Limbaugh or Beck: Who's the Bigger Idiot?

Jump to Last Post 1-24 of 24 discussions (100 posts)
  1. Paul Wingert profile image60
    Paul Wingertposted 13 years ago

These two clowns have a combined IQ that equals a small light bulb and yet they have a following. Limbaugh radio show boasts that it's the most trusted news source. Right wing Republicans rate him about 24% as trustworthy. Everyone else rates him at less than 2%. Beck is just a plain jerk who likes the sound of his own voice and has a chalk board fetish.

1. profile image52
      Willie Jposted 13 years agoin reply to this

My step father had the perfect reply for people such as yourself.
      While watching a well known comedian one night on the TV he began laughing so loud that he woke my mother, she snapped at him to turn that thing off, the woman was just an idiot. His reply: " I wish you were an idiot like that instead of a real idiot"
           If you could hear the things that you say, you might be more careful of what you say. Have a wonderful day sir.

2. profile image0
      PrettyPantherposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Neither Limbaugh nor Beck are stupid.  They have found an easy way to make money.  Too bad their listeners don't realize the scam that's being perpetrated upon them.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image60
        Ron Montgomeryposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Absolutely correct.  Neither is stupid, their followers however...

2. Nick Malizia profile image61
        Nick Maliziaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This kind of "stupidity" cuts both ways. No matter what gradation of the political spectrum, you'll have opportunists. People could save a (bleep)-load of money if they shut the media charlatans.

Quit subscribing to that frivolous talk-show inspired rag! 20 pages for 5.00 a piece, are you kidding me? Wake up! lol. (But serious.)

3. Daniel Carter profile image62
        Daniel Carterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Bingo.

In Monopoly you would pass Go and collect $200. But since it's real life, you don't win anything. All we get in real life is the satisfaction of knowing they are hucksters and conartists.

3. Reality Bytes profile image74
      Reality Bytesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Chris Matthews actually overshadows everyone when it comes to idiocy.  I wonder why he was not included in the list.  Hmmm.

1. Nick Malizia profile image61

Cuts both ways. You're right. They're all distractions to confuse "the li'l people" like those pulp-sci-fi novels where a monster manifests from the populace's thoughts (Forbidden Planet, Freddy Kreuger...take your pick.)

We give 'em power.

4. Stump Parrish profile image61
      Stump Parrishposted 13 years agoin reply to this

They both have the constitutionally protected right to lie to their viewers which they both exercise. Their viewers have the right to fact check their lies but obviously, they can't even spell fact check.

1. Reality Bytes profile image74

Considering Beck's books always rise to the top of the bestseller list, there must be a lot of liberals purchasing his books?

1. Stump Parrish profile image61

Nope, Amazon is running a buy one idiot get one free deal with Beck and Palin books. I doubt if many liberals purchase prophet Beck's books. There is a lot cheaper toilet paper available.

5. qwark profile image60
      qwarkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Limbaugh is a fanatic, Beck is a mormon...you pick.
      Qwark

1. Stump Parrish profile image61

Mormon is nothing more tham moron with a litlle extra mmmm thrown in. It is really sad that people need the kind of crap they spew to get thru a single day. I have to wonder, are they both TRUE christian conservatives? Yep the put their holy underwear on one leg at a time just like their god does.

2. lovemychris profile image76
    lovemychrisposted 13 years ago

But they both get a HUGE tax return coming to them!!

Of course, seniors could not get $250.00, cause we just can't afford it.

3. Mikeydoes profile image43
    Mikeydoesposted 13 years ago

My Aunt posts stuff like this every day on Facebook. In fact 5 minutes ago I had to read about how Glenn Beck is an idiot from her. And I thought to myself, boy am I glad I'm not involved in that.

Where do you get those numbers from? Those are biased numbers, because if you were to ask me I'd give you the right answer. I have no idea. Because there is no way to know if they are trustworthy just by watching/listening to their shows.

Fox News and CNN are slowing down the process of human development, I am sure of it.

