jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Is having and online and/or long distance relationship healthy.....or even possi

1. NYKitten82 profile image60
    NYKitten82posted 7 years ago

Is having and online and/or long distance relationship healthy.....or even possible?

2. Jaggedfrost profile image79
    Jaggedfrostposted 7 years ago

Is
    there a wrong format for a relationship?  Heaven forbid!  Any relationship that is a relationship is a
    seed that is as worthy and fit to survive as any other.  It is true that some relationships or
    perspective relationships have higher... read more

3. ultracutebot profile image73
    ultracutebotposted 7 years ago

It can be. I met my boyfriend playing Artwiculate, a Twitter-based word game in January and we've been living together since May. I don't know if it could last long term (beyond a year) online/long distance without naturally evolving into an in-person relationship.

4. nicregi profile image77
    nicregiposted 7 years ago

Possible but you got to be careful.

Unless you have met the person, then you are on the safe side smile

5. zoey24 profile image75
    zoey24posted 7 years ago

Hiya
    I met my Boyfriend while i lived in Nottingham and he lived in Northampton, we spent all our spare time on the phone or texting, and saw each other weekends and holidays for the first two years of our relationship.
    The time apart made us stronger i think as when we did see each other we treasured the time more, We are now living together in Northampton with our baby and have been together for over five years, so i would say it really is possible.

6. sir_tallest profile image63
    sir_tallestposted 7 years ago

It's okay but I'll suggest you trend with caution before you really want to call it a relationship. There are many perverts and scammers online using online dating activities to hurt unsuspecting victims.......but if you get one true to you.....then he is worth keeping...........PS...if your date is a Nigerian or living in Nigeria.......BEWARE......too few are true and those that ani't....never end well.......don't ever send money to anyone out of love.....it's a scam

7. Iggy Sarducci profile image69
    Iggy Sarducciposted 7 years ago

Ah... the story unravels. I've done it... for a few months. And I've had friends do it. It's my impression that it is more fantasy than reality. Some people behave differently in person than on the phone or web. But mainly, body language says so much, and pheromones and face-to-face quality time are just so critical to romance. The best way to really feel somebody's soul is to be with him or her in person.

I am not suggesting that a healthy romantic relationship can't BEGIN long-D. I just think most will be more of a psychological fantasy when left to carry on more than a few months.

working