Obamacare ~ Supreme Court ~ Early as Monday

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (106 posts)
  1. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 11 years ago

"Republicans and Democrats are girding for a politically explosive week as the Supreme Court prepares to rule as early as Monday on the federal health care overhaul."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/06 … care-case/

Seems to me that the 10th amendment all by itself invalidates Obamacare. "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

However, Congress and the Supreme Court have been ignoring the 10th amendment for decades. I'm putting the odds at 50:50 here.

1. Healthy Pursuits profile image78
      Healthy Pursuitsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Sorry, but I'd find the true news ANYplace but Fox.

I do agree that Obamacare has some serious flaws, though.

I also agree with people who say something must be done about our really, truly, incompetent, inefficient, expensive, ugly (well, you get the idea) healthcare situation. Our quality of care is below Cuba's for Pete's sake! And our infant mortality is so bad that 33 other countries are listed as having lower infant deaths than we are.

paradigmsearchposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I deliberately picked Fox to see if I'd get a rise out of anybody about that. big_smile

1. Healthy Pursuits profile image78
          Healthy Pursuitsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Oh, you scamp! big_smile

lol

It's what I do. big_smile

2. LauraGT profile image85
      LauraGTposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'm glad we've finally decided to join the rest of the developed world in offering universal health care!  Go Supreme Court!

Many times I equate today's attempts by our government to fight our corrupt medical profession as the same as when our government mounted a campaign to stop the gangsters' protection rackets in the Thirties.

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 11 years ago

I'm expecting the Supreme Court to side with individual rights. If not, then apparent the Constitution truly isn't what it was meant to be.

Obamacare isn't affordable health care and it has no hope in reforming "health care" in America.

Whenever government puts their hands into something then the cost of living increase for EVERYONE not just some.

3. American View profile image61
    American Viewposted 11 years ago

One thing is for sure, no matter the ruling, one side will not be happy and the politics will ratchet up some more.

1. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hey AV, the politics is going to ratchet up anyways. lol

1. American View profile image61
        American Viewposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Cagsil,

We ain't seen nothing yet. Just when we think we have seen it all, they show us new ways

Yep. hmm

2. SimeyC profile image88
      SimeyCposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Gotta agree here. Damn politics gets in the way of any real progress. There are some good things in Obamacare, there are some bad things. Work together and produce something that helps America rather than thinking about how to use the 'politics' to gain power.

But neither side will do that. I cannot see the court overturning the bill so Obama will tout this as a victory - however if it is turned over the Republicans will use it to try and use it to win the election.

Come on - work for the people, not for the power....

3. Dr Billy Kidd profile image90
      Dr Billy Kiddposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Obamacare is dead. I don't think the politics will ratchet up. I think the progressives have been defeated for this generation.

But, American View, I respect your opinion on it. I know everyone will be talking about it for 10 days, then Romney and Obama will settle in on some bogus lines, and we'll hear that nonsense for a few months.

But, otherwise, the healthcare conversation is dead. Just go to the ER, that's going to be the Supreme Court and the House Republican message. And what? Can you argue with that?

1. psycheskinner profile image84
        psycheskinnerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Cited for irony.

4. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 11 years ago

I'm sure the payoffs to Clarence Thomas will have their effects.

No more than Elena Kagan or Sonia Sotomayor.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image79
        Uninvited Writerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Were they paid money by the insurance industry too?

Was Clarence?

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61
            Ron Montgomeryposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You can't seriously say that you are unaware of that.....

Oh wait, FoxNews.

Never mind.

2. tirelesstraveler profile image59
              tirelesstravelerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

So If Clarence did? What about Elena Kaggan, who helped write the healthcare bill, but wouldn't recuse herself?  Must have been some very interesting discussions on this thing.

5. profile image0
    Deb Welchposted 11 years ago

Cags - I read the FoxNews link and read an article in today's paper.  If I read it correctly - Obama seems to think that within the lines of the Constitution - the government can force people to acquire health insurance.  This they have to prove.  Medicaid will hit the roof - and each state will have a huge project on their hands if ObamaCare is approved.

And I am not expecting the Supreme Court to hold it in place. I think the Courts are going to tell them they cannot do it in this case.

As I already said, I don't approve of the government getting involved in this part of society. It will only waste money, more resources and trillions unseen in the future.