I am so sick of having to listen to people in smug/nasty voices say.. "the far left" or "the far right" like they are scum. No one has even met these people, yet they form outrageous opinions. And I am 100% sure it is because he doesn't have democrat next to his name. They go on TV/radio and say things with shock value. And you all post about them more and more, only feeding the fire.

The only guy that I really have a genuine dislike for is Al Gore, as he is a liar and a scam artist. Not because he is far left, I can care less about that. Case in point An Inconvenient Truth, go ahead and check out how accurate that movie was.

You sound just like my dad, except he would be slamming "the far left".

I am not involved in politics as it makes me sick, reading things like this just makes me sicker. I can't stand what politics has become, sorry.

Spin doctors and Rhetorical magicians. It's hard to escape them, many in my family tree treat Gore as a credible source. I don't.

I know politics is disgusting, I'd be more worried about the people who aren't disgusted by it. But that gives us all the more reason to become active in the field or we will truly be slaves to these cheap magicians.

2. Ralph Deeds profile image66
      Ralph Deedsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"I have no idea. Because there is no way to know if they are trustworthy just by watching/listening to their shows."

Why would you say that? If you read a few newspapers and other sources and compare what they say with the actual facts it's not hard to tell that they aren't trustworthy. Glenn Beck is a pathetic, uneducated loser. Limbaugh is smarter than Beck but even more dishonest and partisan.

3. Pandoras Box profile image60
      Pandoras Boxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You should be proud of your aunt.

4. tobey100 profile image60
    tobey100posted 13 years ago

Regardless as to whether they're idiots or not...who has the most listeners?  Limbaugh or Matthews?  Beck or Oberman?  Almost every single legitimate poll shows that nearly 70% of this nation is conservative.  Sorry, seems you're surrounded by idiots.  Bet this past Nov. 2nd messed up the future for ya.

Again no source.  It seems you are simply making this stuff up.  You could challenge Beck and Limbaugh as a source of lies offered as truth.

Here is an actual link to reliable info that refutes your outrageous claim.  http://www.gallup.com/poll/120857/conse … group.aspx

1. habee profile image92
        habeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Right, Ron, but even your poll shows more conservatives than moderates or liberals. Even among Democrats, there are more moderates than liberals - according to the poll you linked.

As for the original question, I can't answer it. I've NEVER listened to Rush's show - only heard short clips on the news. I don't care for Beck, though...or Olbermann. I don't like either extremes of the political spectrum.

There are more conservatives than liberals (probably a reflection of the woeful state of our school system).  The claim of 70% is outrageous- the product of ignorance or dishonesty on the part of the offending party.

2. thisisoli profile image71
      thisisoliposted 13 years agoin reply to this

when you say every legitimate poll, are you including the last US election?

5. lovemychris profile image76

"And I am 100% sure it is because he doesn't have democrat next to his name."

I don't like Beck because he said President Obama is a racist who has a deep-seated hatred for white people.
    Because he lied and smeared Van Jones so much, we lost a good employee working for something I believe in.
    Because he sneers and derides every single "liberal" as if they are less than human.

He is a NASTY character.

And Limbutt, well--his NASTINESS goes YEARS back. First ever president hater du jour. But he also hates anything "liberal' as if they aren't fit to be in his glorious presence.
    Calls for drug users to be thrown in prison, unless they are him, I guess.
    Called President Obama a jack-ass.
    Called Clinton a pot-smoking draft-dodgin philandered-in-chief.

Yet, not a PEEP about manufactured false intellligence leading up to invading a Sovereign country.

Oh yeah--he was all for torture too. Sadist!

You can have that whole nasty bunch. Go on and pretend people don't like them cause they're not Democrats.
    That doesn't even make the list.

6. WalterDamage profile image60
    WalterDamageposted 13 years ago

There is a lot of name calling in this thread but precious little in the way of anything that refutes the arguments or claims made by beck or Rush.

I'm still scratching my head over why ANYONE would defend an avowed communist like Van Jones (and for all the righteous indignation, nobody seemed particularly upset over him calling Republicans a**holes).

Guess when it's you're guy, then anything goes, huh?

Because they also are avowed communists, they have every Right to speak their minds.

