Palin . Backmann , Why Aren't Women Mad as Hens ?

Jump to Last Post 1-34 of 34 discussions (199 posts)
  1. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 12 years ago

I would like to know why our fair and balanced media is so silent when it comes to how these two are treated ?  Migrain headaches , and pregnant daughters  ,  Liberal media wouldn't touch this issue with someone elses hands ! Or in other words. Where is the womans lib  movement ? Where are the "enraged and offended"  politically correct Police from the left on this issue?  Got  their heads burried in the sand?

1. profile image0
      PrettyPantherposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Did it ever occur to you that many strong, intelligent, capable women might view Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachmann as deserving of the treatment they have received?  In the same way that Donald Trump deserved the ridicule he received from the media for his stupid pursuit of Obama's birth certificate?

Us women can spot a phony a mile away.  I'm referring to Sarah Palin when I say "phony."  I think that Michelle Bachmann is authentic.

1. profile image0
        ahorsebackposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes they can spoy a phony alright , they voted for President Obama didn't they!

1. donotfear profile image84
          donotfearposted 12 years agoin reply to this

http://photos2.fotosearch.com/bthumb/CSP/CSP494/k4946882.jpg

2. mikelong profile image61
        mikelongposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The former phoney, the latter loony

I am wondering why more women don't openly challenge either Palin or Bauchman. These two are like misguided pied pipers, leading unknowing-naive women (and men) politically and socially astray..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27QTX46X … ure=fvwrel

Barbies gone wrong.....but still getting paid (including hook-ups for the kiddies):

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/reliab … _paid.html

This is a tangental doozy:

http://truthquake.com/2011/06/18/sarah- … ve-values/

Fraud is an understatement..

2. Evan G Rogers profile image60
      Evan G Rogersposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Palin and Bachman are idiots.

Women deserve a much higher standard of expectations than those two project.

As much as I oppose their political philosophies, Michelle Obama or Hilary Clinton are MUCH better candidates for "women's rights-esque" politicians.

When I hear Palin or Bachman, I think "ignoramus". When I hear Hilary, I think "intelligent and principled, if wrong... and her husband was a scumbag". When I think of Michelle Obama, I think "Principled and intelligent, but wrong".

No -- it's not because the media treats them that way, it's because Clinton and Obama don't say idiotic things.

1. profile image0

They didnt huh?  So its OK to dis a woman  because you think that they think  shes an Idiot. Uh HUH !

1. Evan G Rogers profile image60

... ... what?

It's ok to "dis" ANYONE if they're an idiot.

2. thebrucebeat profile image59
        thebrucebeatposted 12 years agoin reply to this

We are on opposite ends of the political spectrum, but I want to give you kudos for not having your agenda color your evaluation of these two women.  You do not have a knee-jerk need to defend everything conservative, and I give you credit for that.
        When I disagree with you in the future, it will be with a proper amount of respect.  LOL.

lol, thanks.

Hil-dawg and Michele just seem... competent, y'know?

Bachman and Palin... ... ermm...

Pelosi on the other hand.... she looks like an evil side kick who doesn't know what's going on.

3. Jim Hunter profile image60
        Jim Hunterposted 12 years agoin reply to this

"As much as I oppose their political philosophies, Michelle Obama or Hilary Clinton are MUCH better candidates for "women's rights-esque" politicians."

Those two are glaring examples of the self made Woman.

lollollollollollollollol

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
          rebekahELLEposted 12 years agoin reply to this

and the problem is? 

women who can think on their own?

1. Jim Hunter profile image60

There is no problem.

They may be able to think on their own, they just couldn't get anywhere on their own.

I would love to see a woman president, but most certainly the first woman president is going to need to be strong, decisive, intelligent and able to represent what is best for all Americans.

Is any candidate (male or female) able to make it on their own?  I don't think so, they surround themselves with people smart enough to make it seem like they can.

"Is any candidate (male or female) able to make it on their own?"

Yes, many have made it on their own. But the two specific people you mentioned certainly didn't.

"I don't think so, they surround themselves with people smart enough to make it seem like they can."

True, our current President is living proof.

