Have you heard this about Hillary??

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (66 posts)
  1. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Obviously, I'm on the puter, but hubby is watching the news, so I can't help but hear it, also. Knowing my husband, I'm sure it's FOX he's watching, just to let you know.

Democrat delegates for the 2008 election were just being interviewed, and they claim that they were forced to cast their votes for Obama when they intended to vote for Hil. Do you know anything about this?

1. Sylvie Strong profile image60
      Sylvie Strongposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Of course they were compelled.  Hilary was popular in the democratic party establishment and it is no surprise that some delegates would have preferred her.  But delegates are agents of the democratic party.  It would be perverse indeed if Obama was entitled to lead the ticket for the democratic party in the general election based on the will of voters during the democratic primaries (and he was) and then Hilary is selected to run for president in his stead because of the preferences of unelected delegates.

1. William R. Wilson profile image60
        William R. Wilsonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This.

2. Daniel Carter profile image63
      Daniel Carterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Obama one-upped her. Hil just didn't have enough time to think about rigging it all in her favor, otherwise, she would have done it first. She is as calculating as the president. No ifs, ands, or buts.

3. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

hahahha, Fox tells so many lies it is just silly.  Their new plan of attack is to force all their local news networks to report the same garbage.  Sad, so sad.

1. Jim Hunter profile image60
        Jim Hunterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What are the lies?

1. Pcunix profile image91
          Pcunixposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Why don't you watch it and see for yourself (Jim has said elsewhere that he doesn't get to see Fox News).   Or check their website?  Contrast that against news that really is "Fair and Balanced" like National Public Radio.

How do I know that is fair?  Because they tell me things I don't like as often as they tell me things that support my views.  Because they do honest interviews with Conservatives and Liberals without snide commentary.

Fox News was banned from either England or the U.K (I forget) specifically because of their obvious conservative bias.   The network is plainly an outlet for Rupert's personal opinions.

So what are the lies?

Isn't sky news the fox sister station in the UK?
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sky_News

Isn't it owned by Rupert Murdoch?

He owns quite a bit of media in the UK.

Seems your news isn't too reliable.

1. Pcunix profile image91

My apologies. It was Canada.  You might want to go read the Wikipediia article on the channel you don't watch but think is wonderful just the same.

I think it is rather interesting how many conservatives claim never to have watched Fox, but are quick to defend it anyway.

I'm always quick to defend anybody or anything from the lies of the left.

I won't even bother to find out if you are correct about Canada I will assume its just more of the same.

I couldn't resist looking. 

Wikipedia says fox is shown in Canada.
                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_news#Other_countries

2. William R. Wilson profile image60

Pretty much anything that comes out of Glenn Beck's mouth.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image60
            Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The problem with Glenn Beck is that his opinions cannot be backed up by evidence.  He has developed some strange, sick following and unfortunately that following largely believes Beck’s words are gospel.  Recently, as you probably know, he launched his own online university where individuals can take classes on history, economy, and religion.  Yikes.  Learning history and economics from Glenn Beck would be like trying to learn respect and humility from Kanye West.

Here are some of Glenn Beck’s claims, all proven completely false by Pulitzer Prize winning site politifact.com:

1. Labor union president Andy Stern is “most frequent visitor” at the White House.
            2.Less than 10% of Obama’s Cabinet appointees “have any experience in the private sector.”
            3.“Mitt Romney … gave you government health care that is now bankrupting the state” of Massachusetts.
            4.Forty-five percent of doctors “say they’ll quit” if health care reform passes.
            5.“Why do we have automatic citizenship upon birth? We’re the only country in the world that has it.”
            6.“In the health care bill, we’re now offering insurance for dogs.”
            7.John Holdren, director of the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy, “has proposed forcing abortions and putting sterilants in the drinking water to control population.”
            8.Franklin Roosevelt never allocated more than 12 percent of GDP to federal spending, while the percentage for Barack Obama is not projected to drop below 22.8 percent.
            9.Chile ranks third internationally in economic freedom, while the U.S. ranks 17th.
            10.“You don’t know if this (the H1N1 vaccine) is gonna cause neurological damage like it did in the 1970s.”
            There are hundreds more of course, but the main point of concern is this: What happens to education when it is based upon opinions without evidence?  What happens to education when poor opinions are disguised as fact?