7. Greek One profile image63
    Greek Oneposted 13 years ago

i think Rush is AT LEAST twice the size as Beck

Heh heh

2. uncorrectedvision profile image60
      uncorrectedvisionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I met Glenn Beck.  He is about 6'2" and maybe 215 - 225.  Not hugely fat but neither is Limbaugh any more.

8. lovemychris profile image76

"Considering Beck's books always rise to the top of the bestseller list, there must be a lot of liberals purchasing his books?"

I doubt that. It doesn't take much to make it to the best-sellers list, as most people either don't read, or read for entertainment.

Same reason why Dancing With the Stars, and Lady Gaga are also at the top of their fields. I would hardly call them superior quality.

That is quite a generalization.

1. Flightkeeper profile image66
        Flightkeeperposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And amusing.

2. couturepopcafe profile image61
      couturepopcafeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Re: Dancing with the Stars - Ballroom dancing requires strength, skill, and even some talent.  Every step must be executed accurately and with precision and is almost on a par with figure skating, though I personally feel skating is more demanding.  The height and weight of the partner is also something to be figured in when choreographing dances.  There are strict rules and competition dancers are judged accordingly.  Dancers are some of the strongest atheletes.

Gaga is an artist who really thinks outside the box.  She may not be top drawer but I give her kudos for creativity, initiative and uniqueness.  She likely will be a fad like Boy George but if her music stays fresh, she may endure the fickle music market.

9. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 13 years ago

Sadly it's true. A lot of people don't read.

I often think that many buy these books for a laugh. Also I'm sure public libraries buy a lot of them. When it comes to bestseller books, my favourites never seem to be on those lists and I often hate the bestseller ones.

10. couturepopcafe profile image61
    couturepopcafeposted 13 years ago

Sadly, best seller lists are skewed.  The sale numbers are inflated creating interest and becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy. 

I drive for a living so listen to a lot of talk radio.  I happened to catch Beck from day one.  He's a funny guy much of the time, does a lot to raise money for charity, and is sometimes just looney.  That doesn't make him a liar. 

Limbaugh, at one time, was a brillian political analyst.  When he lost his hearing, something changed.  He makes many mistakes in his speech and has, for some reason, gotten into name calling.  I don't like it but he wasn't always like that.  This doesn't make him a liar either. 

It's important to listen to a variety of news sources and try to come to a consensus of your own.  The world is full of idiots.  And the world is full of liars.  The two are not mutually exclusive.  Example: "false intelligence leading up to the invasion of a sovereign nation".  Incredibly, every intel source came up with the same false intelligence.  Incredibly, the Taliban declared war on the U.S.  Incredibly, some people hate their own country and blame political parties and radio program hosts for their own small minded hatred of any opinion which is opposed to their own.

1. uncorrectedvision profile image60

One of the more amusing things to me is that when I say I listen to Rush liberals tend to shut down, immediately.  Then they treat me as if I have no mind of my own - funny thing this annoying free speech thing.  Fine if Keith Olberman rants and fumes and spews in ways that very few conservative radio people would ever try and he gets a pass when he appears to be quite unhinged, even to Ben Affleck.

1. couturepopcafe profile image61

ucv - With respect to everyone else, I think quite the opposite is true.  Rush's dialogue is better received by a more sophisticated listener, with higher I.Qs, those who have learned to reason things out for themselves, those who have learned to listen with an open mind, who do not presume to know the mind of anyone but take their words and sift them.  Most people do not know how the word dittohead began.  It doesn't mean his audience dittos everything he says.

11. lovemychris profile image76

"That doesn't make him a liar."

He's a manipulator. He twists things to fit his liberal-bashing view.

And Limbaugh has always been a name-caller.... didddle-up diddle-up diddle-up....Femi-Nazi's.
    Femi-Nazis. Femi-Nazis. That was the first non name-calling. circa 1991.

From an insider, regarding false intel:

"The administration didn’t believe false intelligence, it created it, order it in place before the election to be ready for, well I guess, 9/11.  Silencing Plame and Joe Wilson, those were the same people who planned the creation of the phony intelligence.  There was never a discussion of a serious terrorist threat against the United States.  These guys would have fallen off their chairs laughing themselves to death.  It was all a joke to them, 9/11, the Iraq invasion, all of it.”

