How do I get over an ex that I work with that still isnt over her ex?

1. profile image48
    dazt99posted 6 years ago

How do I get over an ex that I work with that still isnt over her ex?

I dated a girl I fell in love with 2 years ago, we finally got together after 12 months of knowing each other. Prior to this she was seeing a married man. We have just ended our relationship as she says she cannot get over him despite not seeing him in over 6 months. he constantly texts, calls and emails her and she replies. She said she has tried to ignore it but cant. We have broken up a few times and now this feels for real. He still wont let her go and seems to have a hold on her. I feel invisible in all this. Her reason for breaking up with me was that she wasnt over him and is now mourni

2. Seeker7 profile image96
    Seeker7posted 6 years ago

Hi there,

As hard as it is I think for your sake you would be better letting her go. I do realise that you can't turn your feelings on and off like a tap and you probably still have feelings for her. But in reality she does seem to be so engrossed with this married man that she can't function in another relationship. Maybe this will change in the future if she ever gets over him, but how long are you prepared to wait? You deserve better than you have been given. I would take a deep breath and move on. Find a girl that doesn't have any complicated ties and wants to be with you rather than a ghost from the past. Lots of luck.

3. KiandraRutledge profile image67
    KiandraRutledgeposted 6 years ago

I agree with seeker7.  She's not ready because she's emotionally tied to someone else right now whether they are together or not.  You very well could be a better choice for her, but it would have to be her choice to make and right now she's not ready to make it.  Not an easy situation to be in for sure, but it's even worse trying to be in a relationship with someone whose heart is divided.

working