Previously, I used to simply think that lunatics like Beck and Limbaugh were simply “entertainers.”  I falsely hoped that their audience understood that they were crazy and delusional, and that they made such ridiculous statements only to grow their audience.  I assumed it was all about money: I’ll say the dumbest things I can so people keep returning to hear what dumb thing I’ll say next.  But now Beck has his own university?

You realize of course that some percentage of Fox viewers will enroll in Beck’s university and consider themselves to be educated in history, economics, and religion, right?  You realize how scary that is, right?  Of course, Beck’s university is in no way accredited and whatever “degree” you earn from it won’t mean anything at all.  Glnen Beck does not even have a graduate level degree.  How can he pretend to create a university

http://joechianakas.wordpress.com/2010/ … niversity/

"Learning history and economics from Glenn Beck would be like trying to learn respect and humility from Kanye West."

I don't think he could teach me much about history but the guy is obviously making some money.

And that's a sure sign of virtue in Libertarian Land.

2. Jim Hunter profile image60

Is he a news anchor?

3. Ralph Deeds profile image65
          Ralph Deedsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Turn on you Television tonight and you'll hear three hours of lies, spin and misinformation.

Ive been getting that here from your buddies.

Is fox only on for 3 hours?

I see you are talking about the commentators who are expressing their opinion.

How is that different from MSNBC?

2. donotfear profile image83
        donotfearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I thought this thread was about Hillary Clinton?

2. profile image0
    ralwusposted 13 years ago

Well, I figured the fix was in when the Kennedys sided with Obama.

3. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image60
    VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 13 years ago

Normally all women, irrespespective of nationality, are very much short tempered and will take hasty decisions. They will not analyse the pros and cons of their actions and decisions. In a time when America is pitted in an economic crisis, it would have proved disastrous if Ms.Hillary became President.

In 1971, when Mrs.Indira Gandhi was Indian Prime Minister, she one day called on Gen.Maneksha, then Army chief and march the army into East Pakistan. But the Army Chief prevailed on her not to act hastily and time was not ripe for that. It was harvest season. All the muslim countries were with Pakistan. No other country would help India, if war breaks out. So, she let the suffering of East Bengalis to their fate for 9 months, suffering at the hands of Pakistan army. Taking all precautions, she declared war on 3-12-1971 on Pakistan and reaped a decisive victory. If she had ignored the Army chief's advise at that time, history would have been different.

That is the difference between men and women in critical times. This applies to Ms.Hillary also.

1. Pearldiver profile image67
      Pearldiverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well.... I suppose if you are correct.. then we would have to blame your mother for your ability to generalise with such raw wisdom. roll

1. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image60
        VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 13 years agoin reply to this

My mother is different for me. She cared for me and I cared for her till her last breath. Because of that, no one will hesitate to tell the truth. If my mother is a woman, then my father was a man. It is not that matter we are discussing.  It is women in polics, who goes to decision making positions. 
        Please have some matured wisdom.

2. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/yy317/mlmvicbc/cheap-drugs.gif

3. psycheskinner profile image85
      psycheskinnerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yea, I'm going to assume your comment is some kind of satire.  Because it is either than you you time travelled here from 100 year ago... which doesn't seem too likely.

4. Greek One profile image63
      Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Don't forget how their menstrual cycles can interfere with their decision making abilities!

4. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

I can't believe you made such a sexist comment!! Women are short tempered? That's almost funny. If that's true, why are men so much more prone to fighting and other forms of aggression? Look at some real statistics before making such a statement.

Now now little lady, calm down.  Have a bon bon.smile

1. habee profile image92
        habeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ha! See, Ron - this is why I love you!