Chalabi was a double-dealing operative. Curve Ball was a psycho. Powell's chief of staff has said it was all bogus.
    One man was murdered for saying the intel was "sexed up".

For the record, I don't hate America, I hate what people like those you support have done to it.
    Don't you EVER speak for me! What nerve and gall.

And there is nothing to be learned from racism and insane rantings. ergo_Russsshhhhh and Beckles the Evil Idiot have nothing worth listening to.

Honestly, I could never speak for you.  Moreover, I don't really support any of them.  I try to take an objective approach.  Sometimes I agree with Beck or Limbaugh, sometimes I agree with Obama.  Usually I make my own judgements and am not easily swayed by any particular side or individual.

1. lovemychris profile image76
        lovemychrisposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You did. You said I hate my own country. Or were you not referring to me when you said "some people"?

Actually, lmc, I was referring to you.  I would really like it if we could sit down together and talk, though I know this is not possible.  I'd like to know what makes you so angry.  At least that's the way your comments come off.  I don't know specifically what you're referring to when you say you hate 'what they have done to it'.  I don't think any particular segment has done all of 'it' whatever 'it' is.  All the politicians have had a hand in the destruction of this nation, not just the Republicans, or Rush.  And Beck has only been around for five years or so?  You believe a clip which says the intel was trumped up but you don't believe half the world's intel.  That's your choice.  So be it.  You may be right.  We may never know the truth.  But you cannot possibly be sure you are right unless you were there.

12. uncorrectedvision profile image60
    uncorrectedvisionposted 13 years ago

Neither man impresses me as an idiot.  It is funny, when someone does as we would have them do they are brilliant.  When someone does what we would not want them to do they are evil or stupid or both.  Limbaugh, Hannity, Beck have millions of listeners on hundreds of radio station selling millions of dollars in advertising resulting in thousands of people earning a living.  If they were really so useless would there be this attention?  Didn't President Shining Handsome Obama win by popular vote?  Why do we choose to trust one popular choice as wise and distrust another?

Maybe Mike McConnell would know. lol

Funny thing about Mitch "Mike" McConnell - there is a libertarian/conservative radio guy on WLW Cincinnati named Mike McConnell - wonder what the station did with that audio?

If it was W who screwed up the Senate Minority Leaders name after two years in office it would just be further proof what a numb skull he was.

13. lovemychris profile image76

Now HERE is a good question!:

Fareed Zakaria;
    "If supporting violent or extreme actions against governments was enough to make someone a terrorist, he said, then "how would one describe a man who has been fueling such anger against the American government on television daily for the last two years? How, in other words, would one describe Glenn Beck?"

And it's not only Beck... It's all of them. A Righty-Brigade of anger against the gvt.

Ooooops scratch that...now that the billionaires got their money---the anger seems to have dissipated! How strange. SNARK.

I think I would call him a modern Samuel Adams.

14. tritrain profile image70
    tritrainposted 13 years ago

Size-wise, that would be Limbaugh.

15. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

Both are big men in their domains, but Beck has a ways to go to catch up with Rush.
    No doubt, however, one day he, too, will preside over a drooling army of dittoheads.

16. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

I don't like Beck, and I hate it when hubby watches the show because it always makes him angry. Funny thing is, the liberals liked him when he was bashing Bush - back when Beck was a liberal.

I don't know any "liberal" who ever like him, CNN or not.He's a smarmy snake-oil salesman no matter which side he pretends to play on!!

Just because he's a righty hero, don't put that onus on everybody. Cause it's not true.

And I need proof that he was bashing Bush....how anyone can change from bashing to devotion--I would like to see.

1. habee profile image92

Here ya go:

http://www.progressiveelectorate.com/di … s-the-left

http://blatherwatch.blogs.com/talk_radi … -stin.html

And here's where he calls the original Tea Partiers "rabid."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YUukbFgQcY

It appears that Beck goes wherever the money is.

