UN to Israel: Surrender

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (29 posts)
  1. AnnCee profile image68
    AnnCeeposted 13 years ago

http://www.israeltoday.co.il/tabid/178/ … fault.aspx

I guess we'll see what we see.  Israel can't surrender as they call it.  Everyone knows the end game the Arabs have in mind.

1. Greek One profile image64
      Greek Oneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Ban Ki-moon is a good man, but he is not as powerful as his daughter, Sailor

http://download-sailor-moon-episodes.edogo.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/eternal-sailor-moon.jpg

2. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yup.
      And the U.N. should not be trying to make Israel surrender.  And I really hope Obama doesn't have the audacity to go against Israel any further than he already has.

3. bgamall profile image68
      bgamallposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Israel needs to compromise with the Palestinians. If not the whole region could become destabilized. And it is just plain wrong to occupy another people. And if Israel thinks she is not occupying she is wrong.

If Israel were to make peace with the Palestinians, and then the Arabs continued to call for her abolishment, she would have a lot more friends. But as an occupier her friends are dwindling. Israel has no PR capability at all.

AnnCeeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Have you never noticed how much they have compromised with the Palestinians?   It does no good.   Compromise is not what the Palestinians want from the Jews.   They want them dead.  The whole Arab world does.   

Didn't you read the Arafat quotes I posted.  Quotes are words out of someone's mouth.   He spelled it out pretty clearly.  They all do.  You people just can't hear it for some reason.

I think it is spiritual blindness.  People see this world from differing perspectives.

They are not an occupier as you call it.   THEY BOUGHT THE LAND.

1. DannyMaio profile image60
            DannyMaioposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Anne these people talk out of the backside. They do not know it was Israels land first then they lost it and PAID for it and even have the receipt! they have given part away but that was not good enough and the only way to make them happy is to eliminate Israel. also It is very strange how Obama does not stick up for our best friend? he clearly shows a sympathy to the Muslims. scary.

2. Jonapope profile image57
    Jonapopeposted 13 years ago

lol @greek one I don't think Israel will listen to the UN. Even if they have to go it alone without American support for the time being.

3. lovemychris profile image76
    lovemychrisposted 13 years ago

It's about time!

4. AnnCee profile image68

-- Title of top-rated popular song in Egypt

"I Hate Israel"

-- 10th-grade textbook in Syria

". . . the aggressive and evil disposition rooted in the Jewish personality . . . the logic of true justice obligates one verdict on them from which there is no escape - that their criminal intentions be turned against them with their extermination."

-- Yasser Arafat (1980)

"Peace for us means the destruction of Israel. We are preparing for an all-out war, a war which will last for generations."

The PLO (Palestine Liberation Organization)
    In 1974,adopted the...

Plan-of-Stages:

Stage 1]

Through violent struggle, establish a "combatant national authority"

over any territory that is "liberated" from Israeli rule.

Stage 2]

Use the territory of the national authority as a base for attacks on Israel.

Provoke an all-out war to "liberate all Palestinian territory"

-- that is, destroy Israel.

In 1993, Arafat on behalf of the PLO signed the Oslo Accords,

that include this commitment:

The PLO considers that the signing of the Declaration of Principles constitutes a historic event, inaugurating a new epoch of peaceful co-existence, free from violence and all other acts which endanger peace and stability. Accordingly, the PLO renounces the use of terrorism and other acts of violence and will assume responsibility over all PLO elements and personnel in order to assure their compliance, prevent violations and discipline violators.

The day he signed this agreement on the White House lawn, Arafat made a radio broadcast in Arabic assuring listeners that the Oslo Accords are Stage 1 of the Plan-of-Stages.

In 1994, Arafat spoke in a mosque in Johannesburg, South Africa:

"This agreement I am not considering it more than the agreement which had been signed between our prophet Muhammed and Koraish."

[Comment: In the Seventh Century, Muhammad contracted a peace treaty with the Arabian tribe of Koraish. Two years later, he attacked and destroyed the tribe of Koraish.]