6. SimeyC profile image88
    SimeyCposted 11 years ago

I cannot vote in the US (even though I pay a boat load of taxes) - I benefit in many ways from Obamacare - I cannot understand how both sides cannot sit around a table and work out what parts should be kept and what parts should be removed.

The democrats will not shift and insist the whole bill must be accepted. The Republicans sit back and say it's not constitutional and will repeal the whole act despite the fact that millions of people are benefiting -and yet they have not said what they will do.

Come on Washington - forget about Party lines - do what is right for once and work together! Yeah right!

Both sides should be thrown out of power....

1. habee profile image92
      habeeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Well said!

2. Wayne Brown profile image80
      Wayne Brownposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You say that "millions of people are benefiting" but at who's expense are they benefiting?  Obama can talk all he wants about the zero debt load of this program but when a government hands out free medical coverage to 30+ million people, then someone has to pay for that ride.  Ultimately that cost will fall squarely on the backs of the middle-class taxpayers. The wealthy of America will bear some of that burden but it will not be felt like it will be by the middle-class of people who have to work for a living, have to pay these mandated premiums and have to accept the level of care which comes with it...then add on the additional costs of those who get the free ride.  This is simply another step deeper into the the social drowning of this country.  This decision by the Supreme Court seals that fate and throws the door wide open for ignoring the Constitution on future matters.  Forget about what it does to lower the potential quality of healthcare, attract the most talent workers in the discipline and deal with cost efficiencies.  The government has not touched anything and saw the costs go down...they will head up...way way up.  This is the tragedy of this decision and ultimately the irony of "providing affordable quality healthcare". WB

+1

2. Jane Bovary profile image84
        Jane Bovaryposted 11 years agoin reply to this

What a  miserable attitude. You would rather see tens of thousands  of your fellow Americans suffer for the sake of saving some lousy tax dollars.

Vast numbers of people die every year in the US of preventable causes because they don't have access to care. The number one cause of bankruptcy in your country is apparently due to illness and medical costs. You spend twice as much on healthcare as any other industrialised nation yet are ranked 37th in the world by the WHO.

Yet, we have all that in Canada and we are doing better than the US is. And we live longer... It's not perfect, but nothing is.

7. paradigmsearch profile image60

BTW, there seems to be a consensus among the TV commentators that the Supreme Court can pick and choose what parts of the bill are valid and which are not. This could be a very messy week indeed...

8. tirelesstraveler profile image59
    tirelesstravelerposted 11 years ago

They won't hand down the ruling until Thursday.  Then they all leave for Europe and points beyond. They won't come back to work until October and the hoop la will have died down. That should tell us something,

9. Ron Montgomery profile image61
    Ron Montgomeryposted 11 years ago

http://eyeoncitrus.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/clarencethomas.jpg?w=493&h=446

10. paradigmsearch profile image60

There is an "investment" website out there that presumably never, ever gets it wrong. That site says the odds are 75% that the  individual mandate will be ruled unconstitutional.

11. rebekahELLE profile image86
    rebekahELLEposted 11 years ago
  12. paradigmsearch profile image60

I wonder where the feathers in Washington are going to start flying now...

1. Mighty Mom profile image78
      Mighty Momposted 11 years agoin reply to this

A bit overstated to say they're eating crow, but...

(from WashPo)

House Republicans have vowed to repeal the entire law, though it's unlikely the Democratic-controlled Senate would let that happen, and this decision may slow momentum for that move.

BOEHNER:

"Today's ruling underscores the urgency of repealing this harmful law in its entirety," House Speaker John Boehner said in a statement.

ROMNEY:

Mitt Romney told reporters shortly before noon that he would repeal the law his first day in office if elected. "ObamaCare was bad policy yesterday, it's bad policy today," he said.

Want a little tar with them feathers, boys?
      lol

1. Reality Bytes profile image74
        Reality Bytesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Republicans have been saying since the beginning, this is a tax.

1. Bob Zermop profile image68
          Bob Zermopposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yep, it's a tax. A completely constitutional tax. NOW we can talk about getting it repealed.

2. profile image0
        PrettyPantherposted 11 years agoin reply to this

How is he going to repeal it his first day in office?  By Executive Order?  Won't that make him a dictator to all those constitutional "experts" who just had a fit over Obama's recent Executive Order?

