This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

My boyfriend and I have had a relationship for more than a year, we had lots in

1. sontag profile image49
    sontagposted 8 years ago

My boyfriend and I have had a relationship for more than a year, we had lots in common and loved...

each other a lot. We were planning a short vacation together but suddenly he changed his mind saying he preferred to spend his money in an expensive camera that he really wanted.  I felt very dissapointed and told him that I really needed time together away from work. I went ahead and took the trip by myself.  When I came back we went out for dinner and where talking just fine until he heard me saying I enjoyed my trip.  Then he suddenly told me he didnt want to be in a relationship with me anymore.  I havent heard from him again.  I feel confused and extremely hurt, I still dont understand wh

2. Lisa HW profile image69
    Lisa HWposted 8 years ago

Maybe he had started to change in how he was thinking/feeling before the trip, and maybe it was that (not the camera) that was his real reason for thinking the trip wouldn't be a good idea.  If he was planning to make a change before the trip he probably would have felt awkward or guilty going on the trip as if all was great.  Maybe he didn't want to spoil your trip and planned to break up as soon as you got back, and maybe he thought that as long you seemed to have had a good time it was an OK time to break up.  He probably knew what he was going to say but figured he'd let you tell him about the trip before saying it (out of trying to be polite and trying not to dump the bad stuff on you the minute he first saw you).

I suppose there's the chance he really did think having something "to keep" was a better way to spend money than "blowing it" on a trip; and maybe your spending your money on the trip "drove home" the point that you and he have different ideas about what to spend money on?  Or, maybe he's someone who didn't like the idea of you going on the trip without him and that "drove home" the point that you're more independent than he likes?

It's all just guesses, of course.  I know it doesn't help to keep this in mind, but whenever someone breaks up "out of the blue" the other person is usually hurt and confused.  If nothing else, keep in mind that if things weren't what they should have been between you, better he break up now than let things go on and on indefinitely. For now, hang in there.  See what happens.  Either you'll move on or else there's the chance you may end up getting back together.

3. stricktlydating profile image84
    stricktlydatingposted 8 years ago

For whatever reason, it sounds like your boyfriend has ended your relationship. It's obviously left you feeling hurt and confused - which is normal to feel when the one you love has ended your relationship.  It's disappointing that he didn't choose to go on holiday with you. It sounds like he didn't care for you enough or didn't want to take the relationship further, as he was willing to participate in the planning of your holiday, but when it came down to it, he decided not to go. Good for you for still taking the holiday. He may feel some guilt for not going with you (hense the silent treatment he's since given you) but still it sounds like he wasn't able to move forward in your relationship. After a year together of course you should be planning holidays together, but he's backed out, which is why you're left feeling so hurt.

4. dutch84 profile image60
    dutch84posted 7 years ago

It seems like the problem is about more than just a camera and a trip.

working