Also in 1994, Arafat wrote to groups opposing the Oslo Accords:

"In order to obtain the goal of returning to Palestine, all of us sometimes have to grit our teeth. But it is forbidden that this harm the continued struggle against the Zionist enemy. Cooperation and understanding between the PLO and the rejectionist organizations is what will lead to the speedy retreat of Israel from the occupied territories in the first stage, until the establishment of a Palestinian state with its capital in Jerusalem. Only a state like that can then continue the struggle to remove the enemy from all Palestinian lands."

In 1995, he told Arab diplomats stationed in Stockholm, Sweden of the PLO plan:

"[T]o eliminate the State of Israel and establish a purely Palestinian state. We will make life unbearable for Jews by psychological warfare and population explosion; Jews won't want to live among us Arabs."

Arafat in a Voice of Palestine broadcast, 1995 :

"The struggle will continue until all of Palestine is liberated."

[Comment: As noted above, "all of Palestine" always includes Israel.]

In May 2001, Pope John Paul II visited Damascus, and was welcomed by its President, Bashar Assad, M.D. Among the remarks in Dr. Assad's address to the Pope:

"They [the Jewish people] try to kill the principle of religions with the same mentality that they betrayed Jesus Christ and the same way they tried to betray and kill the prophet Muhammed."

[Comment: The Pope made no comment.]

Other recent statements by officials of the government of Syria:

"We must be fully aware of what the enemies of God and malicious Zionism conspire to commit against Christianity and Islam."

-- Muhammad Ziyadah,

Minister of Religious Affairs

"When I see a Jew before me, I kill him. If every Arab did this, it would be the end of the Jews."

-- Mustafa Tlas, Minister of Defense

FYI From the late 1800's Jews saved and sent money to pay for land to found a home state.   They paid Arabs for their land, often far more than it was worth.  They bought Israel with money and they turned it from overgrazed wasteland and disease ridden swamps into a garden that exports produce and flowers all over the world.

This is what brilliant Muslims do with Israeli produce.

http://previous.presstv.ir/photo/20110109/naderian20110109192951980.jpg

They carry an unreasonable hatred generation to generation.

5. dutchman1951 profile image60
    dutchman1951posted 13 years ago

If anything, I sincerely hope this will make Isreal face the facts they need to negotiate, and also make the UN face the facts that they took Palistenian land without authorization or Right, back during the Belfore agreement.

I hope it will also force all of Palestine into a negotiation stance, due to the Unrest and revolt going on. I hope the peoples of the Arab Nations have truly had enough and want real equality and peace, because it is the only way the Arab nations will ever begin to see each others sides and compromise. They have to be free first, not led into hate and war by a Dictator holding power. Or a Terrorist Backed Goverment.

The problem I personaly see is if the UN does this it will unite the Arabs in cause against Ireal as a common enemy and they will drop their protests for Decomatric govermental reform and freedoms gained with the removal of Dictators and forced rule.

They will forget the end goals and just turn their consentration and hate to Isreal and thus no compromise with Isreal will be possible, and it will turn to all out war.

I am not so sure the current Leaders at the UN even truly understand the Middle East at all?

You can not have 100,000 leading, and over a million starving, it does not work, and people have memories. And weither people wish to hear this or not, this is to much of a Problem for Obama and his staff of Colegiate advisors that have never held offices, or worked directly in the conflicts oversseas. They are professors with books and no practical experiences and This is to advanced for Axiomatic learning (Learn as you Go)

If we make the Middle East a social experiment to see what happens, it will blow up in our self-assured faces. Dangerious Times if you ask me.

1. DonDWest profile image71
        DonDWestposted 13 years agoin reply to this

How much are you being paid per hour?

Knee jerk response to facts.  So old and tired.

http://www.americanfirstprinciples.org/images/Knee_Jerk_Liberal_Reason500.jpg

I have yet to see any facts coming from the likes of you.

Read much?

Just because there's an article on it, doesn't make it true. If that land was "mostly empty and bought up," then I'm Jesus.