I expected this response..

No president can make it on his own nor should they. But they need to be strong enough to make the tough, best decisions when necessary.

We have politicians in Congress now who simply don't care about the average American. They make it tough for any president. I hope something is resolved this weekend.

You expected it? Good, its true.

And you think the best decision is to tax more and keep spending? Yeah, thats a tough decision. roll

Those congressman were sent to make it tough on Obama, you didn't get that?

4. SparklingJewel profile image66
        SparklingJewelposted 12 years agoin reply to this

...you mean the media doesn't report to mainstream America the idiotic things that may be said... right? hmm

3. Randy Godwin profile image59
      Randy Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

A moron by any other name....is still a moron.  Do you feel Palin represents all women?  smile

1. profile image0

I think Palin represents women as much as Hillary , its just the double standards you use to chose which you like!  The migrain issue is okay if you don't like her ,  Palin isn't likeable by liberals so its ok that shes dissed for being a hunter or having a loose daughter ! HUnbh!

1. kerryg profile image83
          kerrygposted 12 years agoin reply to this

She's not dissed for having a loose daughter, she's dissed for continuing to push abstinence-only sex ed despite its blatant failure in her own family. tongue

1. profile image0

It was a blatant failure in Clintons house too but you're willing let that slide for Hillarys sake!

1. thebrucebeat profile image59

What are you referring to?

Besides, Hillary wasn't pushing abstinence only.  She wasn't trying to sell herself as the uber-Christian.  She wasn't trying to sell the idea of one set of family values for all.

What are you talking about?

2. profile image0

It was a blatant failure in Clintons house too but you're willing let that slide for Hillarys sake!

2. profile image0

So its Ok  to allow migrains to be the issue ! Your people jumped all over the media that called Hillary  for dressing "frumpy " when she ran . But Backmanns migrain is fair game ......Hypocracy rules the forums ?Again.

1. Randy Godwin profile image59

Are you a suggesting a possible political nominee dressing "frumpy" would affect their decision making abilities as much as them being a "moron"?  lol

1. profile image0

No Randy that came from her own party .....You.

2. profile image0

No Randy that came from her own party .....You.

4. I am DB Cooper profile image64
      I am DB Cooperposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If you truly believe the "liberal media" wouldn't touch a story about a male Democratic vice presidential candidate's teenage daughter getting pregnant, especially if said candidate supported abstinence-only education, you are naive.

2. Stump Parrish profile image60
    Stump Parrishposted 12 years ago

Most of them are laughing at the people who actually believe that these two represent the best the right has to offer.

1. profile image0

Laugh all they want , we've seen what what the left offered!

3. profile image0

My point is , serious voter immressions or not , where is the anger from the all inclusive left ? From the standpoint of fairness or offensive media treatment. Is it Ok now because it's your media pundits attacking a republican ? Because thats the impression I get from the silence that has ensued!

1. profile image0

Believing that women will defend someone solely because they share the same gender is itself stereotypical and condescending.

"Mad as hens"?  LOL

1. getitrite profile image70
        getitriteposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Then, I guess he also must have no problem with blacks supporting O.J. Simpson solely because he's black.

2. kerryg profile image83

Yup. I get annoyed when any media - liberal, so-called liberal, or conservative - uses sexist insults (b****, c***, etc.) in relation to these women, or attacks them on ludicrously sexist grounds like "what would happen if the president had PMS in the middle of a terror attack."

However, the most common epithets I see leveled against either of them are "moron" and "idiot," neither of which is sexist in the slightest. If you say stupid things, then you can expect to be called an idiot, whatever your sex or gender identity.  tongue

once again, the video of Colbert re-enacting Paul Revere's ride the way that Palin described it is classic.

1. earnestshub profile image82
            earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Colbert is one smart cookie. I love his show and the Daily show as well.

2. profile image0

Agreed.  Idiocy is not a gender-specific characteristic. 

tongue

3. rebekahELLE profile image85

+

HubPages really needs to add a "like" button to forum posts. smile

4. Stump Parrish profile image60

So did a few republican states horse. That trend will continue if the GOP continues to promote people like this.

