jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How can I stop my boyfriend from sulking?

1. stricktlydating profile image82
    stricktlydatingposted 8 years ago

How can I stop my boyfriend from sulking?

He acts like a baby when he doesn't get his own way, it's really immature, and I don't know how to deal with it!

2. EFPotter profile image59
    EFPotterposted 8 years ago

Tell him to be a big boy, and that in the adult world and in adult relationships, people can't always get what they want, and that sulking isn't the way to accomplish goals.

3. trish777 profile image56
    trish777posted 7 years ago

Hello stricklydating,

I don't know if you have heard of Dr. David Amen but he would advise that you not react to the sulking and pay extra attention to him when he is not sulking.

Telling him to stop are getting mad at him will not help.  Most likely it is a behavior that he used with his mom as a guilt trip and he probably got what he wanted that way.  By not paying attention to his sulking you will not be feeding this attention seeking behavior and by paying extra attention when he is not sulking will reinforce his need for attention in a positive way.

Two really good relationship sources are Dr. David Amen at amenclinics.com, and Christian Carter.

Good Luck,

4. profile image48
    big horrayposted 7 years ago

Get another boyfriend.  Babies belong with thier Mommies so put him in a fresh diaper and drop him off at his Mommies.  Get a mature boyfriend to share your life with and enjoy life.

5. profile image47
    Celtic_Pandaposted 7 years ago

Drop him like a bad habit.  A kid like that doesn't deserve a woman like you.

6. Mrs. J. B. profile image59
    Mrs. J. B.posted 7 years ago

DO NOT DEAL WITH IT. When your boyfriend sulks, pouts or whatever just WALK OFF.
    Trust me..... Trying to figure out what his problem is or trying to get him to talk about it will only PISS you off even more because it will be like trying to pull teeth.
    My best advice and I am well into my 50's is to ignore him, do not baby him and act as though nothing is out of the norm.