6. profile image61
    logic,commonsenseposted 13 years ago

If I was the UN, I'd be careful what I said to Israel.  They might decide to kick the UN's ass! smile

7. profile image61
    logic,commonsenseposted 13 years ago

The only way Israel will have peace with the Palestinians is to leave the continent.   The Palestinians do not want peace, they want turmoil so they don't have to have a responsible government and responsible citizens.

8. recommend1 profile image61
    recommend1posted 13 years ago

I guess you got tired of Barracking Obama so decided to have a go at race hate and intolerance huh !

Never mind that the UN is working hard toward a situation with some kind reason in these unstable areas - you choose to misread and misrepresent the whole thing in the colours of blood and bile.

I guess the rest of trolls will be along shortly to complete the disgusting chorus line.

Who's sounding hateful around here?

1. recommend1 profile image61
        recommend1posted 13 years agoin reply to this

That will be you - every time.

9. lovemychris profile image76

"There has been Anti-Semitism, the Nazis, Hitler, Auschwitz, but was that their fault? They see but one thing: we have come and we have stolen their country. Why would they accept that?"
    -- Quoted by Nahum Goldmann in Le Paraddoxe Juif (The Jewish Paradox), pp. 121-122.

"Jewish villages were built in the place of Arab villages. You do not even know the names of these Arab villages, and I do not blame you because geography books no longer exist. Not only do the books not exist, the Arab villages are not there either. Nahlal arose in the place of Mahlul; Kibbutz Gvat in the place of Jibta; Kibbutz Sarid in the place of Huneifis; and Kefar Yehushua in the place of Tal al-Shuman. There is not a single place built in this country that did not have a former Arab population."

-- David Ben Gurion, quoted in The Jewish Paradox, by Nahum Goldmann, Weidenfeld and Nicolson, 1978, p. 99.

If they bought it, who got the money? And why are millions still suffering 60 years later?

Have you READ Hertzl??? The whole idea of Zionism is to wipe the Palestinians out!

10. lovemychris profile image76

"It is the duty of Israeli leaders to explain to public opinion, clearly and courageously, a certain number of facts that are forgotten with time. The first of these is that there is no Zionism, colonialization, or Jewish State without the eviction of the Arabs and the expropriation of their lands."

-- Ariel Sharon, Israeli Foreign Minister, addressing a meeting of militants from the extreme right-wing Tsomet Party, Agence France Presse, November 15, 1998.
    "the eviction of the Arabs and the expropriation of their lands."

Can't get much clearer than that.
    Right befoe your eyes for 60 years......and the world does nothing.

Of course the world does nothing, they're "God's Chosen People", haven't you heard? The rest of us rabble are worthless Goyims that are such a damn inconvenience! Question this? Oh, you're anti-semite and a racist for pointing out the racists. Then again, it's confusing because being Jewish isn't a race or a nationality, but a religion. You're Jewish if you practice Judaism (which very few Zionists do), there's no Jewish blood, but Hitler has fooled the world beyond the grave in that regard. . .

11. Hugh Williamson profile image76
    Hugh Williamsonposted 13 years ago

"...Of course the world does nothing, they're "God's Chosen People", haven't you heard?"

"God is on the side with the best artillery."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte

Israel is a fact and it is staying where it is. The Palestinians are also not giving up their claims, nor will they relocate. No one will win some sort of epic battle, even though that may be a long held dream of both sides.

Sooner or later both sides will have to realize that they must find a way to live together in the same tiny part of the world.

They did find a way to live together back in the 1930's before the Europeans showed up.

12. AnnCee profile image68

"For decades, the world has parroted the Arab line that Judea and Samaria are “occupied territories” to which the Jews have no real connection.

Netanyahu disagreed.

“My name is Benjamin; the first Benjamin, the son of Jacob, walked these hills 4,000 years ago, so we have some connection with this land,” Netanyahu explained. “Any one in his right mind knows that this is part of the ancestral Jewish homeland; it’s in the Bible.”