5. Stump Parrish profile image60

Evan, I missed that one. is it on youtube?

6. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 12 years ago

I didn't like Margaret Thatcher either. I do not vote for people solely based on gender.

Palin was attacked for her pregnant daughter because she pushed a "just say no" agenda for teens.

I don't know enough about Bachmann other than some of the silly things she stands for. I believe her migraine issue was brought up by a potential Republican opponent... male of course.

Yes, occasionally male journalists have sexist attitudes. But like kerryg says, idiot or moron are not genders specific.

The thing about Bachmann is that (unlike Palin, imho) she actually believes the crazy s*** that spews out of her mouth. Also, she shares the persecution complex common in many conservative Christians, so she's able to tap into the language of Christian victimization in a way that brings the troops rallying to her defense no matter how far-out her claims of victimhood actually are. Every attack on her makes her claims of victimization look more valid, and every claim of victimization makes her look crazier to outsiders, so it becomes a self-perpetuating cycle.

She tends to be underestimated by people who don't understand that aspect of the particular fundamentalist subculture she's emerged from. In recent years, the same characteristic has been spreading to conservatives as a whole, so I think she's a bigger threat than many people give her credit for.

2. profile image0

No I suppose not as long as you dont like them , I love the double standards of Liberal idealists!

1. Uninvited Writer profile image80
        Uninvited Writerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Show me the double standard in my post. You seem to be saying they should not be criticized just because they are female and that if they are it must be sexist.

I wouldn't vote for any woman...of any political party...just because she is a woman.
        There would have to be substance behind her.

Any criticism I had of Thatcher...and Palin... and Bachmann has nothing to do with their gender. Other than being embarrassed that they are being used as representative of female politicians.

7. profile image0
    Sherlock221bposted 12 years ago

From what has been written about Baroness Thatcher, it seems she didn't like working with women MPs, preferring to surround herself with yes men, who she controlled with an iron rod, even telling those with beards to shave them off or how they should have their hair cut.  However, Thatcher came into politics, when there were very few women, and the odds were stacked against them.  They therefore had to work harder and become harder than the men, if they were to survive.  Even today, the House of Commons and House of Lords are dominated by men, with women still being in a minority.

8. RooBee profile image82
    RooBeeposted 12 years ago

What an incredibly condescending post! I'll agree with the other posters in that idiocy and ignorance isn't exclusive to one race or gender. None of what has been said about these women has been gender-specific or sexist.

Anyone who gets into politics stands to be scrutinized, and unless I hear someone say "she can't run because she has a vagina" I hardly think that the complaints against these women is gender-based.

I am starting to realize that you like to bait people in this way. You're certainly not after a respectful and enlightening discussion!

And, again, the migraine thing was brought up by a fellow conservative. Picking and choosing which facts to ignore and which to highlight makes you just the same as the spin-doctor media that you complain so much about.

9. Stump Parrish profile image60

It's completely acceptable to dis (as you put it) any idiot regardless of sex. If she wants it to stop all she has to do is quit saying idiotic things. What are you trying to do here, audition for the Faux News Network?

10. Danette Watt profile image82
    Danette Wattposted 12 years ago

Regardless of political party, women will always be held to a different standard than male politicians. There will always be more emphasis on how they dress (too conservative or not), how they wear their hair, if they are perceived as feminine enough (by whatever moving standards society has decided 'feminine' is at the time), if they have children and if so, how many children they have, etc. etc.

Male politicians don't have to deal with this kind of crap. People want to know what they THINK, what their plan is.

Long before Obama came along, I told my husband there will be a black man in the White House before there is a woman. Black men got the right to vote before women. Men will always come before women.

I have never understood why this country just can't get over a woman being in power (oops, dirty phrase here - women in power!!). There are SO many other countries with women leaders, why not us??

1. profile image0
      Sherlock221bposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Age also seems to matter more for women MPs for some reason.  A woman can be considered too old for the job, yet male MPs can work into their 80s, and no one thinks twice about it.

