jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Is it wrong for a spouse who wants to separate to prolong the process of leaving

1. CMCastro profile image79
    CMCastroposted 7 years ago

Is it wrong for a spouse who wants to separate to prolong the process of leaving?

2. Richard Craig profile image78
    Richard Craigposted 7 years ago

Yes.  If you want to leave, just go.  Unless you think you would regret leaving.

3. SuperCC profile image55
    SuperCCposted 7 years ago

Dont stick with someone because you feel you have to, you should never feel as if its a chore to stay with this person. You should enjoy being with them!

4. ultracutebot profile image73
    ultracutebotposted 7 years ago

Yes. Take it from someone who just recently filed for divorce, it doesn't make sense no matter how you look at it unless there is some kind of financial reason and both you and your spouse agree to stick it out until that has been resolved. Otherwise, don't prolong it. My soon-to-be-ex-husband and I were married for over 3 years and had been in a relationship for 10 years. We are still friends now (especially since we have a son together) but I feel we are both guilty for staying in a relationship that should've ended years ago (possibly before we even got married). In retrospect there were so many signs, so many reasons for us to break up but I think we both ignored them because we were afraid of the unknown yet we were both utterly miserable. He's a great person but he and I were not meant to be married and we know that now, 10 years later and after the birth of our 2 year old son. The point is: PLEASE DON'T WAIT IF YOU DON'T HAVE TO!!!!

5. Apostle Jack profile image60
    Apostle Jackposted 7 years ago

The sooner the better.Why keep a burring match to your hand?

6. fucsia profile image60
    fucsiaposted 7 years ago

I think that this spouse must ask to himself  : "why I want to prolong the process of leaving?" The answer is the answer to your question. Maybe sometimes it is just fear, but sometimes can be a need to have more time to accept the separation.

Closed to reply