Habee - with respect, I think he goes where his heart and mind lead him.  He's a free thinker as witnessed by many of the events he initiates.

17. Mighty Mom profile image77

70% 40& 150% 2% -- The numbers are meaningless. Americans are friggin as fickle as they (we) are gullible. Check out this latest "poll" showing that the GOP/tea party tsunami is already waning -- and it ain't even hit shore yet!!!

----------------------------------------
    Breaking News Alert: Post-ABC poll: public not yet sold on GOP
    December 14, 2010 5:03:14 PM

----------------------------------------

Republicans made major gains in the November elections but they have yet to win the hearts and minds of the American people, according to a new Washington Post-ABC News poll.

The midterm elections – where Republicans gained 63 seats to take control of the House of Representatives and added six seats to their Senate minority – were widely seen as a rebuke to President Obama. Still, the public now trusts Obama marginally more than congressional Republicans to deal with the country’s main problems in the coming years, 43 to 38 percent. And when it comes to who has taken the stronger leadership role in Washington, it's an even divide: 43 percent say Obama, 42 percent the GOP.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/?wpisrc=nl_natlalert

When we go back to Republican governing, they will regret their folly. And it will be too late.

Mitt Romney wants to privitize unemployment.....I just wonder if he will make the outsourcers pay it?

NAH....they're  Business class--his people.

Let's see...privitize it, so the cost will go up, and the benefits will go down, and the banks take a hefty fee.

Thanks...NOT.
      Romney made his money taking over businesses, firing a lot of people, and making a killing...what it that called?

He doesn't like Obama compromise, cause he wants the tax give-aways to be permanent.
      Permanent. Permanent. On your grandkids forevah.

Where IS THE TEA PARTY???

I'd be happy if the next generation got to keep more of the money they earned via permanent tax cuts.  The give-away I think is wrong is the give-away of my tax dollars to other countries, among other things.

18. Jim Hunter profile image61
    Jim Hunterposted 13 years ago

"Limbaugh or Beck: Who's the Bigger Idiot?"

Kieth Olberman?
    Rachel Maddow?
    Chris Matthews?

Take your pick.

1. habee profile image92

I pick Olbermann! I hate his show.

I like Rachel's show.

I'm not a big fan of "Tingle" Matthews.

1. Ralph Deeds profile image66

Matthews can be obnoxious. He interrupts his guests in mid-sentence too often.

This is the same reason I can't listen to Sean Hannity.  He's always interrupting his guests.  Annoying, right?

2. profile image0

Rachel Maddow is brilliant; Keith Olbermann falls off the deep end now and then; and Chris Matthews is just a lightweight political fanboy.  Beck, however, seems to have no limit to the depths he will sink to keep his viewers riled up enough to continue watching his nonsense.  Rush is a little more cunning in that he knows he can keep a bigger audience by maintaining some semblance of limits, but he's a money-grubbing snake-oil salesman just like Beck.

1. Ralph Deeds profile image66

Accurate analysis. I like Larry O'Donnell

1. profile image0

Yes, I enjoy watching Larry O'Donnell.  Smart guy.

2. Jim Hunter profile image61
        Jim Hunterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"Rachel Maddow is brilliant"

Brilliance is in the eye of the beholder.

I think she is as sharp as a cue ball.

1. habee profile image92

Rachel Maddow is a Rhodes Scholar with a doctorate. I don't always agree with her views, but I like the way she handles them. She's not a "yes girl" for Obama or the Democrats, either. I've seen her call them out plenty of times.

19. Edwin Clark profile image62
    Edwin Clarkposted 13 years ago

I don't like either of them. Even though they're idiots they've both made a lot of money selling books and being on air. I'm all for making money, but the way they go off on conspiracy theories and making people panic is not the way to go.

20. donotfear profile image82
    donotfearposted 13 years ago

Perhaps the biggest idiot is not either Limbaugh or Beck.

http://flash.lymenet.org/ubb/graemlins/bonk.gif

I so agree.  Perhaps we should each check our own mirror to make sure that the biggest idiot isn't there, first.