1. Danette Watt profile image82
        Danette Wattposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I agree

11. lovemychris profile image74
    lovemychrisposted 12 years ago

I'm more upset that Elizabeth Warren wasn't nominated because she was way too tough on the banksters, and she likes to fight back with politicians!!

They had to nominate a man, who the men could feel comfortable being "Owned" by! ,)

12. thebrucebeat profile image59
    thebrucebeatposted 12 years ago

In answer to the OP, women as a collective are not simpletons.  They see these women for the frauds they are, the simple minded, undereducated pretenders that humiliate them as a gender.
    They aren't as stupid as their sycophantic ideological husbands, boyfriends and dads.

"They see these women for the frauds they are, the simple minded, undereducated pretenders that humiliate them as a gender."

As opposed to those who further themselves by riding on the coattails of a man.

They burned their bras and then bought new push-ups.

What does this even mean?

1. Paradise7 profile image70
          Paradise7posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Whatever it means, it's insulting!

"They see these women for the frauds they are, the simple minded, undereducated pretenders that humiliate them as a gender."

But this isn't insulting at all, is it? roll

1. getitrite profile image70
              getitriteposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You mean you really think these women are NOT simple minded, undereducated pretenders?

In fact, Sarah Palin pretended that she reads newspapers, in a TV interview, yet she could not name one paper that she reads.

"You mean you really think these women are NOT simple minded, undereducated pretenders?"

No I don't think that at all.

Does that make me simpleminded as well?

Is that rhetorical?  If not, I think I have the answer.

And it would be another wrong answer.

One would think you would get tired of that.

I suppose to some its an art form.

2. Jim Hunter profile image60

Can't figure it out?

Keep working on it.

3. profile image0

That's Jimspeak.  He takes it as a sign of his cleverness when those he perceives to be liberals can't make sense of his ramblings.

Hi, Jim!  smile

Hi PP, thanks for the...

2. kerryg profile image83

"As opposed to those who further themselves by riding on the coattails of a man."

How so? You could make a case for some coattail riding on Hillary's part (though I think it's partly a generational thing), but Michelle outranked Barack in seniority at the law firm where they met, and held a number of high ranking positions in the public, private, and charity sectors both before and after their marriage.

"but Michelle outranked Barack in seniority at the law firm where they met, and held a number of high ranking positions in the public, private, and charity sectors both before and after their marriage."

And you know that why?

Because her husband is President, otherwise she would be anonymous.

So? If she sought national name recognition on her own but only achieved it through his actions, then she'd be riding on his coattails. As it is, she was originally opposed to him seeking national office, so the evidence suggests she didn't.

Moreover, the fact that she acquired national name recognition as the wife of a candidate for national office does nothing to detract from her earlier independent accomplishments, which are considerable.

"Moreover, the fact that she acquired national name recognition as the wife of a candidate for national office does nothing to detract from her earlier independent accomplishments, which are considerable."

If you say so, her accomplishments are not why she is known. It is because she is the wife of the President.

That is how Hillary Clinton became known.

Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachman managed to do it on their own even with being under-educated simpletons.

Palin and Bachmann sought national office, and in one case achieved it. National name recognition was necessary to achieve their goals, therefore they sought national name recognition. I'm not knocking their accomplishments, only the judgment of anybody who votes for them. tongue

We have no indication that Michelle Obama ever had the slightest interest in national office, or was ever anything but satisfied with her career as a respected individual in her own field of work, a position that did not require national name recognition and that she attained on her own merit and hard work, no coattails necessary. You can't criticize her for not achieving somebody else's goal.

We know you are not knocking their accomplishments, you would seem foolish for doing so.

Especially since they both have accomplished things on their own merit.

Hillary Clinton had her husbands name and Michelle Obama has not done anything that millions of women haven't done all over the world.

Except to marry a narcissist.

Let's see.
                    Palin has lost her only national election, very probably because of her.  She has quit her only statewide job.
                    Bachmann has sponsored 38 bills, none of which have become law.

These are the people you admire?  Neither of them have any real grasp on American history or current events on a national or international level.  They have proved themselves repeatedly to be of limited intellect and simply are operative on an ideological level.

What is it you admire about them?

