jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (14 posts)

What do you do when someone you love insults you?

1. stricktlydating profile image81
    stricktlydatingposted 7 years ago

What do you do when someone you love insults you?

2. FrostHeart profile image55
    FrostHeartposted 7 years ago

Say "so?" hahah. Ahem, In a serious manner, tolerate your friend's behavior first, but if the situation goes on, you should tell your friend that you don't like the way he/she is acting. He/she needs to know that insulting people is a bad habit.

3. Right On Time profile image62
    Right On Timeposted 7 years ago

Ask them what they meant by it, and if it's nasty let it go once, twice and the third time give some back to them and ask them how does it feel.

4. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 7 years ago

You have to let them know it bothered you or hurt you.
    Keeping silent just causes them to repeat the behavior over and over again. Once you tell them how you feel about it if there is no change or apology you may want to make less time to be around them. When someone cares or loves you they don't want to "intentionally" hurt you.

5. home witch profile image81
    home witchposted 7 years ago

If they really meant it, it means that they are not worthy or deserving of your love and that they most probably don't love you either. So leave their toxic presence and focus on someone who does love you or has a better capacity to show affection.

6. Edlira profile image67
    Edliraposted 7 years ago

Stand up for yourself and don't tolerate it, not even once. Discuss the matter and let them know how you feel about it, making sure to let them understand that kind of language/behaviour is not accepted or appreciated.

7. lostdogrwd profile image60
    lostdogrwdposted 7 years ago

let them know what they said that insults you and you could do the same but you don,t want to hurt them like they did you. . always let love ones know you love them and what they say to you can hurt you.

8. profile image0
    Butch Newsposted 7 years ago

I would attempt to ask for an explanation.  If that were not forthcoming I'd think it was time to re-evaluate the relationship.

It might be painful but the best solution might be to drop that person completely from your life and move on.  Their actions will have proven that your love is not justified and you don't need to hurt yourself, there's plenty others out there who can hurt you but be kind to yourself.

9. drvosjeca profile image60
    drvosjecaposted 7 years ago

You just kiss him and tell him he is a jerk... Let him think this way

10. awoodog profile image57
    awoodogposted 7 years ago

Stand up for yourself, and tell them how it effected you. If you don't let them know how you feel they may continue to make insults even if they don't mean to. At times people will say things not understanding how much it hurts someone, by telling them it helps both you and them.

11. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 7 years ago

Insult them back, especially if their behavior isn't warranted.  If you don't want to be bothered with them, leave them where they stand.  And if they by any chance come back and try to act civil, about what they did, don't entertain them.  People like this are always up to something simple and no good.  Entertain at your own risk!

P.S. Going back and forth with conversation and explanation is just a waste of oxygen and time!  I'll compare it to talking to a dummy and expecting an answer much less a sensible answer....

Vonda G. Nelson

12. phiphi profile image58
    phiphiposted 7 years ago

Someone did that to me....she was forgiven and she did it again and this time she's ignored like an invisible person to me.

13. Klena profile image65
    Klenaposted 7 years ago

Be sure to discuss it with them in private. Do not fall to their standard and respond with insults. Do not fight or bring it up in public as they could be more likely to respond angrily if they feel they are being shamed or attacked.

Speak to them and calmly let them know that they have insulted you and it has hurt you. Don't accuse them or throw other problems you may have in their face - keep the focus on just the insult.

14. tinaweha profile image66
    tinawehaposted 7 years ago

It depends upon the level of the insult and how often he says things like that.

Sometimes, I give an insult right back.
    Sometimes, I know it is meant as a joke and I groan and roll my eyes.
    Sometimes, after I've had enough but before I have children with that someone, I walk away and never come back.

Help me with this.  Seriously, I write about divorce for another site and I would like to know what people say for answers:
    http://hubpages.com/question/94572/why- … ed-anymore