jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

How do you mend a broken heart?

1. awoodog profile image58
    awoodogposted 7 years ago

How do you mend a broken heart?

What do you do when someone you love leaves you? How do you get rid of the empty feeling left behind?

2. Jane Bovary profile image82
    Jane Bovaryposted 7 years ago

You can't...but Time will do it for you.

I know that's not much comfort to the brokenhearted.

3. Lisa HW profile image73
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

I suppose first you have to ask if you're getting something out of having a broken heart, because lots of times people seem to hang onto a broken heart longer than it would have hung on by itself. 

Other than that, give it time (time heals) and find sources of joy (even small, sometimes seemingly insignificant, joys) to help speed up the process.

4. evilia_lim profile image59
    evilia_limposted 7 years ago

I agree that only time can heal the broken heart. In fact time can heal many things, not only broken heart.  Just think positively, and everything will get back to normal.

5. dawnM profile image67
    dawnMposted 7 years ago

Hi awoodog, first what you are feeling is normal, but if you take the time to think about the other person and the relationship, in time you can grow and learn from the experience, take the good from it and use it to understand what type of person that you may want to be with in the future.  In the mean time, find things that you enjoy doing, what ever that may bo and get involved.  I know for most men, this does not work with woman, but with most men if you can do a project or task, your mind will be focused on that and not on your saddness.

6. C.V.Rajan profile image78
    C.V.Rajanposted 7 years ago

It depends on which material your heart is made of. If you have a heart of steel, weld it. If it is plastic, use Quickfix. If it is wooden, use Fevicol. If it is made of flesh, consult a plastic surgeon!  If it is made of emotions, leave it. As many said already, time will heal!

7. karhubpages profile image61
    karhubpagesposted 7 years ago

listen to your favorite music albums and forget everything that hurts you.  Our mind has the power to recover from any problem.  All the best to get rid of your problems and bad feelings. 

http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Power-Of-Our-Mind

8. EinsFloW profile image63
    EinsFloWposted 7 years ago

If you ask a hundred different people about that, you will get a hundred different answers. It is always depending on the person and the relationship.
    The only advice I can give you, is that your heart can often be repaired by a new partner and a new relationship.

9. dragonlady1967 profile image85
    dragonlady1967posted 7 years ago

Learn to love yourself again.  You're a much happier person when you like/love yourself.

10. Bel Marshall profile image60
    Bel Marshallposted 7 years ago

Time.
    Also take this time and focus on yourself.  If you get busy in a project or social activity, you won't spend as much time focusing on the hurt and pain.
    Eventually, it gets easier.

Closed to reply

working