13. profile image0

Oh Oh .......This forum has been overrun by The eight percent winners ! Time to book out of here now ! What ? .....you want to know what eight percenters are .   

Eight percenters are the ones in the jury pools that defence attorneys love to pick for juries . No matter what ....they will never agreee with anyone , they are there only to go against the current , if someone says the sky is blue .  Nope sorry! ...its  aqua or teal or  sea green!.

Thats different than a 1%er.

14. Paradise7 profile image70
    Paradise7posted 12 years ago

I've never "ridden on a man's coattails" and never will.  I've resisted gender bias and gender stereotyping my whole life.  I'm about fed up with what's happening on these forums.  Take your male chauvinist attitude and shove it up the orifice, after salting it first.

"I've never "ridden on a man's coattails" and never will."

And nobody ever said you did.

"I've resisted gender bias and gender stereotyping my whole life."

How wonderful for you.

"I'm about fed up with what's happening on these forums.  Take your male chauvinist attitude and shove it up the orifice, after salting it first."

The orifice? Which orifice would that be? Its pretty obvious that you may be the problem with the forums, you don't like people to have different opinions than your own. Oh what a wonderful world it would be if everyone just agreed with you.

Fortunately, most of us do.  You will find that out when election results come in and neither of these cretins are anywhere near the office they covet.
        I guess I didn't understand your previous post, because I haven't actually met a mysoginistic bigot before.  Sorry.  It just took me by surprise.

Thats a quote from you.

When you say things like this is it ok to call you a misogynistic bigot?

When will people like you ever learn?

No, that wouldn't make any sense, my simple minded friend.

You see, I am talking about two specific people.  You are talking about an entire class of people.

Do people find you interesting?  Takes all kinds, doesn't it?

I'm talking about two specific people.

Michelle Obama and Hillary Clinton, I guess you missed that.

"Do people find you interesting?"

I don't know and I don't care. Do you find calling people names is beneficial to your argument? Does it make you less wrong?

Where did you specify your comments were limited to Hillary Clinton and Michelle Obama?

Why don't you reread this thread.

Let me help you with one thing, I never thought you were misogynistic or a bigot because of the views you hold toward Palin, Bachman or any other conservative woman that you say are cretins.

I didn't feel the need to bolster my views with ridiculous claims.

If you are unable to converse without resorting to the common left-wing tactic of name calling and deflection then maybe you and I shouldn't continue.

That seems like a good idea to me, the written word seems to confound you anyway.

Since you use "left wing" as a pejorative, I would call that the pot calling the kettle black.

And I did re-read it.

15. Jonathan Janco profile image61
    Jonathan Jancoposted 12 years ago

Many of her Republican opponents will bring up 'feminine' issues of why she is unqualified. The reason for this is because they actually support her stoneage policy stances. The TPers are so stupid that their own economic advisors publicly say they are stupid. And my mother, who is a prominent women's advocate and has been since she was a teenager, tells me she's insulted from her unwavering feminist pov that the Republicans would even let Palin or Bachman run in the first place.

16. earnestshub profile image82
    earnestshubposted 12 years ago

I have seen enough of both of them to see they are both morally bankrupt.

1. donotfear profile image84
      donotfearposted 12 years agoin reply to this

http://us.cdn3.123rf.com/168nwm/pooterjon/pooterjon0912/pooterjon091200036/6143769-a-cartoon-gorilla-who-is-very-perplexed-at-something-or-other.jpg

17. profile image0

So I'll stick with being a one percenter , than an eight percenter ! The difference ?  one percent of righteousness is better than 30 percent 0f bigotry , bias , liberal idealism , and intectual chaovanist.  Are you liberals reading from a teleprompter again ?

1. Jonathan Janco profile image61
      Jonathan Jancoposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Well, whoever runs your teleprompter clearly doesn't know how to spell.

18. profile image0
    Sherlock221bposted 12 years ago

I don't know who Backmann is, and know very little of Palin, as she doesn't seem to make the news in the UK.  The couple of times I have seen her made me think somewhat of a female George Bush. So, I doubt she can be what America needs, even is she is being "misunderestimated." 