No, no executive order needed. He is going to opt the states out, just like Obama has done for his unions and business buddies. Opting out in in the healthcare law. So Romney will use the law against itself

Awesome solution.

Then the obese, diabetic, tobacco-smoking slovenly morons from the opted-out states can come to MY state, which has been planning to move forward with our without ACA.
            Why?
            Because addresseing the rapidly worsening health of our citizens, their lack of access to care (forget affordable, let's talk available) has to happen or the health care safety net, already full of holes, will break.

Which is apparently what the Republicans really want.
            Viva private payers!

13. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 11 years ago

I've read the article about it and I now have one question.

When does taxation become too much that it violates the Declaration of Independence?

hmm

Probably anything over 100%. Though it will depend on the make-up of the Court at the time...

Really? I mean seriously. hmm

I see a Constitutional problem here:

Right to petition the Government for a redress of grievances

re·dress

"Remedy or set right (an undesirable or unfair situation): "the power to redress the grievances of our citizens"

Where do the people file petition?  At the ballot box?  That does not make sense.

Exactly why I am currently building Cagsil. To give people an honest way to redress government politics, processes and policies.

This BS is just too much.

2. paradigmsearch profile image60

Split decisions make it blatantly clear to me that there is no such thing as jurisprudence anymore. It's all 100% politics. So whatever the Court's  politics are, that will be what the taxes are.

100% politics? Roberts voted with the left.

1. Bob Zermop profile image68

Exactly. It's a lot of things, but it's a good show for the non-partisanship of the SCOTUS at least.

3. tirelesstraveler profile image59

This ruling is actually stunning. Think about it.  They constrained the commerce clause and said the mandate was permissible because it was a tax. Bringing the IRS into the mix. Also making Mr.Obama the highest taxing president of all time. Today the president is rejoicing, but in a few days when the ruling unravels there will be whaling and gnashing of teeth in DC. The court did what it was supposed to do in a circuitous fashion. They threw the politics back at the politicians and called a tax a tax.

But, that doesn't address my original question which I posed before the response you responded to, asked.

When does too much taxation violate the Declaration of Independence?

sad yikes

2. Paul Wingert profile image59
            Paul Wingertposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Americans are well known for their "I want, want, want, but don't want to pay for it" attitude. For the right wing out there, get over it and welcome to modern times. This isn't the late 18th Century.

You're right it's not. But, it's also not suppose to be "stupidity in motion" either. yikes

3. Bob Zermop profile image68

Awesome post by tirelesstraveler, completely true. Roberts has made a genius move for conservatives.

1. profile image0

Yes, they will continue to argue that wealthy individuals and mega-corporations should continue to enjoy paying a smaller portion of their income in federal taxes than do middle-class Americans, while simultaneously calling for an end to a relatively small tax that will only be applied to those who refuse to take personal responsibility for their health by purchasing health insurance.

I'd say that's a winning argument for the party of personal responsibility!  roll

4. tirelesstraveler profile image59

Didn't realize when I wrote that comment the Roberts turned trader and blew the constitution out of the water.

You mean he decided based on law and not on political party. What exactly did he trade?

14. Reality Bytes profile image74
    Reality Bytesposted 11 years ago

Obama campaign, new campaign song:

There’s one for you, nineteen for me,
    ‘Cause I’m the Taxman,
    Yeah, I’m the Taxman.
    Should five per cent appear too small,
    Be thankful I don’t take it all.
    ‘Cause I’m the Taxman,
    Yeah, I’m the Taxman.

(If you drive a car ), I’ll tax the street,
    (If you try to sit ), I’ll tax your seat,
    (If you get too cold ), I’ll tax the heat,
    (If you take a walk ), I’ll tax your feet.
    Taxman.

‘Cause I’m the Taxman,

Now my advice for those who die,
    Declare the pennies on your eyes,
    ‘Cause I’m the Taxman,
    Yeah, I’m the Taxman.
    And you’re working for no-one but me,
    (Taxman).

15. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 11 years ago

It is a corporate court. Forced buy a private corporate product.

16. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 11 years ago

social contract theory

socialized health care (you pay more, you have the capacity to pay more)

the price of belonging to a society and a certain government

health is basic just like education, the gov't has the right to improve the overall Q of life

lol lol

Thank you PDH! I desperately needed something to make me laugh. Much appreciated. lol lol lol lol lol

1. prettydarkhorse profile image62
        prettydarkhorseposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The health care situation in the US is way par below, 17th among the more developed nations. Don't you think the government needs to do something about it? The fact is that we are under a government and we have a social unwritten contract with that gov't so that they can help improve the health situation of the people.

