jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (13 posts)

What are the significant ways to build up relationship with our wife?

1. Van Lal Hmangaih profile image77
    Van Lal Hmangaihposted 7 years ago

What are the significant ways to build up relationship with our wife?

2. h_blunck profile image48
    h_blunckposted 7 years ago

More than anything, listen. Sharing means providing mutually beneficial things you can fondly remember years from today, and to do that you have to listen to signals that will tell you what is best. Even smallest details can be very important in the long run. :-)

3. jon smith profile image57
    jon smithposted 7 years ago

The main thing is the communication. Tell her what are you thinking of, what are you working on, just tell her how are you and listen what she has to tell you

4. ThunderKeys profile image66
    ThunderKeysposted 7 years ago

A powerful yet counter-intuitive communication tool for couples is a simple "scaling exercise" that can relationship science shows can be very helpful in times of conflict and when things are running beautifully between a couple.

Ask your partner to rate how you're doing as partner on a scale of 1 to 10 with one meaning "I'm not happy" and 10 meaning "this relationship is piece of heaven." If you get a 10 most of the time write a hub or maybe a book, so that other couples can learn from you and your relationship. If you get a 7 or lower, ask specific open-ended questions to find what's keeping you from a 10. Make sure to ask similar questions about how this gap is making your partner feel.

Keep up you're gentle questioning until you have a clear idea of what's causing the "gap,"  how it feels for your partner emotionally and what specific steps you need to take to get to a 10. Once you've implement your "action-plan", ask your partner to scale your relationship again to see if you're getting to a 10.

I've seen this simple solution-focused approach really work with highly distressed couples in my private practice. It's a particularly powerful strategy when both partners work reciprocally to more effectively communicate and meet each others core-relationship needs!

- Duddy.

5. moonfairy profile image80
    moonfairyposted 7 years ago

by being her best friend. honesty, trust and communication are key. talk to her about your feelings, fears, hopes and dreams. Listen to her. laugh often and love openly. compliment her and let her know you appreciate her and the things she does.

6. earnings33 profile image37
    earnings33posted 7 years ago

All a wife needs is love. Love is the major key of the relationship. If we give love to our wife and realizes her that she is the most amazing and beautiful lady of the world and we are happy with them. This thing can influence a lot on our wife. Somehow we should take our wife out for dinner or lunch that makes them much happier. Wife has a hunger of love so they just need love with lots of honesty.

7. barbergirl28 profile image77
    barbergirl28posted 7 years ago

Read the Love Dare... it is a book that gives you different dares each day to strenghten and build on a relationship. The intention is to fix one's suffering relationship, but I find it also helps to strenghten a relationship.

8. DexisView profile image73
    DexisViewposted 7 years ago

It's nice to be interested in ways to build up a relationship with your wife, but I say that being interesting is what will keep her interested.  What attracted you to each other?  Keep these qualities fresh and don't get too caught up in the day to day routines that allow boredom to set it.
    ....and always that tell her that you love her and think she's beautiful smile

9. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 7 years ago

Listen to her and let her know that you hear her, and what she says registers.  We all need to be heard and that is a huge part of the love relationship.

10. Edoka Writes profile image59
    Edoka Writesposted 7 years ago

To be/become best friends. Aren't we great to our closest friends, yet at times, mean to our mate.
    Listen, share, learn from each other and with each other; and, if you believe in a Higher Power- pray together, for one another.

11. maria.rose profile image36
    maria.roseposted 7 years ago

Be fair and tell her that you love her that  is main reason to built up relationship with our wife.

12. A la carte profile image57
    A la carteposted 7 years ago

Get rid of the our and make it my and that should help somewhat:)

13. speedbird profile image74
    speedbirdposted 7 years ago

I believe the best way to spruce up a relationship with your wife is to be honest and trustworthy.

working