jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

What is the greatest thing that children teach us?

1. StayPos profile image83
    StayPosposted 6 years ago

What is the greatest thing that children teach us?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/5042372_f260.jpg

2. michelemacwrites profile image79
    michelemacwritesposted 6 years ago

The greatest thing I have learned from children is the importance of play and laughter.   It is in playfulness and that carefree attitude that I can forget the stresses of everyday living and be momentarily at bliss.

3. Bobri Dobri profile image74
    Bobri Dobriposted 6 years ago

michelemacwrites said great things, I completely agree. Although I don't have kids yet, I love to play with my little nephew and I've learnt 1 major thing from him: to be yourself. He does only what he wants, whether it is playing with cars or piano or doll (not what society wants from him), and he puts all efforts to reach his little goals. He doesn't care what that boy would say if he wears pink T-shirt or plays with doll. I mean, living in society tough us to do what is expected from us, and what is perceived as normal behavior.. And we often forget what were our own initial interests and passion...

4. lovelife08 profile image59
    lovelife08posted 6 years ago

Humor is important, and life is full of surprises.  Mistakes will be made, and chaos cannot always be prevented.

5. Ashantina profile image61
    Ashantinaposted 6 years ago

Forgiveness....... Living in the moment...... Honesty.

6. moonfairy profile image79
    moonfairyposted 6 years ago

to laugh easily and love without reservation. Children live life to it's fullest...they chase their curiosities and live in the moment...and they absorb everything like a sponge. their innocence is absolute bliss!

7. your cybersister profile image59
    your cybersisterposted 6 years ago

My children showed me to see the world as new again, through their eyes.  I was able to appreciate so many simple little things that I had long been taking for granted.   They were fascinated watching ants carry a crumb, by how a dog drinks, by how sand sticks to one's feet - that sort of thing. There is an eleven year age gap between my first two boys, so I got re-introduced to the world twice.  I enjoyed it immensely.

8. sam3m profile image59
    sam3mposted 6 years ago

children teach us not to have children.  they are expensive, noisy, rude, unclean, demanding, etc.(actually that pretty much describes me). 
    don't mention what we miss, graduations, marriages, grandchildren, because if we didn't have these things, we wouldn't miss them.  and don't mention how much you love your own kids.  i love my four also.  but if i didn't have them, i'd be loving the corvette sitting in my driveway.  which isn't.

9. Mel Jay profile image87
    Mel Jayposted 6 years ago

Children teach us how to become unselfish.

10. Etherealenigma profile image75
    Etherealenigmaposted 6 years ago

Forgiveness. My son was, when he was little, the most forgiving person I knew. When I asked him how he did it, he told me it takes courage. He said that in order to forgive, you just forget what the person did that hurt you, and start all over again. Very wise. He was 7 years old at the time.

11. sairakhan profile image36
    sairakhanposted 6 years ago

Children teaches us take it easy wasy and not to get worried and enjoy the present

working