the entire Arab world against Israel.

I read the article. It doesn't talk about WNY democrats are threatening to withhold support for our lon-time frined. They are pursuing the most bone-headedly stupid  policy in the region. It's a formula for growing regional conflict. I want the policy to change NOW so we can go back to supporting Israel. If it doesn't change, I hope we can evacuate some of the Jewish civilians from Israel when that country is overrun and conquored.

5. secularist10 profile image59
    secularist10posted 13 years ago

This is indeed fantastic news. It's about time the US government showed at least SOME hesitation before blindly supporting Israel... you know, like every single other country the US supports.

This is especially important because Israel oppresses innocent men, women and children day in and day out, while giving license to religious fundamentalists as a matter of course.

I have little doubt that I will be called an anti-semite Jew-hater. Par for the course when talking with Israel supporters.

6. lovemychris profile image77

First of all...self-hating Jews is a disgusting phrase if ever there was one....
    What a horrible thing to call someone who thinks differently than you do!
    Here you are calling people out for hate...what would you call yourself, an Arab hater?
    Oh no...you don't hate I know, you just support bombing little children and babies, using white phosphorous on civilians, throwing people out of their homes and stealing their land. What is that, love?
    And how dare you call IDF soldiers Jew haters!
    They just happen to have a conscience, something Bebe and Livni lack.

And sorry if I piss you off Doug...that's  just how I am. I could try to contain myself and act more sensible...but isn't the point to be yourself? Is this my job or something? No, it's a forum of speech, and I am just one speaker. I don't do it to please anyone.

Now I just hope the people who have started to come out of their shells a little and speak truth to power will not cave in!
    This is the United States of America, not an out-post colony of Israel!

Read More: Bernard-Henri Levy, Europe Petition, Israel, Israel Petition, World News

1. Padrino profile image60
      Padrinoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"I could try to contain myself and act more sensible..."

lollollollollollol

7. lovemychris profile image77

Hasbarat

8. Ralph Deeds profile image65
    Ralph Deedsposted 13 years ago

Obama mends Israel fences with Elie Wiesel here:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/05/world … amp;st=cse

9. lovemychris profile image77

What is he apologizing for?
    The settlements are ILLEGAL!
    Israel has nuclear weapons, and refuses to sign the non-proliferation treaty.
    They break International Law on a daily basis, and people act like it's nothing.

This is azzbackwards.
    Is everyone under a spell or something?

This guy must be right:
    "Every time we do something you tell me America will do this and will do that . . . I want to tell you something very clear: Don't worry about American pressure on Israel. We, the Jewish people, control America, and the Americans know it."  - Israeli Prime Minister, Ariel Sharon, October 3, 2001

1. rhamson profile image70
      rhamsonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

From the horses mouth!

2. Ralph Deeds profile image65
      Ralph Deedsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"What is he apologizing for?"

Good question. For only giving them $4 billion last year??

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)