And I love anyone who knows when I'm kidding.

2. Pcunix profile image91

I think the gentleman has made similar comments in the past.  It is probably cultural; my father in law (came over from Italy in the thirties)  had similar disdain for women.

He may eventually gain more wisdom as he is exposed to more women who do not match his stereotypes.

1. Daniel Carter profile image63
        Daniel Carterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Or who woop him upside the head and make him realize women are anyone's equal.

Duh.

2. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image60

As I said, you have come to a hasty conclusion that I am less wise and need more wisdom.  Any matured person can differentiate between the attitudes of men and women. 

Women are more security conscious and fear that someone will trespass into their privacy, even if all are engaged in their own work.

I am place in family and in my society among a lot of women who are very much intelligent, some more intelligent than men. But when they are placed in critical positions, decision making positions, they over-react and spoil the beans.

3. Ralph Deeds profile image65
      Ralph Deedsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"Why are men so much more prone to fighting and other forms of aggression?"

Testosterone?

Getting in touch with their feminine side?

4. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image60

I stand by my comments.  Am I not privileged to comment on women who are my sisters and mothers?  They are all short tempered and come to a wrong conclusion without analysing things...

5. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image60

It is not sexist comment.... It can be gender comment only.  Dont misinterpret.

1. Elpaso profile image61
        Elpasoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I hope you can understand this. There seems to be a language barrier here. Today, in American Society; Women think with a clear head, and act with a sense of Honor and Duty just like Men, here in Modern America; men and women are equal in intellegence and sometimes, in physical strength. This is a different Place and a different Time. I hope you understand and take no offense.

1. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image60

India is not like America.  Here, women are more intelligent than men and lead the family or do their duty with a sense of honour. America is modern to you. But  India is ancient and also modern.  The only thing which differentiate us is that we have not yet tested whether women are equally physically strong.  We shall never test that either.

I take no offence in anything. This is only a discussing forum.

5. wildorangeflower profile image60
    wildorangeflowerposted 13 years ago

I admire Hillary Clinton and she can be a good President, I will wait for that in 2012.

1. tobey100 profile image60
      tobey100posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sadly, you're gonna be disappointed once again.  Hillary's a smart woman.  An excellent politician.  Would probably make a decent President.  She only has one problem.  Her unlikability rating is off the chart based on most polls.  In a nutshell, folks say she's smart, but she's shrew and unlikable.  In politics, image is everything.  Remember Dukakis?  His Presidential aspirations went down the drain just because he climbed into a tank with a helmut on and looked like Beetle Bailey.  Bye bye campaign.  That's just the way it works.  How do you think Obama got elected.  No experience, no background.  Lots of charm and image.

6. tony0724 profile image61
    tony0724posted 13 years ago

I just find it Interesting that no one is talking about Marc Mezvinsky who married Chelsea. Marcs Father Ed Mezvinsky was charged with fraud on a " Nigerian Investment Scam ". And he was also convicted and did 5 years. Marc worked for Goldman Sachs and Chelsea now works for a hedgefund with the help of George Soros. The criminals circle the wagons I guess !

http://www.bbcnewsamerica.com/ed-mezvin … insky.html

Um...what do the purported acts of the father of the husband of hilary's daughter have to do with anything?

1. tony0724 profile image61
        tony0724posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Theives hang in bunches. Doyou think it is any accident the American press did not report this ? And also Hillary had to give back some campaign contributions during the campaign as she was caught accepting from one of the guys on the FBIs wanted list. Even the American press ran that one. Think if she wasn't caught she woulda gave back the money ? Not a chance. And I find the apples don't fall far from the tree as both Marc and Chelsea work for hedge funds now.

It was unreported because it is plainly irrelevant to anything.  What about the father of the father of the man married by the daughter of Hilary Clinton?  The press did not say anything about that guy either.  Clearly more overwhelming evidence of whatever point you are making.  "Thieves hangs in bunches" is not exactly a compelling argument.

