jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Guys -- What would you do if you invited a girl (excuse me, woman) for a get-acq

1. dabeaner profile image55
    dabeanerposted 7 years ago

Guys -- What would you do if you invited a girl (excuse me, woman) for a get-acquainted...

drink at 9:30 or 10:00 PM with the understanding that it was for drinks -- only.  Then, when she gets there, she says that she didn't have time to get something to eat after work, and wants YOU to buy her dinner?

My opinion is -- no way -- leave.  What do you think?
    (Inspired by "Girls and Sports" cartoon strip 2010-08-04.)

2. scramble profile image64
    scrambleposted 7 years ago

Buy her the meal, act put out by the whole thing and then just move on to someone else. She was being rude and you probably don't want to have any more to do with her. She probably did all that on purpose to test whether A) you were gullible or B) were desperate for sex.

3. dawnM profile image65
    dawnMposted 7 years ago

well I am a woman and I would say ask her, see what she has to say, maybe she is playing you and then you leave or maybe she just got off work ran to meet you and forgot to eat and you just passed up a great girl?  You are already there so why not put her on the hot seat?

4. rulalenska profile image87
    rulalenskaposted 7 years ago

We know what you are doing calling a girl to have get-acquainted drinks at 9:30 p.m. You are hoping for booty from a girl you hardly know. It is an insult. She knows what you are doing, all women have met your kind before, and tells her co-workers, "I can't believe there's still a guy on earth who thinks this ploy will work. He thinks I'm real easy or that he's just so irresistible I won't be able to stop myself." Then she tells you yes and meets you, getting her revenge by shaming you into paying for her dinner. And there should be shame on you. Why are you asking out a girl when you are too lazy to set up a real date and too cheap to pay for her dinner? I hope this happens over and over until you 'get' what's wrong with your behavior.

working