jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What can you do to get your man who is not at all affectionate to do romantic/af

1. qtkeeks profile image53
    qtkeeksposted 7 years ago

What can you do to get your man who is not at all affectionate to do romantic/affectionate things?

2. Mom Kat profile image81
    Mom Katposted 7 years ago

You can't really get him to do anything if he isn't willing to participate.  He would need to have the motivation to want to do romantic/affectinate things.
    You could always drop hints, have talks about things that you would like or that you find romantic...
    Perhaps find a good hub on ways a guy can romance his lady & provide him with the link.
    You could also start by doing romantic things with/for him & see if he gets some ideas from that. 
    For those really distant fellows - sometimes you have to spell it out. "Hey, honey, next Friday is date night.  It would make me really happy if you planned something romantic.  Maybe a nice dinner, some dancing, flowers... I'll leave it up to you, I want to be suprised! I can hardly wait to see what you come up with!"

3. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 7 years ago

Mom Kat has some excellent answers, but there are also just some guys that are not overtly romantic or affectionate by their nature. My ex was one of these, and though he sometimes tried he just wasn't comfortable with different non-sexual forms of physical affection (i.e. cuddling, holding hands in public, etc.) which I crave. It's not that he didn't want to make me happy, but that it just went against his nature and outside of his comfort zone to do so. If it's something very important to you in a relationship, then the best answer may be to find someone who is a good match with your expectations, and if you're already mismatched with someone in this area then you may need to think about just how much bearing it should have on your relationship as a whole. By all means, attempt to find ways to "draw him out" or steer him in the right direction for what you want, but pay attention to how such steering makes him feel...if he's uncomfortable and you're unhappy, there's a problem, but open communication about it may reveal a good compromise.

4. Apostle Jack profile image60
    Apostle Jackposted 7 years ago

If it is not broke ,don't fix it.Show him some ways to be romantic.Hava" a candle-light-breakfest" it work for me.