jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What is the best way to stop a fight?

1. youmeget profile image76
    youmegetposted 6 years ago

What is the best way to stop a fight?

2. Zubair Ahmed profile image77
    Zubair Ahmedposted 6 years ago

It depends on the type of fight.  If its an argument between two, your involved then just remain quite, let the other person vent their frustration.  Or if you can then just walk away, till the situation is under control.

If it is a physical fight, then you ought to bring it to swift end by either walking away or retraining the other person till he/she is composed or a hospitable discussion.

3. yshashikant profile image70
    yshashikantposted 6 years ago

The answer would really depend on what kind of fight you are talking about here. A brief explanation would have really helped in answering this question. However i would assum you are talking about general fights in public places and answer accordingly.
    The answer is pretty simple, don't get into the fight if it's none of your business. You are eventually going to hurt yourself both physically and emotionally.
    I just found the category is 'gender and relationships', so i would have to give another answer. So, here it goes...
    Fights in a relationship do occur a lot of times. Give your partner some space and try to talk about the 'subject' which caused the fight. And if you are wrong then admit it or if you aren't, don't make a big fuss about all those small things in life.

4. Dave Mathews profile image60
    Dave Mathewsposted 6 years ago

When my wife and I argue, she will start yelling. I immediately ask her if her throat needs the exercise of yelling and start laughing. It is hard to be angry with someone laughing.

Failing that, I walk out of the room and go to the balcony for a smoke, leaving her yelling in an empty apartment at nobody. When I've finished my smoke, I walk in and ask her if she was saying something important, cuz I was on the balcony smoking and couldn't hear anything but traffic, then I smile. When she realizes she was yelling at the walls, she starts to calm down.

5. shanaya profile image77
    shanayaposted 6 years ago

It’s important that you recognize that your behavior needs to change. It’s not always easy to admit mistakes. This realization is a very good first step.

Try communicating with each other and if you keep fighting stop talking to him/her for awhile and see if that will help.

I'm very opinionated and this is just coming from my point of view.

6. edhan profile image61
    edhanposted 6 years ago

One side has to stop and think. Depending on the reason for such fight, it is best one has to put the brake. Fighting is never the best way to settle instead sit down and have a cup of coffee to talk over is best.

I tend to react calmly in situation when someone is heated up about an argument as it will do us no good when both get heated up. Learn to keep your cool and analyze the situation to avoid fighting.

7. Loveslove profile image59
    Lovesloveposted 6 years ago

Turn away from it...walk away ..dont argue ,unless you are a woman of course in which case you will be right and will eventually come out the winner !! lol Just joking ...my hubby says its not a bit of good argueing with a woman she will always make it seem as if she was the one in the right !!

If its a fisty cuffs fight...well,just walk away its not worth the  hassle it causes

8. zduckman profile image60
    zduckmanposted 6 years ago

Well I think if you tell somebody that you agree with what they are saying...it takes the wind out of the sails. Sometimes people just want to feel that they are being heard.

Where is there to go if you agree with them. One of my favorite quotes is "would you rather be right, or would you rathger be in relationship"
    Being in relationship is the art of compromising. I believe it takes more strength to surrender than it does to hold your ground.

working