Concerning the bigger picture of women in politics, there does seem a need to even the numbers up a lot.  I understand that being female doesn't necessarily equate to having a better or even a different understanding.  It is however time, that politics became less of a male affair.  50% of the population should be equally represented.  Perhaps it is time for some form of positive discrimination, because equality seems to be too slow in coming.

19. profile image0

Sherlock interesting interpretations!

20. profile image0

Johnathan is that the beast you cain do !

21. AEvans profile image73
    AEvansposted 12 years ago

"Why aren't women mad as hens?" Because we are not hens. big_smile But on the serious side I don't care for Palin or Backmann so everyone should vote for me next election. big_smile Julianna is officially running for President of the United States! smile

1. Doug Hughes profile image60
      Doug Hughesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Are you a write-in candidate or are you the nominee of the party party.

1. AEvans profile image73
        AEvansposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I am a write in candidate. big_smile You can run with me and be the Vice President. smile

1. Randy Godwin profile image59

A member of the Elite choosing a mere commoner (sorry Doug, fos) as a running mate?  That just isn't done!  smile

1. AEvans profile image73
            AEvansposted 12 years agoin reply to this

mmmmmm.....******Thinking*****  Will have to go back and research. lolololo ! big_smile

22. Chaotic Chica profile image60
    Chaotic Chicaposted 12 years ago

Palin as a person is fine, as a political candidate, not so much.  I have four kids, volunteer actively at their school, I can hunt, I have been shooting sharp-shooter since I was twelve, I am a believer in self-sustainablity, and I am not qualified to run for political office because of it.

I am not against a woman president but she needs to be more than just a woman's lib headliner.  She needs to be able and qualified, just as any man.

"She needs to be able and qualified, just as any man."

If thats true then how would you explain Barrack Obama?

Because he made the case to the American public that he was a sane, intelligent person.  You may not agree, but he made the case to the majority.
        These two have not.  It isn't any more complicated than that, is it?

We are talking about being "qualified".

Is he sane? I guess.

Is he intelligent? I suppose.

Is he qualified? Based on the requirements to become President the answer is yes.

Based on the facts and his tenure the answer is no.

He's a total disaster.

We could argue the disaster evaluation, but the fact is he made the case that he was capable.  These two women have not.  What don't you understand?  They are failing in the eyes of the electorate.

He didn't make the case to me.

He didn't make the case to about 45% of voters.

About 12% of the 55% that he did make the case to have figured out that they were wrong.

Time heals all.

Is Palin even running for President?

23. Stump Parrish profile image60

Sd thing is Chica, they are both just as qualified as the majority of the GOP possibles. They sure don't set their requirement bar very high do they?

1. Chaotic Chica profile image60
      Chaotic Chicaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Agreed.  Somewhere along the line our standards have slipped and nobody is crying out.  Had I realized where we would be by now I would have focused my studies on politics!

"Somewhere along the line our standards have slipped"

That was November 2008.

1. TMMason profile image59
          TMMasonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

We were slipping a long time before that... that was simply the day we landed flat on our face in the shit pile, and I do not believe we will be stumbling back to our feet any time soon,  Jim.

A sad state our country is in.

1. Doug Hughes profile image60

I do disagree with your assessment of future prospects.

By 2012 the Tea Party will be completely discredited and the GOP will either reform or die off and be replaced by moderate conservatism with a new name.

Radical conservatism in defense of the richest half-percent is going the way of the dodo.

2. Chaotic Chica profile image60
            Chaotic Chicaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That is precicely right, TMMason.  We started slipping while I was growing up and everybody just looked the other way because it was profitable.

24. TMMason profile image59
    TMMasonposted 12 years ago

And just imagine if Bachmann has a migraine while she was having PMS... oh my God!! smile

25. TMMason profile image59

Well I am not so sure obama can carry many of these 57 states in this election, or the Dems or Progressives... so i don't think the tea party members are going any where.

Matter of fact I would wager money that there are even more conservative tea party types in the Senate and House after the next election, and I know the Presidency will be Republican at the very least.

Who do you think will beat Obama right now?

1. TMMason profile image59
        TMMasonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I am not worried about right now, Bruce. The election is over a year away yet, be patient.

