jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Why Are Men More Flattering in Love than Women?

1. mdlawyer profile image37
    mdlawyerposted 7 years ago

Why Are Men More Flattering in Love than Women?

2. C.V.Rajan profile image78
    C.V.Rajanposted 7 years ago

Demand versus supply. Women want flattery. They don't really bother about lies when receiving flattery. So, naturally....

3. wychic profile image90
    wychicposted 7 years ago

I think it's because so many women (often mistakenly) think that men don't like the compliments every bit as much as they do. This is something that I've had to learn over the years too because no one really makes a big deal out of it, but all the men that I've ever been close to really appreciate getting the same kind of positive feedback that women almost invariably expect from men. Women will usually be outspoken about it or ask questions specifically to get compliments from their men, but men will just quietly think whatever they will about themselves and assume that the woman they loves thinks the same whether it's true or not.

4. Jarn profile image82
    Jarnposted 7 years ago

Relationships are a matter of give and take. Women hold all the cards initially, and it is a man's job to work for a woman's affection, primarily because women are typically more desirable and men have a more rampant sex drive. Women have. Men Want. So a man must get a woman to give. That's the nature of the male/female dynamic. So, when a man is working toward gaining a woman's affection, he's going to use every tactic at his disposal. Flattering someone is both easy and surprisingly effective, so it's employed frequently.

5. b4u2 profile image61
    b4u2posted 7 years ago

No way!They just lie more/better.However we are playing the game just as good are we not? It's true everything comes back to you!You give what u give~Did you all not create this?Perhaps it is true! Be true to thy ownself~Word are not'the prevayor of truth,I know that i believe in no man/woman.Just what is within~

6. Loveslove profile image57
    Lovesloveposted 7 years ago

They are not as far as mine is concerned...he never pays me compliments or says  those 3 all important words....BUT he doesnt need to ..I know what he thinks and feels words are  not a nessesity in our relationship.

7. profile image47
    justmeservant4jcposted 7 years ago

Perhaps because they are trying to impress woman, or get something out of you.