When a parent doesn't send their children to school all things normal, there is truancy. What is the difference between education and health? We speak of freedom but we breathe the same air and we live in a territory.

2. profile image0

I'm not sure why you think that's so funny.  We pay for our government to facilitate the killing of people in other countries; why can't we pay for our government to facilitate better health care for our own people?

Because, it's pathetic(so sad it's funny) to think that "health" is anyone else's responsibility other than self.

Yes, I understand that "health care" should be affordable. I have no problem with that idea. However, the government isn't going to make that happen. To think that it can when it cannot address other social issues such as poverty and homelessness, is completely absurd.

Health is absolutely a responsibility beyond the individual's.
            Or do you advocate abolishing entities like the CDC?

Mighty Mom, your health is specifically your responsibility until it no longer can be done. Then it should fall on society to help pick up the tab.

Until then, NO! it is not someone else's responsibility.
              Your question is moot because it's comparing apples to oranges. Why? Two distinct difference in responsibility.

How is it apples and oranges, Cags?
                My health either my personal responsibility or it's not.
                If it's mine, I do not require any government intervention, including a government agency to keep me healthy.

Taxpayer dollars fund CDC. How can you sanction that waste?

Apples=Individual Oranges=National/Societal.

Yes, but if you don't plan for the future of your life, then you will most likely have no ability to take care of the responsibility for end of life issues, which could range in the thousands of dollars a month, a day or a year for years.

That is why I said, when you are no longer able to take care of the responsibility of taking care of yourself, then it should fall upon the rest of society to help your end of life issues to be minimized as much as possible.

Mighty Mom, your argument here is completely foolish. There's some things which are beyond your control as a part of society, such as domestic attacks on you individually and/or foreign attacks from others.

Domestic attacks and foreign attacks are not something you can control. Having affordable health care because of the actions of others is necessary, but Obamacare isn't affordable health care. As explained- whenever the government gets involved in personal/individual matters such as this, then ALL related costs increase because they(government) got involved.

Yes, I know. yikes
                  I'm not. hmm

1. profile image0

"As explained- whenever the government gets involved in personal/individual matters such as this, then ALL related costs increase because they(government) got involved."

This is simply not true.

2. profile image0

Mighty Mom is correct.  The CDC exists to protect our health.  Their mission statement:

"Collaborating to create the expertise, information, and tools that people and communities need to protect their health – through health promotion, prevention of disease, injury and disability, and preparedness for new health threats."

The rest of it is here:  http://www.cdc.gov/about/organization/mission.htm

Of course, everyone should take personal responsibility for their own health.  However, one cannot control everything, such as the drunk driver who puts a perfectly healthy person in the hospital resulting in thousands or even millions in medical bills for that one stupid act.  It is not laughable to believe it is cost effective and prudent for our government to provide certain services to its citizens that are either morally necessary or for the greater good of the country as a whole.

No problem can be completely solved by government, but some things, such as the health of its citizens, can be helped by government involvement.  One good example is the government initiative to warn its citizens of the hazards of smoking.  No, it doesn't stop all people from smoking, but it has lowered the rate significantly.

Anyway, my point is that PDH's statement is far from laughable; it reflects a rational and humane notion about the potential for government to help its citizens.  After all, that is why governments are formed in the first place.

This is on a national level. DUH!
                  Yes, and that would be one reason to have health care for yourself. Keep digging the hole you're standing in.
                  You're too funny! The government has NEVER been effective or efficient at handling the Economy, much less know what is best for society.
                  Really? roll Government cannot even operate itself. Much less help citizens find or get or receive affordable health care.
                  Of course they did. Too bad you don't know why? But are willingly to accept what you've been told.
                  Really? It's not rational. It's not actually humane either.
                  lol

1. profile image0

I don't see much point in continuing this discussion.  We obviously have a different view of the role and efficiency of government.  I have worked in both government and private sector jobs, and it is not true that the private sector is more efficient for all things.  Private companies' primary goal is to make a profit, so their efficiencies are directed toward their bottom line.  In the case of health care, that means situations such as prescribing a less desirable drug because it costs less, or ordering tests that cost more for the patient but provide greater profit for the company.

