jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

If you catch a friend cheating on their significant other, should u tell their g

1. Competitor82 profile image60
    Competitor82posted 6 years ago

If you catch a friend cheating on their significant other, should u tell their gf/bf?

2. Just Ask Susan profile image90
    Just Ask Susanposted 6 years ago

That's a tough one. I've seen many friendships end because of this.

3. Smart is Good profile image59
    Smart is Goodposted 6 years ago

I would confront my own friend first before meddling into someone else's relationship. I'd let that friend know that what she/he is doing is wrong and that I'm very disappointed on him/her. I wouldn't give this friend an ultimatum because I am nobody to control her life or what she does but I would say that the best would be to come clean and break it off with their current significant other before more damage is done. Cheating is a very hurtful situation and no one should be put through that amount of trouble.

Why cheat? If you're not satisfied with your current BF/GF just break up with them before doing something that might jeopardise your integrity and your future relationships not counting how much emotional damage is done.

4. kayyluh profile image78
    kayyluhposted 6 years ago

That is a very hard one to answer. I know many friends don't believe it when they tell them their partner is cheating. I would definitly want to know, i'm sure everyone would. I might do it if its a close friend other wise I would just mind my own buisness and let them deal with their relationship. If they need your advice i'm sure they would ask for it.

5. MickS profile image70
    MickSposted 6 years ago

No, you should keep your nose ouit of their business.

6. cloverleaffarm profile image76
    cloverleaffarmposted 6 years ago

That's a tough one, but being one that was cheated on, I do wish someone had told me.
    I think if it is done in a delicate, loving and caring manner, that a friendship can survive. Best friends are best friends for a reason.

7. salvationarmy profile image59
    salvationarmyposted 6 years ago

Hello Competitor82:
    Yes, unambiguously would-(CHEATING-To violate rules or agreements-to be sexually unfaithful).  (FRIEND-A person who gives assistance, patron, a person attached to another by feelings of affection). To have a clean spirit-the notion of a being truthful is the only way.  The therapeutic bond that develops between two people involved should be generated with_LOVE_not_SIN.
    Competitor82, all forms of sexual behavior that is unethical leads too someone's else heart being restraint.
    Thanks, good question by the way, take care.

8. thepathtohealthy profile image60
    thepathtohealthyposted 6 years ago

I think you should confront the cheater first and tell them to spill the beans or you will. Yet again it would back fire. I think it just depends on how well you know that friend, and to try to get proof so they know you are telling the truth

9. michememe profile image76
    michememeposted 6 years ago

In my opinion no. Most of the time friends tell you they are stepping out on their significant other. I don't condone what is happening, but my loyalty is to my friends and not their gf/bf.

Now on the other hand, if I catch their gf/bf cheating, I would tell them. I know it's two sided but my loyalty isn't to their gf/bf. My friend would have a decision to make concerning that realationship. I wouldn't want me knowing that this was happening to come back on me and devaste my friendship and loyalty to my friend.

As I would want to know if my friend saw my siginifcant other cheating on me.

10. xethonxq profile image64
    xethonxqposted 6 years ago

I would talk with my friend and tell them they needed to be honest with their gf/bf...if they don't...yeah, I probably would.

11. alahiker28 profile image88
    alahiker28posted 6 years ago

This isn't a yes and no question. If I was a lifelong friend with someone that I knew trusted me and would receive my comments well, I would definitely tell them.  I may not tell them if I couldn't be there for them during the fall-out because I think there's a certain obligation that comes with being a bearer of truth.  I would NOT tell someone who is likely to doubt me or someone whom I do not have a lot of time vested with.  I'd put that in the not-my-business category.

working