Many Israelis have for years been frustrated by their government’s compliance with the Arab narrative regarding the land and its history. By going along with the “occupation” theme, previous Israeli leaders have all but accepted the notion that Jews do not belong there. And if they do not belong in Judea, Samaria and Jerusalem, then they certainly don’t belong in Tel Aviv.

Netanyahu also sought to remind the world that the exaggerated and artificially-perpetuated Palestinian refugee issue has a Jewish parallel that is typically ignored.

“Everyone knows we can’t kick out 350,000 or 400,000 Jews from their homes [in Judea and Samaria],” said Netanyahu, noting that “many of them, by the way, were kicked out [from their homes in Arab countries] before the founding of Israel by hostile Arab armies.”

The difference between the Palestinian and Jewish refugee issues is that Israel fully absorbed and integrated the Jewish refugees that fled here. The Arabs have worked hard to maintain the Palestinians’ refugee status and condition as a political weapon against Israel."

http://www.israeltoday.co.il/tabid/178/ … fault.aspx

13. AnnCee profile image68

"Nasser and the Rise of Arab Nationalism -

Gamal Nasser was the most important  of the new leaders who rose with the wave of decolonialization. He replaced Farouk, a British client, and then proceeded to remove the last vestiges of Western influence from Egypt.

At the same time, he molded the Baathist Pan-Arab cause and recast it in his image, in a bid to make himself and Egypt leaders of the Arab world. 

The Palestinian issue was useful to Nasser. 

First, failure of the old regimes to liberate Palestine in 1948 was the issue that legitimized the revolution of 1953. Liberation of Palestine would now ultimately be used as an issue that would establish Nasser's credentials as the central leader of the Arab world. 

The Palestinian issue became subordinate to a larger anti-colonialist issue, or perhaps it is more correct to say that the Palestinian issue for the Arabs was always representative of the larger colonialist issue and inseparable from it.

Arab nationalists resented Western influence and control, and Israel represented a "foreign western  implant" on Arab soil.

For Nasser however, the presence of the British in Egypt was a more pressing issue, and one that seemed easier to resolve.  He nationalized the Suez Canal and provoked a conflict with Britain and France as well as with Israel.

Israel, France and Britain attacked Egypt in October 1956. Israel quickly reached the Suez Canal and French and British troops moved to take over the canal area. But Nasser correctly assessed and capitalized on US-European rivalries to transform the humiliating military defeat of the Sinai campaign into a great moral and political victory.

Soon after the Suez campaign, Egyptian agents contacted Yasser Arafat and tried to set him up as a student leader who would channel Palestinian aspirations in the pan-Arabist, pro-Egypt direction desired by Nasser.

The eventual result was the creation of the Fatah and the PLO as "liberation movements" and their adoption at the second Arab summit conference of 1964, in the context of achieving Arab aspirations in Palestine, rather than Palestinian national aspirations.

The Palestinians themselves were not too happy with this arrangement or with the tutelage and interference of Egypt and Syria, but they had little choice, especially as the Syrians provided the organization and military know-how to set up the first Fatah cells in the 1960s.

Whatever genuine Palestinian national sentiment existed was kept carefully and control and channeled into the pan-Arab issue.

Palestinians were not allowed real political freedom either in the West Bank or Gaza Strip, though in theory they could have formed a state there at any time, free of Israeli influence, and free to oppose Israel in the international arena.

Arafat and the birth of Palestinian Nationalism -

Arab nationalism began to vanish from the Middle East political scene after the debacle of the 1967 6-day war.

Instead of destroying Israel and  liberating Palestine, the Arab countries suffered a humiliating defeat and what had been left of Palestine before 1967 was now in Israeli hands.

Yasser Arafat, the PLO and the Fatah were now freed from the shackles of Egyptian and Syrian control, and developed the line of independent Palestinian nationalism, which had been more or less implicit in the Fatah program and in Arafat's writings in his newspaper, Falestinunah. "

http://www.mideastweb.org/natureofconflict.htm

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)