But, I can see it really won't matter what evidence is provided for some people, as their notion of government is warped and rigid and will not be changed by facts.

2. profile image0

"Of course they did. Too bad you don't know why? But are willingly to accept what you've been told

I picked this out because I'd like to see just one factual, well-reasoned response from you.  Please tell me why, since you are claiming I am ignorant on the subject.  I would like to be educated, with actual facts, of course.

2. Jane Bovary profile image84
      Jane Bovaryposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That's not laughable at all.  Any decent government should be obligated to provide a basic social infrastructure for it's citizens and that would, of course, include universal healthcare.

17. Reality Bytes profile image74
    Reality Bytesposted 11 years ago

So why can't an individual purchase health care across state lines, seeing as it is now a national issue?

1. profile image0

Health insurance is currently regulated at the state level.  Would you prefer it be regulated at the federal level, because that is what would have to happen in order for it to be sold across state lines.

It is not being regulated at the federal level, are you sure?

U.S. Solicitor General Donald Verrilli

"The (health insurance) market is regulated at the federal level in very significant ways already," Verrilli told the chief justice.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/03 … z1z7Tmqlou

1. profile image0

This article explains it quite well.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/aroy/2012/0 … uce-costs/

From the article:

""5/11/2012

Right now, in nearly every state, insurance is regulated at the state level.

nobody wants to make a major business investment in health insurance at a time when the entire regulatory landscape could be upended by the Supreme Court.""

Haven't things been upended by the Supreme Court?

1. profile image0

I don't know.  I am not an expert on today's decision.  Why don't you explain it to me?  The article dated 5/11/12 explicitly states that "right now, in nearly ever state, insurance is regulated at the state level."

I am in the same situation. Why I asked if this would allow the purchase of policies across state lines.  I am curious?

1. profile image0

I don't see how today's decision would affect that, but like I said, I am no expert.

18. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 11 years ago

Let's not jump the gun here to end of life.
    Let's talk about here and now.
    Let's talk about millions of Americans who want to take responsibility for their health today. But rack rate for doctors visits is out of their reach. So they go without.
    Rack rate for hospital care would bankrupt them in second.
    So they go without.

There are only so many "go withouts" until NOT getting care escalates the type and amount of care you need. Which ends up even more expensive.
    And who pays?
    WE ALL PAY.

This mandate IS about taking personal responsibility for your own health by carrying insurance so that you get preventive care and have protection against hospitalizations or major illness.

I simply don't understand the resistance.
    It's a benefit to individuals and families and a boon to society.

That is wrong.

19. gamergirl profile image84
    gamergirlposted 11 years ago

Cagsil,

Ordinarily I agree with you buddy.

This time, I don't - not on all points.  Here are my objections:

Looking to the rest of the world is what every member of our (albeit oversized and lacking in personal accountability themselves) federal government does - our policies and decisions have been either by the assistance and guidance of foreign nations, or a parroted copy of other countries for some time.  They're slightly modified, of course, to cater to the American people dependent on a wide range of variables, but the sentiment is there.

Making America's health system higher quality and lower cost to the individual is going to be a matter of looking at countries whose health care systems work and making the necessary changes to adopt a working model.  Our system is not working, so what we need to do is see where similar countries to ours are doing it *right.*

The basic problem I see is this:  Who should pay the price? The individual who spent upwards of $200,000 on their schooling and skills, the individual we look to for expertise and professional medical care, who is providing the service and thusly forging their own life and overcoming the costs of reaching the point of providing the service? Or, the individual who has an illness which needs attention, who is using the service, time, and expertise of their service provider?

This is the problem I am seeing:  The process begins with the incredibly high cost of tuition for VITAL fields of study.  Anyone can go get a two year degree in creative writing and spend 20 to 40 grand to have a frivilous college education.  But doctors? Ten times that, easy.  Combine that with the kind of work being done - I consider their high rate of pay to be an offset for their tuition, but also for hazard pay.  It is from THIS, and unregulated pricing structures for medicine, and so much wasted time from people who don't NEED a doctor's attention but get it because every visit must be seen by a doctor, right?  The whole cycle needs picking apart and reworking.

20. gamergirl profile image84
    gamergirlposted 11 years ago

Hrmph.  Don't know why I spent the time replying - looks like a fight and extreme labeling is all that was wanted here.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)