From what's being offered and the polls that show how they'd do against him, maybe a little worry would be justified.

2. Doug Hughes profile image60

"Matter of fact I would wager money that there are even more conservative tea party types in the Senate and House after the next election, and I know the Presidency will be Republican at the very least."

How much are you willing to bet on each? The House, the Senate and the Presidency?

Who do you trust to hold the money?

26. Stump Parrish profile image60

You plan on sharing that poll or are we just supposed to take your word for it like we are supposed to believe that tax cuts create jobs?

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls … -1745.html

He's absolutely right about the poll.  Unfortunately, they can't run a generic candidate, and the humans they have are deeply flawed.

27. Stump Parrish profile image60

nope my mind is still convinced your last name is really Gump

Thanks for your contribution to the discussion.

28. TMMason profile image59

Progressives on the Right, who have betrayed our principles and compromised away all our values and ideals for 90 years, are a dying breed and even now are on the run.

29. Mighty Mom profile image77
    Mighty Momposted 12 years ago

I'm late to this party, I know. And Jim Hunter and thebruceat are having their own discussion on larger issues.

I want to comment on the OP, however.
    The media focus on Michelle Bachmann's supposed migraines (which apparently she has not even had an episode since 2010) is a low blow. But at the same time, the media's glorification of her taking in 23 foster children is equally ridiculous. Like that qualifies her to run the United States?
    So they're giving her special treatment -- on both ends.
    Neither of which has anything to do with her qualifications or electability. Distraction, distraction, distraction....
    roll

30. profile image0

I think theres as much or more presidential ability in in Backmanns socialworking raising kids than in Pres. Obamas  socialworking in Chicago's downtown neigorhoods, If he actually did do that! By the way  what made him presidential material anyway. No corporate experience , now real political experience. Actually he came from withinin Blogadovich's neighborhood isn't it???

What do you mean, "If he actually did do that?"?  What a silly statement.
      He was a state senator, a U.S. senator as well.  Not bad for someone you claim had no political experience.
      Do you have people around you that let you get by with these ridiculous statements?

31. profile image0

Lets face the facts guys , Democrats blew it this Presidential election.  You started out perfectly getting everyone out to the polls , From 18 to 27 year olds elected Pres. Obama ! Using the grass roots ideals of the great Former loser Governor from Vermont -Howard Dean {My home state ]. Ok. So now what .The kids went back to the frat parties after that "victory" and then partied  right through the 2010 elections. OOOPS!
    I am hearing more and more desent from his followers lately .No one yet has mentioned exactly what made him Presidential material. Except his wall street following !

If we blew it, what did the Republicans do?

Oh, that's right.

LOSE!

32. profile image0

Got you a little worried last year didn't they , and just wait , even liberals are learning the hard way . PC  doesn't work for much!  Its okay to admit you blew it, dont be so hard on yourselves! .  Perhaps one day soon we can all drop the partisan crap and vote for the person .....not the Image!

Non-responsive.

33. lovemychris profile image74
    lovemychrisposted 12 years ago

Well, I have to be partisan, because I'm pro-choice.

There IS only one party (of the 2) that I can go to.

Both Palin and Bachmann are anti-abortion.

There is only one party (of the 2) that holds women as equals, That cares about personal freedom, and that does NOT throw poor people to the DOGS.

Sorry--you call it partisan, I call it standing by my beliefs.

1. profile image0

Lovemychris,   It is sad that the workings and manipulations of the ideals in politics ,  on both sides,   is as simply stated  as you're post!  "There is only  blah ,blah  blah blah"....  One of two parties. ",    My point exactly!  Do you really believe that  abortions  is as simple as black and white.  Yes or no ?    Because you are pro choice there is only one party that can be yours.!!!     I consider myself closer to a conservative ideology and believe 100 percent in a womans choice!     I can live with the idiots who say NO ABORTIONS ,  what I have trouble with is the  blinding affects of political correctness that feed into  the lefts  everyday actions in politics.

34. thebrucebeat profile image59
    thebrucebeatposted 12 years ago

My turn.  Going to dinner.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)