But nonetheless the truth. And we all know that American press spins by commission and omission. The BBC told the truth. I know the truth obviously does not interest you.

1. Doug Hughes profile image60
              Doug Hughesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What doesn't interest us is the 'friend-of-the-brother-of the-groom was once arrested for peeing behind a bush. Which is not relevent unless perhaps its George W. Bush. And even then not very relevent.

Guilt by association - done by the right or the left - is cheap gossip.

2. William R. Wilson profile image60

Tony, you might want to check your source.  My security software gave me a warning about the site.  It purports to be the BBC but is obviously not.  And the writing was definitely not BBC material: 

"As his fraudulent activities were discovered, he was referred to as a wave of financial crimes."

Find a better source and I might take your story seriously. 

Edit:  I dug a little further and it looks like Papa was a little nuts, and yes, he did scam a lot of people out of a lot of money.  Here's an interesting story about what he did:

http://money.cnn.com/magazines/moneymag … /index.htm

Thanks Tony, I also found a link with some info about him and edited it into my first post.

Wow and his kid is a hedge funder ? Scary. Think Hillary knew ? Oh and by the way thank you for the additional info William I am gonna be reading it now !

3. Friendlyword profile image59
      Friendlywordposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Tony, this is Sins of the father cheap gossip. And, it's not a crime to work for Goodman Sachs. We would all work there if we had a chance. We have a real problem we have to solve right now.

How are we going to save VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA from the Women of American? He may be off his medication and walking the streets unprotected.

4. William R. Wilson profile image60

So Tony - you do know that G.W. Bush's granddad, Prescott Bush, was an ardent Nazi supporter and even continued to trade with them after we declared war?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2004/se … ndworldwar 

He was also a big supporter of Planned Parenthood.

7. Ron Montgomery profile image60
    Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years ago

Combining Mr.Mezvinki's criminal past with Hillary's...

Well let's just call them ethical miscues, I think a lot of watchdogs will be keeping their eyes on the happy couple.

8. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

Hillary and Mr. Mezvinski are a happy couple?

Now yer startin' rumors.

9. Mighty Mom profile image77

Not I. I'm not starting any rumors. You are the one who said in the same post:
    "Combining Mr. M's criminal past with Hillary's"
    and "the happy couple"
    What other conclusion could I draw?

Kidding.  My post obviously meant that Chelsea and what's his face (I don't actually care much about them) were the happy couple.  Not Hillary and that other What's his name (who I also don't give a rat's patootie about).  It's fodder for TMZ and People magazine - not much else.

It's much more relevant to me that the Chargers are imploding this year.

10. donotfear profile image83
    donotfearposted 13 years ago

I must admit that I favored Mrs. Clinton over Obama, hands down.

11. Arthur Fontes profile image73
    Arthur Fontesposted 13 years ago

The only thing I can say is "I hope no one accepted cigars from the bride's father."

12. Mighty Mom profile image77

Ha ha! I bet the bride's father and the groom's father did sit down to a nice stogey chat.
    Sometimes a cigar is just a ....

And sometimes Lewinsky is just a humidor.

13. Mighty Mom profile image77

How come we never talk about women getting in touch with their masculine side?
    I think that's sexist!

14. Jim Hunter profile image60
    Jim Hunterposted 13 years ago

Where do you get your news from exactly.

I think someones been lying to you.

15. profile image48
    clarkpaul111posted 13 years ago

Hello,

I m clark paul. My hubby is watching the news, so I can't help but hear it, also.Fox News was banned from either England or the U.K specifically because of their obvious conservative bias. The network is plainly an outlet for Rupert's personal opinions.I m very happy after using this forum.

Thank You.

16. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image60
    VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 13 years ago

The attitude of Ms.Hillary can be viewed with reference to the arguments during her presidential race with MR.Obama. She even cited MR.Kennedy and Lincoln in her speeches.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)