Now you're talking, sailor.

I like it when you call me sailor. wink

2. Daniel Carter profile image62

Well, personally, I'm not much of a joiner or follower. The mirror tells me how old I am. Not much else.

But bigger among the idiots are the networks who perpetuate their reign, and bigger than that are the people who follow them like lambs. Buying into their fear, bigotry, and salacious stories is just sad.

But it does indicate the power of money. Spin stories and upset people really, really well, and you can make money at it.

Look a little closer next time.

21. profile image0
    PrettyPantherposted 13 years ago

There are some who will not acknowledge brilliance just because it comes in a form they are uncomfortable with.

1. Jim Hunter profile image61

There are those who will acknowledge brilliance only when the one they deem brilliant is of there political bent.

I typed in Rhodes Scholar and moron into Google and lo and behold there are two stories concerning Rachel Maddow.

I neither agree with or have an opinion on either story I just thought it comical that she was featured.

http://bigjournalism.com/jsexton/2010/0 … ky-expert/

http://bigjournalism.com/lmeyers/2010/0 … sm-skills/

By the way, I am not impressed with Rhodes Scholars who lie.

1. Daniel Carter profile image62

Slick Willy (Clinton) as a Rhodie.
        Not making more of it than that, just sayin'.

The longer he is out of office the more I like him.

2. profile image0

Ooohhh, is that the biggest "lie" you could find?  A debate about the definition of "usury"?  Okay.  roll

I was talking about Bill Clinton.

The other Rhodes Scholar.

At least someone got it.

1. profile image0

Really?  So that's why you included links to articles about Maddow?  I guess that makes sense in a sort of weird Jim-Hunter-logic.  big_smile

Deleted

1. profile image0

Yes, Jim, I obviously didn't get your meaning even though it was crystal clear. wink

Hey, I deleted that.

Trying to make me feel bad?

1. profile image0

No, never, even though you were trying to make me feel bad. lol

We cross-posted.

I see your confusion.

My bad.

I included the links after I wrote and submitted the post.

It was an edit.

So solly.

22. Mighty Mom profile image77

Thought I'd scope out Chris Matthews' education. He is a 1967 graduate of the College of the Holy Cross in Worcester, Massachusetts, and did graduate work in economics at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.

Matthews served in the United States Peace Corps in Swaziland from 1968 to 1970 as a trade development advisor. According to Wikki Matthews voted for W in 2000. Imagine that!

My first introduction to him was on a political roundtable show The McLaughlin Group back in the late 1980s/1990s. This is probably where he learned to interrupt his guests!!
    The show had 2 conservative and 2 liberal guests each week.One was Eleanor Clift from Newsweek. Robert Novak and Pat Buchanan represented the GOP stance. Apparently it's still running, but I haven't watched it for years.

"According to Wikki Matthews voted for W in 2000. Imagine that!"

And he gets a tingle that runs up his leg when Obama speaks.

That was pretty much all you needed to know about the guy.

A tingle....hmm

1. profile image0

Matthews had a man crush on Bush before he had one on Obama.  Like I said, he's just a political fanboy.  He loves politics and politicians, especially male ones.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. wink

1. profile image0

Of course not, unless you're Jim.  wink

I just threw up a little in my mouth.

That should mix well with the other substances present there...

Not that there's anything wrong with that. wink

OMG, you guys are better entertainment than I've had in a long time.  Talk about LOL.

1. profile image0

That's why I have a crush on Ron; he makes me laugh, although the football helmet is probably what started it.

I could never have a crush on Jim.  He is too delicate.

They always deny their true feelings.

I am offended.

How very liberal of you.  Maybe you could get the ACLU to sue me.

Do you have anything worth getting?

My autographed copy of the Communist Manifesto.

23. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 13 years ago

Bill O'Reilly made an almost perfect score on the SAT. He's no dummy, either. He's pompous and arrogant, but I like that he gives a lot of $ to charities.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80
      Uninvited Writerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And he counts RFK as one of his heroes, so he is not totally blinded by ideaology.

24. Mighty Mom profile image77

Who autographed it, you?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)